PDA

View Full Version : Your experiences with FW v0.14.93.0 for 5806, 6000 and 7000 series (2011 models)

Toengel
12-22-2011, 03:34 PM
Hi,

Please share your experiences with this new SW version here in this topic. Channeling your input will make it easier for users to search and find relevant info.

Discuss here all your experiences when upgraded to the new version: new, old, positive, negative...

Toengel@Alex

Q5551_0.14.93.0 (Date published: 2011-12-22)

TV starts up with sound and Ambilight, but without picture.
TV turns off and on by itself when you browse USB or browse PC through DLNA.
TV goes to standby by itself after 2 hours.
Intermittent sound lost and picture lost while watching analog channels.
Picture freeze while watching HD channels.
Intermittent sound lost through certain set-up box connected via HDMI.
Unable to play video files via DLNA connection.
Unable to switch channel while watching analog channel.
Removed the “Scrambled program” message on the purchase banner page.
Unable to download movies from online video store. (Only applicable to country, Germany)
Video stutters while watching digital channels. (Only applicable to country, Finland)

Toengel
12-22-2011, 03:36 PM
Hi,

if the download contains an old version, just download again in a different language (files are multilingual) - this could be due to a proxy server...

Toengel@Alex

Augenring
12-22-2011, 05:04 PM
Hi,

my TV is a 55PFL7606K02 and it would be a nice and necessary option to change the sides (left/right) while playing SBS 3D content. The TV becomes perfect for me with it.

thank you and a mery christmas

Augenring

winterstorm2050
12-22-2011, 05:09 PM
Hi,

Is this firmware corrects the aspect ratio problem when viewing mkv (2.40, 2.35 and 1.85 aspect ration) from usb hdd with 37PFL6606H ? Thanks for your answer !

Merry Christmas to all.

:cool:

EDIT : this is my wish list :

* correct ASPECT RATIO with USB mkv :
http://www.supportforum.philips.com/...nd-2.40-videos

* ADD A STANDBY BUTTON DIRECTLY ON THE TV (without using remote)

doener
12-22-2011, 05:29 PM
Hi,

my TV is a 55PFL7606K02 and it would be a nice and necessary option to change the sides (left/right) while playing SBS 3D content. The TV becomes perfect for me with it.

thank you and a mery christmas

Augenring

I dont like this idea SBS content schould be standart with left/right. switching sides functionality would only confuse 90% of all customers.
if you need it just buy 3D glasses with flipped sides or make your self some. (or turn the glasses upside down).

Feature request(suggestion):
the TV should always recognize 3D content and switch automatically to 3D mode or atleast switch to one eye(2D) picture of the 3D view and then ask to switch into 3D mode. (or better make an 3D icons with schows(indicates) that you can see this content in 3D with the possibility to switch to it with just one key press(red, green ,yellow or blue button)and the same key to disable it again..

no normal customer wants to see 2 different screens wich have a totaly wrong aspect ratio (because of the disabled 3D).(but maybe this functinality should be also there but for me it would be ok to reach it with 3 or 4 klicks)

But anyway!

Thanks for this nice series 7606 02k TVs! I was waiting since 2 years for such a tv with this features.
Happy christmas!

L1Zeeman
12-22-2011, 05:49 PM
How about the bug:
•Solution for set hangs in semi-standby after switch off,coming from
standby.

This is fixed in SW14.91 for the 8k-9k series, but not mentioned in the list of fixes for the 6k-7k series. Assume it is fixed but missing in the list??

adogterom
12-22-2011, 08:40 PM
unfortunatly for me the sound still drops a second every once in a while through my receiver. haven't had a shutdown yet, but that didn't happen that often.
i was really hoping this update would solve the sounddrops, because that one is really annoying.

Dentlmann
12-23-2011, 06:36 AM
How about the bug:
•Solution for set hangs in semi-standby after switch off,coming from
standby.

This is fixed in SW14.91 for the 8k-9k series, but not mentioned in the list of fixes for the 6k-7k series. Assume it is fixed but missing in the list??

This would be interesting for me, too.
Are the fixes from 14.91 for th8+9k series included in the 14.93 for 7k series ?
I am missing some points:
- Solution for sound drop when connected via HDMI.

And what about loosing TV channels from favorite list ?

Christ
12-23-2011, 08:19 AM
You are asking for experiences with the new firmware. But... I have a 42PFL7676 and the new firmware (14.93) is not yet available (I'm looking on the Dutch site of Philips). When is the new firmware availablefor me?

Merry Christmas

Christ

Toengel
12-23-2011, 08:42 AM
Hi,

just download it - the ZIP contains the 14.93... If not, choose another language - it does not matter, since the files are multilingual...

Toengel@Alex

Augenring
12-23-2011, 11:43 AM
I dont like this idea SBS content schould be standart with left/right. switching sides functionality would only confuse 90% of all customers.
if you need it just buy 3D glasses with flipped sides or make your self some. (or turn the glasses upside down).

Hello doener
dont think that costumers are more confused about switching the sides in SBS than all other funktions in picture setup for example.
Much 3D TV have these option and their owners are no more confused like you or me i think.
These option should be standard in 3D SBS setup like natural motion for 24p playback before.

My TV is 3 weeks old and cost 1800€ i dont like the idea make 3D glasses myself.:mad:

Turn the glasses upside down - better i turn my TV upside down an no more slides the glasses from my nose.:cool:

I am sure when 3D is growing up, these option is standart in 3D setup.

Please Philips make it happend for 7**6 3D TV´s.

merry christmas to all

Toengel
12-23-2011, 12:06 PM
Hi,

it would be even better, if the 3D-SBS creators could provide a right version...

Toengel@Alex

Augenring
12-23-2011, 01:42 PM
Hi,

it would be even better, if the 3D-SBS creators could provide a right version...

Toengel@Alex

Yes, thats right anyway...

Manuel
12-23-2011, 05:21 PM
12365442PDL7906H/12,VN1B1136xxxxxx, firmware version 0.14.93.0, standby 91.67.0.0.
New bug:
Some times change analogue channels, result in a bad picture ( bad sinc, or some kind of color negative picture)for some milliseconds.
All firmware until now:
The analogue Tuner SD picture quality could be better seems to suffer from some kind of interlaced problem.
In Portugal a analogue tuner SD Channel so Call SIC Noticias, from ZON provider, always have a synchronization problem in top of picture the first milliseconds, hen he change from any channel or input to that channel, I have two other Philips TV (37pfl9830 and 26pf5522), and this channel it´s ok.

RomanSO
12-24-2011, 07:29 AM
In a new firmware there is no correction or improvement of the built in player. I am disappointed.

adogterom
12-24-2011, 09:32 AM
unfortunatly for me the sound still drops a second every once in a while through my receiver. haven't had a shutdown yet, but that didn't happen that often.
i was really hoping this update would solve the sounddrops, because that one is really annoying.

i may have spoken to soon, i unplugged the tv for 15 mins. and last night watched a movie and a series episode and no sound drops at all.

will check again today, but it sounds promising.

Toengel
12-24-2011, 09:38 AM
In a new firmware there is no correction or improvement of the built in player. I am disappointed.

Hi,

what do you expect?

Toengel@Alex

CaptainDXB
12-25-2011, 04:47 AM
I found the following bugs - most ofg them still exist fro the previos versions...

New:
- NetTV registration doesn't work any more - neigther automaticly (email link) nor manual. The TV sayed every time that I didn't follow the the guides in the registration mail

Old:
- no audio if you try to play recorded movies from a EyeConnect Server (EyeTV)
- HDMI CEC does not work together with Philips BDP 7500B2 (device is not recogniced by the TV)
- DLNA renderer does not work correct with video content (last tried with 8player on iPad)
- problems with the DVB signaling of HbbTV broadcasters (a dialog pops up where I shoud choose the Broadcaster - afterwards it could happen that I have e.g. ZDF HbbTV on Arte...

All in all I would say: After all the years it is really annoying to see this. It seems that Philips start a reinvention circle with each new device they put on the marked and fire the old new development team. Things that had worked on older devices does not work any more on new ones, and even in between the actual product lines it seems that there is no knowledge transfer.

- why can the BDP7500/B2 play a simple SD MPEG2 TS with sound over DLNA and much more expensive TV set not? Hey I mean a DVB-T TS - that should be the domain of the TV set and not of the BlueRay player...

Why told me the Hotline if I ask for fixing the HDMI CEC bug, that they can't because there is one technican for the BluRay and an other for the TV - and of cause: if these products don't work together the TV technician blame the the BlueRay team and vica versa. In the end no one is responsible and the bug is not fixed.

I know that it could be some times tricky to handle a SOC. Other companies also have there problems here. But hey - this silicon is developed by your own company!

The only conclusion for me is: Don't connect this TV to the network and use it simply as a TV / Monitor. If it comes to the "smart" functions this remembers me to the times of windows 3.0: Waiting, crashs, malfunction.

I hope one the product managers read this and change something. Network functionality is the future for TV sets. For me as customer it is not understandable why Philips (and not only Philip) try do dance pogo on slow a mips cpu in stead of putting a adequate chip into there devices, that cost maybe 50$ more. Even a simple smartphone will do this job now a days better. I would love to pay for the cpu power if I get afterwards a working device!

Toengel
12-25-2011, 09:04 AM
Hi,

regarding the HDMI connection to your BDP (HDMI-CEC / Easylink):

- deactivate on both devices HDMI-CEC
- shut down your BDP and TV
- activate HDMI-CEC
- shut down both devices + cut power supply for both devices and reconnect after 2-3 minutes
- start the BDP! -> the TV should start automatically...

Toengel@Alex

edwar
12-25-2011, 01:46 PM
Hello,
TV 32PFL6606- Firmware 000.014.093.000
After power is restored, no return to standby mode - red LED is lit, no picture and sound, and consumption of 20 watts !!!!!
(Firmware 000.014.084.000 also)

Excuse English

CaptainDXB
12-25-2011, 02:25 PM
Hi Toengel,

thx for this hint. I know this procedure... Unfortunatly the TV and the BDP get power over my receiver (I hate this standby stuff). This means both devices are powered up at the same time. In this scenario this will not work. And - this is the prove of my theory that the departments do not talk to each other. They simply implemented the handshake the wrong way and make mistakes with the storage of the data. But look - there are Philips devices out in the field which work correct and the technologie is over 5 years old. So please why does it not work with this TV sets?

P.S. @Edwar: I had this error with the .84FW. In the moment I can't reproduce it. How ever with the .84 it also worked some times and some times not. So if you have still this problems try a factory reset and power down the TV for a minute. It may help, but maybe the error is still there and it takes a while to reproduce it...

best regards
CaptainDXB

centpede
12-25-2011, 04:30 PM
Hello,

today I've installed the new 14.93.0 firmware on my 55PFL7606K/02. What I have noticed so far is, that the "pause"-functionality while watching a digital TV program is working only sporadically now since the update. I've have a 500 GB Harddisk Drive connected through USB for this, which was working much more better in the past (not always 100%, but 98%). Now it's working (my personal feeling) only with 50% success. Pressing the "Pause"-key often does no show any effect. Can you reproduce this?

My equipment in detail: 55PFL7606K/02, BDP7600 (Firmware 1.35), HTS 7111, WLAN PTA01, 8 GB SD Card, 500 GB USB HDD. TV, Soundbar and BD-Player are connected with HDMI 1.4 (CEC/ARC/ETH).

Thanks,
cp

Gnaglow
12-26-2011, 11:45 AM
TV 32PFL6606K/02 - Firmware 000.014.093.000 - using DVB-S responder

Hi,

- from time to time the list of braodcast stations is loosing members. First Tele 5, now eurosport, next ?. The number of the station is still in use it seems, but the numer is no longer reachable. Choosing the chanel will result in the error-message "Sender nicht installieret" (i´m german) transaltion should be something like "sender not installed". Activating ""Ausgeblendete Sender anzeigen (show hidden sender)" does not chance anything.

- Leaving the configutions menu the screen will stay blank because the reciever chanced to the television reciever (what ever this may be), where no sender is available

- chancing chanels needs far too much time

- the navigation within the smart-functions ist very, very slow, especially after activating the HBBTv-option

- on wish: having installed nearly 1.000 sender a search function usind the senders name whould be very helpful

All in all: the television has a suberb picture (after switching off most of the automatic features), the software - well - seems to have an enormous potential :-)

Merry chrismas and all the best for 2012 (including a perfect firmware)
Gnaglow

Kelheimer
12-26-2011, 12:07 PM
That I can confirm with the transponder. This morning was missing when you turn the Tansponder with BR, WDR were, etc. After some back and forth and use the channel list the channels at once again?
HbbTV on all programs, which radiate HbbTV (RTL, Anixe etc.) is still not, although this was promised in a phone call to the hotline in October. This should be fully implemented by the end of the year! Philips advertises the HbbTV function for the 2011 models!
HbbTV was for me an important point for buying this unit. This verarscherei customers should occur in such a company, like Philips, do not!
With the new firmware sometimes no sound after the switch is available. Only one more times, changing channels fixes the problem. This was with the old firmware is 14.84 ... not the case.
One problem persists, pending devices (MR 303) appear once in the home menu, which are gone again and again since then. This problem was already there with firmware 14.84.
Translated with Google Translator

doener
12-26-2011, 05:03 PM
I dont know if this is related to the new TV firmware or the PS3 (4.0) Firmware but i have an issue with the easylink connection.

since updating both the PS3 (4.0) and the 55 7606k02 updated from (10.65.X) to version 14.93 .
the remote of my TV dosent navigate propperly throu the PS3 Menu anymore. It worked before updating both. But now after using a navigation key. It navigates 1x up to 3x times on the Playstation 3.

As a sample i klick left and it goes up to 3 items left. (mostly 2)
The same with up,down and right.
ok and back seems to work.

I tryed already a few times rebooting both. removing the HDMI connection. Truning on and of Easylink and HDMI remote.

but nothing seems to work.
Anyone with same issues there or a Solution to try?

turanga
12-27-2011, 07:51 AM
42PFL7606K FW 14.93.

After playing around with the firmware i have to say that except one bug all other still exist plus a few new bugs.

- Shutdown bug seems to be fixed but now i have a reboot bug. Sometimes after switching channels the TV shows a black screen (no picture nor sound) and, most of the time, the TV reboots after a few seconds. (NEW BUG)

- DLNA playback takes about a minute to play and stops after 1 minute. Play/Pause button has no effect. (NEW BUG)

- TV is much more slower in channel switching and navigation then with FW 14.84.

- Artefacts while watching HD channels still exist.

I'm very disappointed as nothing is getting better.

mduran
12-27-2011, 07:58 AM
42PFL7606K FW 14.93.

After playing around with the firmware i have to say that except one bug all other still exist plus a few new bugs.

- Shutdown bug seems to be fixed but now i have a reboot bug. Sometimes after switching channels the TV shows a black screen (no picture nor sound) and, most of the time, the TV reboots after a few seconds. (NEW BUG)

- DLNA playback takes about a minute to play and stops after 1 minute. Play/Pause button has no effect. (NEW BUG)

- TV is much more slower in channel switching and navigation then with FW 14.84.

- Artefacts while watching HD channels still exist.

I'm very disappointed as nothing is getting better.

@turanga,

Did you also experience, poweron from stand-by and after 1 or 2 minutes the TV goes to stand-by. Without pressing any button or something.

turanga
12-27-2011, 08:15 AM
@turanga,

Did you also experience, poweron from stand-by and after 1 or 2 minutes the TV goes to stand-by. Without pressing any button or something.

No, i didn't. But it could be it does. I don't observe my TV while it's in stand-by ;)

Tnolv
12-27-2011, 08:50 AM
--- HDMI sound problems: still not fixed. Sound drops occur (at least) in the following setup:
Blu-ray(Panasonic) OR Satellite Receiver(Technisat) - HDMI - 42PFL7696K02 - Toslink - PioneerAVR
Obviously the Philips TV does not pass through HDMI sound signals properly.

Very poor performance Philips!!!

--- HDMI-CEC: Technisat can control the Philips but not vice versa. It would be nice, if the Philips could switch channels at least.

tpw_af
12-27-2011, 04:19 PM
TV goes to standby by itself after 2 hours!!!

42PFL7606 K02 FW:14.93.0

this problem still occurs after two hours. I'm absolut dissopointed about the new firmware. Also it's not possible to playback recorded TV without network connection (release notes says it shout be possible). And the performence within network apps is very slow even the TV is connected with wire. Its really frustrated to get a TV with firmware in beta status. For this price I'm expect a TV without this bundle of unsolved problems!!!! :mad:

PS: Where can I find the former firmware 14.84? I would like to go back to this.

Toengel
12-27-2011, 04:48 PM
Hi,

did you make a cold reboot after you installed the latest firmware? If not, cut power for 2-3 minutes... this helps a lot...

Toengel@Alex

mduran
12-27-2011, 06:00 PM
No, i didn't. But it could be it does. I don't observe my TV while it's in stand-by ;)

No no, what I meant was, you start the TV, like power it on from stand by, you sit down to watch, before your but hits the couch it is off again.

tpw_af
12-27-2011, 06:10 PM
Hi,

did you make a cold reboot after you installed the latest firmware? If not, cut power for 2-3 minutes... this helps a lot...

Toengel@Alex

@Toengel

yes I switched off with the power button on bottom side for several minutes. Is this enough or should i switched off from outlet?

Toengel
12-27-2011, 07:15 PM
Hi,

this should have the same effect... hmm...

Toengel@Alex

kegon
12-28-2011, 05:48 AM
Hello,

First of all thanks to Toengel, read many of your helpful postings and thanks to you I found the Update...
My setup is a econova 46", an Apple TV and a MacMini. The econova is connected to the Internet via Ethernet and Airport-Express (6MBit). HD+ Module is inserted, a Hitachi-HD (750 GB) is also hooked up to the TV-Set.

I am very content with the TV. Great picture quality and feature rich.

Though I now can not pause the programme any more. Hbb-TV only works for ARD, the rest is either not reacheable or a message is stating, the channel does not support hbb-tv.

Beeing a software-engineer, my overall impression of the software is not so good. Sometimes slow, sometimes fast, sometimes EPG works, sometimes not, in some cases the picture is gone in others the sound.

The software is not stable, the GUI looks crude... One can tell, philips does not really care about Software .

so long

turanga
12-28-2011, 07:21 AM
Beeing a software-engineer, my overall impression of the software is not so good. Sometimes slow, sometimes fast, sometimes EPG works, sometimes not, in some cases the picture is gone in others the sound.

The software is not stable, the GUI looks crude... One can tell, philips does not really care about Software .

I think: "Package has poor programming practices which may compile but will almost certainly crash."

turanga
12-29-2011, 12:08 PM
New FW in queue?? We're still waiting for bugfixes or sources and keys.

We are willing to help, just give us the sources and keys.

V4Friend
12-29-2011, 02:59 PM
Well, I've checked the Dutch Philips website and found only the old version. But anyway, if I read the posts here, I guess I will skip this update.

If new firmware is going to be made, please make sure to add the following improvements:

subtitle support for streaming (dlna and uPnP);
Subtitle support for SRT-files that are embedded in MKV-file(s);
DTS-audio support;
Automatically switch to 3D, when playing a 3D-video;
Use the Search button to skip to a chapter or time;

These improvements will really make this TV great!

firefox
12-29-2011, 06:27 PM
Hi guys, I installed the 1493 firmware of 22-12. (Including cold boot) on my 42PFL7486H/12.

Now I have this weird click/pop noise randomly coming out of the speakers of the tv set.
This only occurs when the signal is coming over a HDMI cable from a telenet digicorder ( nothing wrong with this device since it has been used on other tv set)

Also, the brightness of the screen seems to be very dependant of the scene,sometimes dimming to very dark values....This is very noticable by observing the white areas such as subtitles, logo's and other color canvasses.

Any help would be apreciated...
@V4Friend, second your requests, but lets first focus on main functionality :).

andrej
12-29-2011, 09:39 PM
If new firmware is going to be made, please make sure to add the following improvements:
•subtitle support for streaming (dlna and uPnP);
•Subtitle support for SRT-files that are embedded in MKV-file(s);
•DTS-audio support;
•Automatically switch to 3D, when playing a 3D-video;
•Use the Search button to skip to a chapter or time;

These improvements will really make this TV great!

Yes, they do a new FW, but in new model of TV, with new kind of bugs. There is no room in EPROM to expand original FW, they waste time reparing "old" model FW. Every version of FW have the same size in kb, its seems that programmers have limited memory space in our models. Slightly improve it, but then new bug come up.:(
Sorry, guys, but I have that feeling, and I do not update FW of my TV anymore. I'm afraid to get TV more disfunctional, without the ability to restore "old" FW.

_Luke_
12-30-2011, 12:48 AM
@Toengel,
first thing I would to do thanks to Philips because now the TV is usable.
But is my opinion that yet is needed other work to do of this TV a functionality TV.
1) media, maybe, player.
don't recognize film in 3D if it are not 1920x1080
some kind xvid are not read
some mkv is not possible use the ff or rw function, when is possible the ff or rw is very slow
is not possible the use of chapters
in this moment I have a mkv that to do reboot the TV
But is it a hardware limitations???

2) the EPG, but is really impossible to have a better one! be active at least when changing channels and require less time to press the info button

3) Is not possible switch between two channel with special button if one is TV and the other is a digital input ( HDMI)

For the moment I don't. have tested the "smart " function.

A question: why the images are better when disable the functions of "Pixel precise HD "?

adogterom
12-30-2011, 07:23 AM
after a week of testing i unfortunatly have to conclude that the audio drops are still present. they occur a lot less, and i think they are replaced by short clicks instead, but they are definitely still there.

hope this is still on the to do list for the programmers.

on a more positive note, the tv hasn't shut itself down since the update.

thijskl
12-30-2011, 09:55 AM
after testing this for about 4 days, the sound drops still occurs often. Like adogterom said i hope this gets picked up asap.

Perpetual Beta
12-30-2011, 02:33 PM
42PFL7456K/02 updated from Q5551-0.14.84.0 to Q5551-0.14.93.0

1. Sometimes / after cold boot via mains switch: Some 20 seconds after "On" via remote the TV goes to standby.

Rem.: I have attached an external mains switch due to the shapely hidden power switch (usability = bad, not without finger marks).
With soft-off sometimes the power consumption jumped from some 0,1W to some 14W overnight (no recording features ever used, automatic channel update disabled).

2. After playing around in Net TV / YouTube App: In TV Mode the "Back" key on the remote was received (key beep), but not processed (return to previous channel).

There are some ghosts in the machine.

Btw.: On 2011-12-28 my brother in law noticed the good picture & sound quality of the 42PFL7456K and asked, if i could recommend it for his mother. My answer: Not, until Philips does the firmware job with an appropriate staff. Good hardware, firmware after 2 upgrades still beta, usability suboptimal. Picture and video files are reproduced with far better usability by an external multimedia player (Asus HDP-R1 here).

firefox
12-30-2011, 07:38 PM
I have found a solution for the audio clicks/drops (in my specific case)
IF your audio source is connected to HDMI 1 (ARC) then use HDMI 2 ...no clicks will occur anymore.

edwar
12-31-2011, 09:23 AM
42PFL7456K/02 updated from Q5551-0.14.84.0 to Q5551-0.14.93.0

Rem.: I have attached an external mains switch due to the shapely hidden power switch (usability = bad, not without finger marks).
With soft-off sometimes the power consumption jumped from some 0,1W to some 14W overnight (no recording features ever used, automatic channel update disabled).

For me the same thing. What to do?
see:

After power is restored, no return to standby mode -(no picture and sound), and consumption of 20 watts !!!!!

plazmagod
01-02-2012, 10:04 AM
What i really need in philips player is:

1. Usable rewind function. There is nothing worse than waiting for rewind, not being able to move to a specific position.
2. Reading external and internal subtitles of any kind.
3. Switching audio-channels.

It is basic functionality of any player and i don't know, why with such good screen developers cant make usable product. Look on any player, as example on VLC, realize half of its functionality and philips users will be happy. Or give sources and keys to open-source community, for the year they will do finest tv ever seen.

kingboa
01-02-2012, 11:09 AM
After power is restored, no return to standby mode -(no picture and sound), and consumption of 20 watts !!!!!
Me either!
Please, dear Philips engineers build a Firmware that works! Everyday I'm forced to switch the TV off and on, because there is no picture; just sound. :mad:

dekstar
01-02-2012, 09:21 PM
When I switch to 3d mode on sbs video over dlna, the tv goes blank and ambilight powers off and on and I am returned to "watch tv".

This also happens on the previous FW.

Also when surfing channels on digital tv the same kind of "reboot" occurs if I change channels "too much".

Where is your Quality Assurance???

dekstar
01-02-2012, 11:13 PM
I also have a 32PFL6606T, which seems to do a reboot while browsing DTV channels or using the usb.

RomanSO
01-03-2012, 02:53 PM

1. Usable rewind function. There is nothing worse than waiting for rewind, not being able to move to a specific position.

I completely support!

TechnicsKuzya
01-03-2012, 03:40 PM
Philips often lost connect with media server via DLNA. On-off TV and once again sees the media server.

sasa'
01-03-2012, 03:59 PM
Philips often lost connect with media server via DLNA. On-off TV and once again sees the media server.

i've 42pfl7606-m-08
this firmware retains the problem of sudden shut down when using the wifi adapter with pta01.
I'm really disappointed of philips, my father always told me that philips means quality
but I say now that it is not 'more' so, are almost of the opinion that unknown brands produce better firmware :(

B|G1
01-03-2012, 08:18 PM
I'm trying to update the software with the tv using the softwareupdate function, I select "Internett" but then it tells me that there isn't a new update available.

I have software 0.14.88.0
According to http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpindex.pl?ctn=55PFL7606T/12&slg=en&scy=GB the new software is 000.014.093.000

What can be wrong?
I have 55PFL7606T

dog soldier
01-03-2012, 10:46 PM
after testing this for about 4 days, the sound drops still occurs often. Like adogterom said i hope this gets picked up asap.

same at me .....please correct this bug........i need to use HDMI1 because of the ARC for my home media system.....

regards dog soldier

adogterom
01-04-2012, 06:55 AM
same at me .....please correct this bug........i need to use HDMI1 because of the ARC for my home media system.....

regards dog soldier

for me it's not only the HDMI 1 port, the drops occur on all HDMI devices connected. i have 3 HDMI ports in use.

BrunoQuiocca
01-04-2012, 09:21 AM
(FW 14.93)
How do I turn off the timeshift on a 40pfl5806D/78 ? I used the
external HDD just to see how it works, then unplugged cause I
needed the HDD. Beyond the new EXT3 format, now the tv keeps showing
an error message every time I shift to the chanel it was
recording. It doesn't matter if the HDD is plugged or not. Had to switch off the power to "solve".

And I found some issues with the media player: I was watching a
tv show, and at 68' the video simply froze. Didn't play, stop, rewind, nothing. It was like it stopped reading the HDD. Then I removed the
USB HDD and plugged back on. It started playing normally, BUT it
simply doesn't FF or skips parts of the video. Had to plug my notebook on the HDMI
to finish watching.

doener
01-04-2012, 11:50 AM
The media player capabillitys are soo bad. You can't thrust the media player that it shows what you want. Sometimes it reboots the complete tv(old few 10.84) while watching. I dont tried it with the new fw and I also don't want to try it I'm so annoyed about the "media player". Videos with dts can not be played even not the viedeo without sound.

I think I expected to much from my 55 inch 7606.
I love the ambilight, the 3d with polarization, the nonglare screen and the small remote.

So I think they should remove all the other buggy stuff (Media player, hdd recording, triple tuner, net tv) and sell it cheaper.
Or sell it with a optional second device which adds such features to the tv.
A mixture between HD recorder, blueray player, av receiver and popcorn hour.

OTB
01-04-2012, 12:43 PM
@doener: agree

Philips should reduce the feature list and make those remainig work properly. It is so damn annoying.
Also: why does Philips integrate an online update function that doesn't work?! For me it worked neither with updating to 14.88.0 nor to the current 14.93.
Again: I like the picture quality and the design. So it is not all bad.

BrunoQuiocca
01-04-2012, 04:25 PM
OTB, well remembered.
I also post on a brazillian forum about tvs, and there we have a specific thread for the 40pfl5806d/78. The YouTube APP isn't working for any of us there. There we are 5 or 6 owners currently.
At least for me, the only useful app is that YouTube. The rest are so slow that... nevermind.

firefox
01-04-2012, 08:34 PM
Ok now we know that there is a new FM coming...I'm going to make a bold suggestion...why doesn't philips 'kill' off the things that don't work for right now. Let the team focus on basic functionality such as the audio drops and lockups.
Then, when there is still room for improvement, move on. This device is going to stay 5 years in my living room. I want it to function !
Or, allow me to get a refund, since the product isn't working as advertised.

Manuel
01-04-2012, 11:13 PM
42pdl7906h/12
Once in a wile (some time hours, some time minutes) picture flash, of least watching Analogue Tv channels, present on the last upgrade (14.84, I think) before that 14.93

TechnicsKuzya
01-05-2012, 05:58 AM
Philips 32PFL6606H/12 (F/W: 14.93) connected to Zyxel Keenetic GIGA (F/W: last beta) - often lost DLNA-connection.

At the same place Philips 32PFL6606H/12 <-HDMI-> Player Egreat R200-II <-LAN-DLNA-> Keenetic GIGA - no problem (one full day test).

firefox
01-05-2012, 09:56 AM
I've talked in chat with a customer rep. He told me there is currently no new firmware in development...

Anyone experienced the flickering control panel in vimeo?

TechnicsKuzya
01-05-2012, 10:04 AM
Bad, very bad ... Complaints to the TV with the latest firmware - plenty of ...

turanga
01-05-2012, 10:21 AM
Dear Philips and customers,

i've started a petition for a working firmware.

http://www.change.org/petitions/philips-make-a-working-firmware-and-remove-bugs

To all customers: Support it!
To Philips: Respect your customers!

Thx

TechnicsKuzya
01-05-2012, 10:27 AM
Signing

firefox
01-05-2012, 10:36 AM
Singing

firefox
01-05-2012, 10:46 AM
Thank you for your effort Turanga, I have started a new thread to get more support :
I've started a new thread : http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?4019-Petition-for-better-firmware

Gnaglow
01-05-2012, 07:49 PM
TV 32PFL6606K/02 - Firmware 000.014.093.000 - using DVB-S responder

Hi,

- from time to time the list of braodcast stations is loosing members. First Tele 5, now eurosport, next ?. The number of the station is still in use it seems, but the numer is no longer reachable. Choosing the chanel will result in the error-message "Sender nicht installieret" (i´m german) transaltion should be something like "sender not installed". Activating ""Ausgeblendete Sender anzeigen (show hidden sender)" does not chance anything.

- Leaving the configutions menu the screen will stay blank because the reciever chanced to the television reciever (what ever this may be), where no sender is available

- changing chanels needs far too much time

- the navigation within the smart-functions ist very, very slow, especially after activating the HBBTv-option

- on wish: having installed nearly 1.000 sender a search function usind the senders name whould be very helpful

All in all: the television has a suberb picture (after switching off most of the automatic features), the software - well - seems to have an enormous potential :-)

Merry chrismas and all the best for 2012 (including a perfect firmware)
Gnaglow

Such a bullshit - after a SAT-researching the chanel list again lost senders. And no way to get then active again. Getting rid of all the automatic paternalism would be so nice.
Does anyone have an idea how to get the senders active again? I´m not willing to do a research (lasting 30 min) over and over again.....

And a possibility to add a single sender would be a nice feature, too. By the way, the SAT-Receiver in the study (no name, 40 EUR, using same antenna) works perfect. All senders availible.

BrunoQuiocca
01-06-2012, 12:33 AM
Not really a bug, but does anyone knows how to manually uninstall tv channels? If there insn't a way to do it, please Philips...

Perpetual Beta
01-06-2012, 01:08 PM
1. The firmware doesn't correct the "mkv aspect ratio" issue. A video file with display aspect ratio of 2.x:1 is displayed "full screen" (e.g. 16:9 on my 42PFL7456K/02).

1. I am missing an intelligent "zoom to max" function in the "Smart picture" settings which zooms to the maximal size possible preserving the display aspect ratio, however display & pixel aspect ratios are. It should be easy to process a free display aspect ratio range (e.g. from 1:1 to 2.5:1).

Manuel
01-06-2012, 04:15 PM
Make a new channel search without aerial antenna connected.

Not really a bug, but does anyone knows how to manually uninstall tv channels? If there insn't a way to do it, please Philips...

MrLoud
01-07-2012, 10:45 AM
This is a basic tv functionality that really needs to be fixed!!!

More details about this problem and how annoying it is can be found here:
http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/archive/index.php/t-1361.html
http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?3935-Volume-up-and-down-for-headphones-PLEASE-HELP

wimpie007
01-07-2012, 04:34 PM
Well, after using this firmware from day 1, i have some remarks:
- No more frequent shutdowns any more. (yiha!)
- Sound problems changed, but are not as frequent as before.
Before, sound was garbled when switching hdmi inputs, now the sound sometimes DISAPPEARS completely.
Shutting down the TV resolves it. Annoying.

But .93 is a step in the right direction FINALLY.
Hope the HDMI-sound problems will be fixed in next release.

regards,

Gnaglow
01-08-2012, 12:35 PM
Now i can confirm the shutdown-"feature" is still present......

grandia
01-08-2012, 03:09 PM
When I watching TV, the picture and the sound will suddenly turn off and after 10 sec will be switch ON automatically. When picture/sound turn off, I can't do anything even I touching/using controller, TV still can't function but after 10sec the problem will solve automatically.

I never using Sleep Timer, or auto switch Off function. I already upgrade to latest version Q5551_0.14.93.0

My Tv model : 40PFL6606H/12

born_trippy
01-08-2012, 04:05 PM
Hi!

I have my 47pfl7656K7/02 since 02.Jan.2012 and have the following issues.

- Teletext input field not visible when entering pages (now feedback when entering numbers)
- Restart after automatically detecting HDMI CEC device (Samsung DVR-751)
- Sometimes many DVB-C channels are not working any more (Channel is encrypted or no channel detected is displayed). Power off and on solves the issues (Have to disconnect the power cord)
- Flashing Ambilight when using 3D as mentioned in the other thread.

Beside that I like the TV. Picture quality is extremely good.

P.S. I am using an old Remote from my 7404h. Because I don't like the new remote but please map the adjustment button to picture or sound button of the old remote.
On other thing I am missing is the EPG info of the actual program when changing channels. The was handy on the 7404.

oriontom
01-08-2012, 05:45 PM
Hi,

what do you expect?

Toengel@Alex

I think a mediaplayer should be able to fast-forward or rewind.
When I push the button the symbol apear on the screen for a short time but nothing happens.
The film is going on just the same as before.

When I stoped a film and want to go on later, I have to start again from the beging.
That makes no sense!

Niels
01-08-2012, 06:38 PM
When I watching TV, the picture and the sound will suddenly turn off and after 10 sec will be switch ON automatically. When picture/sound turn off, I can't do anything even I touching/using controller, TV still can't function but after 10sec the problem will solve automatically.

I never using Sleep Timer, or auto switch Off function. I already upgrade to latest version Q5551_0.14.93.0

My Tv model : 40PFL6606H/12

Hello Grandia,

I have a similar problem on my TV. Some days it is not present, other days it happens about 5 times in half an hour (and then I just shut it down). It looks like an 'auto-reset' of the TV.
Strange thing is that my TV is a 2010 model 32PFL7605. First 11 months this never happened. After 11 months my main board was replaced due to nonfunctioning NetTV / IP-EPG. Since then (FW 140.40) this problem is present. (Maybe a 2011 version mainboard?)
After an 'auto-reset' a message 'a channel update is present' is shown on the TV. During the first minute after the reboot the EPG is not available, just like when the TV is first powered on (that is why I see this as an auto-reset).

My configuration: 32PFL7605 with PTA01 USB adapter connected to wireless network.
No devices connected to TV (no HDD, Playstation, HTS or whatever). On the wireless network also a DLNA server with pictures/music/movies is present but this is rarely used.

Can you describe your configuration and the symptoms you see. It might help in finding the cause.

Niels

_Luke_
01-08-2012, 10:24 PM
@Toengel
please is it possible to explain what to do the function "clear LCD " ?
There isn't documentation and I belive that feature has some good quality but also contraindications, example with sport.

Thanks

kegon
01-09-2012, 02:42 PM
Do people, who work for Philips have such TVs themselves? In addition to the forementioned instabilities - sometimes things work, sometimes not... I now loose channels everyonce in a while, so I have to refresh the stationlist. Just installed a Sony TV at my neighbours house, everything worked fine... Returning home, I had no EPG, had difficulties with the Apps... Had to reboot. Ironically, the Sony is driven by Windows CE and not Linux..

TechnicsKuzya
01-09-2012, 04:55 PM
32PFL6606H (14.93) - dynamic contrast disable only when PC Mode on. Why?

If I set Dynamic Contrast - Disable - contrast still varies depending on the composition of the picture. Especially noticeable when the picture with my external media player via HDMI has a ratio of 4:3 (signal 1080p 60Hz). And Only PC mode - fully disable Dynamic Contrast!!!!

P.S. Same problem:
http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?4032-Subtle-backlight-bleeding-46PFL6606H&p=22451&viewfull=1#post22451
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uqgfulqYCM

grandia
01-10-2012, 01:21 AM
Hello Grandia,

I have a similar problem on my TV. Some days it is not present, other days it happens about 5 times in half an hour (and then I just shut it down). It looks like an 'auto-reset' of the TV.
Strange thing is that my TV is a 2010 model 32PFL7605. First 11 months this never happened. After 11 months my main board was replaced due to nonfunctioning NetTV / IP-EPG. Since then (FW 140.40) this problem is present. (Maybe a 2011 version mainboard?)
After an 'auto-reset' a message 'a channel update is present' is shown on the TV. During the first minute after the reboot the EPG is not available, just like when the TV is first powered on (that is why I see this as an auto-reset).

My configuration: 32PFL7605 with PTA01 USB adapter connected to wireless network.
No devices connected to TV (no HDD, Playstation, HTS or whatever). On the wireless network also a DLNA server with pictures/music/movies is present but this is rarely used.

Can you describe your configuration and the symptoms you see. It might help in finding the cause.

Niels

Dear Niels,

Yes, the TV look like "auto-reset" , "auto-restart" , "auto-reboot" . Sometimes all night nothing happen,Sometime happen 2 or 3 time.

I using wired network connected to TV ,other devices is "Astro Box Office"(www.astro.com.my) connected to TV by HDMI cable.

RomanSO
01-10-2012, 08:20 AM
It is necessary to make in a new firmware:
- Rewind in.mkv video files
- Switching between sound tracks in video files
- To clean braking at playing of some videos of files (1080p)

meme80
01-10-2012, 08:49 AM

I'm perfectly aligned with this request, and trust me this is really a MUST have a TV.
In addition please fix/add:

4. The on screen channel info is not usable. It is not possible to black all the screen to show the channel info. No other TV brand do something similar, the answer is simple it is ugly to see and not useful. I would suggest to implement something similar to this (http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/7482/esempioo.jpg). Also Shortcut key to the info. It's really, really, really stupid having to go to options, then scroll all the way down the info, to just then open it. Info MUST be something dynamic. An old 42PFL3604 has a dedicated button to it. Can't understand why on earth this one doesn't. Suggestion: Remap the colored buttons. One for quick audio selection, other for info, and other for EPG.

5. Possibility to play a movie, stop, shutdown the TV then when the user goes to mediaplayer and open the same movie the system ask: "Would you like to play from the point where you stopped?". This is a small feature witha great impact on usability. Fast-Foward aswell is a good idea.

6. The TV guide (EPG) is not working as it should. If I use the Internet TV guide it takes too much time to download the schedule, it is not an internet issue (I have a 20 Mbit/s). Also using the TV guide of the broadcast it takes too much time to download it and moreover it doesn't show the TV channel in a small window. My suggestion is to implement an automatical background download (e.g everyday) while you are waching the channel so that when the user press the button automatically shows the guide (it is already in the TV). Every other tv that i saw so far works like that. Again, this is a dynamic feature, having to wait a few minutes while the tv searches for the broadcasted EPG makes it completely pointless. With respect to the TV guide layout of the broadcast TV guide the score is: unusable please have a look to this (http://idhp.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/idhp-Samsung-BD-D6900-3D-Blu-ray-player-and-DVR-combo-3.jpg). It is not difficult to implement it and it is really better.

7. SW update using the softwareupdate function throught "Internet" doesn't work and have not being working from the beginning. Why?

To all the people in this thread, if you agree (or disagree) with my request then vote this poll (http://poll.fm/3gwkz) to show to Philips that it is not a single request but a joint request of all Philips TV buyers.

orsochecorre
01-10-2012, 10:17 AM
i'm with you

I'm perfectly aligned with this request, and trust me this is really a MUST have a TV.

4. The on screen channel info is not usable. It is not possible to black all the screen to show the channel info. No other TV brand do something similar, the answer is simple it is ugly to see and not useful. I would suggest to implement something similar to this (http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/7482/esempioo.jpg).

5. Possibility to play a movie, stop, shutdown the TV then when the user goes to mediaplayer and open the same movie the system ask: "Would you like to play from the point where you stopped?". This is a small feature witha great impact on usability.

6. The TV guide is not working as it should. If I use the Internet TV guide it takets too much time to download the schedule, it is not an internet issue (I have a 20 Mbit/s). Also using the TV guide of the broadcast it takes too much time to download it and moreover it doesn't show the TV channel in a small window. My suggestion is to implement a background download so that when the user press the button automatically shows the guide. With respect to the TV guide layout of the broadcast TV guide the score is unusable please have a look to this (http://idhp.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/idhp-Samsung-BD-D6900-3D-Blu-ray-player-and-DVR-combo-3.jpg). It is not difficult to implement it and it is better.

7. SW update using the softwareupdate function throught "Internet" doesn't work and have not being working from the beginning. Why?

To all the people in this thread, if you agree (or disagree) with my request then vote this poll (http://poll.fm/3gwkz) to show to Philips that it is not a single request but a joint request of all Philips TV buyers.

BrunoQuiocca
01-10-2012, 12:08 PM

4. The on screen channel info is not usable. It is not possible to black all the screen to show the channel info. No other TV brand do something similar, the answer is simple it is ugly to see and not useful. I would suggest to implement something similar to this (http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/7482/esempioo.jpg).

5. Possibility to play a movie, stop, shutdown the TV then when the user goes to mediaplayer and open the same movie the system ask: "Would you like to play from the point where you stopped?". This is a small feature witha great impact on usability.

6. The TV guide is not working as it should. If I use the Internet TV guide it takets too much time to download the schedule, it is not an internet issue (I have a 20 Mbit/s). Also using the TV guide of the broadcast it takes too much time to download it and moreover it doesn't show the TV channel in a small window. My suggestion is to implement a background download so that when the user press the button automatically shows the guide. With respect to the TV guide layout of the broadcast TV guide the score is unusable please have a look to this (http://idhp.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/idhp-Samsung-BD-D6900-3D-Blu-ray-player-and-DVR-combo-3.jpg). It is not difficult to implement it and it is better.

I'd like to add a few things here.

4. Shortcut key to the info. It's really, really, really stupid having to go to options, then scroll aaaall the way down the info, to just then open it. Info MUST be something dynamic. My old 42PFL3604 has a dedicated button to it. Can't understand why on earth this one doesn't.
Suggestion: Remap the colored buttons. One for quick audio selection, other for info, and other for EPG.

5. Fast-Foward aswell.

6. EPG must have background download while you are waching the channel. Every other tv that i saw so far works like that. Again, this is a dynamic feature, having to wait a few minutes while the tv searches for the broadcasted EPG makes it completely pointless.
For comparision. On my old 42PFL3604/78, i have a DTV reciever, since the tv doesn't have a DTV tunner. It is really cheap stuff, also based on linux, but works this out much better than my brand new 40PFL5806D. The reciever just make this background download everyday. I don't even have to tell it to update. Can't understand why Philips made is so complicated.

meme80
01-10-2012, 12:35 PM
I'd like to add a few things here.
4. Shortcut key to the info. It's really, really, really stupid having to go to options, then scroll aaaall the way down the info, to just then open it. Info MUST be something dynamic. My old 42PFL3604 has a dedicated button to it. Can't understand why on earth this one doesn't.
Suggestion: Remap the colored buttons. One for quick audio selection, other for info, and other for EPG.

5. Fast-Foward aswell.

6. EPG must have background download while you are waching the channel. Every other tv that i saw so far works like that. Again, this is a dynamic feature, having to wait a few minutes while the tv searches for the broadcasted EPG makes it completely pointless.

I agree. I believe that your point 6 and my point 6 are the same. What I mean is that i also suggested for background download of EPG.

I edited post #86.

giandena
01-10-2012, 11:04 PM
Hi, i'm another beta-tester of 47PHL7696.
Also I think it is necessary to add the following features to the player:
1. Usable rewind/f-forward function. Jump to a specific position. Select a position based on chapters.

bezio
01-11-2012, 11:47 AM
Hello, sorry English translated online.
I have no 3D 32PFL7406M but the FM seems to be the same. I fully endorse what he says meme80 good for both HW and SW poor. As to the point 4 (info) you can use the shortcut button at the bottom right of the last (text-info) that when pressed for 2 seconds, the program will return the info, of course, obscuring the vision of the program .. ... small consolation ...

DerShortyy
01-11-2012, 02:54 PM
Hi @all,

has anybody of you experienced automic shutdowns of the TV after 2hours with FW 14.93?

Kelheimer
01-11-2012, 02:58 PM
Since 22.12. (Date firmware update), no more automatic shutdowns.

meme80
01-11-2012, 04:26 PM
Hi @all,
has anybody of you experienced automic shutdowns of the TV after 2hours with FW 14.93?

Since the update with firmware 014.93 no more automatic shutdowns.
Ciao.

meme80
01-11-2012, 07:34 PM
Hi,
i'm experiencing problem with the 3D feature.

If I watch a 3D movie sbs mkv from USB it does not allow me to set 3D.

Is there any requirement (e.g. resolution of the movie, frame rate, bit rate, codec) for a 3D movie in order to be able to watch it in 3D?

Thank you,

Toengel
01-11-2012, 07:45 PM
Hi,

the resolution need to be 1920x1080 pixels.

Toengel@Alex

meme80
01-12-2012, 06:55 AM
Hi,

the resolution need to be 1920x1080 pixels.
Toengel@Alex

Hi, thank you for your reply. Is this an hw limitation due to the fact that it is not possible to do upscaling to 1080p and also 3D?

Regards,

_Luke_
01-12-2012, 08:20 AM
@Philips member

I would simply to know if you have finished to develop a software for TV series 2011 or you have a work list to improve the functionality.

Your honest answer to the question, thank so much
Regards

BrunoQuiocca
01-12-2012, 08:46 AM
Hello, sorry English translated online.
I have no 3D 32PFL7406M but the FM seems to be the same. I fully endorse what he says meme80 good for both HW and SW poor. As to the point 4 (info) you can use the shortcut button at the bottom right of the last (text-info) that when pressed for 2 seconds, the program will return the info, of course, obscuring the vision of the program .. ... small consolation ...

My remote control doesn't have this "text" button. Even on the site the photo of the control have it, but on my one it has a dot instead. I think it is because of the ISDB-T sistem that uses a dot to acess the digital tv channels. Then I've tryed to hold several other buttons, but none of them went to the info.

Thank you, Philips. ¬¬

dog soldier
01-12-2012, 02:59 PM

4. The on screen channel info is not usable. It is not possible to black all the screen to show the channel info. No other TV brand do something similar, the answer is simple it is ugly to see and not useful. I would suggest to implement something similar to this (http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/7482/esempioo.jpg). Also Shortcut key to the info. It's really, really, really stupid having to go to options, then scroll all the way down the info, to just then open it. Info MUST be something dynamic. An old 42PFL3604 has a dedicated button to it. Can't understand why on earth this one doesn't. Suggestion: Remap the colored buttons. One for quick audio selection, other for info, and other for EPG.

5. Possibility to play a movie, stop, shutdown the TV then when the user goes to mediaplayer and open the same movie the system ask: "Would you like to play from the point where you stopped?". This is a small feature witha great impact on usability. Fast-Foward aswell is a good idea.

6. The TV guide (EPG) is not working as it should. If I use the Internet TV guide it takes too much time to download the schedule, it is not an internet issue (I have a 20 Mbit/s). Also using the TV guide of the broadcast it takes too much time to download it and moreover it doesn't show the TV channel in a small window. My suggestion is to implement an automatical background download (e.g everyday) while you are waching the channel so that when the user press the button automatically shows the guide (it is already in the TV). Every other tv that i saw so far works like that. Again, this is a dynamic feature, having to wait a few minutes while the tv searches for the broadcasted EPG makes it completely pointless. With respect to the TV guide layout of the broadcast TV guide the score is: unusable please have a look to this (http://idhp.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/idhp-Samsung-BD-D6900-3D-Blu-ray-player-and-DVR-combo-3.jpg). It is not difficult to implement it and it is really better.

i totally agree and hope that philips read our opinions about the software....i don`t understand that the software of the TV is such a crap....

ciao dog soldier

OTB
01-12-2012, 04:27 PM
Some acknowledgement by Philips would be appreciated...

ps2aich
01-12-2012, 06:01 PM
Hi,

I own a 42pfl7656.

My main problems with the new firmware are the following:

- when I use any NetTv feature, and then use the Back button to go back to the overview page,
the TV kind of reboots. This does not happen all the time, but very often.
Afterwards, some functions (Like Options-->"Was gibt es") does not display anything anymore-
Switching the tv off via the main switch fixes this.

- Timeshift (pressing "Pause") sometimes does not work (simply nothing happens)

- IP-EPG is very slow (Network is via network cable and then 10KBit DSL), often not usable

- When browsing a usb device (e.g. camera) TV suddenly reboots.

- While using the free internetbrowser, often suddenly the TV reboots.

I'm software developer myself, and the firmware seems to be very very instable, like a beta version.

Would it help if I try to reproduce any of the bugs? Its such a pity to have a tv set with perfect picture quality, but all "Additonal" features are simply not really usable.

Kind regards,

ps2aich

Dyna
01-12-2012, 07:56 PM
The most annoying problem with the current firmware is the ambilight flickering with certain 3D content, especially in relation to 3D video gaming. This problem seems only to occur with the 7000 series, as it's the only series which currently offers passive 3D. Yet, it's an unacceptable problem which already annoys many users. There is a kind of "emergency" solution that seems to work with ps3 and 3D support by certain settings for the sound output. But it doesn't solve the actual problem of the ambilight and those users with less hardware experience are pretty much lost.

Philips confirmed short within the thread that they want to care about the problem, but nothing has been done yet.

Long story short:
Please work on the ambilight issue. There are only 2 reasons to buy a tv with 3D support: 3d blu ray movies and 3D games. The later one is used quite more often and the PS3 is pretty much the basic 3D movie and gaming equipment.

grandia
01-13-2012, 07:01 AM
Hi,

I own a 42pfl7656.

My main problems with the new firmware are the following:

- when I use any NetTv feature, and then use the Back button to go back to the overview page,
the TV kind of reboots. This does not happen all the time, but very often.
Afterwards, some functions (Like Options-->"Was gibt es") does not display anything anymore-
Switching the tv off via the main switch fixes this.

- Timeshift (pressing "Pause") sometimes does not work (simply nothing happens)

- IP-EPG is very slow (Network is via network cable and then 10KBit DSL), often not usable

I'm software developer myself, and the firmware seems to be very very instable, like a beta version.

Would it help if I try to reproduce any of the bugs? Its such a pity to have a tv set with perfect picture quality, but all "Additonal" features are simply not really usable.

Kind regards,

ps2aich

I also gt this 2 problem:

____

This 2 problem similar like when I watching TV, TV suddenly reboots.

matthias
01-14-2012, 01:27 AM

It would be interesting to get a feedback from Philips on this, but as they are indeed trying to fix bugs, I would say most definitely "yes" ;-)

The problem is to actually find a reliable way of reproducing the bugs. Most of the reported reproducable bugs are more like feature requests, and the remaining bugs only happen "often" or "sometimes".

I also have occiasional problems with Opera and USB recording which can only be solved by (cold) rebooting the TV, but unfortunately, I didn't yet find a reliable way to reproduce these bugs.
This probably makes it very difficult and timeconsuming to reproduce and fix them. If there was a way of reliably reproducing these type of bugs, this would probably increase the speed at which they are fixed.

But my feeling is it depends a lot on the speed of pressing buttons. Many bugs occur only if I have less than 3-4 seconds between each key press. When I do it slowly enough and leave enough time, it works more often / most of the time.

In the 2011 TVs, it's easy to control the TV through javascript/JSON. Maybe with a recorded set of key presses replayed at the same speed using a webbrowser, could this help the developers in reproducing the bugs? what do you think?
(see the PC Remote Control JSON threads here (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?3987-Your-PC-as-remote-control) and here (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?3423-COOL-Control-your-TV-with-your-own-Javascript-Jointspace-app&p=23170&viewfull=1#post23170))

panel
01-14-2012, 03:09 PM
Hello @Toengel

I bought 42PFL406K/02 few month ago witch has very good tech, but the quality of software is quite poor (Current Firmware 000.014.093.000).

I am experienced software developer and honestly this firmware looks like Beta or sometimes alpha software rather than final version - so many thins are not implemented, many things seems incomplete and the final user experience is quite poor. I agree with other users that team should focus on basic features to make them work - I believe goal should be to make it simple, fast and truly usable. If you check @turanga petition is previous post you'll set that it have over 100 people (witch would be quite large number it we consider that only small fraction of users actually posts about software disadvantages and problems)

So now to the details:

I. Build in video player usability is very poor
1a. First of all the case when user stops watching movie and want to watch it latter isn't support at all.
Now I have to rewind video. The problem with rewind is at first I have to do it, at second it's only 2x, so it's take very long time to rewind ex. 1h of video.
Just think about this - Can you imagine DVD or Bluray player without ability to select scene or at least start playing from custom (user entered) playback time?
There are few solutions to address this issue, but implementing all would feel like complete working solution
solution a: Just play the video from the moment where user finished video playback
solution b: Generate thumbnails list base on video file scenes and just allow user to select video scene from the thumbnails
solution c: Allow simply to rewind faster 2x, 4x, 8x (right rewind arrow on the remote increases rewind, left arrow on the remote decreases rewind speed)
solution d: Add ability to enter custom time

1b. Not all videos can be opened. Honestly only about 50-60% of mkv videos works at all, and some that works have visible 'slowdown moments'.

1c. Add ability to select audio channel

1d. Add subtitles support

II. DLNA browsing menu disaster
2a. First of all it's very slow, user experience is very poor through the lag of UI and there are time you can exactly see that animations are freezing because of poor implementation. I would say it's quite opposite of Apple interfaces.

2b. Selecting movie is a disaster
Lets say you have 40 videos in single folder. What you have to to do to go to video 35? You have to click 34 times down arrow - Guys, really? - It's disaster from usability point of view.

There are few solutions to do it right and fix this feature:
solution a: Add ability to hold down arrow for scrolling more than one item
solution b: Add looping in file lists (when you are on first item go to last, when you are on last item go to first)
solution c: Add ability to go to certain letter on the list ex. When you press 5 (5 JKL) on the remove once it will jump to first file name on the list starting with J, but it you press it twice it will go to first file name on the list starting with K

2c. Missing ability to rewind pushed videos (from windows media player interface)

III. Connected devises list
3a. Add some kind of icon showing that the port on the list is connected to the device

3b. Improve selecting connected devices - while sources list is open pressing source button should go to next connected port

IV. autoupdate
Fix autoupdate to show newest available frimware

I'll be glad to discuss it in more details and I truly want to know that Phillis is taking user feedback seriously (actually doing something about it).

samoht01
01-14-2012, 06:28 PM
Hello!

I have a 32PFL6626T/12 since a couple of months. This is my second software upgrade. Both is done by USB as the Internet upgrade doesn't work. BAD!

Sometimes the sound drops while watching digital channels (DVB-C). The only way to get the sound back is to reselect the channel. BAD! This occured in the previous release as well but it's more often after upgrade. On my 19PFL3606H/12 this is not a problem.

Now and then the TV stop responding to the remote. The only way to to get it back to work is the "Home" button on the remote (the only working button) and chose "Watch TV". This problem is the same when i use the Java app on the web so the problem seems to be in the TV.

---/T

grandia
01-15-2012, 11:28 AM
If not wrong, when using Vivid mode for Smart Picture, will facing TV reboot problem.

teal
01-15-2012, 08:13 PM
I totally agree with panel and others...Fix the video player (usability + codecs), make DLNA browsing interface usable

Jambinimama
01-16-2012, 05:43 AM
Hi Guys,

I am a novice to this whole Net TV thing. When we purchased the TV everything worked great. However, for two weeks now we have not been able to access Net TV. I have checked everything I know possible (layman of course)... Checked the firewall to make sure that the ports are okay. The internet connection between router and TV is working. However, I still cannot access Net TV and its driving me bananas. I am using KPN Experia box router... Can anyone give me a heads up of what I might be overlooking? My TV model number is 37PFL7675H/12.

Thanks in advance.

Toengel
01-16-2012, 06:37 AM
Hi,

(if you stated the right TV model) you have a 2010 TV and need to update to the latest firmware (140.46) via USB.

Toengel@Alex

Niels
01-16-2012, 07:03 AM
Hi Guys,

I am a novice to this whole Net TV thing. When we purchased the TV everything worked great. However, for two weeks now we have not been able to access Net TV. I have checked everything I know possible (layman of course)... Checked the firewall to make sure that the ports are okay. The internet connection between router and TV is working. However, I still cannot access Net TV and its driving me bananas. I am using KPN Experia box router... Can anyone give me a heads up of what I might be overlooking? My TV model number is 37PFL7675H/12.

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

Can you tell us what firmware version you are running?
And can you describe what happens when you try to access Net TV?

Kind regards,
Niels

ps2aich
01-16-2012, 05:32 PM
It would be interesting to get a feedback from Philips on this, but as they are indeed trying to fix bugs, I would say most definitely "yes" ;-)
But my feeling is it depends a lot on the speed of pressing buttons. Many bugs occur only if I have less than 3-4 seconds between each key press. When I do it slowly enough and leave enough time, it works more often / most of the time.
In the 2011 TVs, it's easy to control the TV through javascript/JSON. Maybe with a recorded set of key presses replayed at the same speed using a webbrowser, could this help the developers in reproducing the bugs? what do you think?

I also would appreciate a feedback from Philips on this.

Thanks for the hint to press the buttons more slowly (I would like to say "relaxed"). I also have the impression that now the reboots are occurring less often.

The JSON feature is nice, but to use it for reproducing bugs I would need a statement from Philips if this really makes sense: Pressing on the remote or via http/json may not be comparable at all, who knows?

matthias
01-16-2012, 06:03 PM
I. Build in video player usability is very poor
1a. First of all the case when user stops watching movie and want to watch it latter isn't support at all.
solution a: Just play the video from the moment where user finished video playback
solution b: Generate thumbnails list base on video file scenes and just allow user to select video scene from the thumbnails
solution c: Allow simply to rewind faster 2x, 4x, 8x (right rewind arrow on the remote increases rewind, left arrow on the remote decreases rewind speed)
solution d: Add ability to enter custom time

sol. a+b+d: agreed, would be nice to have. b is a nice idea
sol. c: this actually works for me already for both USB and DNLA by pressing forward/backward multiple times.

1b. Not all videos can be opened. Honestly only about 50-60% of mkv videos works at all, and some that works have visible 'slowdown moments'.

This can occur if they have DTS-only audio. You could use a transcoding media server or e.g. use Popcorn Audio Converter beforehand

1c. Add ability to select audio channel
[\QUOTE]
very much wished. Philips (Thomas?) acknowledged this and said he will take it to the engineers to consider it, but cannot promise anything.

[QUOTE=panel;23217]
1d. Add subtitles support
[\QUOTE]
Partially works: .srt files on USB is supported. srt muxed into mkv is not. For DNLA, you probably need a transcoding media server.

[QUOTE=panel;23217]
2a. First of all it's very slow, user experience is very poor through the lag of UI and there are time you can exactly see that animations are freezing because of poor implementation. I would say it's quite opposite of Apple interfaces.
[\QUOTE]
Interesting. For me, this actually works pretty well (no difference to browsing USB). Are you using wireless? If so, can you check your connection quality?

[QUOTE=panel;23217]
2b. Selecting movie is a disaster
Lets say you have 40 videos in single folder. What you have to to do to go to video 35? You have to click 34 times down arrow - Guys, really? - It's disaster from usability point of view.

I like solution c (press letter), but requires that Philips first implements sorting, if using USB.
Try left/right on the "outer" ring. This jumps page-wise through the files.

2c. Missing ability to rewind pushed videos (from windows media player interface)

Does work for me on TVersity. But I had to set the Media Player to "Sony Playstation". This feature must be supported by the Media Server.

III. Connected devises list
3a. Add some kind of icon showing that the port on the list is connected to the device
3b. Improve selecting connected devices - while sources list is open pressing source button should go to next connected port

3a. maybe an icon, or just the text that is also shown in the home menu
3b. yes, why not. this would make it consistent with the other buttons.

IV. autoupdate

There were problems with autoupdate from a running system - only booting in a special mode and update from USB was working reliable.
I'd rather do it manually. I also don't want my Toshiba notebook to do a BIOS update automatically.

But I agree: just an information box when a new Firmware version is available and a hint to go to the website would be really helpful.

I'll be glad to discuss it in more details and I truly want to know that Phillis is taking user feedback seriously (actually doing something about it).
They do, but it seems, they are low on manpower, so they start with the critical bugs first (sound drops and reboots).
Hopefully, they are given enough time by management for usability bugs, too.

Volly
01-16-2012, 06:23 PM
I have a problem on my TV 40pfl6606k:
- While using Net TV- TV reboots.
- When I switch sat channels - TV reboots
- When I switch TV channels - TV turns off
FW v0.14.93.0 not stable!

RomanSO
01-16-2012, 10:00 PM
I worry - why I don't see at least someone from Philips Team here in this topic? Where is Thomas or any one else? Though somebody from a Philips team reads our messages?

Volly
01-17-2012, 08:28 AM
I think that a Philips team to spit on problems of consumers...:(

Dentlmann
01-17-2012, 11:36 AM
55PL7606K/02, FW 14.93

My Experience after almost 4 weeks testing and trying:

My two main problems are gone:
- analogue TV Stations loosing their Favorite Flag - solved
- Sound broken or lost after switching between HDMI Inputs and external and internal sound - solved

After successfull updating and reboot of the TV - i pulled the power plug and waited about 10 minutes.
After that, i put back Power Plug, and switched TV on normally.

I am not using
- the internal media player, tried it once - but it is too uncomfortable
- NET TV, my internet speed seems to slow (2K)

michaelu
01-18-2012, 06:11 AM
I was a bit reluctant to upgrade to 14.93 via download and USB stick, but yesterday evening, when I returned home, my wife surprised me when she said the TV asked her to update and she obliged. Looking at the version, the TV was in fact upgraded to 14.93. So it seems the rollout via internet has started yesterday. (42PDL7906K)

meme80
01-18-2012, 07:29 AM
Philips,

I suggest to pay attention to this post (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?3772-Your-experiences-with-FW-v0.14.93.0-for-5806-6000-and-7000-series-(2011-models)&p=22750&viewfull=1#post22750).

Right now 45 people agree with the content of the post, it means that the requests is wide shared between customers.

To all the people in this thread, if you agree (or disagree) with my request then continue to vote this poll (http://polldaddy.com/poll/5827571/) to show to Philips your voice.

Any valuable Company take into account the feedback from the Client.

Volly
01-18-2012, 06:14 PM
You demand the impossible from Philips. They and in this software can't rectify all errors...:D

icefall01
01-18-2012, 09:28 PM
Hi, I have an 42PFL7656K/02 with Firmware 14.93.

Wehen I watch german privat HD channel like RTL HD, Pro7 HD etc. I have very often artifacts. I did not find any confiuration to supress that.

Does anybody have the same problems, or know how to fix it?

Kelheimer
01-19-2012, 04:15 AM
Hi, I have an 42PFL7656K/02 with Firmware 14.93.

Wehen I watch german privat HD channel like RTL HD, Pro7 HD etc. I have very often artifacts. I did not find any confiuration to supress that.

Does anybody have the same problems, or know how to fix it?

Run "Perfect Natural Motion" to off? Dynamic Contrast I have to "Off." Had the same problems.

teal
01-19-2012, 05:50 AM
Please allow to watch mkv files over 4GB

panel
01-19-2012, 06:04 AM

Interesting. For me, this actually works pretty well (no difference to browsing USB). Are you using wireless? If so, can you check your connection quality?

I have lan connection. I am talking that for me inference animations aren't smooth at all, so the overall experience is poor. I believe the goal would be to make it look like apple products. Can you post the video of DLNa file browsing, so I can see you speed or at least can you confirm that this works the same for both of us :>

Does work for me on TVersity. But I had to set the Media Player to "Sony Playstation". This feature must be supported by the Media Server.

Thx for the info. I'll try this

There were problems with autoupdate from a running system - only booting in a special mode and update from USB was working reliable.
I'd rather do it manually. I also don't want my Toshiba notebook to do a BIOS update automatically.

But I agree: just an information box when a new Firmware version is available and a hint to go to the website would be really helpful.

Hp notebooks do this ;)
Besides I am a uses so I can have message displayed and decide. If I check manually for the update and there is no version available (at least according to tv when I know there is) it seems weird. The question raises - does this feature works? is it complete? is it buggy? Why does it not inform me about software update...

RomanSO
01-19-2012, 06:24 AM
Please allow to watch mkv files over 4GB
The size is not a problem. The problem is not supported codecs. I look mkv in the size 10+ Gb.

But! PHILIPS, please make support more of codecs that it was possible to use normally the built in player at last!

Plus switching of audiopaths and other wishes, one thousand times stated at this forum! :mad:

Nikolay
01-19-2012, 07:15 AM
I have the 42PFL7606H/12 TV and i use the Egreat R200S meadia player for 3D movies. fiew days ago i installed this update. Now i meet some problems viewing 3D contens. first of all the function that recognized automaticly the 3D contents dissappeared and in generally using 3D conents now some different.
Is it possible to remove the update, or may be other solution?

panel
01-19-2012, 08:12 AM
I have the 42PFL7606H/12 TV and i use the Egreat R200S meadia player for 3D movies. fiew days ago i installed this update. Now i meet some problems viewing 3D contens. first of all the function that recognized automaticly the 3D contents dissappeared and in generally using 3D conents now some different.
Is it possible to remove the update, or may be other solution?
As usual it's possible, but not advice by Philips and you'll properly loose warranty.
Sad truth, let's all hope Philips take our problems seriously and address them fast.

teal
01-19-2012, 08:13 AM
The size is not a problem. The problem is not supported codecs. I look mkv in the size 10+ Gb.

But! PHILIPS, please make support more of codecs that it was possible to use normally the built in player at last!

Plus switching of audiopaths and other wishes, one thousand times stated at this forum! :mad:
I know about the codecs, but I also read about 4GB file limit. Are you 100% sure it's just the codecs ?

Nikolay
01-19-2012, 12:50 PM
As usual it's possible, but not advice by Philips and you'll properly loose warranty.
Sad truth, let's all hope Philips take our problems seriously and address them fast.

Can I request from Philips technician to install the original software instead of updated without loosing warrently?

RomanSO
01-19-2012, 01:28 PM
I know about the codecs, but I also read about 4GB file limit. Are you 100% sure it's just the codecs ?
- I am assured that on firmware 14.93 and previous looked films in the size more 10Gb.

dog soldier
01-19-2012, 05:58 PM
- I am assured that on firmware 14.93 and previous looked films in the size more 10Gb.

i can also assure...files over 4gb are no problem...

AndreasCornelisse
01-21-2012, 06:45 PM
Hi there,

after the update to software 0.14.93.0 my Philips 47PFL7606 doesn't play it's sound trough my home cinema system. THe easylink settings are correct. The HDMI cable is connected proberly on the ARC HDMI on my tv and connected to my home cinema ARC OUT.

This happend after my software update. Before the update my home cinema system worked perfectly.

PANASONIC SC-BTT370 3D Blu-ray Home Cinema Systeem

I hope you can help me with a new software update. I can't do without my home cinema system!

Toengel
01-21-2012, 07:50 PM
Hi,

try on both devices:

- deactivate Easylink
- deactivate ARC
- standby devices
- pull power cord for 2-3 minutes
- restart both devices
- activate both Easylink and ARC
- restart devices

Toengel@Alex

edgarcadorim
01-21-2012, 10:37 PM
Hi.

After my TV made this update I have a bug when I power it on, it's a 40PFL5806D/78R
It shows a Philips sign with a Black bar on the left, like the image isnt centered, after this screen, it shows the sign I used to have before, the right one.
It looks like TV is damaged, but it isnt, its just a config error in this firmware version.

Please remove this first outcentered sign, its anoying.

Thanks.
Best Regards.

PS: Can someone confirm if this TV can run RMV/RMVB files? It says it can on codec list, but when I put these files on my pendrive it doesnt show at file list.

AndreasCornelisse
01-22-2012, 07:02 AM
Hi,

try on both devices:

- deactivate Easylink
- deactivate ARC
- standby devices
- restart both devices
- restart devices

Toengel@Alex

Hi Toengel,

Thanx for your help! The home cinema system works perfectly again!
Keep up the good work!

Andreas

Pjotr123
01-22-2012, 09:35 AM
Based on all complains here I'm happy I've not upgraded so far. I will continue running on .83 version, which does well for me at the moment.

Nevertheless it's strange there isn't a rollback facility in the software. So it's gambling. Does the new software add something for me? If it doesn't and introduces several anoying stability issues, there is no way to go back to the previous version.

What kind of developer introduced this procedure?

Volly
01-22-2012, 10:28 AM
Hi.

After my TV made this update I have a bug when I power it on, it's a 40PFL5806D/78R
It shows a Philips sign with a Black bar on the left, like the image isnt centered, after this screen, it shows the sign I used to have before, the right one.
It looks like TV is damaged, but it isnt, its just a config error in this firmware version.

Please remove this first outcentered sign, its anoying.

Thanks.
Best Regards.
I confirm this.

whoppi
01-22-2012, 03:03 PM
Just updated my philips 46pfl6606t to FW 000.014.093.000 and now my philips media connect software are expering problems.
No sound can be transferred to tv, picture seems ok though.
anyone else got philips media connect working with sound on the latest FW release?

whoppi
01-22-2012, 03:20 PM
Yes, i have the exact problem on my 46pfl6606t with fw 0.14.93

- Sometimes tv reboots when changing channels.

- sometimes sound disappears when changing channels, it comes back if press forward and back one channel.

- Now philips mediaconnect have no sound, but picture is still working via mediaconnect.

whoppi
01-22-2012, 03:45 PM
Philips mediaconnect now works thanks to this post....

Hi,

try on both devices:

- deactivate Easylink
- deactivate ARC
- standby devices
- restart both devices
- restart devices

Toengel@Alex

csc
01-22-2012, 05:24 PM
Hi im using the firmware 000.014.093.000, 2011-12-22 for three weeks and i must say its horrible...
Its very annoying to release such a software...
Is it possible do downgrade with a old version i have?

The TVGuide doesn´t work half of the time. So its not possible to record something... Very "Great".....
The TV tries over minutes to connect and shows a blank screen but nothing happens. Only a small blue "ok" is shown at upper left corner.

When i read all this problems, its very embarrassing for philips. Maybe they should mark such firmware as "alpha" ?!?!? Sorry but i paid much for this Product...Good TV but very bad software...

Volly
01-22-2012, 06:21 PM
Firmware downgrade is possible. You do that at your own Risk!
Restart TV (through the menu), turn power off (not standby), press and hold "cursor down" in remote control and turn power on. There will be a menu for software change.

01-23-2012, 07:20 AM
After upgrading my 7606 from 84 to 93 'Dynamic Contrast' does not work anymore. Chatted with Philips and they confirmed the problem. They are working on the problem. Anyone else?

csc
01-23-2012, 05:10 PM
You are not alone... Once again, a very "great" piece of software. Thank you philips, thank you.............

edgarcadorim
01-23-2012, 05:59 PM
My TV asked about updating and I choosed "yes" unfortanelly.
I have a 40PFL5806 and everytime I power it on now, I have an outcentered white screen that looks like my TV has a problem, but its just another error on firmware. It's really annoying.

I usually learn from my mistakes, next time I see that a update is available I will wait for 90 days to see what "surprise" I will have with it.

I wish I could downgrade it back, my TV was better that way, but I'm not risking it, it may "kill" my TV and need calling repair. They should make another version of firmware like it was before. Not everyone uses DLNA, having an option to shut it down would be better.

Volly
01-23-2012, 06:18 PM
edgarcadorim
I have returned on 14.076 without problems. From Philips it is more dangerous to put new firmware, than old...:D

01-23-2012, 06:19 PM
You are not alone... Once again, a very "great" piece of software. Thank you philips, thank you.............

Chatted again with Philips today. They told me, there will be an update. So hope dies last ...

edgarcadorim
01-23-2012, 06:42 PM
edgarcadorim
I have returned on 14.076 without problems. From Philips it is more dangerous to put new firmware, than old...:D

I dont know for sure. I bougth this TV 3 weeks ago and I dont feel like risking yet. :)

I wont hurt if Philips choose, some members from this forum, to test a new firmware before releasing it. Like a beta version many developers make it. I bet for each member that point a bug in this forum, there is thousants that just get mad and dont ask support or register to post it. So the problem is way bigger that you see. They might not buy/recommend Philips products in the future.
Philips should take this problem more seriously.

01-23-2012, 08:21 PM
... I bet for each member that point a bug in this forum, there is thousants that just get mad and dont ask support or register to post it. So the problem is way bigger that you see. They might not buy/recommend Philips products in the future. Philips should take this problem more seriously. ...

+1, but they do not

samoz83
01-24-2012, 05:37 PM
Would be nice if there was more input from the Philips team here....

nyehehe
01-24-2012, 08:51 PM
It is ridiculous that we have to write here begging the "Philips team" to participate in this discussion and fix the bugs.
Philips sold us a piece of crap. Philips is supposed to call back all these tvs until they will be able to make a properly working tv set.

nyehehe
01-24-2012, 08:59 PM
I dont know for sure. I bougth this TV 3 weeks ago and I dont feel like risking yet. :)

I wont hurt if Philips choose, some members from this forum, to test a new firmware before releasing it. Like a beta version many developers make it. I bet for each member that point a bug in this forum, there is thousants that just get mad and dont ask support or register to post it. So the problem is way bigger that you see. They might not buy/recommend Philips products in the future.
Philips should take this problem more seriously.

I totally agree with the last part.
I will never buy a Philips shit in my life.
I don't understand how it is possible to sell something that is not working!
Just imagine you buy a car and from the first day you have to stay at the service with it and practically it is not meant for daily use, just stare at your new car.

Shockwave
01-25-2012, 06:55 AM
55PFL7606 firmware 14.93
Goggle Translate:

The TV turns itself off again after 2 hours. No Philips logo at the start. 4 weeks, it worked great. And now? The "Bild" app can not be deleted. Reset brings no improvement.
The EPG is crap. Every second day new channel to identify. One minute to update the page.
I hate it.
Why does not Philips this problem under control?
Writes the new firmware and do not bring the error of a TV series in the next TV series.
We are not a beta tester! Philips is probably no value to customer loyalty. That was my last Philips.

German

Der TV schaltet sich sich wieder nach 2 Stunden ab. Kein Philips Logo beim starten. 4 Wochen läuft es gut. Und nun? Die Bild App lässt sich nicht löschen. Reset bringt keine besserung.
Der EPG ist Schrott. Jeden zweiten Tag Kanal neu identifizieren. Eine Minute bis zum Update der Seite.
Ich hasse es.
Warum bekommt Philips diese Probleme nicht in den Griff?
Schreibt die Firmware neu und bring nicht die Fehler einer TV-Serie in die nächste TV-Serie.
Wir sind keine Betatester! Philips legt vermutlich keinen wert auf Kundenbindung. Das war mein letzter Philips.

Greetings Shockwave

Volly
01-25-2012, 09:07 AM
The next time I buy a TV the other firm. I also had problems with Philips DVD, and also because of bad Firmware. Shame!:mad:

BrunoQuiocca
01-25-2012, 02:05 PM
Just to remember...

YouTube app is STILL NOT WORKING!

Toengel
01-25-2012, 03:13 PM
Hi,

what is not working exactly?

Toengel@Alex

BrunoQuiocca
01-25-2012, 03:17 PM
Until last night, it wasn't even opening.
My tv is a 40PFL5806D/78

Edit= Jan 26: Still not opening.

musikreaktor
01-25-2012, 07:22 PM
Hi to everyone. My TV is a 42PFL7606K/02.
At this moment the IP-EPG page (again) is not reachable. So I neither can record Desperate Housewives nor getting access to my recordings.
Most of the time even "the network is not reachable", although IP-address is given by the router. Sometimes only a restart helps, some time not.
Sometimes during "zapping" the sreen getting black, sound stays on. Newstart helps.
HbbTV implementation is in a alpha development status. Sluggish or hanging, despite a quick internet connection. Playback of larger files from e.g. ZDF-Mediathek often display error messages like "the requested file could not be played back" (free translation from German into English;-).
Many, many more little but annoying bugs... Next month I'll change from DVB-T to DVB-C and will get a new receiver from the provider. Than the TV will only serve as a simple monitor. I'll hope it can handle its new role.
Sorry Philips! Nice design, nice picture quality, but very bad software quality!
musikreaktor

fmarcano
01-25-2012, 08:57 PM
My TV (a 37PFL7606H, firmware 0.14.93.0) hangs everytime any HbbTV error happens. I can't see the error message, because screen goes to black immediately, but sometimes it seems to appear something related to a HTTP error and a missing XML file. I have to turn off /on the TV set to unblock it.

Dudusat
01-25-2012, 08:58 PM
this firmware has been updated once again on youtube did not pay more.
0.14.93.0 The update has a problem with the wifi-media connect.
after the date does not work anymore as it was before

Dudusat
01-25-2012, 09:00 PM
where I get the firmware version
Q5552_0.10.107.

TVMechanic
01-25-2012, 10:20 PM
Hi Alex,
In my experience, there stil may be some bugs in the firmware. Every now and then, there is no sound (I use the headphone output as feed to my audio system, TV speakers are switched off). Switching the TV speakers on and back off, solves this problem.
Further, I have an Apple TV connected to HDMI-2. This device is no longer visible when I select the 'home' button. I can choose the input with the 'source' button on the remote, and then the device name (Apple TV) is displayed.
Not being able to choose the input from the 'home' page, means that I can't change/ delete this input.

47PFL7606

musikreaktor
01-26-2012, 05:58 AM
My TV (a 37PFL7606H, firmware 0.14.93.0) hangs everytime any HbbTV error happens. I can't see the error message, because screen goes to black immediately, but sometimes it seems to appear something related to a HTTP error and a missing XML file. I have to turn off /on the TV set to unblock it.

Hello fmarcano,
this happens to my tv very often, IF the TV could establish a working network connection (the lan connection between TV and my home net is always ok). This morning I quickly wanted to check some news with an app but again the TV tries to connect to the network but nothing happened.

This is very frustrating, user-unfriendly and I hope Philips will eliminate these many errors soon.

musikreaktor

assafsh
01-26-2012, 08:55 AM
if the download contains an old version, just download again in a different language (files are multilingual)

If all files are the same - no difference between languages - the download interface is misleading. You should remove the misleading language selection drop down, don't you?.

doener
01-27-2012, 06:22 PM
I have also now de sound stutter bug on my 55 7606K02 TV.
Has someone also problems to control the PS3 over HDMI CEC with the TV Remote? It jumps often 2 or 3 menu entrys instead of one.

My configuration is:
TV Connected to german cable tv where i mix the free digital channels and the anolog channels.
TV is connected over etherner to a router.
HDMI1: Digital Cabel TV recorder without CEC funktionality from unitymedia. (sound stuttering)
HDMI2: Computer
HDMI3: Playstation 3
Ext1 (scart): Xbox 1
USB1: external Harddisk

Issues:

Sound stuttering
Digital Recievers without cec connection dialog fails. When i turn on the Cable reciever on HDMI1 the TV adds always a menu entry to the home screen. But then it starts seaching the device and after 30 seconds it fails to connect with it. The screen is gray and i have to press the back button to get the normal view. Is there a way to disable CEC only for one HDMI port? so i dont have to press the gray menu always away?
youtube app is anoying with its autoplay functionality and ugly menu!
Ambilight flickering with PS3 and other devices in 3D mode
Firmware generally SLOW animations
ugly and slow EPG

Question to Philips:
Why counts the 7606k02 to the 5808 and 6000 series? logically for me the 7606 series has more to do withe the higher models because of its Ambilight, 3D and recorder functionality.

Question to Philips:
There are now 21 pages of complaining users in one moth about the current firmware (14.93 all series together).
And there a no statements from philips and eaven somebody writes here that they are not working on a new firmware and philips dosent say anithing about it. So is it true?

Toengel
01-27-2012, 06:48 PM
Hi,

Q1: they share the same firmware (of course not all functions are available due to hardware limitations in all series). Also the firmware for these series are mostly published at the same time.

Toengel@Alex

smejooo
01-30-2012, 11:35 AM
It is a very sad story with Philips SW.

I just read a flash-news about Philips economic performance in my local news portal.
Also there were a notice that TV division is in quite deep sh*t.

Do you really wonder why?

I don´t!

I like the screen, I like ambilight. But ....

but SW is terrible. And that is the problem. I will never ever give good recommendation to my friend, to my family. Just because of SW.

Philips, please WAKE UP! There is no such a way for survive in this industry without quality. In this case - SW quality.
Please don´t make hostages from your customers.
We really don´t care where all the facories were moved.
We don´t care who is holding production.
It is not a correct way to save money by reducing SW development team!
If you don´t have enough manpower, then please ask your manager. Maybe your manager will ask his manager who will ask his manager, and maybe somebody will wake up and realize that this could be truth.

Keep in mind that if the SW will be such a shit like it actually is,
you´ll probably need to look for a new job, as one day Philips might end up with TVs.

WAKE UP!

Thx
hopefully one day satisfied and happy customer
Martin

panel
01-30-2012, 11:54 AM
Sadly but true

I am with @smejoo - I bought TV because of hardware and I didn't imagine that such base features as rewind or video codec support may work so poorly. At this point I wouldn't recommend Philips TV to anyone. Personally I stopped using Philips frimeware for watching videos (usb or DLNA). Software is slow lacking many features and its just unreliable\unusable. Truly it's faster for me to take laptop connect it to TV and start video then using build in TV software. Besides there is big advantage with using laptop - every video is working!!! Shame I can't say this about default software :(

Personalty I lost my hope. I believe only way to fix software is to allow running on the tv open software created by community other wise I doubt something will change in near future.

BrunoQuiocca
01-30-2012, 12:06 PM
Open software is a very good idea.
I'm with you all.

And I've found a little new bug.

When I use the HDMI ports, (for my laptop and PS3), everything is fine. Although, when I press Source, and go to "watch TV" (or in portuguese "Assistir TV"), the tv goes to the first channel detected, channel 3 VHF, not the channel that I was watching before (normally is channel 32 UHF DTV). It doesn't have a trigger to happening or not. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.
And the "return" button does not work to quickly swap to previous source (I.E. tv to hdmi, then back to hdmi), as it happens on my old 42PFL3604. Another simple thing missing.

i_am_so_disappointed
01-31-2012, 04:58 PM
After weeks of reading about errors and dealing with not working software I decided to replace my Philips TV by a Panasonic TV. The Panasonic software looks much better, no reboots, offered functionality works as expected, etc.

As mentioned several times, the hardware (picture and ambilight) is great, but the software is really terrible.

I'm working since about 20 years as a sw developer. If I would deliver such a piece of software my customers will kick my ass !

So I've to say goodbye philips, maybe there will be a second chance in 2-3 years.

Until then I pray to god, please send brain down to earth, but don't miss the netherlands again (:rolleyes: or wherever the software is written).

Bye.

V4Friend
01-31-2012, 06:55 PM
Truly it's faster for me to take laptop connect it to TV and start video then using build in TV software. Besides there is big advantage with using laptop - every video is working!!! Shame I can't say this about default software :(

Hi panel,
I'm thinking of making a similar set-up: I want to use a small PC as media player and watch the video on my TV via HDMI. What software are you using to play the video's? And is it possible to play 3D video's that way?

Until then I pray to god, please send brain down to earth, but don't miss the netherlands again ( or wherever the software is written).
Hi i_am_so_disappointed,
I surely hope the software isn't written in Holland, since I am a genuine Dutch software engineer :o I must admit: Philips has gravely underestimated the task of the software in its TV's.

nyehehe
01-31-2012, 08:46 PM
Ohhh my!
I am cursing that day when I bought my 42PFL7606T/12 shitbox.
This IP-tvguide is absolutely a stupid work.
Now 5th times in row it just not recognises my usb harddisk. I tried two usb drives, it doesn't matter, because the SW is a crap. It shows that I have some recordings on the harddrive, but it says that "Please connect storage" and I can't access my recordings.

I have tested the harddrives oon my Grundig tv and it works perfect and I can even use it with my PC after I made recordings on it. The problem is produced every time on the Philips even if it formats the disk and I make a few recordings, I can watch back the recordings afterwards and I do not plug out the harddisk or something, just suddenly, I can't access it any longer. WHY????????

Another thing that happens quite often: when I change channels, especially between HD channels I got message error: " Disk write error. Please check your usb disk" or something. It is not about the capabilities of the harddisk, because I can record HD channels with the Grundig tv.

It does not matter how good is the hardware, when the software is totally useless. If I would use the tv just watching tv programes I wouldn't pay 1.000 Euro for it. I payed this money to use those features that Philips wrote on the product sheet. I did not signed to be a software tester !!!

panel
01-31-2012, 09:13 PM
I'm working since about 20 years as a sw developer. If I would deliver such a piece of software my customers will kick my ass !
I am Also developer and I 100% agree. This software looks like alpha or early beta, definitely not final release.

Hi panel,
I'm thinking of making a similar set-up: I want to use a small PC as media player and watch the video on my TV via HDMI. What software are you using to play the video's? And is it possible to play 3D video's that way?

I invested more cash to buy TV witch should work as 'media center', but since this is crap and I don't watch so much movies I decided not to invest more money in media center PC.
I am just using my laptop with best codecs from shark (http://shark007.net/) and standard video player.
But if you wanna own pc there are many 'media center' softwares. Example may be power cinema (http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powercinema/overview_en_US.html?&r=1), here are few more (http://www.techsupportalert.com/content/best-free-media-center-software.htm), but propably you'll find even more.

Ohhh my!
I did not signed to be a software tester !!!
I agree!

Wombat
01-31-2012, 11:21 PM
Philips BDP-5180 together with PFL-7656 leads to clicks still while playback even when claimed this is fixed. Changing HDMI cables does not change this. Since the update to 14.93 the remote key functions to the BDP with the TV remote crashes when used and never come back until a reboot.
Besides that i have several different problems already mentioned. This PFL-7656 is only usable as Monitor. For getting satisfied usage you need a dedicated device for doing the jobs the TV promises to do but simply suffers to serve well. It´s a shame, really.

panel
02-01-2012, 05:38 AM
It´s a shame, really.
Buying laptop you assume it will have WiFi, buying phone you will assume you'll be able to make calls, buying mouse you assume it will have buttons....it's just matter of base usability principles/standards.

Philips definitely broke those standards. Mega shame, mega shame!

TVMechanic
02-01-2012, 10:08 AM
I didn't use the 'old' software very long, but it seems that with this new version, the TV reboots more often. This happens often when returning from net-apps.

kingboa
02-02-2012, 11:59 AM
Never seen such a software. There r more bugs than software :mad:
I have kind of software which seems to work only when the sun is shining. Many weeks I have to switch my TV 5-10 times off and on to get a picture. This behavoir I could recognized in 9 from 10 cases. Now, we have more sunshine outside, the TV makes only in 5 from 10 cases no picture. I can't understand such a behavoir. There is no logical reason why it does that!

Peter Walker
02-02-2012, 02:52 PM
Philips 42" Full-HD TV (2011 model) 42PFL7666K/02. FW 000.014.093.000
Philips 3D Blu Ray player (2011 model) BDP3280/12. FW V2.22

I am having problems with the Picture zoom settings on my TV.

When viewing a TV program (TNG) broadcast in 4:3 ratio, I can correctly expand the image horizontally to fill the screen if I want to (both stretched and zoomed).

When I play a video on Net TV (tested with a trailer in viewster and a program on the BBC iPlayer), the Super Zoom and Movie Expand 16:9 settings expand the image vertically instead of horizontally!!

When I play a 4:3 Blue Ray movie (tested with Star Trek: The Next Generation® – The Next Level Blu-ray Disc™) on my Philips Blu Ray player, I have the same problem of the image being stretched vertically instead of horizontally.

I hope Philips can investigate and fix these issues. When I want to expand the width of a 4:3 program, I do not want the imaged stretched vertically instead of horizontally. If you need further details, simply ask here or contact me directly.

Regards

Peter

Toengel
02-02-2012, 02:54 PM
Hi,

there are no 4:3 BD discs. They are always 16:9. However, 4:3 content is published with black bars on the left and right...

Toengel@Alex

doener
02-02-2012, 03:07 PM
not mentioned issue:

Enabling 3D dosent work directly.
If I see a SBS movie or game with my notebook or PS3. The firsttime I enable 3D Left/Right on the tv dosent work( still se the SBS picture) but its activated in the menu. Then i have to click on SBS Top/Bottem then the picture is like expected (a total mess because of the SBS left right content on a SBS top bottem enabled screen). Then I have to switch back to SBS Left Right with the tv remote. And then finaly I have the propper/expected 3D picture.

I have to this prozedur everytime I want to enable SBS left right. (Its also a bad commercial for philips everyone who wants to se the 3D of this tv sees this behaviour).

I Think we need a law which says that The Company which produces Hardware Produkts which are not working propperly or are not supported anymore have to publish all informations about the produkt and software to enable rewriting of software by a opensource community for this produkts.

That would help to stop the Companys to think just from year to year.
Then they would have two Options support the device and fix the sw. Or they have to open their produkts for cummunity development.

Peter Walker
02-02-2012, 06:22 PM
there are no 4:3 BD discs. They are always 16:9. However, 4:3 content is published with black bars on the left and right...

Even so, no reason to expand the video vertically instead of horizontally when you select Movie Expand 16:9. Additionally, this problem exists on Net-TV videos as well (I have not even tried USB videos yet).

Regards

Peter

Volly
02-02-2012, 08:43 PM
New firmware
Q5551_0.14.95.0 (Date published: 2012-02-01)
• Added an option to disable the deletion of channels in background install. (Only applicable to Kmodels)
• Teletext is not working on ZIGGO channel. (Only applicable to country, Netherlands)
• Movie stops by itself when you watch a rented movie from an online video store.
• Unable to activate MHEG (with the red button) on a MHEG channel.
• Ambilight flashes intermittently. (Only applicable to 7000 series)

nyehehe
02-02-2012, 10:26 PM
New firmware
• Added an option to disable the deletion of channels in background install. (Only applicable to Kmodels)
• Teletext is not working on ZIGGO channel. (Only applicable to country, Netherlands)
• Movie stops by itself when you watch a rented movie from an online video store.

Philips - Thomas
in fact we don't "give a shit" thats why edit your posting.
Watch your Language!

Volly
02-03-2012, 07:19 PM
The next beta software. All of us a beta testers. Only the Philips doesn't consider our reports.
Take back your TV and return to me my money!!! :mad:

Why Philips not correct the TV freezing at rewind of films in the built in player?

GPDawes
02-06-2012, 06:58 PM
I am returning a 7606 had a few dead pixels upon installation from new.
Have asked for a refund.

Loved ambilight and the picture.Sound better than expected.
Played a few files off my audio/video Synology NAS.

My first impressions before reboxing.

1)Media player had no track or album artwork.
2)EPG sucked. Where is the overlayed view with now and next on all channels, as almost every other set has?
A cheek to call it an EPG really, in my opinion.
3) Apps, promises of more e.g. Skype would be nice.
4) Flac support for audio ( the new media box has it, get the codec from the developers)
(*not sure if flac did play native or was being transcoded to be honest, did not play too long before reboxing)

Would ideally love to replace the set with another Philips but am again decision making.
My concerns
No one from Philips replying to this forum, sounds like us users need some authoritative promises.
Number of problems reported by users and no problem tracking system access to read proper tech feedback of workarounds or estimates of fixes.

Perhaps a Smart TV implies s/w is developed and tested by smart people.:)
Will this software ever work or be dumped , patched and the developers move onto 2012 models.?
No point in buying a smart TV which don't work and you need to have a smarter media box connected.
Might as well buy a cheaper TV.

Come on Philips talk to us here!

Any roadmap for apps, netflix, lovefilm, Skype etc???

Am a software develoepr with 20+ years experience, if you need some technical testing/debugging , ideas let me know.

edgarcadorim
02-07-2012, 12:52 AM
Best hope WE have here, it this entire firmware going opensource and some good programmers "buying the cause" of making better software for us.
Just release an APP SDK for us, Philips. You can even make a contest and choose best APPs to receive prizes. Samsung does it.
It looks like they don't remeber about this forum, 13 pages of consumers complaining of bugs and not a single answer from development team. Shame

Peter Walker
02-07-2012, 06:32 AM
As far as I am concerned, the development team do not need to answer on this forum (that would just take their time away from working on the software). They simply need one person at Philips to note down and test internally the bugs reported here and send the confirmed list to the engineers to fix.

The only answer I am interested in, is to see the bugs, we have reported here, fixed in the next update. If it takes 2 or 3 updates to fix them all, I am sure we can live with that too, but please show us our bug reports are being fixed and we will all be much happier with our Philips TVs. That would be good for sales too, as lots of potential buyers look here before buying (I know I did).

So Philips development team, PLEASE fix at least some of the bugs reported here, in the next software (firmware?) update, and all will be forgiven ...

Regards

Peter

Volly
02-07-2012, 08:41 AM
Strange behavior of the Phillips teams. Support forum, where there is no customer support...

Toengel
02-07-2012, 08:53 AM
Hi,

dear all - please install the latest firmware 14.95 and post your feedback here: http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?4467-Your-experiences-with-FW-v0.14.95.0-for-5806-6000-and-7000-series-(2011-models)

Toengel@Alex

Perpetual Beta
02-07-2012, 10:34 AM
My TV: 42PFL7456K/02, Firmware 14.93.0, DVB-C (Unitymedia)

I want to renumber the most viewed channels with userfriendly numbers (e.g. 1 to 30). Unfortunately the favourite lists doesn't support own numbers.
But i can't, because several channel numbers are not present after install (e.g. 3, 6, 8, 9).
Any workaround out there?
When will the channel list editor be released to the public?

I have disallowed background install after install events occured several times a day followed e.g. by an automatic shutdown.
I don't use my TV as a programming adventure game.
The only reason for me to upgrade to 14.95.0 or higher: Something's got better.

firefox
02-12-2012, 03:20 PM
@Toengel, any headsup on new firmware releases? Or is phillips going to dump their current clientbase and forget them ...

Toengel
02-12-2012, 03:22 PM
Hi,

only Philips knows...

Toengel@Alex

panel
02-13-2012, 07:47 PM
New firmware

Wow, in about 1,5 months 'philips team' manages to fix only 5 things.

Very impresive
LOL

Nettle
02-13-2012, 08:01 PM
Wow, in about 1,5 months 'philips team' manages to fix only 5 things.

Very impresive
LOL

Better than nothing.

Regards

panel
02-13-2012, 08:56 PM
Better than nothing.
Regards

Nettle honestly. Taking under consideration num of reported bugs and usability problems, and general development speed of software this is practically at 'Nothing' level.

I wonder what other users will think about this.

Nettle
02-13-2012, 09:31 PM
Nettle honestly. Taking under consideration num of reported bugs and usability problems, and general development speed of software this is practically at 'Nothing' level.

I wonder what other users will think about this.

I'm listed in this forum since December 2010 and I became disenchanted.

I've already express my opinion regarding how Philips is managing this huge quantity of complaints/bugs/issues.

What could come as solution is welcome. :(

Regards

panel
02-14-2012, 09:52 AM
Here you are, solutions:

1. Create bug reporting system which will be available for users and development team. Allow users to report bug/improvements but also assign one person to manage all tasks (put forum reports into system, manage duplicates etc.).
2. Allow voting for issue so philips will know what is more important for users
3. Seriously think again about team working speed and THINK how to improve it
4. Give user the choice - make SW open source.

Nettle
02-14-2012, 10:22 AM
Here you are, solutions:

1. Create bug reporting system which will be available for users and development team. Allow users to report bug/improvements but also assign one person to manage all tasks (put forum reports into system, manage duplicates etc.).
2. Allow voting for issue so philips will know what is more important for users
3. Seriously think again about team working speed and THINK how to improve it
4. Give user the choice - make SW open source.

Dear Panel,

these are good points. But..

a) for experience there're already post of Toengel that are monitoring the bug status (for the different TV models).

b) good point too but, in my opinion, Philips is already aware of it (is enough look at the replies or complaints on the same issue in this forum.

c) ask to Philips for the answer

d) if you want to develop something with these TV models yu can ask for it to Philips directly. Everyone is welcome.

Regards

panel
02-14-2012, 10:59 AM
a). I am not saying about monitoring post, but about proper dedicated solution witch may be used by users and developers like JIRA. I don't see a point to create two independent systems do you?

b) The truth is that dedicated system would clean up the mess and. I think each issue should be independent. Just take look at JIRA for FDT:
independent issues, voting, ability to choose what goes into next version, users feedback, priorities, and project managers actually care about feedback, etc - this is how user feedback should be managed properly
http://bugs.powerflasher.com/jira/secure/Dashboard.jspa

c) I have written few posts, but honestly I didn't got any valuable response from philips.

d) Sure I can, and I did. After few posts and reading discussion Honestly as I see now, there is very very small chance for software improvements.
Do I want new features? Yes I want, but first I want to improve\fix what we already have (go to page 8 if you are interested and see how much response I got from philips about it).

Nettle
02-14-2012, 11:19 AM
c) I have written few posts, but honestly I didn't got any valuable response from philips.

Dea rPanel,

have you sent a private message to the PHilips Mod or only posts in the forum?

It works.

Regards

panel
02-14-2012, 11:22 AM
Private message is good idea and I can do this, but still isn't this topic all about 'experience with FW'? Isn't the goal of this topic to give philips feedback and discuss with philips and moderators about FW?

Nettle
02-14-2012, 11:27 AM
Private message is good idea and I can do this, but still isn't this topic all about 'experience with FW'? Isn't the goal of this topic to give philips feedback and discuss with philips and moderators about FW?

Yes but if you say after several post the replies were "not valuable",
I'd try my proposal.

Regards

panel
02-14-2012, 11:40 AM
I'll definitely try Nettle :)

Dentlmann
02-22-2012, 01:50 PM
55PL7606K/02, FW 14.93

My Experience after almost 4 weeks testing and trying:

My two main problems are gone:
- analogue TV Stations loosing their Favorite Flag - solved
- Sound broken or lost after switching between HDMI Inputs and external and internal sound - solved

After successfull updating and reboot of the TV - i pulled the power plug and waited about 10 minutes.
After that, i put back Power Plug, and switched TV on normally.

I am not using
- the internal media player, tried it once - but it is too uncomfortable
- NET TV, my internet speed seems to slow (2K)

Update:
Broken Sound is still there after switching HDMI Inputs and external / internal sound.

I will not update to next Firmware. And i am very sad that Philips is so quiet in these Firmware Threads ....