PDA

View Full Version : Lag issue with video games on model 40pfl3705d/f7

TONETZU
12-25-2011, 12:21 AM
OK , NOW THIS ISSUE MAYBE OLD BUT I JUST GOT THIS TV about a year and a half ago and just started playing alot of games on it.
There is a big lag between pushing a button and the action happening on the screen. With a PC and mouse it is really bad.
So i look up this issue and i see that there is a fix with a software update {ZPCF3FA_105_0_4008 ... - Video lag for computer and games.} OK, so i go the the website philips support or whatever and put in my model number 40PFL3705D/F7 and the update pops right up. i download the zip file extracts it to the root on the USB, unplug the TV insert the USB re-plug the TV and wait for the update. i get a message that says that the update version on the TV is already newer than the one on the USB drive:mad:. the update on the TV says zpcf3fa_066_1_4009. no i call Philips and the rep had no idea what to do.
I have read about this TV online and a lot of people says that this has been fixed with a software update... any info /help would be appreciated... i just want this to work correctly

Toengel
12-25-2011, 09:17 AM
Hi,

it depends on your serial number, which firmware you need to install. Please read this document: http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/4/40pfl3705d_f7/40pfl3705d_f7_fur_aen.pdf

Toengel@Alex

shankly1985
12-25-2011, 12:45 PM
Also look to see if TV has Game mode use that for games. I also know on my TV PC is HDMI1 this by passes all TV processing. Look at back and see if it has PC next to one of the HDMI ports. Thats if you are using HD for pc.

TONETZU
12-27-2011, 01:52 AM
THANK YOU FOR RESPONDING.
Yes i have turned the 120hz and there is a game setting in the presets and i have turned it on. also i read somewhere that it should be on HDMI 1 so i have the PC hooked up to it.

@Toengel@Alex i have downloaded that PDF it is the one that tells me about the update
the serial number starts with YA1 so i know the correct update, i also called support and they told me it was the correct one. but when i try to install it it will tell me that that update on the TV is newer then the one im trying to install.... and i call support again and they couldn't say anything.

I wouldn't be making a big deal out of this but i read online that this issue with this PC has been fix and the pic is awesome on the TV but i play a lot games and its becoming a annoying issue... im ready to sell/give it away just to get a good(working) TV
Ill never buy Philips again

Kyran64
03-05-2012, 01:25 AM
@Toengel@Alex i have downloaded that PDF it is the one that tells me about the update
the serial number starts with YA1 so i know the correct update, i also called support and they told me it was the correct one. but when i try to install it it will tell me that that update on the TV is newer then the one im trying to install.... and i call support again and they couldn't say anything.

I've spent the past couple hours tinkering with a friend's TV to solve the problem....and figured it out.

The update you downloaded that has the 'fix' is 4008 (or 4003 depending on the model of the TV).

The TV I was trying to fix had software 4009 on it....which in theory should have kept the lag fix from 4008...but alas. It did not.

So I changed the filename from 4008 to 4010 so the TV would think it's a newer update. The TV installed it perfectly and the lag is gone. It now thinks it has software update 4010.

So, in short:
To force the TV to install the correct firmware, change the filename to a higher number than what the TV says it has. DONE.