PDA

View Full Version : sync problems SACNT16K/12 songbird windows vista



DIJK
12-23-2011, 01:34 PM
Songbird is great, but the sync doesn't work completely correct: some of the metadata is missing on my device, i'v got 160 songs from the artist <unknown>, while Songbird on my PC knows all artists, for all songs and for all albums.

Second problem, maybe related: I only get about half of the album art onto my device.

I checked the file format for the album art, but that's the same for all album art, all JPG. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to correct this problem?

kwheels33
12-25-2011, 09:47 PM
Same model and same problem, except I have 573 songs that are under the unknown category... I haven't noticed the album art problem but I've probably been too distracted by the unknown artist thing. Hope we find a solution

I just looked through my files that are "Unknown Artist" and noticed that they are all Windows Media Audio (.wma) files, files that were ripped from a cd... every song that is working right is an mp3 file, files downloaded directly to the computer. We need to make those .wma files into .mp3 files. I don't how to fix it from here, but I'm pretty sure this is the problem.

DIJK
12-27-2011, 08:42 PM
I've converted all .wma's to .mp3's, corrected all metadata, re-done ratings - took me several hours... But the result! ...nothing. All converted songs still are songs by the great <unknown> on my device.

Ah.. after deleting all songs, and then re-syncing, it works. So it was the .wma thing after all.

Thanks!