PDA

View Full Version : [BDP9600] New Remote Control with changed Layout

Toengel
12-16-2011, 03:19 PM
Hi,

did Philips changed the layout of the Philips remote control?

I have the following:

Someone, who bought a BDP9600, got the following remote:

As one can see, there is no outer ring, color buttons are moved to the top, |< and >| are moved next to stop, and stop also indicates the eject functionality.

Any reasons why it was renewed?

And why the hell it's again a plastic remote control for such an expensive BDP? This does not fit!

Toengel@Alex

Philips - Remko
12-19-2011, 11:19 AM
Hi Alex,

Yes this was initiated to improve useability coming from different complaints on the original “diamond” RC concept.

Not only for BDP9600 but for majority of 2k10/2k11 BDP/HTS and TV’s with the diamond RC.

Regards,

Toengel
12-19-2011, 11:29 AM
Hi,

thanks for your feedback...

But still my opinion - please replace the plastic remote with one made of aluminium for your high end player BDP9600. At the moment it does not fit: 3mm thick metal case for BDP9600 and a plastic remote...

Toengel@Alex

smart
12-19-2011, 02:12 PM
Hi,

I really liked the "diamond" remote concept. I think, this outer ring offers so many possibilities to use the device. Outer right, large screen change/scroll, small right going in small steps.

So if you changed because of complaints:
Here is one complaining about the new one. The "diamond" concept is better!

I think, the kind of way how the outer ring was used to control the device was not always logical or consistent, so this might be improvable.

Greets

Philips - Remko
12-20-2011, 08:43 AM
Hi Smart,

Thanks for your input. I will add this on the wishlist for improvements.

Thanks again!!

paul_delabastita
12-20-2011, 12:28 PM
Dear Alex, I support your comment. The 9600 player deserves a quality RC. The RC that is currently delivered with the BDP9600 is virtually useless for entering text, for example when using NetTV functions. Maybe I am mistaken, but to me it appears that cost reduction, rather than functionality has been a driving force. That is not OK for a product in the premium segment.

smart
01-12-2012, 03:02 PM
Hi Philips - Remko,

I have another post regarding diamond control and how it can be used to really improve the usability of browsing the internet:
http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?4124-Browsing-via-Philips-Internet-Browser&p=23021&viewfull=1#post23021

Please have a look. I can not imagine, how the internet browsing experience is improved in the new generations of devices, if removing the diamond. I would estimate, it is the same usage as 2010, but without the diamond.

I do not have some of the newer devices, so maybe it is much better as the 2010 disaster with the zoom/scrolling of websites ...