PDA

View Full Version : DS 9800w blinking red

csanguinetti
04-04-2016, 09:49 PM
Hi,

I bought my DS9800W/37 device in 2013, I understand that was a 2011 model, however it was cool and I got it, brand new. In march 2015 it started with some connection trouble, and by may I had to take it an authorized support service. At that moment they told me that the source was damaged and I had to replace it. After more or less 8 months, occured the same red light blinking problem and I was so busy to take it again to the SS besides SOMETIMES it worked that's why I just took it again last March (2016) and this time they say that the problem is the mainboard and it needs to be replaced. However, that part seems to not be available now and I really want to have it fixed. Is there any chance that I get that mainboard ASAP? the code is 996510049073
Just reading older posts, looks like this Fidelio device was not a good one, it was not cheap at all, but I've read many MANY claims regarding the same blinking red problem.

Philips - Christoffer
04-05-2016, 07:49 AM
Hello csanguinetti,

Welcome to the Philips support forum, we are glad that you have found us here. It’s unfortunate to hear that your DS9800 is having this issue. For repairs and spare part requests, please contact your local Philips support center, you can find their contact details by clicking here (http://www.philips.com/c-cs/global-country-selector.html), choose your country, then scroll down and click on Contact Philips.
Let me know if there is anything else I can do for you here on the forum.
Have a nice day.

Kind regards,
Philips - Christoffer

csanguinetti
04-05-2016, 04:45 PM
Thanks Christoffer.
I already did, but seems that the mainboard is not available in my country and as I constantly travel to the US I wonder maybe I can find one there.
Why is it so difficult to get this info?? I really don't understand, even more, considering that seems that this equipment has so many claims and a big Trademark as Philips should be eager to help.

Thanks

Philips - Christoffer
04-06-2016, 07:35 AM
Hello csanguinetti,

Thanks for coming back to me. Unfortunately the best thing I can do for you here on the forum in this case, is to redirect you to your local support, since we don’t deal with repairs, exchanges or spare parts here on the forum. Feel free to call the US support team (http://www.usa.philips.com/c-w/support-home/support-contact-page.html#) on 1-888-381-0749 to ask if it is possible to obtain the mainboard that you are looking for.
Let me know if you have any other questions.

Kind regards,
Philips - Christoffer

Philips - Christoffer
05-03-2016, 08:33 AM
Hello csanguinetti,

It has been pretty quiet here for some time and I will close this thread. Feel free to start a new thread or ask one of the moderators to reopen this one in case you have a similar issue.

Kind regards,
Philips – Christoffer

Philips - Christoffer
05-31-2016, 06:31 AM
Hello everyone,

This thread has been reopened, since we received a request from a forum member to do so.
Have a nice day all.

Kind regards,
Philips - Christoffer

Pierre-Alain
05-31-2016, 08:16 AM
Hello,

I have the "blinking red" issue with two Fidelio DS8800W as described in this and other support threads and am looking as well for a possibility to buy the faulty part (WIFI BOARD).

Has anyone found a country where it is still available?

Note that I already tried in Germany (where I live). After a phone contact with the company that does support for Philips (Service Center Baumeister), they asked me to send the equipment to them but then replied that they had no spare parts and I had to pay to get the equipment back!

Regards
Pierre-Alain

DanB
06-02-2016, 05:27 AM
I had a similar issue (rapid green followed by slow red) and I kept turning it off for a few hours until one time, after I left it blinking red for about an hour, it came back to life. It has been working ok since then. No guarantee this will work for you but may be worth a try.
For what it's worth - I would not invest more money in this thing.

DanB
06-02-2016, 05:27 AM
I had a similar issue (rapid green followed by slow red) and I kept turning it off for a few hours until one time, after I left it blinking red for about an hour, it came back to life. It has been working ok since then. No guarantee this will work for you but may be worth a try.
For what it's worth - I would not invest more money in this thing.

Pierre-Alain
06-02-2016, 05:02 PM
Thank-you for the feedback. I have also seen comments from other people where the units managed to get out of the blinking red mode so I'll just try and see over a few days in case this works for me.

Philips - Christoffer
03-17-2017, 08:04 AM
Dear forum members,

It has been quiet here for some time, so I will close this thread.
I hope your issues have been solved - if not, please don’t hesitate to ask one of us moderators to reopen this thread or start a new thread.
Thank you.

Kind regards,
Philips – Christoffer