PDA

View Full Version : Getting BDP3100/12 to work with RC4495

Rasmus
12-25-2011, 11:45 AM
Hi.

I've tried the last couple of days, to get my dads 32PLF7476 with a RC4495 remote (which should support universal remote programming) to work with his Blue-ray player (BDP3100/12).

Information:
I started by upgrading both the TV and BDP sw to latest firmware.

The TV seems to find a player on the appropriate port (HDMI2).
It tells me to enter the 4-digit code 2195, and after that to hold down the standby button until the blue-ray player turns off.

This unfortunately never happens (at least not within the 12-15minutes I was sitting holding down the standby button).

Can anyone help out?
Do I need a different firmware? (i.e. is the TV firmware too old to know about BDP3100?)
Can I cheat it by entering a different code? What should that be (instead of the 2195 it asks me to enter).

Please, it seems weird that a Philips TV with a very nice remote cannot work together with a simple philips blue-ray player.
It must be possible. I hope.

Rasmus
01-01-2012, 05:06 PM
Hi again.

I still haven't gotten the RC4495 to work as a universal remote for the two Philips products, but my kid-brother found a work-around solution.

Simply enable Easylink on both BD and TV, and the remote will work using the HDMI connection.

This will however not work if you're not using HDMI (but who wouldn't be using that?)