PDA

View Full Version : Your experiences with FW v0.140.45.0 for 8xx5 and 9xx5 series (2010 models)

Toengel
12-19-2011, 10:56 PM
Hi,

Please share your experiences with this new SW version here in this topic. Channeling your input will make it easier for users to search and find relevant info.

Discuss here all your experiences when upgraded to the new version (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/showthread.php?729-Software-overview-for-8000-and-9000-series-(2010-models)): new, old, positive, negative.... (for example, the "sound drop at HDMI problem" or the "black screen during zapping problem" is solved !).

Toengel@Alex

Changelog, following problems are fixed (preliminary overview until official list is available):
• HD+ service problem solved.
• Metallic sound solved.

Note: "clicking" sound will be addressed in next update.

Regards,
JuAn

Stoebi
12-19-2011, 11:29 PM
Hello

46PFL8505K/02
Since v0.140.44.0 I can't up and down (via remote control) in NetTV and Program Guide. :(
Turned off and after few minutes i turned on my tv but with the same problem.

Regards,

Peter

ali54
12-19-2011, 11:58 PM
where is the link for this update as i cant find it

Stoebi
12-20-2011, 12:11 AM
http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpindex.pl?slg=de&scy=at&mid=Link_Software&ctn=46PFL8505K/02

Can i downgrade to .040.x? Where can I find this firmware?

Regards

Michiel1986
12-20-2011, 12:11 AM
where is the link for this update as i cant find it

Same here.

Its not yet online on the dutch site of philips.

Stoebi
12-20-2011, 01:46 AM
Selected factory defaults and now I can't skip the agreement. Hit OK (remote control)
to Continue, but nothing happens. So I can't using Net TV and the Programm Guide (tvtv).

Regards,

Peter

Gerhard
12-20-2011, 07:19 AM
Moin,

(for example, the "sound drop at HDMI problem"... is solved !).

at first sight, I tended to say the sound drops are gone - but after an hour they came
back. No real effort, for me the new firmware 140.45 still does not solve the sound drops.
Now I'm waiting for the service to call me back...

- Gerhard

el911wood
12-20-2011, 11:10 AM
the hdmi sound problems are still exists in the .45 version.
i give u here a sample:717

regards

===================

Editted by Philips: see post #1

Regards, JuAn

Toengel
12-20-2011, 11:33 AM
Hi,

your examples: UNBELIEVABLE! Philips, PLEASE FIX IT!

Toengel@Alex

Mad_Max
12-20-2011, 01:27 PM

regards

...same problem here since version 140.44. Back to 140.40 and the problem has gone!
What's that Philips? No sound problems so far and now that... Unbelievable!

Stoebi
12-20-2011, 01:33 PM
Where can i download .140.40.x for modell 46PFL8505K/02, please? I can't using Net TV and
Programm Guide anymore.

ali54
12-20-2011, 03:23 PM
the sound click still there back to the old 0.34 this is a joke

Cookie
12-20-2011, 03:25 PM

regards

Hi,

I cannot open this ZIP-file!
It gives an error, saying that it is corrupted.
Please correct....

Tnx.

miro9000
12-20-2011, 03:42 PM
One more time an update without information.
C´mon betatesters.

A suggestion for Philips costumer care :
Now that comes Christmas time , instead of giving us to test new software, give us new hardware. You can change our 2010 tvs for the same models of 2011.

I am not joking. We, the forum members, are not so many. And we are helping you to improve your products. Dont forget that we are also costumers that should prefer to enjoy their tvs instead of write here about firmware and failures

Philips - Thomas
12-20-2011, 04:00 PM
Hi

We, the forum members, are not so many. And we are helping you to improve your products.

you say that you, the Users of this Forum are the only People writing us?
Sorry to disappoint you but our Service Center Guys will not agree with you. ;)

Regards
Thomas

Stoebi
12-20-2011, 04:09 PM
Hello Thomas, good evening.

Please help me. I need to download the firmware from 24.08.2011 (.40.x), because
I can't use NetTV and the Program Guide anymore.

In German:
Nach "Fernsehgerät neu einrichten" komme ich nicht mehr über die Allgemeinen Geschäfts-
bedingungen hinaus. Ein OK oder Up/Down auf der Fernbedienung zeigen keine
Reaktion. Die Fernbedienung ist 100% okay. Videotext lässt sich einwandfrei steuern.

miro9000
12-20-2011, 04:13 PM
Hi

Regards
Thomas
First of all, Thanks for this incredibly fast answer.
I am not saying that this forum is the only way to contact Philips. But this is the only place where the costumers can talk one each other, and see that they are not alone facing their problems.
Of course, i am sure that your guys of the Service Center are receiving thousands of claims :)

And finally, let me give you some advice:
When writing, sense of humor can be very dangerous, because it is not as well understood as when speaking.
So you have to be very careful if you are a spokesman of an important company as Philips in public forums of Internet.
Customers are customers here, on the phone or in a store

punschula
12-20-2011, 04:31 PM
First of all, Thanks for this incredibly fast answer.
I am not saying that this forum is the only way to contact Philips. But this is the only place where the costumers can talk one each other, and see that they are not alone facing their problems.
Of course, i am sure that your guys of the Service Center are receiving thousands of claims :)

I am shure of this..looking on the Firmware-Updates..:confused:brrrrrrrrrrrrrr:mad:

christophexxx
12-20-2011, 04:37 PM
1- picture quality with 140.44 was better than with 140.45.
2- colors problems (caracters faces) in dark scenes is not resolved.
3- 3d crosstalk : no solution (for example 3d depth adjusment, like with 2011 models ==> 2010/1011 models : same motherboard ).
4- sound problems (for mosts consumers).
5- mpeg artefact reduction : other artefacts appear (verticals lines) ==> control it with a degraded pattern !
6- picture sharpness is not the same with internal tuner (DVB-T/C) and HDMI for the same sharpeness setting ==> must be calibrated (use a sharpness pattern).
7- picture is overexposed with perfect contrast (gamma problem).
8- brightness problem (picture is less brilliant than with 140.37) ==> led calibration.

The last but not the least: sometimes the TV restarts in the night or when I'm at work (funny isn't it !)

peelaaa
12-20-2011, 04:51 PM
Hi

Regards
Thomas

Your sarcastic tone is not appreciated on this forum. Please refrain from this and treat the users of this forum professionally as we are customers of Philips. The forum users on here are trying to help each other, and you are just antagonising us with comments like that.

thank you.

ali54
12-20-2011, 05:01 PM
1- picture quality with 140.44 was better than with 140.45.
2- colors problems (caracters faces) in dark scenes is not resolved.
3- 3d crosstalk : no solution (for example 3d depth adjusment, like with 2011 models ==> 2010/1011 models : same motherboard ).
4- sound problems (for mosts consumers).
5- mpeg artefact reduction : other artefacts appear (verticals lines) ==> control it with a degraded pattern !
6- picture sharpness is not the same with internal tuner (DVB-T/C) and HDMI for the same sharpeness setting ==> must be calibrated (use a sharpness pattern).
7- picture is overexposed with perfect contrast (gamma problem).
8- brightness problem (picture is less brilliant than with 140.37) ==> led calibration.

The last but not the least: sometimes the TV restarts in the night or when I'm at work (funny isn't it !)

the big problem for me is number 7 where at times pictuer shifts

Lech1
12-20-2011, 05:15 PM
46PFL8605H/12 and PS3 via HDMI: sound clicks still exist, introduced with 0.140.44.0.

IronJack
12-20-2011, 05:48 PM
well hope someone will take few time to, at least, fix these important HDMI bug.
Meanwhile id like to know a thing: i've got these mkv file with one ac3 audio track wich is the default track and another one in DTS. Was wondering why it does play it but with no sound. I know that dts isnt supported (.....) but hey at least if there is inside a valid ac3 you should be still enable to play it!

Thanks in advance

Michiel1986
12-20-2011, 06:39 PM
the sound click still there back to the old 0.34 this is a joke

Thx for the information, then i keep my 140.39 firmware :)

Btw merry xmas to all of u guys here ^^

Lockon
12-20-2011, 09:15 PM
well hope someone will take few time to, at least, fix these important HDMI bug.
Meanwhile id like to know a thing: i've got these mkv file with one ac3 audio track wich is the default track and another one in DTS. Was wondering why it does play it but with no sound. I know that dts isnt supported (.....) but hey at least if there is inside a valid ac3 you should be still enable to play it!

Thanks in advance

Inspite the fact AC3 track is set as default, it seems that it's not set as primary audio track. Please check MKV structure with 'mkvmerge' freeware utility, you can change audio ID order and remux the file in a minute.

Gerhard
12-20-2011, 09:37 PM
I'm waiting for the service to call me back...

Well that was fast. Three hours ago they called back and on friday I will
get a new signal board - hope that will do the trick.

I'll keep you posted
Gerhard

Chrissie18
12-20-2011, 10:01 PM
As somebody who has experiences with outsourcing of software with three different companies during my SW development carreer that all decided to stop outsourcing and do all development inhouse, I would like to suggest Philips to do the same:
Hire a couple of qualified developers and develop all firmware inhouse, stop outsourcing and get the quality back on track...

I think that if you add all costs (travel, communication, delays, support costs, etc), than it'll probably also be cheaper...

If only I could give you some examples of the code I'm watching at every day....
Chris

IronJack
12-20-2011, 10:12 PM
Inspite the fact AC3 track is set as default, it seems that it's not set as primary audio track. Please check MKV structure with 'mkvmerge' freeware utility, you can change audio ID order and remux the file in a minute.

thanks Lockon.
Im checking with mkvmerge and i see that AC3 track is the first, right before the dts one. As i wrote, its tagged as default track but not as the forced one. Maybe is that the option that does the trick?

Thanks a lot

petasis
12-21-2011, 12:06 AM
As somebody who has experiences with outsourcing of software with three different companies during my SW development carreer that all decided to stop outsourcing and do all development inhouse, I would like to suggest Philips to do the same:
Hire a couple of qualified developers and develop all firmware inhouse, stop outsourcing and get the quality back on track...

I think that if you add all costs (travel, communication, delays, support costs, etc), than it'll probably also be cheaper...

If only I could give you some examples of the code I'm watching at every day....
Chris

How can you be so sure that they firmware development is outsourced?

Toengel
12-21-2011, 07:46 AM
Hi,

the new introduced sound bug (introduced with 140.44) caught on video (thanks to the reader Cent of my blog):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABkt7UkqfsY&feature=youtu.be

Toengel@Alex

ipodfan
12-21-2011, 08:14 AM
Bizarre, I have the same problem, but only with my PS3, and only when it plays music. Normal TV and satellite no problem. I wonder if the update only screws up a specific HDMI port , obviously I only think of this when I am not at home, so I'll see tonight if there are any differences if I move it from one port to another. I tried downloading .40 from your website Toengel, and downgrading by turning off the tv and holding the OK button while it starts, but it then thinks there is nothing on my USB key, when I put .45 on the same USB key it found it and upgraded.

I would be interested to see from Philips what their TV software development department looks like, alternatively it might be of interest if instead of a customer service individual (who is obviously just the messenger,and probably just as frustrated as we are) an actual Philips developer would participate. I am an IT manager myself, and it always does wonders when I force my developers to talk to the actual end user (he he..). My dev's would do anything like giving up a kidney before talking to an user. Whoever is here from Philips; you might need a big stick for that....

Toengel
12-21-2011, 08:25 AM
.40 from your website Toengel

Hi,

it's 21:9 only ;-) (different software)

Toengel@Alex

ipodfan
12-21-2011, 01:03 PM
ok, note to self: implement change management process including fall back to previous version for TV upgrades, never thought of backing up my tv software before...:p

Peer
12-21-2011, 06:54 PM
There is a newer software version: 1.40.46. Solution for stuttering sound and artifacts.

Michiel1986
12-21-2011, 07:50 PM
There is a newer software version: 1.40.46. Solution for stuttering sound and artifacts.

Still version 140.44 lol, i see no version 45 or even 46.

http://www.philips.nl/c/televisie-9000-serie/9000-serie-81-cm-32-inch-1080p-full-hd-digitale-tv-32pfl9705h_12/prd/nl/?t=support

If anyone tested version 46 tell me please, and where to get it.

Pety99
12-21-2011, 08:33 PM
Still version 140.44 lol, i see no version 45 or even 46.

http://www.philips.nl/c/televisie-9000-serie/9000-serie-81-cm-32-inch-1080p-full-hd-digitale-tv-32pfl9705h_12/prd/nl/?t=support

If anyone tested version 46 tell me please, and where to get it.

Hi,

the most recent softwer (140.45) find here.

http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpcontent.pl?slg=eng&ctn=32PFL9705K/02&dct=FUS&did=eng&file=&country=US&ofn=

peelaaa
12-21-2011, 08:46 PM
I see version 46 on release notes but not available to download. The software versions are coming thick and fast now.

raverke95
12-21-2011, 09:51 PM
indeed. Today the release notes are faster then the possibility to download the software. One week 3 updates available. It seems Philips starts to take care of the 2010 high end series. Finally after 2 years. Nice...
But it's getting to be a soap :) Just like a soap I will follow it, but instead of a never ending story, I hope this software thing will get a happy end :).
So far I use version 40.;)

ali54
12-21-2011, 10:14 PM
this is a first a release not out before the update lets hop the fix ed the clicking sound and improved the 2d pictuer

Toengel
12-21-2011, 10:17 PM
Hi,

clicking sound is solved... Downloads are online for 21:9, Econova and 8505... more to come...

Feedback on 140.46: http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?3759-Your-experiences-with-FW-v0.140.46.0-for-8xx5-and-9xx5-series-(2010-models)

Toengel@Alex

Philips - Thomas
12-22-2011, 07:19 AM
Hi

please all Update your sets to the latest FW and use this Thread (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?3759-Your-experiences-with-FW-v0.140.46.0-for-8xx5-and-9xx5-series-(2010-models).

Regards
Thomas
[close]

Gerhard
12-25-2011, 02:20 PM
Well FOA, merry christmas to you guys out there...

...I will get a new signal board - hope that will do the trick.

in the meantime I got a new processor board, running 140.45 and the sound drops remain.
Even the strange clicks while changing the channels are there. So simply changing the SSB board
does not help. Waiting now for the next firmware update :(

- Gerhard

Just want to point out that the service technician was a very competent and nice guy - thanks.

el911wood
12-26-2011, 11:57 AM
hi,
i have a new prob with the .45 firmware.
in very brightly scenes with flashes or scenes with very fast transitions from darkness to light. i can see artefacts, the pict looses the half of the lines for half a second.

detected yesterday in a harry potter film.

is this in firmware .46 a fixed behavior or a new prob.
i saw in the .46 changelog an entry for artefact reduction.
if not, so i have to make a video to show u the effect.

regards

petasis
12-28-2011, 10:22 AM
Can you photograph it?
Which movie, and what time inside the movie?
(To check in my 9705).