PDA

View Full Version : Override Parental Control settings

SanJ
12-30-2011, 10:18 PM
I have a Philips TV Model:26PFL3403/10 Serial: CG2A0915342424. Our house was hit by lightening which affected the tv. The tv was fixed but I now cannot use the remote control. The remote does work as the tv repairman checked it on another tv and it worked. He also tried using other remotes on my tv which didn't work. The repairman thinks that the front panel may be locked under the Parental Contol setting preventing use of the remote. I can access the Parental Control setting by using the buttons on the side of the tv (all the sections here are greyed out except for the Pin section) however I can't input a Pin number though as I can't use the remote to input digits. Any ideas on how to override the Parental Control and what the default Pin number would be as I never set a Pin number?

Manuel
12-31-2011, 12:39 AM
I think you have problems with IR receiver of TV set, not a " parental control problem " because in this case you need remote control to input code on Tv.

I have a Philips TV Model:26PFL3403/10 Serial: CG2A0915342424. Our house was hit by lightening which affected the tv. The tv was fixed but I now cannot use the remote control. The remote does work as the tv repairman checked it on another tv and it worked. He also tried using other remotes on my tv which didn't work. The repairman thinks that the front panel may be locked under the Parental Contol setting preventing use of the remote. I can access the Parental Control setting by using the buttons on the side of the tv (all the sections here are greyed out except for the Pin section) however I can't input a Pin number though as I can't use the remote to input digits. Any ideas on how to override the Parental Control and what the default Pin number would be as I never set a Pin number?

SanJ
12-31-2011, 02:11 PM
Thanks Manuel for the reply. Would you know if this if fixable? Could I do it myself?

Manuel
12-31-2011, 04:05 PM
I don't now your skill's, but that involves open de back of Tv, see if some cable itīs loose, and maybe replace de IR board or maybe more, I think itīs better, if service do the job.
Do you trust on the main that do the first job?

Thanks Manuel for the reply. Would you know if this if fixable? Could I do it myself?