PDA

View Full Version : General- PFL6626H/12

Constantinos19
12-23-2011, 09:20 PM
This tv is my first Philips and i bought it with a lot of expectations. But i found it very difficult to navigate in menus and a dissapointing epg which you can't see while you are changing channels. A detailed thing but very important...also the epg change time all the time why?
I want Epg every time i change the channel.
Menu is from 90s very old black&white. Dissapointing too.
Net tv has nothing only 6 applications, so why you called it smart tv? See samsung to get inspired.
And last i try to play subtitles in tv with usb with english and Greek subs. English subs was playing fine but what about GREEK subs? Will you fix that? We want to be able to play greek subs (recognise greek subs).

Any solutions or new to be done about those things?

Toengel
12-24-2011, 09:47 AM
Hi,

be sure you installed the 14.93 firmware (see support website). Regarding the subs - try to convert the subs in UTF8...

Toengel@Alex

Constantinos19
12-24-2011, 01:13 PM
I have installed the latest software in support page 14.93. But the porblem is there. Why?

Toengel
12-24-2011, 03:42 PM
Hi,

a Now/Next EPG message is not displayed on any 2010 or 2011 TV...

Toengel@Alex

Constantinos19
12-24-2011, 04:20 PM
Hello again,

i wish i knew that(about epg). If i knew that i wouldnt have bought that tv. Philips is far behind and that surpise me.But now i have to live with it unfortunately.

About the subs i want to say that the english subs playing just fine but the tv doesnt recognise greek subs. I tried to make it utf08 but still nothing. When i use greek subs in srt it show chinese(unreadable language). Any solutions?

dave41542
12-24-2011, 04:26 PM
@Toengel
Do you know why there is no Now and Next EPG on recent models? do you think they will ever support it? my old Philips Freeview stand a loan unit did it and I was quite happy with it. I have the PFL6626T/12 model and I've noticed you can get a now and next when pressing "What's on" in options on the remote. Is there a way to programe the TV to display this when changing channels? you can change the font size for the channel info it would be nice if in the settings you could activate What's on wiht channel info.

Toengel
12-25-2011, 09:14 AM
Hi,

Now/Next: please see clarification 7 in that thread: http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?2223-Important-Bugs-which-need-to-be-fixed-in-2010-firmware-(TV550R1)

Toengel@Alex

Constantinos19
12-25-2011, 04:23 PM
Nice. So about Greek subs waht i can do?

Note: the firmware that i updated was in English but the latest one. Is that the problem? Do i need to update it in Greek?

Toengel
12-26-2011, 09:48 AM
Hi,

no - the updates are multilingual...

Toengel@Alex

Constantinos19
12-26-2011, 11:11 AM
So? Whats the problem?

zdravkoco
12-27-2011, 11:37 AM
Well.
Regards to all.
I am proud owner of TV set 40 PFL6626H/12.
One thing makes me annoying ant that is Channel List.
It is a like network of channels with name and numbers of each channel.
My opinion is that Philips can make LIST menu channel option.
So I can grab my remote control ,hit List (from top to bottom ,from No:1 to No: ....) and choose what Id like to see.
This network like Channel list have one annoying behavior.
If I have RTL channel in number 44.
If I hit channel list RTL number 44 will be in left side of screen and all other channels, if I browse thru channel and again press channel list, RTL number 44 will be in center screen or right side of screen, so I cant focus where I am.
It is great Tv but channel browsing is maybe better with list from top to bottom.

Constantinos19
01-02-2012, 12:56 PM
They told me that Philips does not support Greek subtitles. Is that true? If that is true i hope you will in next firmware..... Why i didn't buy Lg or Samsung i am sure they know where is Greece not Philips disaster