PDA

View Full Version : DS1200/12 and iPad (gen 1) - No volume available

AnomRake
12-25-2011, 08:05 PM
Hi,

The DS1200/12 seems to work fine on the iPhone but fails miserably on the iPad (generation 1). It not only often fails to charge but it is impossible to play any sounds/music. I'm getting a "no volume available .."

The iPad by itself works fine and docking with Mac or PC works fine.

How to solve this?

kwinnie
01-06-2012, 02:25 AM
reading through document from Philips,
this seems to be supported.

you mean you have an error message or it just doesnt play any music?

i m thinking if your iPAD is too busy so that the signal cant be sent to the dock.
maybe you can try closing some background running apps?

AnomRake
01-06-2012, 07:05 PM
Hi Kwinnie,

Thx for the reaction.

If I unplug the iPad from the dock it starts happily playing music from the internal iPad speakers .. so it's not to busy whatsoever.

Judging by the number of responses and the help from Philips .. this is definitely the very last item ever that I will buy from Philips

kwinnie
01-09-2012, 08:36 AM
hi AnomRake,
yes i have had this experience too on my iPhone 3Gs on a docking speaker 8000.
it plays ok if i unplug it but when i plug it on the dock, there s no sound.
a technical frd taught me to close some apps there, like some back running whatsapp, facebook, email etc...then it works!

maybe you can just have a try.

also i m here in this forum for like 10 months now... i m told that this is a user to user forum, philips will help if issue address specially to them/ no one replies. not sure if this is their official policy or not. but i indeed understand your frustration

Philips - Andrea
01-09-2012, 11:45 AM
Dear AnomRake,

Apologies for late response and for the frustration this has caused.

As Kwinnie has suggested, are you able to try closing all other apps running in the background? This should help to resolve the issue.

However, I would also recommend that if you have any other Apple devices (iPhone/ iPod) please try on the dock and see if you experience the same issue.

Please let me know if you have any issues after trying this, thanks.

Kind regards,

Andrea

AnomRake
01-11-2012, 06:09 PM
Hi,

Closing all apps, or even rebooting the iPad, doesn't help at all. The iPad simply does not want to play using the sound system of DS1200. Actually, when it's playing and I hear music and I plug it into the DS1200 .. the sound just drops away

Thx

AnomRake
01-11-2012, 06:10 PM
Hi Kwinnie,

Thx for the support .. closing apps doesn't help.

AnomRake
01-11-2012, 06:11 PM
Andrea,

Just forgot to tell you .. as stated in the initial message: the iPhone works just fine in the DS1200

eliseee
02-27-2012, 09:22 AM
Not sure about this. According to the leaflet, it should work with iPad 1 also.