PDA

View Full Version : PHILIPS PLEASE HELP: HTS8562/12 crashing Philips Cinema Gold TV (50PFL7956H/12)

bluevoice
12-22-2011, 06:13 AM
Hi all, this issue is driving me mad for so far. I made a video to explain the problems I'm facing. This is my setup:
- Philips Cinema Gold TV (50PFL7956H/12) - latest firmware 14.95
- Philips Home Theatre system HTS8562/12 - latest firmware 1.27

This is the way I'd like to use them:
- Turn HTS on when I'm turning on the TV by using Easylink
- Play the sound from the TV set through the HTS speakers by using the HDMI-ARC sound connection
- Turn the HTS off when I turn off the TV, again by Easylink.

These are the problems I'm facing:
- Even when all Easylink settings are set as they should the HTS doesn't start automatically when I start the TV.
- If I'm watching TV and I start the HTS then the tv crashes, reboots and all personal settings are lost (the picture format goes to the top most option "Auto-fill", the smart picture goes to "standard" instead of personal, PNM is on although TV says it's off - you can see ghosting on fast moving images, Easylink connection to the HTS is lost). The HTS disappears from the TV menu.
- If I try to scan the HDMI source from the HTS after the TV-crash the HTS says it cannot find any HDMI devices connected.

I made a video to illustrate this, here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJb_pp1xBDg

To solve all this I do a cold reset, unplug both TV and HTS form power and turn them on again. But as soon as I turn the HTS back on, the TV crashes again and it starts all over again.

This issue is driving me to despair, I was having a lot of resets after the 14.84 firmware update with the TV when connected to a video source and a Philips Support Remote employee swiped a part of the memory he believed to have been written by data that should not have been there. After that the resets ceased, now there's only a reset when I start my HTS.

I talked to Philips Customer Support and they said they are going to send a technician from an affiliate repair company to take a look at the set and the settings. This appointment took place yesterday, the technician checked all settings and said they are all fine and he told me he had never seen this problem before. He said they could try to change the SSB board of the TV, but he didn't know exactly what software bundles should be loaded on the board so they are investigating on that. Now I'm waiting for them to make a new appointment but I'm not sure if the problem is with the software of with the hardware. I'm not eager to let the affiliate service technician to open my TV and change parts they are to even sure they have the right software on...

I don't know what to do anymore, what action should I take, Philips please advise, the TV is fantastic but this is not as it should be. I purchased the TV back in August, right after release and I've been experiencing nothing but problems :(:(:(

Philips
12-22-2011, 12:17 PM
Hi Bluevoice,

Please read the PM I've just send you.

Regards,
JuAn

bluevoice
12-22-2011, 09:26 PM
Hi JuAn, thanks for your PM, I sent you a PM back.

bluevoice
01-10-2012, 07:50 AM
Hi JuAn,

I'd like to give you an update here:

A technician from E-care (Duiven, the Netherlands) changed the SSB board of the TV believing it to be defective. He checked the error logs and found software and hardware related error logs. Anyway changing the mainboard of the tv did not solve the issue, the problems are persisting.

After trying different things:
- unplugged the USB hard drive that I use for USB recordings
- changed HDMI cables (tried 4 different ones)
- I used a different AC outlet for the TV
- used other HDMI connection than HDMI - ARC

I now believe this issue is related to Easylink.

If I disable the Easylink Standby function on the HTS the tv doesn't crash on HTS startup anymore. Still If I disable only this function and keep other Easylink functions like Easylink Auto-on on, the TV keeps crashing when I change the source on the HTS to i.e. Radio (this is fully reproducible, I can post a video here if needed).

If I disable all Easylink functions on the HTS, than the reset problems are solved. But I actually want to use this functions! This is why I purchased this set, the HTS 8562 was / is the recommended HTS for the Philips Cinema Gold tv and I thought being both Philips products, these should be 100% compatible with each other. I think I was wrong.

I have now also contacted the seller (Philips Online Shop) again and they are going to send a technician back to solve the problem. This would be the 3rd time a technician comes along to check on this problem, the first time, the technician did not have a clue, told me he'd never seen this problem, the second technician replaced the SSB board and I have little confidence the 3rd one will solve this (Easylink) problem.

Anyway if this is the way Philips wants to play it than I must comply as I spent a lot of money in this set and I want it fully functional as advertised (TV + HTS).

Toengel
01-10-2012, 07:55 AM
Hi,

please also check with firmware 14.93... (for your TV).

Toengel@Alex (Toengel@Alex)

bluevoice
01-10-2012, 07:58 AM
I am now on fw 1.93. I installed it the day it came out on the 21/12/2011.

The problems are there from the beginning, I believe the TV was on version 14.79 when I purchased the HTS and I started noticing the resets, now on 14.93, resets still happening.

bluevoice
01-15-2012, 10:34 AM
@Philips - JuAn: did you get my PM's? I did not get any reply from you on my findings and I'm starting to ask myself if I should keep giving you feedback.

Anyway after investigating a lot of options myself, I am now certain the reboots with the HTS are related to the Easylink connection. When I turn Easylink off on the HTS the resets are gone. I unfortunately have no means to test if this is a software or a hardware problem.

Now my HTS was taken away by a technician from E-care (Duiven, the Netherlands) and is now under investigation.

Having used only my tv for the last couple of days I still see 2-3 resets/reboots every day as I already posted in the 1.93 FW topic. So, the software event counter keeps increasing.

Anyway these resets are somewhat different from the HTS resets where I would see the Philips logo on screen. I now only see a black screen and the image gets back on quickly, so they are barely noticeable. This is how the event log looks like (see attached picture).

I believe #4 and #5 are related to a service message saying: "There is a channel update available, update will be installed when you put tv in standby".
I can't turn off channel update on the tv as it is enabled by default (grayed out). I use a UPC CI+ module and it seems that channel update is mandatory for UPC certification?

#2 was a test so this one can be disregarded, the rest are unknown for me.

I'm very, very disappointed with the feedback I / we're getting in this forum about our problems, I want to help Philips make things better, but it looks like Philips is only interested in quick wins. If you (PHILIPS) care about this, please evaluate how much feedback is given on our problems in the last 3 month. Why start a support forum if you do nothing with it? Or do you expect that only the members would help each other? Do you even take us serious?

I understand that when you get a new product on the market you can't get it 100% right away and that there are still things to be polished afterwards but leaving consumers this long with an unacceptable software is totally unacceptable. I've seen 5 different software updates in the past 2 month for my tv and still not all problems are solved.

On top of that, recently the support telephone number for TV started charging €0,10 for contacting support on tv problems. This is also totally unacceptable, now Philips is charging consumers money so that they can solve Philips problems?

I was a huge Philips fan in the past, I still own 11 different products from Philips at this moment, but I'll think twice in the future when buying a new Philips product and I'm not sure I'd still recommend Philips products to my family and friends.

toymanx
01-17-2012, 11:34 AM
Same problem here with HTS8562 and 46pfl9706k2, both on newest firmware.
I also found out that it must have to do with the easy link connection.
Also HTS and my XBox are sometimes not shown in the TV-menu?!
I also tryed different hdmi cables (ver.1.4) but it didn`t change anything.
It often took me over 15 minutes to get the TV set working with sound etc.
When sound switched to the HTS the first try started the HTS the second connected sometimes or crashed the TV software.
There where moments where I was close to throw the remote into the screen and all together out of the window.
I don`t know why but it works at the moment without having changed any setting???
I also noticed that the IP-EPG doesn`t show the right TV shows when I go to the next page.
Maybe the next firware will make everything better. ;-)

bluevoice
01-17-2012, 12:21 PM
I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one with this problem, I was starting to get paranoid about this issue.

So now we now for sure the problem is within the HTS giving the 'wrong' signals to the tv, causing the tv to crash. My HTS is still at the repair centre, I'll give you an update on this issue as soon as I get more information about the findings of the technicians of the repair centre.

I do wonder how does Philips test those producs to see if they work together, how could such a bug slip through their vingers? I'm asking this question because Philips itself reccomends the HTS8562/12 for the 50PFL7956H/12 TV. They are supposed to seamlessly complement each other and work together perfectly.

Same problem here with HTS8562 and 46pfl9706k2, both on newest firmware.
I also found out that it must have to do with the easy link connection.
Also HTS and my XBox are sometimes not shown in the TV-menu?!
I also tryed different hdmi cables (ver.1.4) but it didn`t change anything.
It often took me over 15 minutes to get the TV set working with sound etc.
When sound switched to the HTS the first try started the HTS the second connected sometimes or crashed the TV software.
There where moments where I was close to throw the remote into the screen and all together out of the window.
I don`t know why but it works at the moment without having changed any setting???
I also noticed that the IP-EPG doesn`t show the right TV shows when I go to the next page.
Maybe the next firware will make everything better. ;-)

toymanx
01-17-2012, 01:26 PM
I guess it`s really just a software problem (at least I hope so) and that a upcoming update will fix
the connection troubles.
It looks like most 2011 Tvs have the same firmware? so are we really the only ones to use the HDMI-ARC feature? Come on PHILIPS i know you can do better!!!!
With my previous cheaper Philips devices I never had so much trouble like with this 2400€ TV!

[ QUOTE=bluevoice;23503]I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one with this problem, I was starting to get paranoid about this issue.

So now we now for sure the problem is within the HTS giving the 'wrong' signals to the tv, causing the tv to crash. My HTS is still at the repair centre, I'll give you an update on this issue as soon as I get more information about the findings of the technicians of the repair centre.

I do wonder how does Philips test those producs to see if they work togethe, how could such a bug slip through their vingers? I'm asking this question because Philips itself reccomends the HTS8562/12 for the 50PFL7956H/12 TV. They are supposed to seamlessly complement each other and work together perfectly.[/QUOTE]

bluevoice
01-17-2012, 05:08 PM

It also works here suddenly sometimes, but never longer than 1 day and then problems start again.

Yes they were migrating from tvtv to the new provider Gracenote but that did not work and now they put tvtv back but not all my channels are displayed anymore. There is a separate thread on this matter, see:

http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?4128-IP-EPG-by-gracenote-does-not-work

toymanx
01-24-2012, 06:24 PM
I know now what NOT to do so that the HTS doesn´t crash my TV.
If I leave my fingers from the TVs remote during the startup everything works as it should, but if I press the volume buttons when the tv is starting the hts via the easy link connection the screen goes black and the ambilight is shining in all different colors. when I try to restart the tv with the remote the easy link connection stays broken. Only unpluging both devices from power supply reenables this function. Hello PHILIPS can you impliment a fix for this behaviour in the next firmware?!

bluevoice
02-01-2012, 10:52 AM
I have an update. Yesterday I received my HTS back from the service repair centre. I was informed that they replaced the digiboard of the HTS. I tested it at home but the problems still persist :( I plugged a USB stick into the HTS and pressed play. The TV said BOOM and restarted showing the Philips logo. The settings of the TV changed to "Standard" instead of "Personal". I don't know what to do anymore to solve this problem...

toymanx
02-01-2012, 11:38 AM
As i mentioned before I guess our problems are all related to the firmware of one or both devices.
Sill hoping that Philips will release new versions soon.
But it would be nice if someone from Philips would place a comment here in this tread to show that they care about our problems with our highend (high priced) devices.

Philips - Remko
02-02-2012, 07:35 AM
Hi All,

We have noted your issue & are currently looking into it.
We will update you as soon as we have more concrete information.

Kind regards,

bluevoice
02-02-2012, 11:26 AM
@ Philips - Remko: it's great to hear you'll be investigating this issue. If I can provide anything, extra information, video's, screenshots, please let me know. The resets are 100% reproducible. I'll wait for your feedback.

bluevoice
02-03-2012, 08:17 AM
@Philips - Remko & Philips - JuAn: maybe this additional info helps:

Yesterday after installing the latest 14.95 firmware on my tv I did a factory reset and Last night I installed the latest 14.95 firmware for the TV and I wanted to start fresh so I set the tv to factory settings and installed the channels again. The 4th option in the installation menu of the TV is "add devices". When the TV started searching for the HTS it crashed, and the setup started all over again and I had to reinstall the channels again. I could not complete the "add devices" option again.

This is just my supposition but could it be that the TV tries to add the different HTS options to the TV and fails somehow? I'm saying this because after I completed the setup the TV was showing 4 different entries of "dual-view" see image. Also seen the fact that the restarts almost always happen when I start up the HTS, could it this be the real problem? HTS giving info to the TV and TV not understanding what entries should be added to the TV menu and thus crashing? See the screenshot below:

http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/2934/screenshotwwv.jpg

If I unplug the HTS the multiple "dual-view" options are gone. As soon as I connect the HTS to the TV the multiple "dual-view" options are back. Only a reset to factory defaults sometimes helps.

ram1111
02-10-2012, 11:06 AM
I experience the same problems with my HTS8562 in combination with the 46pfl9705. My tv is not restarting, but easylink does not work. Also the automatic calibration does not work. At this moment I have my second home cinema and both devices have the same problems. I believe its not the hardware, it’s the software that is not ok. I hope Philips will come with an solution. I bought the HTS for its specifications. Because of a communication problem between the tv and the HTS, I can not use this combination as it should be.

Toengel
02-10-2012, 11:09 AM
... but easylink does not work.

Hi,

try on both devices:

- deactivate Easylink
- deactivate ARC
- standby devices
- pull power cord for 2-3 minutes
- restart both devices
- activate both Easylink and ARC
- restart devices

Toengel@Alex

bluevoice
02-10-2012, 11:17 AM
I experience the same problems with my HTS8562 in combination with the 46pfl9705. My tv is not restarting, but easylink does not work. Also the automatic calibration does not work. At this moment I have my second home cinema and both devices have the same problems. I believe its not the hardware, it’s the software that is not ok. I hope Philips will come with an solution. I bought the HTS for its specifications. Because of a communication problem between the tv and the HTS, I can not use this combination as it should be.

@ram1111: After extenssive testing I believe the problem is with the following 2 Easylink functions on the HTS:
- One touch Play
- One touch Standby

So if you want to get Easyling to work partially (remote and sound) disable both functions on the HTS.

After that, enable make sure all other Easylink functions are on on both TV and HTS and do the following:

1) Turn TV off
2) Turn HTS off
3) Unplug the HDMI cable from TV (keep it connected to the HTS)
4) Turn TV on (wait to start up all functions)
5) Turn HTS on
6) Plug HDMI cable in TV - at this point the TV should be adding a new HTS menu option to the TV menu
7) Go to HTS settings and do the Sound mapping by scanning devices. The HTS than finds the TV and choose audio input TV-ARC.

It should be working now, it does at my place by doing this.

bluevoice
02-10-2012, 11:24 AM
Hi,

try on both devices:

- deactivate Easylink
- deactivate ARC
- standby devices
- pull power cord for 2-3 minutes
- restart both devices
- activate both Easylink and ARC
- restart devices

Toengel@Alex

@Toengel: Lately my tv won't add all the HTS menu functions to the TV menu. I only see one option HTS disc, but not the other functions i.e. HTS NetTV, HTS HDMI1, HTS HDMI2, HTS Radio etc. Is there a trick to restore those functions?

I tried to restore the TV to facory settings and to do the initial setup, step 3 "add devices", but it crashed my TV while searching for devices and the initial setup started again.

Sometimes it seems that the tv is trying to add the HTS menu functions, but fails somehow and the only thing I see is 4 instances of "Multi-View", see screenshot. The lower "Multi-view" options do nothing when selected, only the first one works.

See screenshot: http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/2934/screenshotwwv.jpg

Any suggestion would be appreciated...

DerShortyy
02-10-2012, 11:31 AM
Hi blu,
i´ve experienced with HTS9221 that it is better to start the HTS via remote before starting the TV. If i do so, all the other HTS functions are always visible in the TV menu.

Toengel
02-10-2012, 11:40 AM
Hi,

yes, this is a good tip... do my procedure but try to start the HTS as first device - normally, the TV should start automatically after that and all sub-item should be available again on your TV.

Toengel@Alex

bluevoice
02-10-2012, 11:53 AM
do my procedure but try to start the HTS as first device
It's supposed to work the other way around, when I start the TV with the remote, the HTS is supposed to autostart because of the Easilink audio function on the tv "Easylink autostart". That way I can keep the drawer of the furniture where I keep the HTS closed :) and use only the TV remote for both devices.

normally, the TV should start automatically after that
I had to disable the Easylink One Touch Play function on the HTS as this is also causing the resets described in this thread, so the HTS doesn't start the TV at this moment.

...and all sub-item should be available again on your TV.
Even if I do that all I see are multiple "Multi-view" menu options. A while ago, back on firmware 14.84 it used to work, but since 14.91 it stopped working properly. I wonder if it will ever be fixed, I'm having the problems with the HTS since October, so 4 month now.

DerShortyy
02-10-2012, 12:25 PM
It's supposed to work the other way around, when I start the TV with the remote, the HTS is supposed to autostart because of the Easilink audio function on the tv "Easylink autostart". That way I can keep the drawer of the furniture where I keep the HTS closed :) and use only the TV remote for both devices.

I know that it is supposed to work the otherway around, BUT the HTS is not fast to boot as the TV boots, so if the boot progress is already finished on HTS the TV will first faster switch to the HTS speakers and second the HTS functions are fully loaded in the TV menu. This is my experience. As you desribed a lot of times here in the forum i think there is a complete incompatiblity between your TV and your HTS. Do you had the possibility to test your HTS on other TV Models or test your TV with other HTS devices?

bluevoice
02-10-2012, 12:52 PM
As you desribed a lot of times here in the forum i think there is a complete incompatiblity between your TV and your HTS. Do you had the possibility to test your HTS on other TV Models or test your TV with other HTS devices?

I own a Philips Cinema 21:9 Gold tv 50PFL7956H/12 and I have no other TV to test it with. As noted here by other members, there are also other Philips TV's having problems with this HTS (i.e. 46PFL9705 and 46pfl9706K/2). Seems the Easylink functions on tv and HTS are not compatible with each other.

I got the chance to test a Philips SoundBar (the technician from the repair centre brought it with him to test it) and it worked without a problem but this SoundBar had a totally different interface (same as the BDP interface) and also had different firmware. At the end I think it was not the best comparition.

The most ironically thing is that the HTS8562/12 is the HTS recommended for my Philips Cinema Gold TV for an "optimal" experience. Philips advertises this specific HTS on the TV webpage and that's why I purchased it firstplace. I owned a BDP 8000 before and thought that buying a HTS from the 8000 series was the logical step to do.

DerShortyy
02-10-2012, 06:07 PM
The most ironically thing is that the HTS8562/12 is the HTS recommended for my Philips Cinema Gold TV for an "optimal" experience. Philips advertises this specific HTS on the TV webpage and that's why I purchased it firstplace. I owned a BDP 8000 before and thought that buying a HTS from the 8000 series was the logical step to do.

... too bad too sad. i hope they'll fix it for you as soon as possible !!!

bluevoice
02-10-2012, 06:20 PM
... too bad too sad. i hope they'll fix it for you as soon as possible !!!Yes, I really hope this. The quality of the sound and picture is superb, really very, very nice. It's too bad that the software and thus the whole "experience" is this bad, and that fixing the problems takes months.

ram1111
02-13-2012, 02:43 PM
I tried everything everybody says, but nothing seems to work. The HTS won't add the HTS menu functions to the TV menu. I don’t know what to do anymore. I Hope Philips comes with a software update.

Schrauber
02-22-2012, 06:49 PM
Hi there,

I have nearly the same problems with my 40PFL9606K/02 and a HTS8562/12.
Somethimes, when switching to a HTS function via home menu (for example HTS-Disc) the TV reboots. After reboot all home menu extries of the HTS are gone. I have to disconnect both from power and wait some minutes. After restart some time the entries are back again. Sometimes I have only one entry "Philips HTS". More cold reboots will then not bring back the other entries. I have to select the "Philips HTS" entry. The HTS switches on. And after a while all the other entries are back.
Then I can use the system as normal. But after some days (or hours) while selecting one of the HTS entries, the TV reboots again. And again all HTS-entries are gone.

I think the problem is completely with the HTS by itself. I have also the second one here. Same behaviour.

I have tried it on my older 37PFL9604 TV. This TV does not have the complete EasyLink functionality. It only switches to the HDMI-Input when HTS is switched on. But problems are also there. Sometimes the TV is not able to show a picture from the HTS. It the shows the message "Unknows video format". I then have to put a disc in then HTS an start playing. Mostly the picture then comes back. Sometimes not. The I have to switch the HTS off an on again.

I'm wondering if a HTS9520 would work OK. So I would try to change the system.

Philips - QK
02-24-2012, 01:18 AM
Dear users,

We are now investigating this issue. However, we cannot reproduce your issue following Bluevoice' steps.

Setup: HTS8562 SW V1.27 + 40PFL8605H TV

1) We would like to know how often this can be reproduced?
2) If you have sent your sets to service, do you have the service tracking number so that we can investigate the log? Please send the number to Philips- Remko and me via PM.

Thanks & Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

bluevoice
02-24-2012, 06:43 AM
Needless to say is that in order to fully reproduce this you should test the HTS with a 2011 TV that has all Easylink features and not with a 2010 TV (40PFL8605H) with different software / Easylink features. Can't you just test it with a Philips Cinema Gold TV (50PFL7956/12)?

In order to fully reproduce this you need to enable all Easylink functions on both TV and HTS and to do sound input mapping on the HTS and choose for the option HTS - HDMI ARC. Also the sequence order it to turn the TV on first and put the tv on the HDMI1 - ARC connection, or whatever connection the HTS is using (an not other option like "watch tv" or something else). Than start the HTS and it will produce a reset/reboot on the TV.

Now back to your questions:

1) We would like to know how often this can be reproduced? I can reproduce this 9/10 when I enable the Easylink - "One touch play" and "One touch standby" on the HTS. If I disable these functions, I still occasionally get reset loops. The TV will stay in a reset loop until I unpulg the HDMI cable out of it and do a cold reset.

I made a new video to show you a reset loop. Here is the scenario. I was listening to iPod music through the iPod dock of the HTS. The TV was off. Than I decided I'd like to watch a video from a Bluray disc, so I unplugged the iPod, opened the tray, put a disc on it and turned on the TV. I didn't yet closed the tray. Now watch what is happening:

http://youtu.be/DJDwlQdxYIE

As you can see the TV should display a constant image but the screen goes black and ambilight flases different colors indicating a reset (that is fully logged on the TV event counter) and after a couple of resets the TV completely reboots (you can see the Philips logo on screen). This behaviour is fully reproducible, I could also reproduce this behaviour to technicians from E-care (Duiven, the Netherlands) that come to my home to check the set.

Also, what about the erroneous HTS entries on the TV menu?
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/580/screenshotwwv.jpg/

You are more than welcome to send someone from the development team to my home in Amsterdam so that they can see what is going on. The technical service says it's not qualified to solve those (software) problems.

2) If you have sent your sets to service, do you have the service tracking number so that we can investigate the log? Please send the number to Philips- Remko and me via PM.

I'll send you all service tracking numbers via PM.

Philips - QK
02-24-2012, 06:50 AM
Dear Bluevoice,

I have just sent you a PM. Could you please check?

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

bluevoice
02-25-2012, 11:34 AM
@ Philips - QK and Philips - Remko:

I'd like to share one more thing with you and I ask you politely to pass this information to the development team. If the development team can't reproduce the reboot by using the previously described steps, than they should try the following.

I did a factory reset of my Philips Cinema Gold TV while the HTS. After the factory reset you get the initial setup screen. Option 4 is: "Add devices". This option will add an Easylink compatible device to the TV menu. If I choose this option than the TV starts scanning for devices and it seems that it finds the HTS but something goes wrong and the tv reboots. Here is where the problem starts because after the reboot the initial setup screen comes back on the tv and you'll have to start over again. So you never get to complete the 4 steps of the initial setup if the HTS is connected and turned off. Please take a look:

http://youtu.be/xzCqJ_cqpWg

Adding the HTS to devices after a factory reset used to work in the past, but now it doesn't anymore. If the development team can't reproduce this issue with a 2011 TV with software 14.95 than maybe my tv and HTS are both defective and they should be replaced by new ones.

bluevoice
03-15-2012, 02:00 PM
To all users that experience the same problems, there is a new reply from Philips about this issue in the original thread I started elsewhere, take a look here: #7 (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?3031-Lots-of-resets-with-Cinema-21-9-Gold-TV-(50PFL7956H-12)&p=29093&viewfull=1#post29093)

Schrauber
04-23-2012, 12:57 PM
I have written about similar problems as bluevoice an page 2 of this thead. Since then Philips supoort changed the mainboard of my 40PFL9606. The new board had a very very old firmware. But after updating to firmware 0.14.96.0 it seemed to work.
After some time of use, there where issues, but no showstoppers:
The menu entries of the HTS did not completely disappear from the TV menu. But there was only one entry for the HTS. This is not completely the way it should work, but it worked in this way. I could change the sound to the HTS and it switched on and volume control worked thu the TVs remote. I could switch back to sound thu TV speakers. But selecting the HTS entry I could switch to the HTS and the TV remote controled the HTS. So far it was OK. Or at least this was a condition I could live with.

Yesterday I found there was new firmware for the TV (0.14.97.0) and also for the HTS (1.27 MCU 5.05). I updated both.
Now the old problems are back. The HTS entries completely disappear from the TVs menu. So I can noch switch to the HTS by selecting a menu entry. I can not control the HTS to the TVs remote.
This is the case until I completely disconnect both devices from the power. Switching them off deos not change anything. I must completely disconnect them from power for several minutes. After this the HTS entries in the TVs menu come back. In difference tothe last state with 0.14.96.0 firmeware now there is one entry for every function of the HTS. For example "HTS-Disk", "HTS-RADIO", "HTS-Config" and so on. But after some use (switching sound to HTS, watching disk or so, I can not assoiciate it with a paticular action) the TV switches off an back on and all menu entries of the HTS are gone.
So now I have again the same stage as before.

bluevoice
04-23-2012, 01:08 PM
@ Schrauber: the SSB board of my tv was changed twice, but I still experience reboots of the TV every time I switch to a HTS menu entry like let's say HTS-radio. That what you describe as "the TV switches off an back on and all menu entries of the HTS are gone" is actually a reboot of the TV and gets logged as a software / hardware event.

After a reboot all HTS activities in the TV menu are indeed gone. This is a bug on the TV side, as I was able to test different HTS's that all resulted in a crash on the TV side.

Philips told me that as there've been only a few complains about this issue, solving the issue has a low priority :(

Schrauber
04-23-2012, 01:46 PM
Philips told me that as there've been only a few complains about this issue, solving the issue has a low priority :(
I can not understand that there should be only a few complains about this. Because this means, that the Philisp TVs are not realy usable with philips own HT-Systems.
Or what ist the work around for this issue? Switching of the HDMI CEC functionality at all?
I the actual condition I can not realy use the HTS.
1500 Euro for a TV and around 1000 Euro for a HTS that do not work together. Thank you very much Philips.

And this ist not the only problem of this TV set. Only the biggest.

bluevoice
04-23-2012, 01:57 PM
I can not understand that there should be only a few complains about this. Because this means, that the Philisp TVs are not realy usable with philips own HT-Systems.

2010 tv's seem not to be affected by this reboot issue. Only the 2011 models.

Or what ist the work around for this issue? Switching of the HDMI CEC functionality at all?

Yes, switching of Easylink on the TV solves the issue, no more reboots. But you can't use your HTS to output the sound of your TV broadcasts anymore.

I the actual condition I can not realy use the HTS.
1500 Euro for a TV and around 1000 Euro for a HTS that do not work together. Thank you very much Philips.

And this ist not the only problem of this TV set. Only the biggest.

I totally agree, I also spent about 3000 euro on my set and this is the most annoying issue. A real dealbreaker for me. I reported this problem back in October 2011, now 7 months later, no progress was made at all. I am deeply dissapointed in Philips.

Schrauber
04-23-2012, 06:23 PM
This is realy absolutely stupid!
I bought both, TV and HTS, from Philips to have more functionality in working both together. Like that the HTS can blend its entries into the TVs Menu. This was the main reason to buy both devices from Philips.
And now I sit here like a dork and have less functionality as I would have with to devices from different manufacturers. Annoying.

bluevoice
05-07-2012, 08:24 AM
This is realy absolutely stupid!
I bought both, TV and HTS, from Philips to have more functionality in working both together. Like that the HTS can blend its entries into the TVs Menu. This was the main reason to buy both devices from Philips.
And now I sit here like a dork and have less functionality as I would have with to devices from different manufacturers. Annoying.

I totally agree. This also applies to my case. Philips told me that I should buy the HTS8562/12 in order to be fully compatible with my tv.

@ Philips: this is another HELP call: Please fix this Easylink problem on the TV side! The TV also crashes / reboots / resets when I use another HTS (also tested with HTS9140). The SSB of my TV was changed 2 times. With this 3rd SSB board the problem still persists and is 100% reproducible. If I turn on the TV, go to the TV menu, press on HTS-Radio, the HTS starts and during the startup process of the HTS the TV reboots and all Easylink menu icons on the TV menu are lost. Also, during the reboot the screen goes black for about 40 seconds. The resets / reboots / crashes are logged in the Software / Hardware Events log of the TV. I can see the number of logged events increasing with every new reset / crash of the TV.

Philips, I will continue to post YouTube video's about this issue until you decide to take it seriously or until no one will buy a combination of Philips devices again.

Philips I am deeply dissapointed that you do not take your customers seriously and ignore the issues with your devices. This is totally unacceptable for flagship, high end devices!!!

bluevoice
05-07-2012, 10:14 PM
So Philips, this is my new video, as you can see reboots are 100% reproducible. Please read the video description on YouTube:

http://youtu.be/kB9v-F8A-fc

The TV reboots when the HTS starts after I select the HTS-radio Easylink activity in the TV menu.

This is not the only way to trigger rests. I can also trigger resets of the TV by:
- putting a USB drive in the HTS and pressing play when I want to see a video
- changing the source on the HTS (to i.e. HDMI1 or HDMI2) by pressing the blue "Source" button on the HTS remote
- changing from "watch tv" to "HDMI1" on the TV menu.

I don't know how you can expect this is normal behavior. I purchased both devices because they were supposed to be fully compatible with each other. For me the Easylink functionality is a deal breaker. I WANT TO USE THE EASYLINK FUNCTIONALITY, to be able to have the tv sound played through the HTS speakers!

All these reboots are just a pain in the ass, while trying to use a Philips high end TV with a Philips high end HTS.

I'd just like to start using the TV as advertised, so Philips start taking this issue serious and FIX IT!!!

Philips
05-08-2012, 11:18 AM
.... so Philips start taking this issue serious and FIX IT!!!

Dear Bluevoice,

First, thanks for all your extensive feedback. From our investigations sofar, we have some points where we need to test further, but because we are currently fully loaded with the release of our new 2012 range, the final investigations might be delayed. Apologies for that!
However, within a few weeks we hope to start the final investigation. We'll keep you informed. Until then, please use the workaround given before.

Regards,
JuAn

bluevoice
05-08-2012, 01:40 PM
Dear Bluevoice,

First, thanks for all your extensive feedback. From our investigations sofar, we have some points where we need to test further, but because we are currently fully loaded with the release of our new 2012 range, the final investigations might be delayed. Apologies for that!
However, within a few weeks we hope to start the final investigation. We'll keep you informed. Until then, please use the workaround given before.

Regards,
JuAn

JuAn, thanks for your polite answer, but as I told you before, I brought this issue into your attention 7 months ago. Philips had 7 month to investigate and solve this issue and at this point we're still at the same point where we started and no progress has been done at all.

Now you're telling me to wait a few weeks more until you start the investigation, I heard this before, what does it make it different from all the promisses made during last 7 months? Also what guarantee I have you're going to find a solution? How can I trust this product or future product releases from Philips anymore?

It's a shame, it's such a beautifull screen (hardware), but the user experience is terrible because the software is such a piece of crap.

Philips
05-08-2012, 02:34 PM
JuAn, thanks for your polite answer, but as I told you before, I brought this issue into your attention 7 months ago. Philips had 7 month to investigate and solve this issue and at this point we're still at the same point where we started and no progress has been done at all.

Now you're telling me to wait a few weeks more until you start the investigation, I heard this before, what does it make it different from all the promisses made during last 7 months? Also what guarantee I have you're going to find a solution? How can I trust this product or future product releases from Philips anymore?

It's a shame, it's such a beautifull screen (hardware), but the user experience is terrible because the software is such a piece of crap.

Dear Bluevoice,

Don't think that nothing has been done in the last months. There were extensive investigations by the HTS team and TV team (although for the outside world it often does not looks that way).
I did not say that "you must wait a few weeks more until we start the investigations". Please read carefully. I clearly indicated "From our investigations sofar...", and I also indicated the reason for the delay.
I'm really sorry to dissapoint you, but I want to be clear.

Regards,
JuAn

bluevoice
05-08-2012, 03:05 PM
Dear Bluevoice,

Don't think that nothing has been done in the last months. There were extensive investigations by the HTS team and TV team (although for the outside world it often does not looks that way).
I did not say that "you must wait a few weeks more until we start the investigations". Please read carefully. I clearly indicated "From our investigations sofar...", and I also indicated the reason for the delay.
I'm really sorry to dissapoint you, but I want to be clear.

Regards,
JuAn

Hi JuAn,

The Philips technical service providers here in the Netherlands, both Technorep and E-care told me that because of 'only' a few complaints on this issue, Philips does not consider this problem a high priority and they don't have the confidence that Philips is going to provide a solution on a short term, if ever.

As it seems to me, Philips is not interested in making their products work together and is not interested in what customers think or how they use products and certainly not providing real solutions. What Philips is really interested about, in my opinion, is how to make quick wins, get our money out of our pockets and leave us, customers with our "imaginary problems" out in the cold. Your saying that Philips is now focusing on the 2012 TV lineup release only enhances this asumption. How can Philips move on working to a new series if serious problems with the 2011 lineup have not been fully solved? Don't you read posts about PNM always ON bug, local dimming problems, vertical banding, etc.?

All I hear is, please wait some more... You expect me to come back after a few years, after the TV lineup has matured and the real bugs have been solved? I don't think so!

It's a shame that Philips now uses its customers as beta testers, and provides TV's that do not work as advertised. I bought a TV, not a Microsoft PC with Windows 3.1 that if full of bugs and needs patching. I spent lot of money on this TV and I worked hard for the money and I'm not going to buy a new TV next year because Philips miraculosly solved all problems using my time and my feedback!!! Maybe users should gather their complaints and start a lawsuit on this.

In the last 7 month, I was without tv for 2 weeks and also without HTS for other 2 weeks. So during 1 month out of 7 I was not able to use those products because of issues for which Philips is responsible. I also filed an official complaint but nobody seems to care. I received nothing to date.

The technical service providers visited me 8 times, but besides of swapping SSB boards and restoring some functionality and losing other functionality, they just raised their shoulders and said they've agnowledged the problem but have no clue how to solve it.

So how do you expect me to trust Philips and future products ever again?

bluevoice
05-08-2012, 03:19 PM
Last thing I wanted to say, maybe I should really give up on Philips and take my money back as the technical service provider suggested and move to another brand.

This is what I decided to do, I'm going to be reasonable again and give Philips 1 more month of my time to do its 'final' investigation, if nothing conclusive comes out of this by 8 June 2012, I'll take my money back, and will not look back for this brand ever again. I'll also advise anyone I know not to buy a Philips TV and become a Philips betatester ever.

bluevoice
05-08-2012, 08:30 PM
Back on the subject now, I believe I know what is causing the reboots of the tv. After much observation, I believe it is the sound output through HDMI CEC from the HTS that is causing this. This is why the TV never crashes at the very first moment the HTS starts but moments later when HTS starts outputting sound. Somehow the TV does not like the sound output it gets through HDMI CEC protocol and does a safety shut down of the main processor to protect it form external influences.

Does this make any sense to you?

Toengel
05-09-2012, 06:42 AM
Hi,

HDMI CEC = Easylink
HDMI ARC = Audio Returen Channel

I think you mean the ARC ;-)

Toengel@Alex

bluevoice
05-09-2012, 07:21 AM
Hi,

HDMI CEC = Easylink
HDMI ARC = Audio Returen Channel

I think you mean the ARC ;-)

Toengel@Alex

@Alex: I am familiar with those definitions.

I'm not sure what exactly happens, but it's definitely not the HDMI ARC because reboots also happen if I connect the HTS to a different HDMI port on the TV (i.e. HDMI2, HDMI3 or HDMI side). On the TV only HDMI1 is ARC.

I noticed that when Easylink (HDMI CEC) is enabled on the TV, there is a point where the TV receives an input signal through Easylink that the TV doesn't like and tries to protect its components by shutting down the system. A reboot is the result of this shutting down. It could be related to the Easylink handshake, that would explain the dissapearance of all HTS Easylink activities icons in the TV menu after reboot.

This point:

1) is not the first second that you turn on the HTS but somewhat later during the startup proces of the HTS
2) is sometimes the moment you switch to a HTS function from the TV (the HTS had been on for some time)
3) is sometimes the moment you change to another function (i.e. Radio) on the HTS
4) is the moment that you want to watch a video file on a USB stick attached to the HTS, and press play

I think it could be the combination of both ARC and Easylink because the moment of reboot almost always coincides with the moment the TV should switch to the external amplifier in the HTS.

So the sequence is:

Easylink is on and tells the TV to switch the audio to the HTS speakers (HDMI CEC). The HTS starts and at the moment the HDMI ARC should do its functions and to reroute the sound to the HTS something happens that triggers the reset. This is when watching a TV broadcast.

The weird thing is that this also happens when you turn on the TV, switch it to the HDMI1 (where the HTS is connected to) then start HTS (and hope TV doesn't reboot), then if I put a USB stick with a movie on it, the file browser of the HTS shows on screen, I can select the video but as soon as I press play the TV reboots.

DerShortyy
05-09-2012, 07:25 AM
Last thing I wanted to say, maybe I should really give up on Philips and take my money back as the technical service provider suggested and move to another brand.

This is what I decided to do, I'm going to be reasonable again and give Philips 1 more month of my time to do its 'final' investigation, if nothing conclusive comes out of this by 8 June 2012, I'll take my money back, and will not look back for this brand ever again. I'll also advise anyone I know not to buy a Philips TV and become a Philips betatester ever.

Hi Blue,

please do yourself a favour and bring your devices back to retailer. On the one hand i can understand you: you are absolutly right in expecting working devices. On the other hand i can understand philips too: There seems to be one out of 1000 devices which act like you described maybe because they were produced on Mondays. As they (philips) stated before, they can not reproduce the issue. I guess when you get two new devices there won´t be such problems.
Don´t get me wrong, i´m fully on your side but i would not have let this torture went over me... after second attempt of "repairing" i would have sent them back to retailer... Don´t let you be abused to be a BETA Tester, it is not your job, you don´t get paid for this so please do yourself a favour and let it go...!

These are just my 2Cents
Best Regards

Toengel
05-09-2012, 07:29 AM
Hi,

I was confused cause you wrote "sound output through HDMI CEC"...

Toengel@Alex

bluevoice
05-09-2012, 07:40 AM
Hi Blue,

please do yourself a favour and bring your devices back to retailer.

I purchased the devices directly from the Philips Online Shop. I talked to them like 10 times now but they are not that easy with exchanges. They told me a service provider must have visited me for at least 4 times before they decide to offer another solution.

On the one hand i can understand you: you are absolutly right in expecting working devices.

Yes despite this issue that's ruining everything, the TV is really beautifull, I love the picture and the 21:9 aspect and also the 3D is fenomenal. Too bad the user experience is such a pain.

On the other hand i can understand philips too: There seems to be one out of 1000 devices which act like you described maybe because they were produced on Mondays.

Not sure about this as there are more users complaining about this issue.

As they (philips) stated before, they can not reproduce the issue.

They tested the HTS with a 2010 TV, and concluded it works fine on a 2011 TV! They never took the time to look at the TV reboot log.

I guess when you get two new devices there won´t be such problems.

I've asked the Philips Online Shop to give me 2 new devices but they simply won't do it!

Don´t get me wrong, i´m fully on your side but i would not have let this torture went over me... after second attempt of "repairing" i would have sent them back to retailer... Don´t let you be abused to be a BETA Tester, it is not your job, you don´t get paid for this so please do yourself a favour and let it go...!

You are totally right and I will let it go and move on to another brand after 8th of June. Philips still has one final chance to properly solve this one way or another.

DerShortyy
05-09-2012, 07:58 AM
I purchased the devices directly from the Philips Online Shop. I talked to them like 10 times now but they are not that easy with exchanges. They told me a service provider must have visited me for at least 4 times before they decide to offer another solution.

I don´t know the law in the Netherlands, but if a 4 time repairing opportunity is by law, then let them come 4 times. 2 Times aou´ve already reached... and until the 4th time is reached, the new 2012 range has been rolled out completly, maybe you have better luck with it. There will be also a new "within 3 days" repair and swap it" service, so you won´t be without devices for about two weeks...

Schrauber
05-23-2012, 03:09 PM
I am with you bluevoice.

From me Philips gets some more time. Lets say a month from now. So 23 June 2012.
If the problem then is not fixed by firmware update, my TV and the HTS will be returned to the dealer. And I will move to another manufacturer.
The only feature I will realy miss is the Ambilight. Not other manufacurer has this. But if other functions are working fine, so I have no problem with this.

Espen000
06-01-2012, 11:04 AM
Today I sent an email to the Norwegian Consumer Counsil asking about my rights in this case.

I have logged the case at Philips in january and now 6 months later I have asked Philips for an update. They have promised me an asnwer and escalation but then they have gone quiet. I think I have approached the support center 4-5 times during this period in addition to this forum. My patience is about to end soon.

bluevoice
06-01-2012, 11:08 AM
Today I sent an email to the Norwegian Consumer Counsil asking about my rights in this case.

I have logged the case at Philips in january and now 6 months later I have asked Philips for an update. They have promised me an asnwer and escalation but then they have gone quiet. I think I have approached the support center 4-5 times during this period in addition to this forum. My patience is about to end soon.

@Espen000: do you have the same problems I described in this thread too? What TV model do you own?

Espen000
06-02-2012, 12:26 PM
@Espen000: do you have the same problems I described in this thread too? What TV model do you own?

Sorry,

I was supposed to post that in the firmware update thread..

bluevoice
06-05-2012, 08:07 AM
@ Philips - Remko, Philips - JuAn, Philips - Thomas, Philips - QK:

I got my Philips Cinema Gold replaced by a brand new Philips Cinema Platinum (58PFL9956H/12). I tested the configuration (HTS + new TV) with this new TV. The problem is still there. My brand new Philips TV still reboots when used in combination with a Philips HTS.

I can still 100% reproduce the reboot by going to the TV menu and pressing on the HTS-Radio icon. 9 out of 10 times screen and ambilight go on black, white Philips logo is shown on the TV, TV needs 40 seconds to reboot.

After reboot all HTS Easylink entries are gone from the TV menu, TV link to HTS is broken, Easylink does not work. Only a cold restart of the TV (by button) and disabling Easylink and re-enabling Easylink helps to get all HTS icons back in the TV menu.

The resets still occur like I said before:

The moment the reboot occurs:

1) is not the first second that you turn on the HTS but somewhat later during the startup proces of the HTS
2) is sometimes the moment you switch to a HTS function from the TV (the HTS had been on for some time)
3) is sometimes the moment you change to another function (i.e. Radio) on the HTS
4) is the moment that you want to watch a video file on a USB stick attached to the HTS, and press play

According to what I've been experiencing lately, it seems that the reboots occur more if the Easylink setting for TV speakers is set to Easylink Autostart instead of just Easylink.

Seems that Philips combines HDMI - CEC and HDMI - ARC protocol in this Easylink function. That is the only explanation why the sound setting can be found in the Easylink menu.

It still looks like a sound issue to me, when the TV gets a sound input from HTS, TV does not like that and shuts down.

@ Philips moderators: could you tell me if the investigation started allready and if there is any progress on this issue?

Schrauber
07-18-2012, 09:56 AM
I still have my 40PFL9606. I was still waiting for a new firmware release. Since yesterday it is still there. I must confirm, it brings good improvements to the TV. But in the issue discussed here, nothing is done.

The behaviour of my TV changed since 14.97 firmware. I do no longer get the entries from the HTS in the TVs menu. There is still only one entry for the HTS. This would be OK for me. But sometimes the TV goes to a reboot loop when switching to the HTS. Then it shows the picture of the HTS for some seconds and then it reboots. After reboot the same happens again and again. To end the loop, I have to switch both devices off and back on.

Mostly, after such a reboot loop, the HTS entry in the TVs menu is gone and there is an additional Scenea entry with no function. I can get back to the normals menu entrys by disconnecting both devices completely from power and wait some minutes.

Did anyone other notice such changes in the behaviour?

bluevoice
08-06-2012, 08:18 AM
Hi Schrauber,

I can confirm that the issue is still not fixed with the 14.99 upgrade. I had contact with Philips on this issue and they were able to reproduce the issue, however reproducing it is tough because the reboots are very unpredictable. I still hope for a fix for this. It really is a shame that Philips's high end products are incompatible with each other.

I will ask my contact what the status is on this problem.

I still have my 40PFL9606. I was still waiting for a new firmware release. Since yesterday it is still there. I must confirm, it brings good improvements to the TV. But in the issue discussed here, nothing is done.

The behaviour of my TV changed since 14.97 firmware. I do no longer get the entries from the HTS in the TVs menu. There is still only one entry for the HTS. This would be OK for me. But sometimes the TV goes to a reboot loop when switching to the HTS. Then it shows the picture of the HTS for some seconds and then it reboots. After reboot the same happens again and again. To end the loop, I have to switch both devices off and back on.

Mostly, after such a reboot loop, the HTS entry in the TVs menu is gone and there is an additional Scenea entry with no function. I can get back to the normals menu entrys by disconnecting both devices completely from power and wait some minutes.

Did anyone other notice such changes in the behaviour?

Schrauber
08-07-2012, 08:54 AM
Hi,

these days I had the chance to try out a device of another manufacturer on my 40PFL9606. In this case CEC functions worked without reboots of the TV. So it seems to me that Philips special functions make the problem.

However, Philips now took back my HTS8562. I am going to buy a device from Yamaha.

bluevoice
08-13-2012, 08:51 AM
@Philips:

I monitored the reboots more closely with the new 14.99 firmware. The reboots are better reproducible and now concentrate on the switch from the function "Watch TV" to "HDMI1" and back.

Switching from "Watch TV" to "HDMI1" and back now results in a reboot of the TV 9/10 times. More and more I tend to think it is a sound related issue. I tend to think this because the only thing that changes in my opinion, when you switch from one source to the other is the audio stream type.

Schrauber
08-13-2012, 09:01 AM
@bluevoice:
Can you try out what happens if the HTS is already switched on when you select the HTS entry in the TVs menu?

The last days I had my HTS I found, that then the reboots do not happen.
You must disable the automatic switching in the EasyLink options, so that the TV does not automatic switch to the HTS if it is turned on. Then power on the HTS and wait until it has booted. After that select the HTS entry in the TVs menu to switch to the HTS. My TV did not reboot with this workarround.
This is clearly not the solution, but maybe a workarround until the bug is fixed.

bluevoice
08-13-2012, 09:13 AM
@bluevoice:
Can you try out what happens if the HTS is already switched on when you select the HTS entry in the TVs menu?

The last days I had my HTS I found, that then the reboots do not happen.
You must disable the automatic switching in the EasyLink options, so that the TV does not automatic switch to the HTS if it is turned on. Then power on the HTS and wait until it has booted. After that select the HTS entry in the TVs menu to switch to the HTS. My TV did not reboot with this workarround.
This is clearly not the solution, but maybe a workarround until the bug is fixed.

@Schrauber: thanks for your reply. Having the HTS ON when switching to the HDMI1 in my case does not matter, still the same results.

To better understand my use case, I have the TV-speakers set to "Easylink autostart". When I start the TV, the TV starts the HTS automatically (and switches the sound to the HTS without me having to do anything, which is great).

I can watch television but when I decide I want to see a Blueray or use another HTS option and I switch to HDMI1, this action triggers a reboot on the TV and besides waiting for thetv to boot (+/- 40 seconds) in most cases the annoying side effect of losing all Easylink activity options in the TV menu or worse, the total recognition with the HTS. This is why this bug is bugging me for 10+ months now.

So as you can see, the HTS is already ON when the switch occurs. Likewise, if I start by watching a Bluray but later decide to switch to a tv broadcasting and switch on the TV to the option "Watch TV", the reboot also occurs.

The only solution to get rid of the reboots until the problem is solved is to switch Easylink completely off on both devices and to keep it that way. However this is not an option for me!

bluevoice
09-21-2012, 07:47 AM
It's almost October 2012 and it's almost a year since I have reported this major issue. Agnowledgement of the issue came this summer, 9 month later but still, little progress has been done to really solve this issue. This all despite promisses to investigate this issue further after the release of the 2012 series.

So I challenge Philips once again to show that you do care about your products and that you do care about your (loyal) customers, to put some effort and finally solve this issue!

Philips - Benedickte
10-03-2012, 08:13 AM
Hi All.

Thank you for explaining what you are experiencing with the reboots. For the ones that haven't already provided me with model number, serial number and software version of the TV and HTS, could you pelase do this as quick as possible?

Thank you so much.

Best regards,
Benedickte

bluevoice
11-16-2012, 10:18 AM
Hi guys,

I have good news. Philips has finally found the cause and a solution for this annoying problem. The problem was as we already supposed related to the HDMI-CEC (Easylink) function. The solution will be issued along with a new standby software for all 2k11 TV's and the 2k12 TV's <6000 series (as they are based on the same TV550 platform).

It took me more than a year to get this problem into the attention of Philips and get it finally solved and I'm very happy that my efforts have not been in vain.

I want to especially thank Philips - QK and Luc from the Bruges TV team for making this solution possible!

Toengel
11-16-2012, 10:57 AM
Hi,

it' standby version 92.0 ;-)

Toengel@Alex

bluevoice
11-16-2012, 11:33 AM
Hi,

it' standby version 92.0 ;-)

Toengel@Alex

No, it should be standby version 98.67

Hwgverbeek
11-28-2012, 10:03 AM
Hi guys,

I have good news. Philips has finally found the cause and a solution for this annoying problem. The problem was as we already supposed related to the HDMI-CEC (Easylink) function. The solution will be issued along with a new standby software for all 2k11 TV's and the 2k12 TV's <6000 series (as they are based on the same TV550 platform).

It took me more than a year to get this problem into the attention of Philips and get it finally solved and I'm very happy that my efforts have not been in vain.

I want to especially thank Philips - QK and Luc from the Bruges TV team for making this solution possible!

Well, in what software or firmware version is this included ? I have the same problems with hts 8562 and 32pfl7406 before this i had a hts 5563 and 32pfl7406. Still get crazy of it cause the recognision (icons and sound) can work at moment and the next time you switch the tv on it doesnt work well anymore.

bluevoice
11-28-2012, 10:22 AM
Well, in what software or firmware version is this included ? I have the same problems with hts 8562 and 32pfl7406 before this i had a hts 5563 and 32pfl7406. Still get crazy of it cause the recognision (icons and sound) can work at moment and the next time you switch the tv on it doesnt work well anymore.

The solution for the TV rebooting problems comes with the 14.104 software update. The changelog reads: TV turns off and on by itself when EasyLink is enabled

More info here:

- Your experiences with FW v0.14.104 for 8000, 9000 and 21:9 series (2011 models) (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?9205-Your-experiences-with-FW-v0-14-104-for-8000-9000-and-21-9-series-(2011-models))

- Your experiences with FW v0.14.104 for 5806, 6000 and 7000 series (2011 models) (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?9167-Your-experiences-with-FW-v0-14-104-for-5806-6000-and-7000-series-(2011-models))

Hwgverbeek
11-28-2012, 10:59 AM
Hi Bluevoice,

The problem does still excist in this combination i do have fw 0.14.104 and i still got sometimes the tv resets, the icons get missing, the sound distorting all completely at random :(

Toengel
11-28-2012, 11:01 AM
Hi,

I think you need a new Standby-Software, which isn't included in the 14.104 release...

Toengel@Alex

bluevoice
11-28-2012, 11:03 AM
Hi Bluevoice,

The problem does still excist in this combination i do have fw 0.14.104 and i still got sometimes the tv resets, the icons get missing, the sound distorting all completely at random :(

Philips told me they would provide an updated Standby Software. I'm not sure if this file would be provided as a part of the autorun.upg file or as a standalone file. If it's not integrated in the Autorun.upg file than maybe someone at Philips could tell us how it will be provided.

Hwgverbeek
11-28-2012, 11:07 AM
Thank you bluevoice,
Can you please inform how and when this will be released?

TeMpL
11-29-2012, 08:28 PM
mine is stil 90.67.0.0 - How to upgrade...

bluevoice
11-29-2012, 09:00 PM
mine is stil 90.67.0.0 - How to upgrade...

Philips has not provided the Standby Software that solves this problem yet. Standby...:p

Schrauber
11-30-2012, 09:49 AM
Not?
I thought it is in FW 14.104

Toengel
11-30-2012, 09:53 AM
Hi,

no - the standard firmware 14.104 does NOT contain an update of the standby firmware...

Toengel@Alex

Schrauber
11-30-2012, 11:39 AM
What does this point in the changelog then mean:
•TV turns off and on by itself when EasyLink is enabled (more info here: http://www.supportforum.philips.com/...t&goto=newpost)

From this thread:
http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?9205-Your-experiences-with-FW-v0-14-104-for-8000-9000-and-21-9-series-(2011-models)

bluevoice
11-30-2012, 11:48 AM
What does this point in the changelog then mean:
•TV turns off and on by itself when EasyLink is enabled (more info here: http://www.supportforum.philips.com/...t&goto=newpost)

From this thread:
http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?9205-Your-experiences-with-FW-v0-14-104-for-8000-9000-and-21-9-series-(2011-models)

This entry in the changelog refers to the updated Standby software, and is meaningless without the standalone Standby software file.

Schrauber
11-30-2012, 11:54 AM
Should it then be in the 14.104 Changelog, when this firmware does not provide the update for the standby software? I dont think so.

bluevoice
11-30-2012, 12:18 PM
Should it then be in the 14.104 Changelog, when this firmware does not provide the update for the standby software? I dont think so.

Philips was planning to release the new Standby Software that takes care of this issue together with the 14.104 software. That's why it's mentioned in the changelog.

It seems that Philips decided at the last moment that distributing the Standby Software along with the 14.104 autorun.upg file is too risky. If installation goes wrong because of a power surge or a shutdown of the TV, the TV will be bricked and a technician will be required to install the software again through a different method.

bluevoice
12-06-2012, 07:44 AM
Hi all, I have some sad news about the solution for this problem. Philips decided not to distribute the updated Standby software file via the website like the regular software updates but only on request. So if you want to get the new Standby Software file you'll have to contact the local helpdesk.

I am against this way of distributing the software because the telephone number of the helpdesk is a paid number (it is at least in the Netherlands) and I don't agree that customers should pay for software flaws on Philips's side.

bluevoice
12-10-2012, 08:12 AM
Hi all,

As I believe that the updated Standby Software addresses a critical bug in the interoperability of Philips 2k11 TV's with other devices that use the HDMI-CEC protocol (TV turns off and on by itself when EasyLink is enabled) I made a small manual to help you update the standalone Standby Software on your TV painfully.

1. Take an USB stick and empty it. Make sure the USB stick is formatted as FAT32
2. On the root of the USB stick create a folder called "upgrades" (without the quotes "). Put the Standby software file inside the "upgrades" folder.

Be aware that there are 2 Standby Software files available for the 2011 TV's:

StandbyFactory_Q5551_92.0.0.0
StandbyFactory_Q5553_92.0.0.0

Press 123654 on the remote control. You'll enter the Consumer Service Module (CSM). With the arrow keys on your remote, scroll down to page 2, under "2.1 Current main Software" you'll see if your TV makes use of either the Q5551 or Q5553 software, so make sure you use the right software file!

3. Stick the USB stick on your TV
4. Press "Home" on your remote control and go to "Settings"
http://imageshack.us/a/img829/9256/img2729wj.th.jpg (http://imageshack.us/a/img829/9256/img2729wj.jpg)
5. Now go to "Software Settings"
http://imageshack.us/a/img195/6738/img2730mu.th.jpg (http://imageshack.us/a/img195/6738/img2730mu.jpg)
6. Choose "Local upgrades"
http://imageshack.us/a/img259/5512/img2731e.th.jpg (http://imageshack.us/a/img259/5512/img2731e.jpg)
7. You will see the Standby software file, select is and press "OK" on the remote control.
http://imageshack.us/a/img692/7399/img2734wn.th.jpg (http://imageshack.us/a/img692/7399/img2734wn.jpg)
8. After confirming that you want to upgrade your software, the upgrade process will start.
9. When the TV is finished with installing the update, the TV restarts automatically. NOW WAIT until the reboot is finished. Then shutdown, wait 2 minutes, pull power cord, wait 2 minutes, restart.. Now you're done.

To check that you have the right version of the Standby Software press "123654" on your remote to enter the CSM. Scroll to page 2 and at 2.2 you'll see current Standby Software version of your TV.

Toengel
12-10-2012, 11:07 AM
The StandbyFactory_Q5551_92.0.0.0 is for the 2011 5806, 6000 and 7000 series

The StandbyFactory_Q553_92.0.0.0 is for the 2011 8000, 9000 and 21:9 (both Philips Cinema Platinum 58PFL9956 and Philips Cinema Gold 50PFL7956) series

Hi,

this is not correct. Please see CSM if you have installed Q5551 or Q5553.

Toengel@Alex

Toengel
12-10-2012, 11:09 AM
It is recommended that you unplug the power plug for 2 minutes before restarting the TV.

Hi,

this is not recommended - IT'S A MUST! If not, the update will not be installed correctly.

Toengel@Alex

bluevoice
12-10-2012, 11:17 AM
@Toengel: I edited my original post with your remarks.

Toengel
12-10-2012, 11:30 AM
Hi,

thank... For 9: When the TV is finished with installing the update, the TV restarts automatically. NOW WAIT until the reboot is finished. Then shutdown, wait 2 minutes, pull power cord, wait 2 minutes, restart.

Toengel@Alex

bluevoice
12-10-2012, 11:33 AM
Hi,

thank... For 9: When the TV is finished with installing the update, the TV restarts automatically. NOW WAIT until the reboot is finished. Then shutdown, wait 2 minutes, pull power cord, wait 2 minutes, restart.

Toengel@Alex

Changed step 9 accordingly.

toymanx
12-10-2012, 11:38 AM
Hi everybody, I posted my Problems with my 46pfl9706k2 earlier in this tread. Now after almost a year of updating my TV without making anything better, I hope again that the new standby Software will do it`s Job to make my 46pfl9706 and hts8562 combination work as it should when using the easy link Option.
Could somebody please upload the 2 files to a different hoster as I am not able to download them from 4shared without registering an account.

Thank`s in advance

Hwgverbeek
12-11-2012, 10:00 AM
--- URLs deleted ---

This should work out of the box, both files as discriped by bluevoice

toymanx
12-11-2012, 10:15 AM
--- URLs deleted ---

This should work out of the box, both files as discriped by bluevoice

Thank you, will update my TV as soon as I am at home :-)
Hopefully this is the last update to get it working properly.

Hwgverbeek
12-11-2012, 10:18 AM
I have the update now for serveral days and it works miracles for me. No more reset and problems with hdmi devices!

Toengel
12-11-2012, 10:20 AM
Hi,

great to hear!

Toengel@Alex

bluevoice
12-11-2012, 10:27 AM
I have the update now for serveral days and it works miracles for me. No more reset and problems with hdmi devices!

Same for me, I'm running the new Standby software for a month now and not a single (total) reboot anymore.

Philips
12-11-2012, 03:11 PM
Hi all, I have some sad news about the solution for this problem. Philips decided not to distribute the updated Standby software file via the website like the regular software updates but only on request. So if you want to get the new Standby Software file you'll have to contact the local helpdesk.

I am against this way of distributing the software because the telephone number of the helpdesk is a paid number (it is at least in the Netherlands) and I don't agree that customers should pay for software flaws on Philips's side.

Dear Bluevoice, Hwgverbeek and all others,

First of all: This Stdby SW update is ONLY necessary when you have symptoms like:
- TV reboots when EasyLink is enabled, or
- TV reboots when switching between HTS (connected on HDMI) and other inputs, or
- Loss of HTS icons in the user menu.
If you don't face these issues, do NOT upgrade this Stdby SW!.

The reason we have removed your links to the Stdby SW upgrade files is the following: the Stdby SW upgrading involves some risk: if there is ANY interruption during the upgrade, your TV will be dead and needs a Service intervention!! You will also loose warranty in case you performed the upgrade without involving the helpdesk. Only when done like described here, your upgrade is under warranty.

To prevent all these problems, we have set it up like this:
Customers that have these issues should call their local helpdesk. They will decide how the upgrade will be made available to you. There are some options:
1. Via an URL where the file can be downloaded, after which it can be upgraded using an USB stick (as perfectly explained by Bluevoice here (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?3762-PHILIPS-PLEASE-HELP-HTS8562-12-crashing-Philips-Cinema-Gold-TV-(50PFL7956H-12)&p=47073&viewfull=1#post47073)), or
2. Via an IP-push (only possible when youre TV is IP-connected, and - for now - only available in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Netherlands, Belgium and Luxemburg).
The helpdesk will advise in this.

Kind regards,
JuAn

Toengel
12-11-2012, 04:04 PM
Hi,

thanks for the good explanation. I updated my blog accordingly! Thanks!

Toengel@Alex

Hwgverbeek
12-11-2012, 05:03 PM
Well i still got icons lost btw of the hts. One time i got one othertime all hts icons. Is Philips going to solve this?

Toengel
12-11-2012, 05:05 PM
Hi,

you can solve that by first starting the HTS - then wait, the TV will start automatically and all Icons will be present.

Toengel@Alex

bluevoice
12-11-2012, 05:32 PM
Dear Bluevoice, Hwgverbeek and all others,

First of all: This Stdby SW update is ONLY necessary when you have symptoms like:
- TV reboots when EasyLink is enabled, or
- TV reboots when switching between HTS (connected on HDMI) and other inputs, or
- Loss of HTS icons in the user menu.
If you don't face these issues, do NOT upgrade this Stdby SW!.

The reason we have removed your links to the Stdby SW upgrade files is the following: the Stdby SW upgrading involves some risk: if there is ANY interruption during the upgrade, your TV will be dead and needs a Service intervention!! You will also loose warranty in case you performed the upgrade without involving the helpdesk. Only when done like described here, your upgrade is under warranty.

To prevent all these problems, we have set it up like this:
Customers that have these issues should call their local helpdesk. They will decide how the upgrade will be made available to you. There are some options:
1. Via an URL where the file can be downloaded, after which it can be upgraded using an USB stick (as perfectly explained by Bluevoice here (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?3762-PHILIPS-PLEASE-HELP-HTS8562-12-crashing-Philips-Cinema-Gold-TV-(50PFL7956H-12)&p=47073&viewfull=1#post47073)), or
2. Via an IP-push (only possible when youre TV is IP-connected, and - for now - only available in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Netherlands, Belgium and Luxemburg).
The helpdesk will advise in this.

Kind regards,
JuAn

Hi JuAn,

I have 3 remarks about your post:

1) I wish you were more responsive about this issue here in the forum, than it wouldn't have taken me 1 year effort to bring it into the attention and have it finally solved!
2) This update does not solve the loss of Easylink-activity icons at all. In fact Philips failed to solve this problem and decided to remove all Easylink-activity icons in the 2012 TV models and keep just the device icon to be able to quickly switch to an external device. I know that communication between different departments of Philips isn't a strong point, so you're misinformed (The TV will show all Easylink-activity icons only when it is the second device to start up and only when the TV speakers in the Easylink menu are set to Easylink and not Easylink Autostart. The latter option will remove the Easylink-activity icons and replace them with the device icon only).
3) I understand the approach of contacting the helpdesk before updating because of the risk described in your post but I don't agree with one point. The helpdesk is a paid number here in the Netherlands (€ 0,10/min) and I think no one should pay any more money for solving software bugs by Philips. In fact it is us, the users that should be paid for helping Philips make its products better.

In general, it is a shame that Philips (or TPV nowadays) makes new TV products every year and lets us, customers with software full of bugs. That totally pisses me off. At this moment there are bugs in the 2011 TV's software that are acknowledged by Philips but won't ever be addressed because Philips moved to the 2012 TV's and their software, that is, again, as you would guess, full of bugs. It doesn't seem TPV is interested in making great products (long term) but only on making more money (short term). Philips is not Microsoft and if nothing changes Philips will fail and loose all of its customers. During last year I was visited 8 times by different Philips certified technicians and they all told me they disagree with Philips's policy of releasing products full of bugs on the market and trying to solve the bugs later, only if they succeed. I'm only writing this because I am a Philips fan, my father used to work for Philips and I still care about the brand, but I'm also very disappointed!

Please JuAn, I'd invite you to comment on the 2011 bugs that remain unsolved because of 'priority' issues but I won't count on it.

Philips
12-14-2012, 09:20 AM
Hi JuAn,

I have 3 remarks about your post:

1) I wish you were more responsive about this issue here in the forum, than it wouldn't have taken me 1 year effort to bring it into the attention and have it finally solved!
2) This update does not solve the loss of Easylink-activity icons at all. In fact Philips failed to solve this problem and decided to remove all Easylink-activity icons in the 2012 TV models and keep just the device icon to be able to quickly switch to an external device. I know that communication between different departments of Philips isn't a strong point, so you're misinformed (The TV will show all Easylink-activity icons only when it is the second device to start up and only when the TV speakers in the Easylink menu are set to Easylink and not Easylink Autostart. The latter option will remove the Easylink-activity icons and replace them with the device icon only).
3) I understand the approach of contacting the helpdesk before updating because of the risk described in your post but I don't agree with one point. The helpdesk is a paid number here in the Netherlands (€ 0,10/min) and I think no one should pay any more money for solving software bugs by Philips. In fact it is us, the users that should be paid for helping Philips make its products better.

In general, it is a shame that Philips (or TPV nowadays) makes new TV products every year and lets us, customers with software full of bugs. That totally pisses me off. At this moment there are bugs in the 2011 TV's software that are acknowledged by Philips but won't ever be addressed because Philips moved to the 2012 TV's and their software, that is, again, as you would guess, full of bugs. It doesn't seem TPV is interested in making great products (long term) but only on making more money (short term). Philips is not Microsoft and if nothing changes Philips will fail and loose all of its customers. During last year I was visited 8 times by different Philips certified technicians and they all told me they disagree with Philips's policy of releasing products full of bugs on the market and trying to solve the bugs later, only if they succeed. I'm only writing this because I am a Philips fan, my father used to work for Philips and I still care about the brand, but I'm also very disappointed!

Please JuAn, I'd invite you to comment on the 2011 bugs that remain unsolved because of 'priority' issues but I won't count on it.

Hi Bluevoice,

1) Done now :cool:

2) You are (partly) right......
What has been resolved:
- Reboot when switching between HTS (connected on HDMI) and other inputs.
- As consequence of such a reboot, the CEC bus can be pulled down resulting in a loss of all HTS icons.

What has not been resolved:
- Only 1 HTS icon is present, others have disappeared. Not blocking, as full control is still possible with this icon left.
- HTS not waking up from standby (through CEC) when TV set is waken up from standby. Solution: wake up HTS manually (HTS remote). Problem is related to HTS and reported to responsible A/V team.

TIP: Wait 1~2 minutes when the TV is switched to standby before switching TV/HTS on again. This time is needed by the TV to go from semi-standby to full standby.

Note: Only way to resolve these issue's is disconnecting the mains cord, in this way the CEC bus recovers.

3) The Philips Television team offers several customer support options. We have extensive and excellent support via our website including email and live chat support with our agents free of charge. Additionally we offer telephone support at a cost in line with industry standards and local practices.

On your last question: we will always try to solve major issue's.

Regards,
JuAn

bluevoice
12-14-2012, 09:34 AM
What has not been resolved:
- Only 1 HTS icon is present, others have disappeared. Not blocking, as full control is still possible with this icon left.

@JuAN: What do you mean by saying "not blocking"? Who was talking about blocking?

Also, why do you say full control is possible with this icon? This 1 icon only redirects you to the HTS (this is by the way the same functionality as pressing the "Source" button on the remote and switching to the HTS). It is not possible to get straight to a HTS function such as "HTS-Radio" from the TV menu.

- HTS not waking up from standby (through CEC) when TV set is waken up from standby. Solution: wake up HTS manually (HTS remote). Problem is related to HTS and reported to responsible A/V team.

@JuAN: this works here fine, my HTS always gets automatically ON when I turn the TV ON from standby, what is not working?

bluevoice
12-14-2012, 09:57 AM
2) You are (partly) right......
What has been resolved:
- Reboot when switching between HTS (connected on HDMI) and other inputs.

Regards,
JuAn

And this is not right as you put it up here. What was fixed was a watchdog in the standby software that would start a count every time the Vendor ID of a connected HDMI device would not be recognized. The Vendor ID is normally transmitted through HDMI-CEC. At a certain point the counter would get to 0 but would not be reset, shutting down the mains of the TV causing a reboot.

So what was fixed is:

- Reboot of the TV when switching from the TV to a HDMI device connected (and vice versa - switching from the HDMI device back to the TV) or when switching between the different screens (menu's) of a connected HDMI device.

This has nothing to do with switching between HTS and other inputs!

boessu
12-15-2012, 12:15 PM
On your last question: we will always try to solve major issue's.

The TV sets on a enbedded Linux System. This was a good choice, because that is a rocket solid system which can run 7/24 on desktops, server systems, mobiles, routers, NAS and so on.

Beside of that, the software engineers at Philips got it to the point where even this stable base gets into reboots. They're even not able to get a stable standby software. The resolution of them is that the 2012 line of TV also allows to update the standby software in a way like the rest of the software. Why do I, as a customer, have to care about the standby software at all?

On a TV which does crash in daily usage, and firmware updates on the other hand seems to fix sometimes only things like i18n issues, the question is what a major issue really is. This mainly depends on the strategy of the company in the term of a long lasting customer loyality business model. As it seems, most people still expect from Philips to build rocket solid devices. This means not only hardware should be solid, also the software has to be solid. I'm afraid the old view of the customers on the company and the new strategy of the company don't fit together anymore. That's a really dangerous path.

Please proof me that I'm wrong.

Cheers

Bössu

bluevoice
12-15-2012, 09:17 PM
On a TV which does crash in daily usage, and firmware updates on the other hand seems to fix sometimes only things like i18n issues, the question is what a major issue really is. This mainly depends on the strategy of the company in the term of a long lasting customer loyality business model. As it seems, most people still expect from Philips to build rocket solid devices. This means not only hardware should be solid, also the software has to be solid. I'm afraid the old view of the customers on the company and the new strategy of the company don't fit together anymore. That's a really dangerous path.

Please proof me that I'm wrong.

Cheers

Bössu

I agree, I have now the Philips Cinema Platinum (58PFL9956), a TV with a RRP of € 3600,-. For this amount of money I expect not only major issues to be resolved, but all issues.

Also, I don't want Philips to decide what issues get marked as major by popular demand, I want the TV to have no issues at all.

This situation is totally unacceptable!!!

doener
01-11-2013, 03:43 PM
I Like this thread.
Its all about "not working easylink", not working "mainboard replacements" and bad support. I also updated the standby FW from my 55 7606k02 which was at least in my point of view expensive enough. My Easylink icons are also dissapearing from time to time. Pulling the power cord dosent help in my case. Only one thing helps, starting the TV from a easylink device.

And dont forget the HDMI, SPDIF Dolby passthrue bug in the TV sets from 2011 which makes many HTS systems unusable for watching movies with good sound quality.

Toengel
01-11-2013, 04:34 PM
Hi,

this DD passthrough is a bug in the BDP/HTS devices... it's being fixed for some BDPs already... (e.g. BDP5500)

Toengel@Alex

doener
01-11-2013, 05:47 PM
Hi,

this DD passthrough is a bug in the BDP/HTS devices... it's being fixed for some BDPs already... (e.g. BDP5500)

Toengel@Alex

Maybe there are also bugs in the BDP/HTS devices from Philips. But there are also bugs in my 7606K02. My HTS is not from Philips, and is working fine with a Samsung TV. I think there are not many options left. Since the sound issues are even there with Smart TV Apps like Videociety and Digital Broadcastet TV-stations from the internal Receiver. So the source is the TV the Sound destination is the HTS and the HTS is working fine with other TV sets. The Philips TV has this bugs even connected over SPDIF to the HTS, so how can that be a problem of the HTS?

Toengel
01-11-2013, 05:52 PM
Hi,

ah - you mean you don't geht Dolby from the interal Tuner/SmartTV to your HTS (via ARC or SPDIF)?

Toengel@Alex

doener
01-11-2013, 06:35 PM
I do get Dolby to my HTS, but only with frequent sound drops. I get them with every HDMI cable comibination. I have 5 different HDMI cabels all are HDMI 1.4 certified. Even with SPDIF i get this Sound drops when connected to the TV and Dolby is send. It happens with any source which sends Dolby with multichannel sound thrue the TV. Direct connected devices work just fine. But my HTS has only one BD-In so i cant connect all Dolby devices directly to the HTS. But even if i could. Everything which comes from the TV in Dolby gives the same sound drops on my HTS. PCM sound also works fine.
With the internal speakers everything is works fine.

PeterBoll
01-17-2013, 07:12 PM
I am an Newbie here, but today I had a Chat with Philips. I have an 40PFL9606K/02 where I experience suddenly TV goes off and on. Also Teletekst stops and returns to TV. Philips adviced me to use this upgrade. I had STNDBY_91.67.0.0 and after this Upgrade (where the message came that this was an older file?), I have now 92.67.0.0 (not 92.0.0.0) as the .upg suggests.
But after all this the problem is the same.
I explained that also a message came that there were Updates on channels.
By the way I have no easylink on so it seems to me all this has nothing to do with my problem.
I have the latest firmware installed 000.014.104.000.
Any suggestions on what all this might cause?
A few months ago my TV was completely not responding anymore.
Then I decided to start with Factorysettings.
All the Channels had to be installed again.

PeterBoll
01-18-2013, 05:35 PM
I am an Newbie here, but today I had a Chat with Philips. I have an 40PFL9606K/02 where I experience suddenly TV goes off and on. Also Teletekst stops and returns to TV. Philips adviced me to use this upgrade. I had STNDBY_91.67.0.0 and after this Upgrade (where the message came that this was an older file?), I have now 92.67.0.0 (not 92.0.0.0) as the .upg suggests.
But after all this the problem is the same.
I explained that also a message came that there were Updates on channels.
By the way I have no easylink on so it seems to me all this has nothing to do with my problem.
I have the latest firmware installed 000.014.104.000.
Any suggestions on what all this might cause?
A few months ago my TV was completely not responding anymore.
Then I decided to start with Factorysettings.
All the Channels had to be installed again.

So after trying a lot different stuf. I did reset to factory-settings and everything seems fine again.
Still curious and all instable to me.