PDA

View Full Version : External Harddrive files not visible on TV

Warnar
12-29-2011, 08:39 AM
I bought a 32PFL6636 TV and want to watch pictures and movies from my laptop on the TV. Files from the laptop libarary are visible on TV. Problem is that the files and folders from my external harddrive (WD) which are included in the laptop library are not shown on TV.

External Harddrive(WD My book 3.0, E:/) is connected to my laptop by USB. Laptop is on my wireless homenetwork (Windows 7) via router. TV is connected to router via cable. I could see the files from the external drive (E:) ounce after initial installation but could not repeat this after loading more video's to the hard drive. Checked all sharing and Windows Media Player options. Files can be seen when copied from external hardrive to internal harddrive but seem to be invisable for the TV when on external drive.

Anyone any suggestion what to do ? Many thanks !

Toengel
12-29-2011, 09:25 AM
Hi,

I think you need to add the external drive Path in windows media player (to the library). Or add this path to the shared folders...

Toengel@Alex

Philips - Thomas
12-29-2011, 10:09 AM
Hi

The Windows Media Player sometimes has problems with external Paths.
Use the Twonky Server (Trial Version) and add both, internal and external Paths and see if the TV shows up the Video Files.

regards
Thomas