PDA

View Full Version : Blu-ray: BDP7000 Series- No volume control

keithdean
12-30-2011, 08:33 PM
Hello. I have BDP7600/12 Blue ray Player. On the remote control for the player there is no button to control volume. I have to use the remote control from my TV to control the volume. Is that normal?
Thanks for help.

Blackcurrant
01-01-2012, 03:20 PM
Hello. I have BDP7600/12 Blue ray Player. On the remote control for the player there is no button to control volume. I have to use the remote control from my TV to control the volume. Is that normal?
Thanks for help.

I think that's normal as all the DVD players I've owned have worked like that. It's simpler than having multiple volume controls and reduces the risk of dramatic change in volume when you switch from one device to another.

kwinnie
01-04-2012, 04:01 AM
i think so as well.
i hv a mbd3000, there is volume control keys on the RC. however, there are only like 10 levels. and then i find it more efficient to use the tv remote.

matthorton
02-02-2012, 06:25 PM
I use a BDP7600 blu-ray player with its 7.1 analogue outputs going to 4 separate stereo amplifiers so a master volume control on the player would be very useful indeed. at the moment if i want to change the volume i have to rebalance all the speakers and then stick to it for the duration of the film. otherwise, if i want to change the volume it means stopping the film and using the player's built in 'speaker test utility' to re-balance all the speakers.