PDA

View Full Version : Wi-Fi Media Connect for Mac

SergeyM
12-30-2011, 11:34 AM
Sorry Dears,

I have just found that a CD ROM, enclosed with my newly obtained Philips truly wonderful TV, contained not software packages for Windows & Mac, as I had naturally expected, but only a link to Windows download...
Could somebody please advise me where to obtain Wi-Fi Media Connect software package for Mac?

Thanks in advance,

Sergey.

Philips - Thomas
12-30-2011, 11:38 AM
Hi Sergey

the Software is not shipped with the TV but needs to be downloaded, using the Link from the CD.
Also this Software is only to be used with Windows OS. Wifi media Connect is not Macintosh Compatible.

Regards
Thomas

SergeyM
12-30-2011, 12:00 PM
Hm. Thanks for your answer...
But does it mean that I will not be able to transfer any data to the TV set by WiFi using my Mac?

Philips - Thomas
12-30-2011, 12:01 PM
Hi

you can install a DLNA Server like Twonky or eyeconnect to share your Media Files in the Network to the TV.

Regards
Thomas

SergeyM
12-30-2011, 12:28 PM
Thanks a lot, will try to do so right now... will try to find this twonky thing on the net,,,

jonmuncaster
01-02-2012, 11:35 AM
Hi Sergey. I have the same problem; it's disappointing isn't it? Did you have any success with the "twonky thing?"

SergeyM
01-03-2012, 06:29 AM
Hi Sergey. I have the same problem; it's disappointing isn't it? Did you have any success with the "twonky thing?"

Hi, Jonmuncaster. Yes, quite disappointing.

No, not much success so far, but mostly, I think, because I am not too sophisticated computerwise and do not have a lot of spare time right now... I have downloaded the software and paid for it, but that is about everything I have accomplished so far: I couldn't make heads or tails of it at first sight, and never had a second chance with it with all the celebrations we have now.

So, if I can master it - I will boast here, and if you do - you will, OK?

BR,
Sergey.

rocodil
01-10-2012, 04:01 PM
I think the easiest solution is to purchase Apple TV2 for $119. You can connect it with a a HDMI cable to your Philips TV and connects to you apple network. Movies can me added to iTunes and can be displayed on your TV. You can hire movies via iTunes if required. DVD's can be converted via Open Source Handbrake software. Also photo's an music can be streamed from your Mac computer.

mspirit
11-17-2012, 11:54 PM
I'm also having problems on the Mac side. I installed the software up there is nothing on my Mac to say where it is ?