PDA

View Full Version : How to play audio from my Philips TV 52pfl8605/98 on dcd8000?

CLN
12-29-2011, 08:18 AM
Hi there,

I have connected my dcd8000 to my tv via HDMI, and can now watch video played from dcd8000 on my TV.

I want to use the system to play the audio from my TV, but I'm not able to do so as I can only find "digital audio out" on my tv, but I cannot find a "digital audio in" on the dcd8000.

As I cannot find LINE OUT on the TV, so I also cannot connect it to the dcd8000 using the AUX IN.

Does anyone knows how to get these 2 great Philips products to work together?

Thanks for your help.

CLN
12-29-2011, 08:23 AM
Sorry, new here. Posted in the wrong section of the forum.

Moderator, are you able to help to move it to the right place?

Thanks.

Toengel
12-29-2011, 08:23 AM
Hi,

the TV support HDMI ARC (Audio Return Channel) on HDMI Port 1 (see manual). If your DCD8000 also support ARC you should be able to hear audio via this connection (ARC need to be enabled on both devices - see manuals). Additionally, you can connect your TV with the following connections:
- headphone out (via adapter to Cinch)
- Digital S/PDIF out

Toengel@Alex

CLN
12-29-2011, 08:31 AM
Thanks Toengel, for your quick reply.

I read the whole manual of DCD8000, and there is no mention that the it has ARC via HDMI. I will try that out when I get home.

Your suggestion of using headphone out is workable, but I was hoping for a better quality connection.

Using the digital S/PDIF out would be ideal, but there is no digital in on the DCD8000.