PDA

View Full Version : Question about handling with the scroll funktion

Haltl
12-31-2011, 02:24 PM
Hello,
I just bought a NP3500 and I'm debating whether to keep it or give it back.
I have a very large music library and the stream I'm using comes from an avm fritzbox.
When I search for music with the NP3500 I can choose between songs, artists, genre, albums and playlists. After choosing e.g. playlists my problems start. The NP3500 allows me only to search with the first letter. When I'm searching e.g. for "Amy Grant", I have to search for the letter "A" and then scroll through about 100 playlists (over ABBA, AC/DC......) 'til I reach the playlist I'm searching for. Scrolling is very slow and when I hold the down-button on the remote control, it doesn't scroll further but shows another letter to search for. So I have to push the down-button again and again and again and again..... With this slow search I can't reach the playlist I'm looking for.
The "search"-button doesn't help. The NP3500 doesn't search for playlists with the entered keyword but for all songs with the entered keyword. And then only some songs with the keyword in the filename appear. There should be hundreds of more songs in the list that it doesn't show.
With this limited search-function the np3500 is useless for me.
Can anybody help me? Is there another function I don't know or is this an "user error"??

Thanks for your help.

Blechtrottel
01-03-2012, 01:43 AM
Well, you should "blame" the Fritz!Box. In order to support search, the uPnP/DLNA server must support (host) it (in the Client / Music renderer, such function won't work, as it would need to download all the songs information first, store it, index it, etc. ... in good English too slow). On the Philips device NP3500 you've a SUPERSCROLL available, which will jump to the next alphabet letter. Which AVM Box do you use ? I've use a 7390 and it appears not to be slow when scrolling through lists. How many songs do you have ?

Haltl
01-03-2012, 07:44 AM
I don't think it's the fault of the Fritz!Box. I use a 7240. I have an older mediaplayer and it works with it without problems. The superscroll-function doesn't help me. It doesn't matter if I start from A and scroll through over 100 playlists to find the right playlist or if I start from B and scroll backwards over 100 playlists. I have about 104000 songs in the library.
How do you scroll? When I push the up or down-button for a long time, the superscroll-function starts. So I have to push the up or down-button for every playlist I want to scroll again and again.....

Blechtrottel
01-04-2012, 02:44 PM
Uh, this a big library. But shall not matter as the NP-unit only loads the next 50 items. I use the dumb way, ... I organize things in folders. In that way I find things faster. If there are long lists I use the approach of pushing the up/down repeatedly (& rather fast). Sometimes I need to wait for a second as a list is rebuffered ...