PDA

View Full Version : Problem controlling Philips BDP3280 via 3rd party Control System

Gary.Atkins
12-30-2011, 01:40 PM
Hi,

Please can you assist. I have a Philips BDP3280 blu-ray player that i am trying to control from an Extron IPCP505 control processor via an Infrared probe. I have used the IR lerner on the Extron unit to learn and varify the IR commands but the Blu-Ray player does not respond to the commands when played back.

Please can you let me know if there is anything that has to be done on the blu-ray player to accept commands from third party devices.

Regards

Gary

Pacman
12-31-2011, 08:25 AM
Hi on the BDP there is nothing to do. I would take this up with the other company

Bye

Gary.Atkins
12-31-2011, 04:57 PM
The Extron control system controls other devices without a problem. We had a similar issue with a Philips STB where we had to enter a code in the remote to change its format. That's why I was questioning if there is a similar trick for the BDP. If someone from Philips has any details on this device.

Pacman
01-04-2012, 09:46 AM
And with the STB who gave you the code? Philips? I had a universal RC and all the codes came from that manufacturar and not form the ones of the devices.......

Bye

Philips - Remko
01-09-2012, 09:40 AM
Hi Gary.Atkins,

I have send you a personal message.

Kind regards,