View Full Version : RTL XL: videos dont start
12-27-2011, 08:37 AM
Hi Philips support,
I have a 42PFL7606 TV and I cannot watch videos using the RTL XL app :(.
- I installed the TV
- I checked for firmware updates (it was already up to date)
- I installed the RTL XL app
- I opened the RTL XL app and clicked on a video: screen turns black and I returned to the previous screen. I tried about 10 videos.
- commercials that some videos in RTL XL have, are shown correctly
- Uitzendinggemist app shows videos correctly
- I tried the RTL XL app again, same result. I tried about 5 videos
- Uitzendinggemist app showed result again correctly
Just let me know if you need more info. Thanks for picking this up! :)
01-03-2012, 12:55 PM
I bought 2 weeks ago the pfl7676H/12 led tv.
But also i have the same problems with net tv.
I want to see missing tv program but everytime i see 1 second of the program and it goes back to the startup screen.
I use a normal internet connection.
Yesterday one program i can see after 10 times restarting RTL +.
but other programs wouldn't start!
what do i wrong?
01-03-2012, 01:59 PM
Perhaps new software helps. You can find it here (http://www.philips.nl/c/televisie-7000-serie/7000-series-94-cm-37-inch-easy-3d-dvb-t-c-37pfl7676h_12/prd/nl/?t=support)
01-04-2012, 11:19 AM
i installed the latest software and yes it works. thanks
i thought that i already had the latest update.
01-04-2012, 04:38 PM
My TV says it is already up to date ... :(
I checked again yesteday
01-04-2012, 04:41 PM
you need to install the latest firmware via USB.
01-04-2012, 05:17 PM
@Toengel: that fixed the issue! :) Thank you. Especially my wife is happy now (GTST - boring ... :()
@Philips: it is not clear to me why the Internet firmware option says my TV is up to date while it actually is not! Either remove it or make it work, I dont like how it works today at all. This is no Sense, let alone Simplicity! Thank you for noting this.
After having used the TV for some time now, some nice words about the 42PFL7606 TV and insight in how we use it:
I must say I'm impressed by its excellent display and versatility, I use it for:
- NET TV
I'm sure NET TV will be used at least 5 times half an hour a week since my last firmware update ;) (see my remark above)
- Watching TV
(Digitenne via CI card, Digitenne is not great quality of course but we hardly watch Digitenne anyway. I must admit it looks better than expected on this sharp TV based on the crappy bandwith of DVB-T signals, 2 to 4 MBit. On our previous CRT TV, it looked acceptable because of the fuzzy display haha)
Our Nintendo Wii is hooked up via component cables. Works fine, looks acceptable (cause is of course the Wii)
Connected via HDMI. I play games @ 1920x1080 and they look AWESOME, imagine a racing game on this big TV! No lagging, ghosting or whatever other nasty shortcomings whatsoever!
Eminent EM7075-DTS via HDMI. MKV's @ 1080p look amazingly sharp.
- We like the Ambilight a lot. When we switch it off, we really miss it. Please note the first thing our 6 year old daughter mentioned when we showed the new TV to her is the Ambilight! "Nice colors daddy" she said. Haha :)
- We like the low power usage (60 Watt it says?) when compared to our old 26 (!) inch CRT TV (about twice as much).
- Hooked up to my receiver via SPDIF, mostly throughput material from the EM7075, but noteworthy to state that it works without issues. I only have issues with DTS audio from the mediaplayer.. looking into that.