PDA

View Full Version : Poor performance Wifi Media Connect to 40PFL4707

dirkhamstra
12-19-2011, 07:01 PM
Hi!

The Wifi Media connect feature doesn't work properly. The picture streamed from the PC to the TV a 40PFL4706 is delayed by 2 - 4 seconds, jittery (i.e. skips, buffers, freezes) and the audio always trails...

Now the very same video streams work fine just on the PC, so I'm thinking that there's something I need to update in the Wifi Media connect settings. Suggestions & pointers welcome - I'm running Windows 7 on my PC and PHL-0AB_313_0 on the TV.

Thanks!
-Dirk

Toengel
12-19-2011, 07:23 PM
Hi,

I think you do not understand the WMC principle... WMC converts your desktop and all what is shown there to a videostream ON THE FLY - so, to achive a reasonable experience you cannot expect a FullHD stream with 60 frames. It would need a lot of computational power... Consequently, the resolution and the framerate is reduced...

Toengel@Alex

dirkhamstra
12-19-2011, 07:30 PM
Hmm that sounds like only static and moderately dynamic applications would benefit from WMC. That's different from what is shown on the on the YouTube videos on WMC, even with the reduced resolution from WMC.

Perhaps I need to hook up the machine with an HDMI cable to play for example ESPN3 - that however removes the wireless uption to control the TV/PC combo that I'm looking for.

BTW I'm not even talking abotu FullHD streams - basic YouTubs and web cam streams suffer from the same problems.