PDA

View Full Version : TV turns off automatically

Andreas260863
12-18-2011, 12:15 PM
Hi,

my 47PFL7656K/02 is 2 month old and since 1 week the tv turns off after about 2 h run time. The installed software is the actual one. Can anybody help me?

Andreas

Manuel
12-18-2011, 12:44 PM
itīs a known firmware bug, disable channels update should work until new firmware update cames son, maybe next week, xx91xx.

Niels
12-18-2011, 03:46 PM
itīs a known firmware bug, disable channels update should work until new firmware update cames son, maybe next week, xx91xx.

Manuel, where did you get this information? Have you been in contact with Philips?
And do you meen week 51 this year (2011)?
Or do you mean with week xx91xx that it will come in the future (or maybe never) (at Sint Juttemis we call that in the Netherlands!)

Regards,
Niels

Toengel
12-18-2011, 04:25 PM
Hi,

he want to say, that (maybe) next week firmware 14.91 will be released for 6K-7K series of 2011 TVs...

Toengel@Alex

Andreas260863
12-19-2011, 07:57 AM
Thanks for your help. Let's wait and see, if the firmware update can fix the problem. Maybe we all get a nice christmas present...

behibbe
12-19-2011, 09:38 AM
Hi Manuel. what do you mean with "disable channels update"? Where can I find this option by my pfl 7606h? Thanks for these informations!

Manuel
12-19-2011, 04:57 PM
Go to "home", "setup", "channel settings", "channel installation", "automatic channel update", then you have "on" and "off ", chose off.

behibbe
12-21-2011, 07:02 AM
@ Manuel
Thank you. It works :-)

Niels
12-21-2011, 08:43 AM
@ Manuel
Thank you. It works :-)

Manuel and Behibbe, can you tell me what type of TV you have? 2011 models I presume?
I can find the option 'automatic channel update' in my 2010 model 7605 TV, but this option is 'greyed out'.
Only option is 'On' :(

Niels

behibbe
12-21-2011, 12:38 PM
Hi Niels,

My TV is from 2011 (PFL 7606H).

L1Zeeman
12-22-2011, 09:29 AM
Manuel and Behibbe, can you tell me what type of TV you have? 2011 models I presume?
I can find the option 'automatic channel update' in my 2010 model 7605 TV, but this option is 'greyed out'.
Only option is 'On' :(

Niels

I have a a 32PFL7606H and same as for you, the option is "greyed out" and always on.
And another problem appeared few days ago: every evening around 21:15hr I get the message that "there is an update of your installed channels".
When I accept (option "now"), the TV goes into channel installation for 5 minutes or so, next it displays:
0 digital channels removed
0 digital channels added
0 analogue channels added

So it seems there is nothing updated and the next day it starts all over again.
I tried to reinstall the channels via the menu, but that did not help either.
My cable provider is Ziggo.

Anyone has an idea how to solve this?

Niels
12-22-2011, 04:09 PM
I have a a 32PFL7606H and same as for you, the option is "greyed out" and always on.
And another problem appeared few days ago: every evening around 21:15hr I get the message that "there is an update of your installed channels".
When I accept (option "now"), the TV goes into channel installation for 5 minutes or so, next it displays:
0 digital channels removed
0 digital channels added
0 analogue channels added

So it seems there is nothing updated and the next day it starts all over again.
I tried to reinstall the channels via the menu, but that did not help either.
My cable provider is Ziggo.

Anyone has an idea how to solve this?

My provider is Onsbrabantnet and I also get these updates almost every evening! Strange?
After a reset the TV mentions: 'There is a channel update. This will be updated automatically when the TV is in standby' or something like this. I do not change anything in the channel installation.
You have a choice for 'now'? Is that to install the channel update. Maybe you can set some update setting to 'automatic'.

Kind regards,
Niels

L1Zeeman
12-22-2011, 05:55 PM
Niels,

"You have a choice for 'now'? Is that to install the channel update."
Yes, I get two buttons:
- NOW, i.e. it starts to update immediatly
- LATER, i.e. it will start to update next time the set is switched to stand-by

"Maybe you can set some update setting to 'automatic'."
As mentioned before, that option is "greyed out" at setting "on"

Niels
12-22-2011, 07:38 PM
L1Zeeman,

The automatic update setting is greyed out at 'on' on my tv too, but I never had the choice for install 'now' or 'later'. In the configuration menu my settings are:
Installation
> Automatic channel update: 'on' (grey)
> Update notification: 'on'
> Dialog channel update: 'OFF'
etc..

I think the last setting 'dialog channel update' makes the difference whether you are asked to do the channel update now or later. When it is off, the channel update will take place when the TV is switched to standby the next time.

Regards,
Niels

Philips - Thomas
12-23-2011, 06:22 AM
Hi

Automatic shut down has been solved with 14.93 Firmware. Please all Update your sets.

Regards
Thomas

Niels
12-23-2011, 01:11 PM
Hi

Automatic shut down has been solved with 14.93 Firmware. Please all Update your sets.

Regards
Thomas

Thomas. 14.93 is for 2011 models. When will this be solved for 2010 models?
I have 2010 version of 7605C/12.
My main board is replaced in oktober 2011. What are the chances that this main board will also accept the 14.93 FW?

Kind regards,
Niels

Philips - Thomas
12-23-2011, 01:36 PM
Hi

please use the 140.46 Firmware.

Thanks
Thomas

blulagun
01-12-2012, 01:19 PM
Hello Thomas

I have 42pfl7605h , how can i get the latest firmware files and how to do it best .

Thanks
Blulagun

Niels
01-20-2012, 08:39 PM
Hi

Thanks
Thomas

Philips - Thomas,

This year started with a full week without automatic resets (after being on holiday for a midweek). Last week I noticed already some resets - just while watching TV - and tonight I was watching a detective and was unpleasantly surprised by automatic reboots for about 10 times.
I finally decided to upgrade to 140.46 (from 140.40), kept the TV unplugged for 5 minutes and then gave it a try again.
Unfortunately the automatic reboots are still there ! :(

If it stays this bad I will call Philips this week to sent a tecnician.

Niels

nyehehe
01-24-2012, 08:47 PM
Hi

Regards
Thomas

This is not true !!!
I updated to this firmware and tv shuts down after two hours if I don't touch a button on the remote. I turned off automatic switch off!

Toengel
01-24-2012, 09:14 PM
Hi,

did you unplug your TV for 2-3 minutes (main power switch on the back) after the update was successfully? Please try that - this solves some hick-ups...

Toengel@Alex

nyehehe
01-24-2012, 10:01 PM
Hi,

did you unplug your TV for 2-3 minutes (main power switch on the back) after the update was successfully? Please try that - this solves some hick-ups...

Toengel@Alex

Hi.
I did it 2 times and every time I did it I had to reformat the usb harddisk, because the shitty Ip-EPG did not recognized it. Actually this happens every time the power goes off.
Even thou this is supposed to work, what happens with those who do not check here on the forum, they have to live with the idea that they bought a piece of crap? I do not understand this kind of marketing from Philips.

nyehehe
01-24-2012, 10:13 PM
I started a manual recording half an hour ago and now I can't stop the recording. I put it in stand-by with the remote, but when I start it is still recording the same channel.
I suppose I have tho use the well accepted method of switching off the tv from the main switch?

nyehehe
01-24-2012, 10:20 PM
I did it, actually the recording stopped, but I have to reformat the usb harddrive, because even if I reconnect it the "wonderfull" IP-EPG does not see it. Who the hell invented this creepy IP-EPG?
I cannot even identify every channel here in Norway!

nyehehe
01-24-2012, 10:30 PM
I did not even mentioned that when I am watching some dark images or for ex. the what's on page or other dark pages in several spots around the screen I can see the backlight. The whole screen looks like an burned out lcd screen. The best that customer support could come up with was to send back the tv for a two week service. I just bought it.!!!! ????

morma
01-24-2012, 11:44 PM
HY

I have the same problem with the automatic shutdown of my 7606h/12 , plus ambilight, epg and x more problems with it. Latest firmware is installed, philips sended an technician to repair my TV. First he reinstalled the firmware, no change, then he tried a new SSB (the mainboard).

Result the TV worked for five minuts without the possibility to switch to 3D and after powering it off it didn't even started up ><. Well he put the old SSB in the TV, well it works again and the problems aren't solved. So he left without helping and the brilliant words : I couldn't do anything from the beginning because these are software problems, but he had to check it.

Niels
01-27-2012, 07:39 PM
Hi

Thanks
Thomas

Dear Thomas,

Can you come with a better answer than "upgrade to latest firmware".
Obviously from the posts here neither 140.46 solved it for 2010 models, nor did 140.93 for 2011 models.
My TV turned off automatically again tonight for two times. It also restarts automatically and says "a channel update is available, it will be updated when the TV is in standby".
This is very annoying.

Kind regards,
Niels

Niels
01-27-2012, 07:49 PM
Hello all,

I found a similar topic (see bottom of this page) called:
http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?1820-TV-switches-off-and-on-automatically
This forum is closed, but it describes exactly my problem.
I wonder how the users in this forum solved their issue...

Niels

Niels
02-07-2012, 05:35 PM
After upgrading to 140.46 the problem of the automatic reboots is not completely gone, but the last 2 weeks it is not that bad.
With FW 140.40 I noticed a lot of automatic reboots (TV stops, screen goes black for about 5 seconds, then continues and displays a message 'a channel update is available'.
With FW 140.46 I have a lot less reboots and the reboot is often only audible (sound stops for a couple of seconds while the screen continues. Then sound comes back and message 'a channel update is available' is shown.
This behaviour is a lot less annoying than the black screen.

Niels

Niels
09-05-2012, 08:16 PM
Update on the channel update issue:
I contacted Philips and they had Technorep to contact me.
They told me how I can turn OFF the automatic channel update option (that was greyed out and could not be switched off).
When this option is on and not available, switch from DVB-C to DVB-T, turn off the automatic updates and switch back from DVB-T to DVB-C. Done in a minute. Now check some days whether this works or not !

Niels

Niels
09-08-2012, 08:08 AM
Update on the channel update issue:
I contacted Philips and they had Technorep to contact me.
They told me how I can turn OFF the automatic channel update option (that was greyed out and could not be switched off).
When this option is on and not available, switch from DVB-C to DVB-T, turn off the automatic updates and switch back from DVB-T to DVB-C. Done in a minute. Now check some days whether this works or not !

Niels

After this change I had reboots the same evening.
Thursday I decided to install the latest sw and re-install the tv completely (including channels). During the channel install the TV crashed 3 times. After removing the wireless dongle PTA/01 it finally succeeded. After that the TV worked fine.
Friday evening no problems for more than 4 hours!
But iafter watching a movie via DLNA turned back to TV and had black screen. Turned the tv into standby and on again. Channels back, but also a spontaneous reset within a few minutes ! :(

Niels