PDA

View Full Version : Your experiences with FW v0.14.93.0 for 8000, 9000 and 21:9 series (2011 models)

Toengel
12-21-2011, 10:23 PM
Hi,

Please share your experiences with this new SW version here in this topic. Channeling your input will make it easier for users to search and find relevant info.

Discuss here all your experiences when upgraded to the new version: new, old, positive, negative...

Toengel@Alex

Q555x_x.14.93.0 (Publication date : 2011-12-21)

Solution stuttering noise on HDMI.

Important:
Please perform a COLD REBOOT after updating the firmware (plug out the power cord for 2-3 minutes)!

Simon1979
12-22-2011, 07:05 AM
Hi,

Please share your experiences with this new SW version here in this topic. Channeling your input will make it easier for users to search and find relevant info.

Discuss here all your experiences when upgraded to the new version: new, old, positive, negative...

Toengel@Alex

@Toengel: I'm using firmware 14.93 right now, but got problems when using a CI+ module for UPC (The Netherlands). After switching on the TV it takes some time the TV recognizes the CI+ module. Then it works for about 20 minutes and then the screen becomes black. Maybe because there's a bug in re-recognizing the CI+ module? Can you please fix this? After reading the changelog the bug remains in this new firmware. Thanks in advance for a fast solution for this one!

Xeno
12-22-2011, 09:05 AM
The sound issue with HDMI seems to be fixed, was not able to reproduce it until now. Hurray!

Toengel
12-22-2011, 10:00 AM
Hi,

@all

Please also do a COLD REBOOT after updating the firmware (plug out the power cord for 2-3 minutes).

Toengel@Alex

Cinema 21:9
12-22-2011, 02:41 PM
Is there a difference between power switch and pull the plug?

DerShortyy
12-22-2011, 03:05 PM

Obviously - yes there is. Maybe there is an effect on taking the voltage off from the chipset.

Manuel
12-22-2011, 04:09 PM
No difference at all, there are a difference in standby and power off, on "power off sw".
Hen Tv power on from power Sw (or plug-in power cord), the Tv do a sou call cold start like a computer and make de complet power on sequence, hen came from standby, he jump a few steps.

bluevoice
12-22-2011, 09:25 PM
I've updated to 14.93 today on my Philips Cinema Gold TV. This is not something that only applies to the 14.93 update but it's persistent with 14.93.Every time I start my tv I see the information screen showing the message "undefined" twice on top of each other, the first one somewhat to the left of the second one. Does anybody know what does this means? What is "undefined" and how can I get rid of this message?

The strange thing is my menu language is set to Dutch but this message appears in English, where does it come from? See picture.

mk81
12-23-2011, 06:41 AM
The TV checks (and activates) what components are connected via hdmi-
as you ca see in your own picture your HTS is not "ready" in this moment (still "starting") so the TV can only recognize an "undefined" component-
but this changes some seconds later, when your HTS is ready (same with my HTS and my 9956) -
so wait some seconds and everything should work fine ;-) !?!?
(system control messages - like this - are always international so in English)

bluevoice
12-23-2011, 10:51 AM
The TV checks (and activates) what components are connected via hdmi-
as you ca see in your own picture your HTS is not "ready" in this moment (still "starting") so the TV can only recognize an "undefined" component-
but this changes some seconds later, when your HTS is ready (same with my HTS and my 9956) -
so wait some seconds and everything should work fine ;-) !?!?
(system control messages - like this - are always international so in English)

@mk81: thanks for your explanation, I understand now, still one question, do you also see the "undefined" text twice (supraposed with a little space between them) just like on my photo?

I only have 1 HDMI connection (HDMI - ARC) to my HTS. The HTS is also connected to my Apple TV through HDMI.

Kaalel
12-23-2011, 07:45 PM
I also have some problems with my Philips TV, model number is 52PFL9606H/12 and serial number is VN1E1144002628.

I installed this latest software/firmware (.93) but the problems still exist. The problems concern mostly streaming movies from my USB. It seems like this TV has problems mostly with .mkv format.

I don't understand why the TV can not play .mkv with DTS. Do you think PHILIPS it's possible, that in the future you will fix this problem?

As for my other problems also concerning .mkv files, some of these formats are playable (AC3 audio) but there is no picture, sound is working, but there's no video :/

Another problem is that my subtitles have problems with diacritics, I'm from Czech and some letters simply doesn't show and that's annoying, you can not watch it. Also I can not switch audio (language) in movies, does somebody know how to do this??

My last issue concern the DVD format (.vob). The TV doesn't know how to run a DVD form USB. Maybe in the future drivers?

I beg you PHILIPS, please answer to at least some of my problems. I'm patient and I can wait for the solutions.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Toengel
12-23-2011, 09:15 PM
Hi,

please see the supported codecs (2010 also apply for 2011): http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?1067-Supported-CODEC-overview-for-ALL-models-(TV-HTS-and-Blu-ray)

All your answers are listed in that table...

Toengel@Alex

mk81
12-23-2011, 09:20 PM
@mk81: thanks for your explanation, I understand now, still one question, do you also see the "undefined" text twice (supraposed with a little space between them) just like on my photo?

I only have 1 HDMI connection (HDMI - ARC) to my HTS. The HTS is also connected to my Apple TV through HDMI.

Yes sometimes the text appears twice overlapping - but I don`t think that this is something to worry about ;-)

yurasek
12-23-2011, 10:09 PM
Kaalel

Unfortunately, the built-in TV players do not always work well, so they should not count, as in the case of Philips, and even more so. I would advise to use an external media player or HTPC.

The position of Philips with respect to their television sets embedded in the software is puzzling, because to realize a decent player in our time no brainer. Complete disregard for DTS in the TV I do not understand. If you ask any film fans choose which track it while watching a movie, if there is a choice between Dolby Digital and DTS, I can assure you that he will choose the DTS. Number of recent Blu-Ray editions of the tracks in DTS already prevalent than Dolby Digital. But most disappointing is that the cheapest players on the same Philips, for example Philips HMP3000, $ 100 is support for DTS, but in the past top TV models of 2011 for $ 3000 is not even a hint of support for DTS.

Although this could be forgiven them, but why not to pass the DTS via S/PDIF? Is it so difficult to implement the pass of DTS via S/PDIF? Does the license price is so high? Do not believe it! Ideally, the Philips televisions must be implemented pass via S/PDIF all more or less well-known audio formats that fit into the bandwidth limiting S/PDIF, ie 1.5 Mbit/s, and a HDMI-ARC and all heavy HD sound formats like Dolby TrueHD or DTS-HD Master Audio.

It's a shame more then that in the latter Philips TVs there is no analog stereo, which in the example was in 2008 model.

Manuel
12-23-2011, 11:08 PM
Because of HDCP and copy right, if a HDMI receiver do not have DTS, the emitter can't send DTS to the receiver, and of course Tv canīt send DTS, if DTS is not supported, heaven pass through.
I do not understand why Philips do not support DTS on their Tv's, but i think at the moment only Samsung do support DTS, on Tv's. They have and agreement with DTS company.

Kaalel

Unfortunately, the built-in TV players do not always work well, so they should not count, as in the case of Philips, and even more so. I would advise to use an external media player or HTPC.

The position of Philips with respect to their television sets embedded in the software is puzzling, because to realize a decent player in our time no brainer. Complete disregard for DTS in the TV I do not understand. If you ask any film fans choose which track it while watching a movie, if there is a choice between Dolby Digital and DTS, I can assure you that he will choose the DTS. Number of recent Blu-Ray editions of the tracks in DTS already prevalent than Dolby Digital. But most disappointing is that the cheapest players on the same Philips, for example Philips HMP3000, $ 100 is support for DTS, but in the past top TV models of 2011 for $ 3000 is not even a hint of support for DTS.

Although this could be forgiven them, but why not to pass the DTS via S/PDIF? Is it so difficult to implement the pass of DTS via S/PDIF? Does the license price is so high? Do not believe it! Ideally, the Philips televisions must be implemented pass via S/PDIF all more or less well-known audio formats that fit into the bandwidth limiting S/PDIF, ie 1.5 Mbit/s, and a HDMI-ARC and all heavy HD sound formats like Dolby TrueHD or DTS-HD Master Audio.

It's a shame more then that in the latter Philips TVs there is no analog stereo, which in the example was in 2008 model.

Eliot
12-24-2011, 01:07 AM
Philips,

Good to see issues being resolved on this years models so swiftly.

I understand why you have prioritised the issues as you have.

Any idea when the dynamic backlight issues reported by some on you forums (over active and fluctuating dark patches) will be resolved?

12-24-2011, 06:09 AM
I'm currently at bright pictures above and below about 10 cm wide a range, which is often light and dark pumps.
After I performed yesterday evening a reset and then took 20 minutes from the stream, I now have more than once per minute flashes in the image and pumping up and down the image is still available!

mk81
12-24-2011, 07:02 AM
Still a

"Control issue":

The RC control led on the TV is blinking, but the TV reacts only to Volume and On/Off-Buttons of the RC
- without on-screen information; ( TV Connections: HDMI Philips bdp7600, MCD909 as external amplifier and DVD-Player via HDMI and Head-Phone-Out/Aux in, Ci+ Unitymedia TV-card and module/ Same situation with an other RC: Prestigo)
After restarting the TV everything works again fine for minutes up to hours -
but this happens several times a day!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIgyzK2oMSc&feature=youtu.be

So I politely ask for help / a solution !!!

Sincere thanks!

12-24-2011, 03:44 PM
Here are video files with the strip-pump, the screen flashes and the overlapping patterns followed by pumping effects.
Philips please, that you can be better!?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK3aHZOw7aM&context=C3a47a94ADOEgsToPDskLjfLI2qE-Ow-S_DLv2TOTw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXSHpI2MPn0&context=C3ead504ADOEgsToPDskITXLmY9hYqA1isQe4YIMgE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhSq9eLeUAk&context=C30fe7b9ADOEgsToPDskK7n4EhVGAE5qFBBnEBJxVV
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bi4yZ7b_9D4&context=C35a8b83ADOEgsToPDskI8i4heDmSWw8GOzC1knFUB

german_gyu
12-25-2011, 06:28 AM
Still a
May be "RC/EasyLink" issue:
The RC control led on the TV is blinking, but theTV reacts only to Volume and On/Off-Buttons of the RC
- without on-screen information; ( TV Connections: HDMI Philips bdp7600, MCD909 as external amplifier and DVD-Player via HDMI and Head-Phone-Out/Aux in / Same situation with an other RC: Prestigo)
After restarting the TV everything works again fine for minutes up to hours - but this happens several times a day!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIgyzK2oMSc&feature=youtu.be

So I politely ask for help / a solution.

Sincere thanks!

I had the same with 14.91 firmware, happens often and is realy unpleasant. In addition to mk81, in this case the volume can be changed, but the bar is not visible anymore. It looks like it have something todo with using several functions like videotext or EPG. I have currently only an harddisk recorder connected to the TV (external amplifier is hard powered off), but the recorder is switched off, so i think it is not an easy link issue. I had hoped this is fixed in 14.93, but it seems not. The same category is that sometimes the interactives tv (red key while viewing TV) stuck completely. It showes a bar with some additional informations and current news. If i scroll right to the news and press Ok, than the bar is frozen and can't be switch off anymore. I can change the channel, but the bar with the latest news stays forever. I will test tomorrow, if this is also still there in 14.93.

mk81
12-25-2011, 09:17 AM
- In this case I can't change the channels or do anything else with the RC, except changing volume or switching off the TV : until a restart of the TV.
(Sometimes it is possible to provoke this issue by switching to an hdmi source and back again just in the next moment...)

- Moreover when changing the channels more often the message "ecrypted channel" appears with not encrypted channels. Sometimes that often, that I have to unplug the TV for a cold-start. (Using CI+ Unitymedia card and module)

I really hope that these two very annoying problems will be fixed very soon by the next update ...
especially the first one, since it`s just the same effect on me as the TV goes off of its one after 2 hours - only difference , that I have to switch-off the TV in order to restart it !

yurasek
12-25-2011, 06:04 PM
Dear users of Philips TVs of 2011 which supports 3D Max! You could not verify the behavior of your TV with the latest firmware in 3D mode? To test it is desirable to use a computer as a source of any Blu-Ray 3D movie in a format "frame packing", glasses at the same time are not needed. Please pay attention to the resolution as the TV is changing. Do not stretch the image to the left and right? If you use an operating system Widnows, it is very easy to check the change of the Start button to the left and the clock to the right, as they are, in my case in 3D is strongly shifted to the left and right respectively. Do you have similar symptoms? I use a bunch of Intel i3-2100 and Philips 52PFL9606K.
http://i30.fastpic.ru/big/2011/1226/65/063eb4835f7833e79d273ff77e93b165.png

limpitakis
12-26-2011, 06:30 AM
Hello guys and Merry Christmas to all,
I have this issue but I am not sure it was there from the beginning,
The tv is 15 days old , I am very happy with it,
It came with the ...0.84 firmware and I did not have major problems other than when the tv started from standby it came without picture but only sound (twice) and could not turn on the tv from standby (three or four times).
Then when introduced the .93 firmware I have no problrms at the monent.
However what I have noticed is that the sound is relatively low in contrast to my other cinema 58PFL9955Η which gives a much louder sound at tha same levels.
For instance the 58PFL9956H when put to 15 gives a low power sound like something is missing. In contrast my second cinema has much louder sound at the same level. So I was wondering whether this issue was embedded to the 2011 cinema which means that this is the sound potential of the specific tv or there is something connected to the new or previous firmware.
And I am saying this because I do not remember if the tv had such a low volume when i first turned it on.
Please comment and give me some idea especially from guys who have the cinema at their homes.
Additionally the new cinema (specifications) comes with stronger amplifier which means that the sound should be more powerfull than last year's cinema
Thank you,
Nick

Toengel
12-26-2011, 10:44 AM
Hi,

what kind of source are you talking about? DVB reception? HDMI input?

Toengel@Alex

limpitakis
12-26-2011, 10:52 AM
All sources including the DVB reception give the same volume output at any level setting,
I compare volume settings between two cinemas and the sound I was used to hear when put the volume at a specific level. For instance with my 58pfl9955 i listen to a level of 15 quite satisfactory. To have the same effect with my new 58pfl9956 I have to increase the volume level to almost 25-30 and still the sound seems to be missing something.
Nick

Toengel
12-26-2011, 10:54 AM
Hi,

maybe the scales are different... (go to Net TV - Open Internet (somewhere where no sound is on) - increase the vol to maximum and take a look at the volume level - then compare it to the other TV).

Toengel@Alex

limpitakis
12-26-2011, 11:08 AM
The only thing I am afraid is a possible hardware issue regarding the internal amplifier.
Nick

mk81
12-26-2011, 09:17 PM
Pan shots over computer animated scenes (for example: Captain America Blu Ray / bdp 7600) produce double contours...in 2D !

Simon1979
12-27-2011, 09:25 AM
Hi,

Toengel@Alex

Important:
Please perform a COLD REBOOT after updating the firmware (plug out the power cord for 2-3 minutes)! Hi, is there also a solution for visible artefacts on the other models than 46PFL9706 (I have 37PFL9606). Perfect Natural Motion (PNM) is still active after restart of the TV even if it is disabled in the image settings menu. You have to enable and disable it every time the TV has been started to turn the feature off (until the next restart).

It is very annoying! The feature creates very strange artefacts on fast moving objects so I have to turn if off every time I want to watch TV.

Also, my 37PFL9606 needs time to recognize my CI+ module for UPC (DVB-C). It constantly says "coded channel". After 10 seconds (average) I see picture and after 20 minutes the TV gives a black screen. Maybe it cannot get access to the CI+ module when trying to update subscription? Can this be solved? Thank you.

12-27-2011, 10:40 AM
It should be mentioned that the Natural Motion bug apparently only occurs when using the internal tuner of the TV.
I've noticed that since I've done about the flashes in the picture the last days many attempts to isolate the cause.
Unfortunately I am still not yet found a solution. The flashes occur even if I disconnect the TV from all playback devices and able to operate with current and Satelittenantenne.
If you disable the Localdimming to convert the flashes into a kind of sporadic flicker.
The error occurs with the pumping stripes, if you Resets the device and then set up again. One must then several times in succession from the device and a switch, so this error will disappear!
Google Translator

sgk
12-27-2011, 04:34 PM
Hi, is there also a solution for visible artefacts on the other models than 46PFL9706 (I have 37PFL9606). Perfect Natural Motion (PNM) is still active after restart of the TV even if it is disabled in the image settings menu. You have to enable and disable it every time the TV has been started to turn the feature off (until the next restart).

It is very annoying! The feature creates very strange artefacts on fast moving objects so I have to turn if off every time I want to watch TV.

Hello,
I have exactly the same problems. :(
Are there any hints or tips to solve or bypass this firmware bug?
Any help is welcome.

Greeting
Michael

DerShortyy
12-27-2011, 05:48 PM
Hello,
I have exactly the same problems. :(
Are there any hints or tips to solve or bypass this firmware bug?
Any help is welcome.

Greeting
Michael

Hi guys,

i can NOT confirm the auto switch on of PNM on my 9706. I disabled it and than brought the TV to standby. After switching on the TV it was still disabled. I use "personalized picture settings. Did you try to disable PNM on "Personalized" settings or did you choose a existing picture setting (gaming, movies...) and tried to disable PNM on that?
After flashing the 14.93 FW i did a cold reboot ( unplug the TV from the power socket for 3-4min).
So far i can not tell anything negative about the 14,93 FW despite the fact that HBBTV doesnīt work properly.

sgk
12-27-2011, 06:12 PM
Hello
thank you for the hints.

Hi guys,
i can NOT confirm the auto switch on of PNM on my 9706. I disabled it and than brought the TV to standby. After switching on the TV it was still disabled.

Yes, it is always shown as 'disabled' but it is 'enabled'. Only changing to 'minimum' (or any other) and back to 'disable' will really switch it off.

I use "personalized picture settings. Did you try to disable PNM on "Personalized" settings or did you choose a existing picture setting (gaming, movies...) and tried to disable PNM on that?

I use the existing picture setting "Natural", so I will try personalized mode and report the result.

Greetings
Michael

DerShortyy
12-27-2011, 07:33 PM
Yes, it is always shown as 'disabled' but it is 'enabled'. Only changing to 'minimum' (or any other) and back to 'disable' will really switch it off.

Hi Micheal,

how do you know/feel that PNM is still enabled although it is shown as disabled?

Best Regards

ronalde
12-28-2011, 01:08 AM
I can't fast forward or rewind using upnp which makes it unusable for me.

* upnp is served by mediatomb 0.12.1 on ubuntu oneiric.
* network connection is local 1Gb/s wired router.
* I tried all kinds of video formats.
* TV = 32PFL9606H/12
* firmware = 000.014.093.000, 2011-12-21

Any suggestions would be welcome.

dante
12-28-2011, 01:09 PM
Hi Micheal,

how do you know/feel that PNM is still enabled although it is shown as disabled?

Best Regards

Just look at the picture. It looks like a "soap opera".

I have the same problem with my 9706T. The problem has always been there from the factory FW when I bought the set.

sgk
12-28-2011, 02:35 PM
Hi Micheal,

Best Regards

Hello,

I see macro-blocks in scenes with rapid movement until I turn PNM 'on' and 'off' again even if PNM shows 'off'.

My preliminary assessment (after a few hours and after 2 or 3 times power on/off) with the use of "personal settings" - yes PNM remains permanently disabled.

Greetings

DerShortyy
12-28-2011, 03:12 PM
Hello,

I see macro-blocks in scenes with rapid movement until I turn PNM 'on' and 'off' again even if PNM shows 'off'.

My preliminary assessment (after a few hours and after 2 or 3 times power on/off) with the use of "personal settings" - yes PNM remains permanently disabled.

Greetings

Sounds good! :-)

Iīve never recognized macro blocks... what kind of source of digital input do you guys use, satelite, cable, dvb-t??

12-28-2011, 03:32 PM
I normally use Natural Motion and Clear LCD does not.
I've tested it but sometimes it's really true.
If one of the preset energy saving ClearLCD switched ON and OFF switches Perfect Natural Motion, then after a restart Perfect Natural Motion turned on, although it is off the menu
You must then activate the menu and disable it before it works properly.
Another error that should be stopped!
Google Translator!

V4Mp
12-28-2011, 08:31 PM
I have Problems with the 014.093 FW and my 50pfl7956k-02.
Sometimes it reboots after switching a channel. It doesn't only by switching from channel to channel, sometimes switching back from net services or the programmguide and it does the same.
The ambilight is flashing into yellow or red colour and then it reboots normaly, but without the philips logo, to the channel I switched to.

Sry, my english is bad. :(

Kaalel
12-29-2011, 10:52 AM
Does anyone have problems with some HD channel? When i watch e.g. HBO HD or any other HD channel, the fps seems good until there is some explosion or some quicker or more demanding scene, then the picture is very slow, sometimes even with this cubes.

It's really annoying, that the TV has so much problems, you can't even watch HD movie without any problem like It's on other TVs. Grr :confused:

I hope that PHILIPS is going to fix this or I'll be forced to return the TV to the vendor because It's not working properly.

flajor
12-29-2011, 11:01 AM
Hi
I upgraded my 9706/T12 yesterday to 014.093 and so far the problem with only sound and ambilight is active at startup (no picture) is fixed. Normally I needed to restart the TV 2-3 times before picture was activated.
Jorn

Bluestraw
12-30-2011, 12:32 AM
I upgraded my 46PFL9706/T12 today and I have the same problem others mentioned, where the picture goes 'blank' for a few seconds for no reason. This happened twice today (once early morning, once late night). The picture seemed to come back, then briefly go again before being coming back to normal.

I have tried to reproduce the issue with the PNM being automatically re-enabled on the Natural setting after a restart but can't do so. What other Pixel Plus setting are others using which makes this happen?

xanto
12-30-2011, 02:00 AM
Hello, I have a problem with vertical banding or dirty on the screen moving scenes I've read on other forums that have afflicted all 9706, my question is this, you can 'fix with an update or is it a hardware problem?
If so 'it is still time to replace it with another brand .... greetings!

flajor
12-30-2011, 09:13 AM
Hi Bluestraw. Could you please check this, thanks a lot
Please could someone with the same TV (SW release no issue) check the backplane if there is a red diode blinking.
The diode is located (viewed from the front) about 8 cm to the left and 5 cm above the upper left wallmount hole.
I had the SSB HW card exchanged on this TV and I am curious if this red diode was blinking on the old one.
Br Jorn

Bluestraw
12-30-2011, 11:14 AM
Please could someone with the same TV (SW release no issue) check the backplane if there is a red diode blinking.
The diode is located (viewed from the front) about 8 cm to the left and 5 cm above the upper left wallmount hole.
I had the SSB HW card exchanged on this TV and I am curious if this red diode was blinking on the old one.
Br JornHi flajor,
Do I need to look at the back of the TV for this? It is wall mounted and I hard to access the back - sorry.

Bluestraw
12-30-2011, 12:39 PM
One more unusual behaviour I found - even when using the same settings for the TV, changing from 50/60Hz to 24Hz shows a MUCH bigger input lag. For 50/60Hz it is around 60ms, for 24Hz is around 150ms. This makes it very hard to set a consistent audio delay for the PS3, since all films run at 24Hz and games run at 50/60Hz. Has anyone else seen this?

Jimmith
12-30-2011, 06:48 PM
I did this upgrade (46pfl9706) a couple of days ago and it now seems that all backlighting LEDs are stuck on max output. Adjusting "baclight contrast" has no effect and there is no local dimming going on under any setting or any mode. I get a very bright, slightly washed out picture with poor black levels. I had disabled local dimming prior to upgrade, not sure if this has anything to do with it.

Any good ideas?

nnay07
12-30-2011, 07:09 PM
Br Jorn
Mine is blinking too. Not always at the same speed (especially while cold booting).

stefanox
12-31-2011, 10:10 AM
Today, after the television all night the power was off (plug out he power cable)
today I start the TV, it was sound and Ambilight also went on but no picture.
I had the television on and off again, and then got back image.
I have the last firmware version.

google translator

sgk
12-31-2011, 11:36 AM

Greetings

Hello,
I must revise my opinion, unfortunately.
The use of "personal settings" does not solve the problem. PNM is for power off/on repeatedly activated (even if it as 'off' is displayed) and generates macro blocks with fast movements. :(:(:(

Best wishes for the new year

Bluestraw
12-31-2011, 11:46 AM
Hi sgk. I still can't reproduce this issue on my set - PNM stays 'off' for me, or at least it is not properly 'on'. Is it completely 'on' for you, i.e. with the completely 'silky' motion, or just part of the effect? What other settings do you have?

sgk
12-31-2011, 12:14 PM
Hi sgk. I still can't reproduce this issue on my set - PNM stays 'off' for me, or at least it is not properly 'on'. Is it completely 'on' for you, i.e. with the completely 'silky' motion, or just part of the effect? What other settings do you have?

Hello,
I can't see any improvement if PNM is active - only these stupid macro blocks for fast movements (especially during movements of larger objects in the "foreground" and at TV broadcast in HD).

Sharpness - 5
Noise reduction - medium
Tint - normal

PPHD
PNM - off
Clear LCD - on
Super resolution - on
Perfect contrast - medium
Dynamic backlight - Best picture
MPEG artefact reduction- maximum
Color enhancement - medium
Gamma - 1
Video contrast - 85

Picture format - Auto fill

Greetings

PinkChocobo
12-31-2011, 03:00 PM
If you want to see PNM improvements (clear LCD involved too) try a pc or videoconsole FPS (shooter) and rotate the camera, for all others things i have it always off.

sgk
12-31-2011, 04:05 PM
If you want to see PNM improvements (clear LCD involved too) try a pc or videoconsole FPS (shooter) and rotate the camera, for all others things i have it always off.

So far so good - but I can not turn it OFF permanent. It is ON after Power OFF/ON.

flajor
01-01-2012, 11:08 AM
Today, after the television all night the power was off (plug out he power cable)
today I start the TV, it was sound and Ambilight also went on but no picture.
I had the television on and off again, and then got back image.
I have the last firmware version.

google translator
Hi
I guess I was too optimistic when I wrote about the positive experience with the "no image" problem earlier, I also got the same problem again yesterday.
Happy New Year

mk81
01-01-2012, 09:26 PM
- Ambilight flashes
from time to time for a second
in a certain area in wrong colours.

- TV seems to "restart" sometimes while watching a TV-Channel (Ci+ DVB-C) within seconds
(: no picture, no sound, than again picture and sound and again the info screen: "ext. amplifier activated" - just like after a manual (re)start of the TV)

bluevoice
01-02-2012, 11:11 AM
- Ambilight flashes
from time to time for a second
in a certain area in wrong colours.

I can confirm the flashes once in a while on my Philips Cinema Gold (50PFL7956H/12). This must be a bug.

So far so good - but I can not turn it OFF permanent. It is ON after Power OFF/ON.

I see it here too, PNM is always ON after turning the tv off and back on. The setting says OFF but one can clearly see it's ON. After switching PNM on and back off it stays off until you turn your tv off (or on standby). As soon as you turn the tv back on PNM is ON.

bluevoice
01-02-2012, 12:11 PM
There is one more issue on my Philips Cinema Gold TV 50PFL7956H/12 (that seems someway connected to the PNM issue):

It seems my TV does not remember all settings after turning it off and back on:
1) PNM (already discussed above)
2) Picture format: always goes to the top most option: 'Auto fill'
3) Picture --> Smart Picture: always goes to the option: 'Standard' (my own setting is 'Personal')

Do you also experience 2 and 3?

Eliot
01-02-2012, 05:55 PM
There is one more issue on my Philips Cinema Gold TV 50PFL7956H/12 (that seems someway connected to the PNM issue):

It seems my TV does not remember all settings after turning it off and back on:
1) PNM (already discussed above)
2) Picture format: always goes to the top most option: 'Auto fill'
3) Picture --> Smart Picture: always goes to the option: 'Standard' (my own setting is 'Personal')

Do you also experience 2 and 3?

I don't mean to insult your or anyone else's intelligence, but have you checked that you have the TV set to 'Home' and not 'Shop' in the menu? I and a few people had issues with all the settings reverting back to defaults after powering down their 9705's and it was down to this menu option setting back to 'shop' after firmware updates.

bluevoice
01-02-2012, 06:06 PM
I don't mean to insult your or anyone else's intelligence, but have you checked that you have the TV set to 'Home' and not 'Shop' in the menu? I and a few people had issues with all the settings reverting back to defaults after powering down their 9705's and it was down to this menu option setting back to 'shop' after firmware updates.
Hi Eliot, thanks for your suggestion, I just checked, just to be sure, the tv is set to 'Home'.

stefanox
01-02-2012, 06:20 PM
same side here

Hi Eliot, thanks for your suggestion, I just checked, just to be sure, the tv is set to 'Home'.

sgk
01-02-2012, 06:24 PM
The same for my TV.

EdgarPrao
01-02-2012, 11:43 PM
I did this upgrade (46pfl9706) a couple of days ago and it now seems that all backlighting LEDs are stuck on max output. Adjusting "baclight contrast" has no effect and there is no local dimming going on under any setting or any mode. I get a very bright, slightly washed out picture with poor black levels. I had disabled local dimming prior to upgrade, not sure if this has anything to do with it.

Any good ideas?

Try to use the main power switch to power off the TV completely. Local dimming does sometimes not work after a firmware update until a complete power cycle.

Prao

Bluestraw
01-03-2012, 02:33 AM
With local dimming switched 'off', does anyone else see some slight added brighness on the left / right screen edges? It's only visible on certain medium-intensity backgrounds, but definitely there for me. When I turn local dimming on, it becomes hardly visible.

limpitakis
01-03-2012, 06:35 AM
But that is exactly what local dimming does. It conmepsates light throughout the screen. When you switch local dimming to off the screen becomes a kind of CCFL one and thus light may find a way to escape and presents itself as brihghtness.
For me that is an indication that your local dimming works as it should,
Nick

Eliot
01-03-2012, 05:40 PM
But that is exactly what local dimming does. It conmepsates light throughout the screen. When you switch local dimming to off the screen becomes a kind of CCFL one and thus light may find a way to escape and presents itself as brihghtness.
For me that is an indication that your local dimming works as it should,
Nick

I think the issue here is why people who have bought a full array LED TV are having to switch off the Dynamic Backlight in the first place.

The backlight seems to be a little over zealous and seems to flicker on and off whilst the picture is displaying a constant image with seemingly constant brightness and contrast. My 9705 never suffered with this, but my 9706 certainly does.

Hopefully Philips will comment on this and it would be interesting not only to know when this issue can be fixed, but also what the difference between the system used in the older models and the 9706 is.

01-04-2012, 06:06 AM
I had several Localdimming Philips TV, but no device has been so demonstrated a useless operation of the Localdimming as the Cinema 21:9 9956th
In light images ever darkened areas are unnecessary, although it will usually reduce the contrast. What does that be necessary?
Check out some of the image without Localdimming!
There is still only in the black area under IRE 5 is a need to regulate to prevent the black areas are gray.
Otherwise, it's absolutely pointless to regulate and only destroys everything!
Does it really none of your engineers with a 21:9 Cinema 9956 home and sees the correct day this unnecessary mistake?
Philips, but please listen to your customers, we are the best testers, you may wish you, you still have to implement it only!

List of errors PFL 58 Cinema 21:9 9956 firmware '93

- Sporadic flashes in the picture
- Image unnecessary pumps
- Superimposed pattern in gray images at 10 IRE
- Sometimes sluggish menu
- If Clear LCD On and Natural Motion Off is always after a restart Natural Motion On, even though the menu is Off

Please Philips is, but from these mistakes!

(Google Translator)

DerShortyy
01-04-2012, 03:20 PM
My summery after 2 weeks testing the FW 14.93 on 46pfl9706/k02
At first everything seems to be very stable, especially while watching normal TV. Also entering NET TV and the Menu is much faster as before.
BUT
Sometimes it still occures that the TV comes from standby with no picture but sound and ambilight are on. This happens sometimes if you switch channels, mostly if you switch to ZDF HD.
The most problems occures with the internet/network based applications. I have experienced that enabled HBBTV causes a lot of trouble in the TV, neither the HBBTV pages (red button ) doesnīt get loaded or if they get loaded the TV reboots after some undefined time or the network connection crashes. You can recognize that it crashes because the channel you are watching turns to black screen and turns on again. After that happens you can try to open NET TV and you will see that the TV tries to reconnect to NET TV.
Also the IP-EPG causes these troubles. Neither the programm information doesnīt get loaded at all and everything you can see is a black sreen with these loading bubbles or it might happen that the IP-EPG canīt be controlled at all with the remote.
After these reboots or crashes NET TV and the Menu of the TV is very slow and you are not able to do USB recordings anymore thats why you have to hard switch off the TV to get it run in a normal/acceptable way.

Can anybody confirm this behaviour?

german_gyu
01-04-2012, 08:24 PM
Yes, i can. I can't say anything about the changes to the old software, because i got the TV (37PFL9606, TVB-C, only free SD and HD digital and analog channels, no CAM) with the 14.93, but I have the same experiene with the software. Watching TV is mostly OK, but NetTV or HBBTV brings the system in trouble. The Net functions are all much to slow !
1. Both (NetTv or Hbbtv) are not realy useable with WLAN. It takes to long and sometimes it is completely not more possible to work with. In this case it is also not possible to switch off NetTV/HBBTV. System is frozen for a while (seconds up to minutes). So i switched after a few days to PowerLAN.
2. TV crashes (reset) sometimes if you switch back from HBBTV or NetTV while playing. Same happens sometimes if you use HBBTV or NetTV.
3. Sometimes if you switch back from HBBTV or NetTV screen stays black. Healing by change channel.
4. Sometimes if you switch back from HBBTV or NetTV screen audio is muted. Healing by double press mute.
5. Sometimes hbbtv menu (red button while viewing ZDF) could not be switched off. (red key doesn't work)
6. Sometimes Network connection is broken after a while (not possible to use any net function). Only black screen and scanning bar (searching network) is visible. Healing only by switch off and on the TV.
7. Sometimes videotext does not work anymore. Healing only switch off and on the TV. (hbbtv and NetTv works !?)
8. ZDF Mediathek does not work anymore. Not via hbbtv and not via App.
9. Sometimes (but then always) switching the TV channels leads to a short dropout of the picture. Switch -> black screen (normal switch) -> 0,5 second visible channel -> 1 s black screen -> visible channel again. -> Healing ? (i does not remember yet)
10. EPG -> TO SLOW and with a lot of errors !!! With 16 Mbit internet and proofed 90 Mbit Powerlan connection ! If you switch from one channel list to the next, often not the full information is updated. Then it shows the RTL logo, but the program of WDR or so. Healing: scroll TWO screens up or down and then back to the screen with the error. Additionally the content is not realy cached. If you scroll down one page and then back on page the screen is filled with delay. (we are living in a time where all mobil phones can changed here screens smoothly!).
11. In EPG sometimes two menu bars are visible (first line on top of screen isn't deleted)
12. In EPG: If you select one movie, then the screen goes short black (why this switch to black) and then display the movie content. But with a lot of space at the top, then a list of the actors and then only a small part of the movie content. The real content of the movie is often not more visible (second screen) and must be reached by stupid scroll down function (no concrete steps, only jumps from links to links, what makes no sense on such screen). Have no one at philips checked the workability of this function ?
13. Sometimes EPG is visible (works well), but shows never ending loading bubbles ...
14. If you have enabled view of only the favorites channels (TV install analog channels from channel 300 on) then the EPG still shows ALL channels, which means you must scroll down 30 pages (that does not work without reset or lost of your patience)
15. After using hbbtv/epg/nettv sometimes TV seems to be very slowly.
16. Sometimes small hbbtv popup (on rigth lower corner) comes up after switch channel, but if you press the red key hbbtv of the previous channel is shown !
17. No direct jump key on remote control to EPG or NetTV, but this senseless sound/option key. (hdmi control of the amplifer via easylink works realy fine). Additionally useability of the keys on the remote control is not understandable. On hbbtv there seems no concept about the user interface. Sometimes number keys, sometimes colored keys, sometimes jump keys. Sometimes menu and ok button. Same with the current TV program. On some screens visible on the left, on some screens on the rigth, some screens transparent. Sometimes not visible. Sometimes a black screen between screens, sometimes a transparent screen. (Steve is died, but i wouldn't wonder if the apple TV shows the right way of doing such things)
18. If you switch from IP EPG to normal EPG, no programm from analog channels are shown (IP TV asks for not detected channels, why does "not IP EPG" not the same ???
19. Sometimes switching channels are not possible anymore. Only volume can be changed, but volume bar is not visible. Healing: Sometimes select TV as source. Sometimes press "back" button.
20. Five weather apps, but none of them remembers the city or my preference screen ?! It's enough to make you weep.
21. Apps screens to slow (at least the entrance screens should be cached and fast)

.... to be continued ...

22. Only one highligth more ... Sometimes if the screen is black and only the network scanning bar is visible at the bottom, then the complete screen brightness changed in the rhythm of the scanning bar. Similar thing happens if the menu screens of the via HDMI connected amplifier or similar devices. The complete screen flounce (flashing) with each step of the menu bar of the devices. That makes you mad after a while (my amplifier have many many menus entries).

DerShortyy
01-05-2012, 08:13 AM
7. Sometimes videotext does not work anymore. Healing only switch off and on the TV. (hbbtv and NetTv works !?)
9. Sometimes (but then always) switching the TV channels leads to a short dropout of the picture. Switch -> black screen (normal switch) -> 0,5 second visible channel -> 1 s black screen -> visible channel again. -> Healing ? (i does not remember yet)
13. Sometimes EPG is visible (works well), but shows never ending loading bubbles ...
15. After using hbbtv/epg/nettv sometimes TV seems to be very slowly.
16. Sometimes small hbbtv popup (on rigth lower corner) comes up after switch channel, but if you press the red key hbbtv of the previous channel is shown !
19. Sometimes switching channels are not possible anymore. Only volume can be changed, but volume bar is not visible. Healing: Sometimes select TV as source. Sometimes press "back" button.

I can confirm all the mentioned issues quoted above, although i didnīt described them explicit in my post.

Additionally i want to add the following issue:
- sometimes when you open up the IP-EPG the screen is just black and on the left upper corner you can see a little blue "OK" button. you can left with the back button but the IP-EPG is stuck to this black screen, when you open up again

bluevoice
01-05-2012, 10:40 AM
I can confirm all the mentioned issues quoted above, although i didnīt described them explicit in my post.

Additionally i want to add the following issue:
- sometimes when you open up the IP-EPG the screen is just black and on the left upper corner you can see a little blue "OK" button. you can left with the back button but the IP-EPG is stuck to this black screen, when you open up again

I also see this behavior on my Philips Cinema Gold tv. To solve this I always perform a hard restart (by button) and than it works again in most cases.

DerShortyy
01-05-2012, 11:03 AM
I also see this behavior on my Philips Cinema Gold tv. To solve this I always perform a hard restart (by button) and than it works again in most cases.

a hard reset is of course no acceptable way to solve this issue!

DerShortyy
01-05-2012, 09:09 PM
This evening it happend again,after the TV was stable the whole time,it shut down automatic after 2hours. I can't reproduce because This ist the first time after i updated 2weeks ago.
Can anybody confirm ?

bluevoice
01-05-2012, 09:31 PM
My tv started behaving weird today. I now have the 'Multi-View' icon 3 times in the tv menu. Take a look at this screenshot.

mk81
01-06-2012, 06:19 AM
@bluevoice
Things like that can happen sometimes (since your Tv is like a small PC...) -
just start yout TV again.

Format is not always recognized and filled correctly (21:9) so that you have to change border adjustment within one broadcast...and moreover when you change the channel/broadcast the boarder adjustment is def. too high... Maybe this silly thing is updateable... (I know, that this can also depend on the broadcast station) !?!

zlatko
01-06-2012, 09:25 AM
With local dimming switched 'off', does anyone else see some slight added brighness on the left / right screen edges? It's only visible on certain medium-intensity backgrounds, but definitely there for me. When I turn local dimming on, it becomes hardly visible.
I keep local dimming on my 52PFL9606 always at "Standard" and yes - I can spot a slightly brighter zones(~2-3cm) alongside the left and right edges of the screen. Hardly noticeable, happens only when material is of medium contrast.
Will test with local dimming set to "Off" and write back.

PS. Just found this new thread: http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?4032-Subtle-backlight-bleeding-46PFL6606H Nearly the same issue but with EDGE LED screen of 6606. Interesting!

Bluestraw
01-06-2012, 07:11 PM
I agree with that other thread - looks like a s/w fault to me. Since much of the time it's fine, and it gets better / worse depending on the settings for local dimming, it feels like there is something wrong in the code that controls the lighting. At least it's not a hardware fault - hope the next firmware update can fix it.

Thomas Kaul
01-07-2012, 06:56 PM
Hi all,

installed 14.93.0 on 40PFL8608K, no problems to report.

Kind rgds,
Thomas

Bert
01-07-2012, 10:58 PM
I installed 14.93.0 on 46PFL8606H/12, still 2 issues:

-Flashing backlight or large areas are lit from top to the bottom area of the screen (usually after several minutes when you switched on the tv)

-Perfect natural motion is "on" after restart of the tv (it schould be "of" because in the settings it is displayed as "disabled")

Regards,
Bert

bluevoice
01-09-2012, 08:58 AM
Guys,

Maybe any of you can help or at least confirm this. My setup consists of a Philips Cinema Gold TV (50PFL7956H/12) and the Philips HTS 8562/12. The HTS is connected to the TV with the Philips HDMI-cable SWV3432S High Speed.

My TV always crashes / reboots when I start the HTS and also very often when I change the sources (from HDMI - ARC to EXT to USB) on the HTS. I see a small flickering and a quick green flash and then the tv goes black and the Philps logo comes on screen.

The problem is all settings go back to standard:
- picture setting goes from personal to standaard
- PNM gets back on
- picture format goes back to auto-fill (top most option)
- Easylink between TV and HTS is broken and HTS can't find any attached HDMI devices when searching for devices for audio mapping.

The thing is, the crashes also happen when the tv is in standby (with the led burning red on the TV) and I just turn on the HTS. I see the Philips logo coming on the screen and the TV goes back to standby.

I called Philips support and last week a technician replaced the SSB board (mainboard) of my tv with the new one, but the resets / crashes / reboots still happen. The technician said that he can't do anything more in my case and that this should be a software problem that must be corrected by Philips.

I tried different things:
- unplugged the USB hard drive that I use for USB recordings
- changed HDMI cables (tried 4 different ones)
- I used a different AC outlet for the TV
- used other HDMI connection than HDMI - ARC
nothing helped, the tv keeps crashing and I don't know where to look anymore.
- changed video output on the HTS from 'Automatic' to '1080p/24' to '1080p'.

Is it a software or a hardware problem and is it the tv that causes the problem (because this is the device that crashes) or could it be the HTS?

Any of your suggestions would be appreciated!

DerShortyy
01-09-2012, 09:19 AM
Guys,

Maybe any of you can help or at least confirm this. My setup consists of a Philips Cinema Gold TV (50PFL7956H/12) and the Philips HTS 8562/12. The HTS is connected to the TV with the Philips HDMI-cable SWV3432S High Speed.

My TV always crashes / reboots when I start the HTS and also very often when I change the sources (from HDMI - ARC to EXT to USB) on the HTS. I see a small flickering and a quick green flash and then the tv goes black and the Philps logo comes on screen.

The problem is all settings go back to standard:
- picture setting goes from personal to standaard
- PNM gets back on
- picture format goes back to auto-fill (top most option)
- Easylink between TV and HTS is broken and HTS can't find any attached HDMI devices when searching for devices for audio mapping.

The thing is, the crashes also happen when the tv is in standby (with the led burning red on the TV) and I just turn on the HTS. I see the Philips logo coming on the screen and the TV goes back to standby.

I called Philips support and last week a technician replaced the SSB board (mainboard) of my tv with the new one, but the resets / crashes / reboots still happen. The technician said that he can't do anything more in my case and that this should be a software problem that must be corrected by Philips.

I tried different things:
- unplugged the USB hard drive that I use for USB recordings
- changed HDMI cables (tried 4 different ones)
- I used a different AC outlet for the TV
- used other HDMI connection than HDMI - ARC

Is it a software or a hardware problem and is it the tv that causes the problem (because this is the device that crashes) or could it be the HTS?

Any of your suggestions would be appreciated!

Hi,
in my opinion it is a software issue. Which FW do you have installed on your HTS?
i have connected HTS9221 to 46pfl9706 and i donīt have crashes/ reboots when the HTS starts. But i still have occasional reboots of the TV. These crashes/reboots doesnīt occure that often like with FW 14.84 but every other day there is a reboot.

Have you tried to unplug the TV from the power socket for a few minutes?
Best regards

bluevoice
01-09-2012, 09:28 AM
Hi,
in my opinion it is a software issue. Which FW do you have installed on your HTS?
i have connected HTS9221 to 46pfl9706 and i donīt have crashes/ reboots when the HTS starts. But i still have occasional reboots of the TV. These crashes/reboots doesnīt occure that often like with FW 14.84 but every other day there is a reboot.

Have you tried to unplug the TV from the power socket for a few minutes?
Best regards

On the HTS I have the latest software available installed version 1.27.

Yes I tried that and I learned that it helps to restore some of the preset settings on the TV but not all of them, but the resets still occur.

There is something strange going on, the TV only crashes when the tv is set to the same video input source for the HTS (say HDMI 1). When it's set to 'watch tv' it doesn't crash at HTS startup. Now I can trigger a reset manually by changing the source on the TV from 'Watch TV' to HDMI 1 (or whatever other connection the HTS is connected to).

DerShortyy
01-09-2012, 10:29 AM
On the HTS I have the latest software available installed version 1.27.

Yes I tried that and I learned that it helps to restore some of the preset settings on the TV but not all of them, but the resets still occur.

There is something strange going on, the TV only crashes when the tv is set to the same video input source for the HTS (say HDMI 1). When it's set to 'watch tv' it doesn't crash at HTS startup. Now I can trigger a reset manually by changing the source on the TV from 'Watch TV' to HDMI 1 (or whatever other connection the HTS is connected to).

This is strange, indeed! And with other FW Versions of the TV you didnīt have these issues, right? Easylink Options are on both devices enabled? Can you see all HTS Menus in your TVīs Menu? Sometimes i can only see the Configuration Menu of the HTS but not the others like HTS-NETTV, HTS-ipod etc.

bluevoice
01-09-2012, 10:38 AM
This is strange, indeed! And with other FW Versions of the TV you didnīt have these issues, right? Easylink Options are on both devices enabled? Can you see all HTS Menus in your TVīs Menu? Sometimes i can only see the Configuration Menu of the HTS but not the others like HTS-NETTV, HTS-ipod etc.

I did have issues with all previous firmware versions. I think the tv was on 14.79 or 14.80 when I purchased the HTS. So is this a bug that was always there?

Yes Easylink options are enabled on both devices and most time I can see all HTS menu's in the TV menu. Sometimes I can only see one option 'HTS disc player'.

Could there be someting wrong with the video signals transmitted by the HTS that make the TV crash or with the video processing on the TV, that can't handle the input?

Or could it be because of the Easylink? HTS trying to turn on the tv while the TV is already on resulting in a crash / reboot?

I have no clue where to look anymore :(

ruudvdl
01-09-2012, 07:42 PM
I agree with that other thread - looks like a s/w fault to me. Since much of the time it's fine, and it gets better / worse depending on the settings for local dimming, it feels like there is something wrong in the code that controls the lighting. At least it's not a hardware fault - hope the next firmware update can fix it.
This problem already existed on the 46PFL6606 with the july 2011 firmware. Didn't change when I updated to the december 2011 firmware (don't remember the exact version numbers). Did anyone notice it on these 8000/9000 21:9 screens before?

It feels like the backlight is not the problem, but increased transparency of the LCD at the edges is (perhaps overcompensating the fact that some tv's have less LED-illumination at the left and right edge?)

At least it feels like something like this is going on in the software. I still don't know whether I have to return my tv; still don't know for sure if my 46PFL6606 has a hardware issue or if this is a general software issue (which just happens to annoy me more than the average tv owner :)

j@c0
01-09-2012, 08:47 PM
I installed 14.93.0 on 46PFL8606H/12, still 2 issues:

-Flashing backlight or large areas are lit from top to the bottom area of the screen (usually after several minutes when you switched on the tv)

-Perfect natural motion is "on" after restart of the tv (it schould be "of" because in the settings it is displayed as "disabled")

Regards,
Bert

+1
-Flashing backlight with 3D movies

-Perfect natural motion is "on" after 3D movies (shown of on the screen but is active)

bluevoice
01-10-2012, 08:55 AM

I now believe my reset / reboot / crash issue is related to Easylink.

If I disable the Easylink Standby function on the HTS the tv doesn't crash on HTS startup anymore. Still If I disable only this function and keep other Easylink functions like Easylink Auto-on on, the TV keeps crashing when I change the source on the HTS to i.e. Radio.

Is there anyone that has all Easylink functions on both TV and HTS on and can confirm this behaviour? I'm asking to be sure that this is not a hardware problem om my TV or HTS.

DerShortyy
01-10-2012, 09:02 AM
I now believe my reset / reboot / crash issue is related to Easylink.

If I disable the Easylink Standby function on the HTS the tv doesn't crash on HTS startup anymore. Still If I disable only this function and keep other Easylink functions like Easylink Auto-on on, the TV keeps crashing when I change the source on the HTS to i.e. Radio.

Is there anyone that has all Easylink functions on both TV and HTS on and can confirm this behaviour? I'm asking to be sure that this is not a hardware problem om my TV or HTS.

Hi blue,
what did Juan told you in his PM?
Because of the fact i have enabled easlink-auto-on and the TV doesnīt crash, iīm afraid that there is a hardware problem/incompatibility on your devices.

With my 46pfl9706 and the HTS9221 i have sometimes audio drop outs, most of the time when i turn on the devices and the TV starts the connection. To solve this issue i have to change channels.

bluevoice
01-10-2012, 09:16 AM
Hi blue,
what did Juan told you in his PM?
Because of the fact i have enabled easlink-auto-on and the TV doesnīt crash, iīm afraid that there is a hardware problem/incompatibility on your devices.

He told me this could be a chicken - egg problem, either a HTS or a TV problem. He told me he would pass my findings to the audio division for further investigation.

@ DerShorty: my problem is reproducible like this: turn all Easylink features ON on both TV and HTS (for sound set the TV Sound on Easylink Autostart). On the HTS set the Audio mapping on TV - HDMI-ARC and save this setting. Now if the TV is set to 'watch tv' the following will happen: tv gets on, starts HTS, sound goes through HTS. So far so good, now if I change the source on the TV to HDMI1 (the HTS connection) --> BOOM!!! reset and all settings are lost.

A second way to reproduce the problem is:
Start the TV on HDMI1 connection (is says 'No video signal'). Start HTS and --> BOOM!!! reboot again and all settings, especially the Easylink ones are gone. If I go back to HTS the Easylink volume control is turned off and the HTS can't find any connected HDMI devices when scanning for devices to save on Audio-mapping again.

With my 46pfl9706 and the HTS9221 i have sometimes audio drop outs, most of the time when i turn on the devices and the TV starts the connection. To solve this issue i have to change channels.

I can confirm this issue, I'm having it too. Sometimes playing with the volume also helps, sometimes only changing the channel helps. Seems to be a problem related to the CI module authentification (I'm using a CI+ module from UPC).

DerShortyy
01-10-2012, 10:50 AM
@ DerShorty: my problem is reproducible like this: turn all Easylink features ON on both TV and HTS (for sound set the TV Sound on Easylink Autostart). On the HTS set the Audio mapping on TV - HDMI-ARC and save this setting. Now if the TV is set to 'watch tv' the following will happen: tv gets on, starts HTS, sound goes through HTS. So far so good, now if I change the source on the TV to HDMI1 (the HTS connection) --> BOOM!!! reset and all settings are lost.

A second way to reproduce the problem is:
Start the TV on HDMI1 connection (is says 'No video signal'). Start HTS and --> BOOM!!! reboot again and all settings, especially the Easylink ones are gone. If I go back to HTS the Easylink volume control is turned off and the HTS can't find any connected HDMI devices when scanning for devices to save on Audio-mapping again.

I have seen your youtube video about that issue, its 100% reproducable! User born_trippy in this thread: http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?3772-Your-experiences-with-FW-v0.14.93.0-for-5806-6000-and-7000-series-%282011-models%29/page6 seems to have a similar issue like you with his blu ray player

Maybe you can take your HTS to a retailer and ask him if you could check the HDMI connection on a different Philips TV set. That will clarify if your HTS is the "fiend" or if it is related to your TV. Maybe you can also test it with the same TV set like you have. I know youīre no Philips-Tester, but what else could you do...

bluevoice
01-10-2012, 11:12 AM
I have seen your youtube video about that issue, its 100% reproducable! User born_trippy in this thread: http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?3772-Your-experiences-with-FW-v0.14.93.0-for-5806-6000-and-7000-series-%282011-models%29/page6 seems to have a similar issue like you with his blu ray player

Maybe you can take your HTS to a retailer and ask him if you could check the HDMI connection on a different Philips TV set. That will clarify if your HTS is the "fiend" or if it is related to your TV. Maybe you can also test it with the same TV set like you have. I know youīre no Philips-Tester, but what else could you do...

This is a good idea, thanks! I'll contact the Philips repair centre involved and ask them if they have any of the 2011 models available and allow me to do some testing.

meme80
01-10-2012, 02:52 PM
Hi please have a look here (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?3772-Your-experiences-with-FW-v0.14.93.0-for-5806-6000-and-7000-series-(2011-models)&p=22750&viewfull=1#post22750) and vote for this poll:

What i really need in philips player is:
1. Usable rewind function. There is nothing worse than waiting for rewind, not being able to move to a specific position.
2. Reading external and internal subtitles of any kind.
3. Switching audio-channels.

I'm perfectly aligned with this request, and trust me this is really a MUST have a TV.
In addition please fix/add:

4. The on screen channel info is not usable. It is not possible to black all the screen to show the channel info. No other TV brand do something similar, the answer is simple it is ugly to see and not useful. I would suggest to implement something similar to this (http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/7482/esempioo.jpg). Also Shortcut key to the info. It's really, really, really stupid having to go to options, then scroll all the way down the info, to just then open it. Info MUST be something dynamic. An old 42PFL3604 has a dedicated button to it. Can't understand why on earth this one doesn't. Suggestion: Remap the colored buttons. One for quick audio selection, other for info, and other for EPG.

5. Possibility to play a movie, stop, shutdown the TV then when the user goes to mediaplayer and open the same movie the system ask: "Would you like to play from the point where you stopped?". This is a small feature witha great impact on usability. Fast-Foward aswell is a good idea.

6. The TV guide (EPG) is not working as it should. If I use the Internet TV guide it takes too much time to download the schedule, it is not an internet issue (I have a 20 Mbit/s). Also using the TV guide of the broadcast it takes too much time to download it and moreover it doesn't show the TV channel in a small window. My suggestion is to implement an automatical background download (e.g everyday) while you are waching the channel so that when the user press the button automatically shows the guide (it is already in the TV). Every other tv that i saw so far works like that. Again, this is a dynamic feature, having to wait a few minutes while the tv searches for the broadcasted EPG makes it completely pointless. With respect to the TV guide layout of the broadcast TV guide the score is: unusable please have a look to this (http://idhp.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/idhp-Samsung-BD-D6900-3D-Blu-ray-player-and-DVR-combo-3.jpg). It is not difficult to implement it and it is really better.

7. SW update using the softwareupdate function throught "Internet" doesn't work and have not being working from the beginning. Why?

To all the people in this thread, if you agree (or disagree) with my request then vote this poll (http://poll.fm/3gwkz) to show to Philips that it is not a single request but a joint request of all Philips TV buyers.

mduran
01-10-2012, 04:53 PM
Is it me, or has the software update 93 also changed something for the background dimming. I never noticed the dimming, now I see the lights going on and off, sometimes its like a disco. Sometimes you see it like a wave going from side to side. So I disabled local dimming to standard.

nnay07
01-10-2012, 09:57 PM
I was said by philips technical support that any standard wireless keyboard could be use with the 9706. However, none of my 2 BT dongles have been recognize by the TV: neither the keysonic dongle nor the conceptronic one.
Any chance or way to add those codecs in a next release?

DerShortyy
01-11-2012, 10:46 AM
This evening it happend again,after the TV was stable the whole time,it shut down automatic after 2hours. I can't reproduce because This ist the first time after i updated 2weeks ago.
Can anybody confirm ?

Yesterday it happend again. Started watching TV at 19.07 CET and the TV went to STANDBY at 21.07.
I didnīt switched the channel the whole time. Just raised and lowered the volume from time to time and had a look in the IP-EPG.

kookaburra
01-12-2012, 12:02 PM
Hello PHILIPS.

Is there any solution to the issue of glasses PTA516 buzz? The noise is very annoying.

thanks

Goole Translator

Desperate
01-12-2012, 08:54 PM
Hello Philips,

I have a 52PFL9606 (KW48, FW updated to 0.14.93.0) which I chose due to many reasons (picture quality of the shop's model, design, european enineering and manufaturing). I was thinking that at this price I would get a high end product and therefore I expected that its features work.

Unfortunately, this seems to be not the case. After using it two weeks my wife's statement is 'Why don't we bring it back to the dealer?' And if the problems contiune I have to do it. Maybe, all/most of them are only SW issues.

Here the most disappointing issues:

Here are the problems that we are facing:
1) The TV has visible DSE (Dirty-screen-effect)
2) In nearly dark and regular pictures there are equally spaced horizontal lines (approx number is 44) that are ~1pixel high (can also be easily seen on the EPG background and I do not refer to color banding) The lines do not move if I choose a different zoom.
3) It reboots sporadically
4) recording regularly fails
5) yesterday I was not able to bring the TV to standby. Screen went black but HDD stil powered and TV programm appeared imediately after pressing 'Power' on the remote (no 'PHILIPS' appeared). The problem persisted also after turning the Power button on the back of the TV off for some minutes. Turning the power button off over night resolved it
6) Menus are very slow sometimes, e.g. in the picture settings when pressing 'right' the menu marker takes some seconds to follow (sometimes in slow motion)
7) EPG does not work many times (even waiting two minutes after power on)
8) Once after power on there was only sound and Ambilight but no picture (had to power on/off many times to resolve it)
9) After recording TV in the night the HDD is still powered in the morning and TV seems to be not in standby
10) DLNA crashes very often and most of the time does not find the server
11) PauseTV does not work sometimes
12) PHILIPS logo does either not appear after wake-up from standby or it appears twice
13) When I connect my amplifier via SCART to the TV I do not get sound from the TV. The manual does not state clearly if the TV has analog sound outputs on the scart.

So, I took the time to write these issues down because I'm really getting angry when 'using' the TV.

Please, give feedback AT LEAST FOR ISSUES 1-4 and answer item 13.

Thanks,

Markus

Dim35
01-12-2012, 10:09 PM
Hi, is there also a solution for visible artefacts on the other models than 46PFL9706 (I have 37PFL9606). Perfect Natural Motion (PNM) is still active after restart of the TV even if it is disabled in the image settings menu. You have to enable and disable it every time the TV has been started to turn the feature off (until the next restart).

Also, my 37PFL9606 needs time to recognize my CI+ module for UPC (DVB-C). It constantly says "coded channel". After 10 seconds (average) I see picture and after 20 minutes the TV gives a black screen. Maybe it cannot get access to the CI+ module when trying to update subscription? Can this be solved? Thank you.

Identical problems here:
37PFL9606 showed visible artefacts (Dutch: ‘blokjesbeeld’) from date of purchase, Oct 2011, especially on 'rapid' movements.

Printed Circuit Board replaced, problems seemed to be resolved: good picture. After latest SW release 14.093, problems came back and are more persistent. Artifacts can be (partly) disabled via menu settings (although picture is not as good as after PCB replacement), but this menu reset (not only PNM) needs to be executed after every TV start.

Exact the same problem as Stefan1979 (also on the CI+ module), SGK and others obviously. Urgent request to fix these problems!

Best,
Dim

Polderboy
01-15-2012, 08:27 AM
I don't understand why Philips allows itself to bring such half baked products on the market. You may expect premium for such a price. I self have a 4+FLP8606. I had problems with not seeing the HTS 7202 and now it is repaired the TV does nog accept any CI module .. SO the repairman comes back tommorrow. The IP EPG is useless in the Netherlands also. A lot of common channels are not in it.

Warrex
01-15-2012, 10:43 AM
I upgraded my 46PFL9706/T12 today and I have the same problem others mentioned, where the picture goes 'blank' for a few seconds for no reason. This happened twice today (once early morning, once late night). The picture seemed to come back, then briefly go again before being coming back to normal.

Hi Philips Support,

this is a serious problem - especially for gamers playing competitively online... Did you reproduce this bug and startet working on it? Any ETA for a fix?

This problem already existed in the last firmware versions and has been reported by multiple persons in the past including me.

bluevoice
01-15-2012, 11:09 AM
Hi guys, I want to give you an update. Now my HTS was taken away for investigation, so now I only have the tv at home and I still see 2-3 software reboots every day (the software event counter keeps increasing). These resets are somewhat different from the HTS resets where I would see the Philips logo on screen. I now only see a black screen and the image gets beck on quickly, so they are barely noticeable. This is how the event log looks like (see attached picture).

I believe #4 and #5 are related to a service message saying "There is a channel update available, update will be installed when you put tv in standby". #2 was a test so this one can be disregarded, the rest are unknown for me.

Maybe Philips can do something with the info but they could just as easily flush it down the toilet as they seem to be doing now.

I'm very, very disappointed with the feedback we're getting in this forum about our problems, I want to help Philips make things better, but it looks like Philips is only interested in quick wins. I understand that when you get a new product on the market you can't get it 100% right away and there are still things to be polished but leaving consumers this long with an unacceptable software is totally unacceptable.

I was a huge Philips fan in the past, I still own 11 different products from Philips at this moment, but I'll think twice in the future when buying a new Philips product.

milware
01-16-2012, 07:57 PM
46PFL9706 - Just updated to version Q5551-0.14.93.0_bld11a. When device rebooted it only shows a slight darkblue banding on black background. Waited for some minutes, than sound of the last tv channel returned via AVreceiver, howeve screen showed still only slight blue banding moving around like aligning with the channel it was supposed to be still on. After another 5 minutes, I switched the device off with teh remote, than switched the device off with the hard on-off switch at the right side. Switched it on again after 20 secs. All came back ok.

Also got that - 'undefined' (double text) left top when turning device on. No prob when initializing, it disappears after 2 seconds. Also in same timeframe the CI card (UPC) init is 1 sec visible. No prob either.

Question: Software Update: fine, but where do we find the Release Notes, so we can read whats fixed and what's still 'open' on issues?

Toengel
01-17-2012, 07:48 AM
Hi,

again the release notes:

· Solution stuttering noise on HDMI.
Q555x_x.14.91.0 (Publication date : 2011-12-13)
· Solution Mettalic sound when switching between SD and HD sources.
· Solution about visible artefacts on the 46PFL9706.
· Solution for no sound from HTS when preset changed from DVB-C to analogecable.
· Solution for set hangs in semi-standby after switch off,coming from standby.
· Solution for set goes to standby after exact 2 hours.
· Solution about startup of the set the splash screen comes up,a reboot happens and the splash screen comes up again.
· Solution for set startup with sound and ambilight but no picture.
· Solution for sound drop when connected via HDMI.
· Solution for video continuously stutters in H264 services DVB-T.
· Solution for No HD+services anymore possible when provider driven SW update is done.(Germany,Austria and Switserland)

Toengel@Alex

bluevoice
01-17-2012, 01:27 PM
Meanwhile, while watching tv yesterday night, the screen went black in the middle of a tv show and then showed a service message saying "Encrypted channel". The software reset log is showing 3 reboots consequently, within 3 minutes.

I suspect this is somehow related to the CI+ module from UPC (Netherlands) I'm using.

Anyone seeing this too?

---
Philips Cinema Gold 21:9 (50PFL7956H/12)

meme80
01-18-2012, 08:30 AM
Philips,

I suggest to pay attention to this post (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?3772-Your-experiences-with-FW-v0.14.93.0-for-5806-6000-and-7000-series-(2011-models)&p=22750&viewfull=1#post22750).

Right now 45 people agree with the content of the post, it means that the requests is wide shared between customers.

To all the people in this thread, if you agree (or disagree) with my request then continue to vote this poll (http://polldaddy.com/poll/5827571/) to show to Philips your voice.

Any valuable Company take into account the feedback from the Client.

DerShortyy
01-18-2012, 05:33 PM
Hi guys, I want to give you an update. Now my HTS was taken away for investigation, so now I only have the tv at home and I still see 2-3 software reboots every day (the software event counter keeps increasing). These resets are somewhat different from the HTS resets where I would see the Philips logo on screen. I now only see a black screen and the image gets beck on quickly, so they are barely noticeable. This is how the event log looks like (see attached picture).

I believe #4 and #5 are related to a service message saying "There is a channel update available, update will be installed when you put tv in standby". #2 was a test so this one can be disregarded, the rest are unknown for me.

Maybe Philips can do something with the info but they could just as easily flush it down the toilet as they seem to be doing now.

I'm very, very disappointed with the feedback we're getting in this forum about our problems, I want to help Philips make things better, but it looks like Philips is only interested in quick wins. I understand that when you get a new product on the market you can't get it 100% right away and there are still things to be polished but leaving consumers this long with an unacceptable software is totally unacceptable.

I was a huge Philips fan in the past, I still own 11 different products from Philips at this moment, but I'll think twice in the future when buying a new Philips product.

Hi blue,
how do you enter the Event log ?

jonstep
01-18-2012, 07:10 PM
Hi.
I have a problem. When playing mkv-file aspect ratio is not preserved and the image is stretched to full screen, even in auto-scaling mode.
This problem at all mkv-files that were able to playback. Large mkv-files, the order of 4 GB will not play.
I very much wanted it to be fixed in future versions of the software. Can I hope so?
Thank you in advance for your answer.

bluevoice
01-18-2012, 07:30 PM
Hi blue,
how do you enter the Event log ?

The easy way, display the CSM (customer service menu) by pressing 123654. Scroll down to the 'Event counter'. There you will see the number of events logged. S stands for software and H stands for hardware (as you'd expect ;))

The tricky way to see the log, summon the Service Menu by pressing 062596 and I(nfo) and keep pressing Info. You'll see a screen saying that if you access this menu the warranty of your tv will be voided. So only do this at your own risk. I'm not responsible for your voiding the warranty. Also do not change anything here, stay far away from the option numbers. Do not touch or change these!

In this menu scroll down to the 'Software maintenance' option and there you'll see two options: 'Software events' and 'Hardware events'. Press display to show the info on the events.

@DerShorty: can you post a screenshot of your software events? I'm wondering if they show the same info as mine.

Kalle73
01-19-2012, 10:48 AM
I would like to confirm the PNM issue. After turning the TV on, PNM is active. My fix is to select a different settings then go back to the preferred setting and PNM is off. I actually don't have to turn PNM on and off.

Speaking of Software - please release the software to edit channels on a computer!!! :-)

01-19-2012, 12:38 PM
Philips, is it really such a problem to make a small update that fixes some of the worst mistakes?
- Perfect Natural Motion is always on, after the unit switches to standby
- Picture flashes intermittently
- Image pumped continuously pointless
- Picture shows at various low contrast gray images a pattern like ass antlers

It can not be that hard to fix this?

(Google Translator)

ccrergie
01-19-2012, 06:34 PM
Hello, i buy a PFL 7956 K/02 a week ago. I made an update of FW from 14.038 to 14.093. Since the update i have a little problem with the font in the multiview menue. i made a pic of this and i hope you can see it well. I think i have no other problems, because i have the TV not so long to check all other things.

bluevoice
01-20-2012, 07:11 AM
Hello, i buy a PFL 7956 K/02 a week ago. I made an update of FW from 14.038 to 14.093. Since the update i have a little problem with the font in the multiview menue. i made a pic of this and i hope you can see it well. I think i have no other problems, because i have the TV not so long to check all other things.

I see this too on my Philips Cinema Gold tv, seems that there's something wrong with the code.

Philips - Thomas
01-20-2012, 08:30 AM
Hi

@bluevoice, ccrergie

At this moment i can only say that i can see that too.
We are investigating, i will write to you as soon as i hear anything.

Regards
Thomas

pizzacats
01-20-2012, 08:54 AM
Hi Thomas,

Thanks for this first confirmation.
But what about PNM issue always activated after switch OFF and ON of the TV?
And what about the problem of bad pictures in case of travelling?

Thanks for answer

bluevoice
01-20-2012, 09:21 AM
@Philips - Thomas: can you also investigate this:

I just restarted my Apple TV connected on HDMI2 and the Philips Cinema Gold TV crashed. After the crash, the CSM displays some weird information. The signal is "bad", the tv does not recognize the CI module anymore and the Software event log is showing 000b entries and it should be 0009 entries, see attached picture. Also the error entry shows nonsense info, I can also provide a screenshot if naccesary.

Seems to me that the tv gets a signal and in can't deal with it, I thing it has something to do with the presets memory, because my picture format was set to "Not scaled" but the tv changed automatically to "Auto-fill" top most option just after the reset. This should also be connected to the PNM issue that is also not remembered by the tv. There must be a memory storage issue.

banjeep
01-20-2012, 04:50 PM
Philips, is it really such a problem to make a small update that fixes some of the worst mistakes?
- Perfect Natural Motion is always on, after the unit switches to standby

(Google Translator)

Yes, PNM is always on

mk81
01-20-2012, 07:28 PM

(Google Translator)

And it must be possible to fix an issue within 3 ! months ! which is that serious like this :

"Still a

"Control issue":

The RC control led on the TV is blinking, but the TV reacts only to Volume and On/Off-Buttons of the RC
- without on-screen information;
( TV Connections: HDMI Philips bdp7600, MCD909 as external amplifier and DVD-Player via HDMI and Head-Phone-Out/Aux in, Ci+ Unitymedia TV-card and module/ Same situation with an other RC: Prestigo)

After restarting the TV everything works fine again for minutes up to hours -

but this happens several times a day!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIgyz...ature=youtu.be
"

So I have still to restart the TV several times a day :
since october not fixed !

nnay07
01-21-2012, 08:26 AM
Yes, PNM is always on
Not only PNM always ON should be fixed, but the PNM itself should be corrected to avoid all those motion artefacts. There is today no way to get a fluid image on these highend TV.

Espen000
01-21-2012, 10:02 AM
Thomas (or other Philips representatives),

I have the 58pfl9956 21:9 screen and I am facing the issue with backlight error issue (very unstable control of local dimming): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9vkZIhpS8E

I know that Philips are working on a software fix on the issue but I hear that the issue is not prioritised at Philips. I would think that fixing issues on your high-end models would be an important thing to prioritise. I feel that I do not get the maximum out of a good screen and that the screen is a uncomplete product.

As there a new models coming out from other producers prices on existing models are beginning to go down in the market. I have begun to think I could have waited to buy my TV as it is not a finished product.

Can you say anything about how long it will take for Philips to fix this issue ? Are we talking about a week, month, two months? A year?

Please give your feedback !

Kind regards, Espen

sgk
01-21-2012, 10:45 AM
Not only PNM always ON should be fixed, but the PNM itself should be corrected to avoid all those motion artefacts. There is today no way to get a fluid image on these highend TV.
I agree 100%.
Philips - please fix this bugs as soon as possible- they are very frustrating.

Greetings

21_9_78
01-23-2012, 03:43 PM
backlight error on the philips 58pfl9956. like Espen000 and sgk said I am also facing the issue of backlight error. I hope philips is working on this, because its very serious when flagship modell is not working they way it was promised to do. my new tv has cost me allot of money I would expect something
this to work. I have owend tv from other companies where the picture has been perfect from day 1 and I never needed to get it upgraded or repaird. SO PLEASE PHILIPS DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS. no more dark jumping shades around the picture and flashes. and also please fix the issue of update via internet never works.

petasis
01-23-2012, 06:46 PM
For all those that have a problem with dimming, can somebody try setting it to "typical" and set contrast above 70, and re-capture what is happening on the TV with the same scene?

You can expect such agressive behaviour if the dimming option is set to "best picture".

21_9_78
01-23-2012, 06:51 PM
i have 4 choices off,standard,best power and best picture. when it comes to settings i use 50% when it comes to backlight contrast. I have tried allot of diffirent settings and none of them fix the issue.

Maddin
01-23-2012, 07:34 PM
Has anyone successfully complained the DSE issue?
It's the only complain that I have with my 9606.
Does Philips repair TVs with DSE?

21_9_78
01-23-2012, 07:35 PM
DSE issue?

Maddin
01-23-2012, 08:18 PM
DSE issue?

Dirty Screen Effect

zlatko
01-24-2012, 03:04 PM
@Maddin
I haven't heard that DSE was acknowledged by Philips. Started several threads here, still not any reaction, even there is not a question asked by a Philips official here.

Fischi
01-26-2012, 09:16 PM
Hi, I have a 52PFL9606K FW v 0.14.93.0 and I'm very frustrated about it.
It very often hangs, crashes and there are many issues.
I think, it is a software AND a hardware failure (processor).
There are EIGHT updates unti now and the end consumer has to do these updates and there is no happy end to see -
this cannot be !!!
Every time I thought, that Philips products are good , but now I see it isn't so.
Tomorrow an TV technician comes to repair my TV, but I think it will be a desaster.
I will bring back the TV to the store and I will buy another brand TV, my friend bought a SONY and he is happy with it.
I don't want to be a beta tester for Philips (approx. 3000€ price !!!!!)

Regards
Fischi

Maddin
01-27-2012, 07:38 AM
What dissappoint me is the fact that Philips is not communicating.
Philips, this is YOUR Forum! Why you donīt use it as a communication Platform (what a Forum should be) to talk about you plans to solve issues and gather information to make your products even better?

Because of your silence it seems that you are not interested in the complains which has been reported by your customers.

Graystonedonkey
01-27-2012, 08:17 AM
What dissappoint me is the fact that Philips is not communicating.
Philips, this is YOUR Forum! Why you donīt use it as a communication Platform (what a Forum should be) to talk about you plans to solve issues and gather information to make your products even better?

Because of your silence it seems that you are not interested in the complains which has been reported by your customers.

I think philips will not find out what's wrong with firmware or hardware failures, so they don't talk about it.

Customers, you have bought a Tv which istn't working without problems. And there are a lot of problems buildt in a high priced TV-set. Bring it back to the shop, buy another with less problems. Philips will learn about it.

Don't kidding :mad:

HD-MAN
01-27-2012, 12:35 PM
Would like to confirm the issue with 1.4.93 (all versions so far) needing to switch off Natural Motion on my "Gold", after each start. IMHO the 7956K is not loading the user defaults properly :(

Ps: usually after each start I use picture smart control to flip once forth and back...

Bluestraw
01-27-2012, 12:44 PM
The lack of response from Philips, or sign of a new firmware upgrade, are extremely disappointing. On my 46PFL9706 I suffer from:

1. TV restarting randomly (screen blank for several seconds, usually 1 or 2 times per day)
2. Settings not properly restored after power cycle. It seems to me that PNM is 'partially on' even when it shows to be off, and this actually makes the local dimming behaviour very erratic until you manually turn the PNM setting on and then off again.
3. Dirty Screen Effect. Quite noticeable on a complete white screen (tested via PC), and also while watching sports.

I called Philips today who claimed 'not to have heard of any of these issues'. I was very critical of this and suggested they read their own forum. Hope to hear back soon, else I will escalate this as much as I can.

banjeep
01-27-2012, 03:33 PM
for me this firmware is still in alpha stage, not even in beta, but alpha:mad:

01-27-2012, 03:50 PM
Very disappointing that Philips expects of its premium customers for so long this bad software!
I can not understand why not, at least little by little things are the worst off?
You must not do everything at once, but quickly fixed once one mistake after another, because that's asking too much?
But ye have received from your customers the complete waste of money, now give us a decent TV with no errors!

(Google Translator)

zlatko
01-27-2012, 05:40 PM
@Bluestraw
Very well said! I am very far away of the thought that there is flawless device, but it builds trust and loyalty among customers when issues reported are AT LEAST investigated, if not resolved. Nobody from Philips even asked a single question in trying to understand the issue. This for me is outrageous. It makes me think that a) Philips knows about the issue, but is not possible to resolve, so just tucks its head in sand, hoping this will pass by or b) Nobody in Philips care about customers.
We are premium customers, buying the most expensive home appliance Philips is to offer and many of us are participating in respective countries AV forums, shaping the opinion and brand awareness of many people, so treating an issue report like this can not be good for any company.

MiLin
01-27-2012, 09:14 PM
I think it is definitive option b). I chatted today with the Philips support and asked about the "black screen and visible progress bar" bug for 50PFL7956K 21:9 Gold and here the answer:

It is not a bug it is as is. And he think that nobody at philips will change this!

Yes as you can see there are no bugs in Philips software these are all features! Stupid!

LaForge
01-28-2012, 12:45 AM
TV: 32PFL9606k/02
FW: v0.14.93.0

Hello!
On my TV with Alphacrypt Classic CI Module V3.23 and Unitymedia Smartcard there are dropouts on encrypted channels, the device turns off several seconds and then displays a message box with no content.

BYE
Michael

Fischi
01-28-2012, 03:02 PM
Hi,
I brought my 52PFL9606 back to the dealer and changed to Sony KDL-55HX925.
I think, it was the only right way. No more Philips!

21_9_78
01-30-2012, 08:30 PM
looking forward to see what is fixed in the next firmware release for my 58pfl9956t. i wish i knew when the are trying to release the next version :) but i never se any answeres here bu philips. so i am not sure if the read this forum at all.

nnay07
01-30-2012, 11:10 PM
If you Philips guys are reading this, maybe it would be smart and clever if you would aknowledge the mentioned bugs/problems, add them to a known bug list and provide the description of the content of next releases release. ie: next release n will include correction of bugs xxx, yyy and zzz. release n+1 will include correction of bugs www, rrr, and sss,....
Just be transparent and people will suddently be patient and thanksful instead than feelling badly paid debuggers.

nnay07
01-30-2012, 11:13 PM
No one from Philips aknowledged my problem with USB blutooth dongles. Will it be possible to include new drivers in the next release?
An answer like "yes we will", or "if you want us to do so, provide more details,..." would be welcome.

pizzacats
01-31-2012, 08:39 PM
Hi,

did someone ever notice some DSE problem with 46PFL8606H?

I faced it with 46PFL9706H and I am wondering if 8606 set could be a solution to my problems?

Thanks to 8606's owner to give their feedback as it seems that we cannot have valuable information from philips.

jgl
02-01-2012, 09:46 AM
Hi,

did someone ever notice some DSE problem with 46PFL8606H?

I faced it with 46PFL9706H and I am wondering if 8606 set could be a solution to my problems?

Thanks to 8606's owner to give their feedback as it seems that we cannot have valuable information from philips.

Hello pizzacats, I've a 40PFL8606H/12/ES (5 months) and I have no image issues. In fact I have no issues with th TV set and the image is great, nothing about DSE or artifacts. Electronic engine and panel always works fine using any of the several sources, internal DVB decoder, HDMI, DLNA and Euroconector (yes, still need it).

For me the only drawback of the set is the IP-EPG, it would go away easily if we can record from DVB-EPG but ... that is another history / post.

pizzacats
02-01-2012, 10:22 AM
Hi jgl,

thanks for your quick answer.

My concern was more dealing with 46" dimension. While looking at different TV in a shop, I was quite convinced that 46" were more affected than other dimension (not only Philips)
But that's already good to know that your 40" is safe.
I wish I could see a 46" somewhere but that's hard to find...