PDA

View Full Version : usb recording not possible in Greece

limpitakis
12-14-2011, 05:29 PM
Hi guys,
I have this problem in Greece with my new cinema.
Usb recording is not possible through IP EPG here in Greece.
NO R is being displayed to the EPG info so recording is impossible,
However no recording is possible even when trying to instand record something by just pressing the rec button as instracted by the manual.
According to the manual I could start a recording if after pressing the EPG button I then press the option button from which a tab should display a list of choices among which the recording one.
Doing so I do not have such an option even though some others are there.
The tv came with the latest firmware so I do not want how to approach this problem,
Could some one help me here?
Thomas any ideas?
Toengel any from you?
Thanks,
Nick

Toengel
12-14-2011, 05:39 PM
Hi,

do you connect a HDD to your TV (an empty one)? This HDD will be formatted for time shift / recording...

Toengel@Alex

limpitakis
12-14-2011, 05:48 PM
Yes of course I did.
The tv formatted the disk correctly because time shift works like a charm.
The problem remains at the recording feature however.
I can not think something else other than the firmware itself.
What is your opinion ?
Nick

Toengel
12-14-2011, 05:50 PM
Hi,

ok - I didn't get that... ok, fine - time shift works...

However, for scheduled recording you NEED IP-EPG! Without IP-EPG it does NOT work!

Toengel@Alex

limpitakis
12-14-2011, 05:54 PM
A 9706 tv recorded fine this morning at the service center of Athens,
Service used a 9706 model and confirmed a recording using the epg button first and option button immediately after. Then the list revealed an option of recording which I do not have when following the same steps.
Both tvs do not have IP-EPG abd their only difference is the firmware version. Mine's is the latest.
Nick

Toengel
12-14-2011, 07:17 PM
Hi,

OK - never heard that it worked without IP-EPG...

I have no idea...

Toengel@Alex

limpitakis
12-23-2011, 05:14 AM
Could some one help me here?
Thomas- PHilip can you?
Anything that I could do to fix my issue?
Thanks
Nick

DellUser
12-23-2011, 09:15 AM
TIP: USB recording requires an active IP-EPG. IP-EPG is not activated in Greece. But how does your TV know that it is in Greece? Simple: That is what you indicated during channel installation.
Redo channel installation and select country Italy. That would make the IP-EPG accessible. Your language settings remain Greek, so donít worry.
I am curious what channels on your TV are recognized by the IP- EPG.
Please let us know the results.

limpitakis
12-23-2011, 08:33 PM
TIP: USB recording requires an active IP-EPG. IP-EPG is not activated in Greece. But how does your TV know that it is in Greece? Simple: That is what you indicated during channel installation.
Redo channel installation and select country Italy. That would make the IP-EPG accessible. Your language settings remain Greek, so don’t worry.
I am curious what channels on your TV are recognized by the IP- EPG.
Please let us know the results.

Dear friend thank you very much for your help,
Usb recording did work.
The tv recognized all Greek digital channels by name but unfortunately no listings were possible. In order the tv to see the EPG listings I had to switch back to the setting EPG renew from the broadcaster.
However when switched to IP -EPG again the usb recording became accessible again. At least the instant recording,
Eveb though ip-epg is not supported in Greece (and other countries - can not understand why) I am happy that t least I can have instand recording rather than a disk which just stands there.
Thank you again , I could not have figured out that it was a country channel installation issue. I had the impression that the tv new the region by using ny network's ip address.
Nick