PDA

View Full Version : No sound to my home-cinema

yvanoffff
12-28-2011, 01:18 PM
Hello everybody,

I've pluged my 47PFL7606 to my "analogic" home cinema.
From TV i've used the optical connector and an digital/analogic converter box, then the R/L rca connector input to the Home Cinema.

When i try on the TV to select output sound "amplifier" the TV say "failure! speakers of the TV are active" and no sound get to the home cinema.

I've already notice this problem with TV programs, on an channel is good and another NO !

I don't understand what's append.

Thanks a lot to help me.

Yvanoffff

sngbcn
12-28-2011, 01:25 PM
Hi,

The message on the TV has nothing to do with your issue. This message comes from the Easylink - Speakers, setting on the TV settings menu. Your TV is set to "automatic easylink" which tries to communicate with the home cinema via HDMI, your TV is not connected in this way and therefore you get an error message.

This converter that you use... can you give the specs? The Tv's audio out connections are always on, i.e. there is no setting on the menu to turn on or off.

Regards,

yvanoffff
12-28-2011, 02:26 PM
Thanks,

Description:
PCM digital audio converter to analog stereo

spdif inputs:
An optical input
1 coaxial input

output:
two stereo analog RCA white and red (left + right)

Compatible with 32 kHz / 44.1 kHz / 48 kHz / 96 kHz
24-bit DAC

Compatible with digital signal (PCM requires that the source device to switch the digital output Dolby Digital / DTS to PCM, see the menus. The output is stereo is not compatible 5.1 AC3 / DTS)

sngbcn
12-29-2011, 07:05 AM
Well, that explains it: Your converter only supports PCM signals, in some channels its possible that the TV only gets Dolby, you can check this on via "options > audio language" the Dolby audio tracks will have the Dolby icon on the left.

Unfortunately the TV doesn't have an option to output PCM instead of Dolby.

Regards,

yvanoffff
12-29-2011, 08:04 AM
Thank a lot for this explanation, i will find another solution.

Regards.