PDA

View Full Version : Internet connection after G5.58S update.

Giocast
12-15-2011, 08:44 PM
I have updated my NP3900 to G5.58S and registered it in Philips site to manage the radio stations. After this every time I try to listen Radio I get the "This is an empty list" message. It sometime happened Before update but an hard reset solved it. It does not change resetting all to default. It does not update the date and time and display "could not connect to the internet" when I try it, but if I check software update on line it's ok and it display "no software upgrade is needed" . LAN connection (WiFi) works fine and I can play mp3 from UPnP server very well. The device is unusable and I am very angry about that.

fromsomewhere
12-16-2011, 07:47 AM
Hi

I think you are suffering with the same problem of 5.58 which others have suffered. Can you check what happens after a reboot & go to inet radio directly without entering UPnP?

Giocast
12-16-2011, 07:55 AM
Thanks for your reply. When I try to go Internet Radio directly after reboot, NP3900 shows a message like "it's necessary to connect to internet" and asks for confirmation. Then I push ok and after 2 or 3 seconds it displays the empty list message.

Blechtrottel
12-18-2011, 03:00 AM
Hmm, I don't believe the "Empty list" thing is a problem of the Device Firmware or the Device Hardware itself. I strongly believe the issue is related to the backend server. E.g. mess up during registration or such kind of things (happened in the past). The fastest solution you can get is ...
Post your MAC address here. Then a Philips guy will look up on the backend and magically fix it. I guess worth a try ...

Giocast
12-18-2011, 02:00 PM
Thanks Blechtrottel, this is a good suggestion. Even I think the problem is the internet registration of the device. So I hope same Philips guy looks this post!
MAC of my NP3900 is: 18:8e:d5:36:db:be.

Philips - Remko
12-19-2011, 10:54 AM
Hi Giocast,

I have send you a personal message. Please check your inbox

Regards,

Giocast
12-19-2011, 04:38 PM
Now it works fine!

Thanks

k1200rs
12-19-2011, 06:40 PM
Would be nice to know what was the problem...and what was the solution? (that's the principle of a forum)?

Giocast
12-19-2011, 07:45 PM
Would be nice to know what was the problem...and what was the solution? (that's the principle of a forum)?

K1200rs, I'm agree with You but I don't know what was the problem. I suppose something about web registration of the device. Philips indicates me to try again today and it works.