PDA

View Full Version : database saturated during the transfer

yug75015
12-30-2011, 09:20 AM
@yug75015 Is it possible for you to create a new topic for your issue and remove your reply as your message is off topic. Your help would be appreciated.

I've a problem with WADM on MCI500H and Windows 7
On the HD of my MCI500H there are 50 Go of music and now each time i try to put more music, i have a message " saturated database " and the transfer is cancelated.
Help me please

cheers

flimflam
01-02-2012, 09:41 PM
I've a problem with WADM on MCI500H and Windows 7
On the HD of my MCI500H there are 50 Go of music and now each time i try to put more music, i have a message " saturated database " and the transfer is cancelated.
Help me please

cheers

Hi there,

Please look at this thread on the old Streamium Cafe where Tias helps somebody else with a similiar problem:
http://www.streamiumcafe.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=21059&highlight=maximum+artist

As Tias states the limits on the Mci500h are as follows:

Max number of tracks = 30000
Max number of Artists + Albums + Genres = 5000

Hope this helps. If so then thank Tias (he's on this forum as well).

Cheers

yug75015
01-03-2012, 03:32 PM
Hi there,

Please look at this thread on the old Streamium Cafe where Tias helps somebody else with a similiar problem:
http://www.streamiumcafe.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=21059&highlight=maximum+artist

As Tias states the limits on the Mci500h are as follows:

Max number of tracks = 30000
Max number of Artists + Albums + Genres = 5000

Hope this helps. If so then thank Tias (he's on this forum as well).

Cheers

hello flimflam,

One more time , thank you for your help dear flimflam and congratulations for Tias ( WAC Handler is a very useful software, more effective than WADM !! )

I go from disappointment to disappointment with MCI500H. HD : 144.4Gb, Free size : 95.3 Gb, Used Size : 49.1 Gb
Effectively i have 10 675 files, 3 786 artists , 4 821 albums and 55 genres.
I tried to erase album ( 400 ) and in WAC Handler's properties nothing change, always the same number of albums.
When you erase album after it's written " no album " in the WADM tag, maybe " no album " is 1 album ?
I'm ready to erase the totaly of my albums but if nothing change...........
I do not understand . Strangely I have not at all the problem with the database saturated , should i continue to transfer and uptodate my files with correct tags ?
Sometimes i have strange tags in WADM after corrections, it must come from the problem of the saturated database , isn't it ?

Cheers

guy

Tias
01-03-2012, 10:20 PM
Hi !

You're not gonna like this, but even if you delete all the tracks for an album and/or artist, that album (and/or Artist) is/are not deleted from the database, so it's really not possible to get below the 5000-limit once it has been reached. Not a very intelligent limitation & implementation IMHO ;-|

BTW; "Unknown Artist" (or Album) counts as one entry in the database too.

The only way I can think of is to use a MCi500H harddisk image (hopefully BerndZ in this forum can support you with a copy of one of these) to wipe out your HDD completely and start from scratch again, meaning uploading all your tracks once more and try to keep the sum of Artists, Albums & Genres below 5000... :-(

Cheers !

Cheers !

yug75015
01-04-2012, 07:19 AM
Hi !

You're not gonna like this, but even if you delete all the tracks for an album and/or artist, that album (and/or Artist) is/are not deleted from the database, so it's really not possible to get below the 5000-limit once it has been reached. Not a very intelligent limitation & implementation IMHO ;-|

BTW; "Unknown Artist" (or Album) counts as one entry in the database too.

The only way I can think of is to use a MCi500H harddisk image (hopefully BerndZ in this forum can support you with a copy of one of these) to wipe out your HDD completely and start from scratch again, meaning uploading all your tracks once more and try to keep the sum of Artists, Albums & Genres below 5000... :-(

Cheers !

Cheers !

Hello TIAS !

Thank you for your answer !

Two remarks :

- it seems even i erase all the informations on WADM and tranfer again without album, it does not work ?
- i didn't find the answer about the MCi500H harddisk image from BerndZ on the forum

I think , the best solution will be to format the MCI500H disk but how can I do ?

Cheers !

flimflam
01-05-2012, 09:29 PM
Hi Guy,

There is possibly another solution.

As detailed by another user on the old Streamium Cafe forum it is possible to do a little hack so that you can logon to your Mci500.
Details here:
http://www.streamiumcafe.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=23033&highlight=hack

I've logged onto my WAC7500 (pretty much same as Mci500)
This is the mounts:
g2 trunk 6564 Island:# mount
/dev/hda1 on / type cramfs (ro)
proc on /proc type proc (rw)
tmpfs on /rw type tmpfs (rw)
usbfs on /proc/bus/usb type usbfs (rw)
/dev/hda5 on /mnt/gn type ext3 (rw,noatime)
/dev/hda6 on /mnt/hda type ext3 (rw,noatime)

/mnt/hda is where your actual mp3's and database are stored

You might want to look at this directory :
/mnt/hda/MMServer

Contents of it on my Streamium:
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 669 Jan 1 00:00 LocalMediaServer.conf
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 31 Jan 1 00:00 MediaServer.conf -> /usr/local/bin/MediaServer.conf
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 24 Jan 1 00:00 WorkC.txt -> /usr/local/bin/WorkC.txt
drwxr-xr-x 6 root root 4096 Feb 11 1970 dbasefiles

I think the folder dbasefiles contains the music database. Not a very complex structure. Have a look around. You might find a way to force a rebuild of the database. Pretty sure there was a command for it somewhere on the Streamium.

Good luck.

Tias
01-05-2012, 10:23 PM
Hi !

I strongly recommend not messing with the database files manually.
There are a lot of cross-indexed text files and if you edit them manually you will break the database for sure.

Cheers !

yug75015
01-06-2012, 01:43 AM
Thank you Tias and Flimflam but it's too complicated for me.
The limitation of the MCI500h is real and it's regrettable to learn here.
I do not understand why Philips doesn't develop a new firmware to resolve this kind of problem.
Knowing this limitation, i reduced my number of files and this time i made a back up of my contents on MCI500h with Wac Handler in addition to WADM for more security in case of problem as i had with my WAC3500.
This kind of product are not reliable but i think it's the future, it's a shame to Philips.

If you learn a simple solution, let me know it !

Thanks a lot

Cheers

Guy

flimflam
01-06-2012, 08:51 PM
LOL.

Nope. Neither would I. Not without a backup.:D

Hi !

I strongly recommend not messing with the database files manually.
There are a lot of cross-indexed text files and if you edit them manually you will break the database for sure.

Cheers !

yug75015
01-13-2012, 01:03 AM
just some news

my properties of my MCi500h are :
used size : 35.9
tracks 7819
artists 2871
albums 2928
genres 43

and it works very well despite the total of artist+album+genre superior to 5000
is there an explanation ?
maybe somebody has a trick to limitate the number of data ? i searched but without any reults

In advance thank you for your answer

Guy

PS On Wac handler it's impossible to stop the process for example during a back up ( download to PC ), i'm obliged to stop with the command " Ctrl+Alt+Delate ", is there a beug ?