PDA

View Full Version : Wi-Fi Media Connect asks me to cose down 'other media players'

bvddobb
01-02-2012, 03:20 PM
WFMC on my laptop is installed, and finds my TV on the wireless network, no issues. NetTV works OK.

When I hit 'start projection' in WFMC, I get a pop up on my laptop, saying (my translation):

"for better performance, close all mediaplayers and screen capture software"

When I do that and then hit 'DONE' or 'IGNORE' I get an error message, saying (my translation):

"Coding Failed. Restart Wi-Fi MediaConnect"

When I do that, the exact same thing happens. I have tried to connect the TV directly with the PC using static IP addresses etc. like suggested elsewhere on these forums, WFMC finds the TV, but the exact same thing happens when I want to start projecting.

My TV is a 32PFL9705H/12 with latest software 140.45 (upgraded yesterday for NetTV issues)
My laptop is an Asus eeePC with Windows 7
My WFMC is 1.6.42

Any idea what I could to make MFMC work?

Philips - Thomas
01-11-2012, 01:25 PM
Hi

Which other Software is running besides WFMC?

Edith:
Please use the latest Software Version available (1.6.43)

Regards
Thomas

bvddobb
01-22-2012, 02:17 PM
Hi

Which other Software is running besides WFMC?

Edith:
Please use the latest Software Version available (1.6.43)

Regards
Thomas

Hi Thomas,
Thanks for picking this up - sorry I took some time amnswering, but I wanted to find the latest version and install it first. I have now 1.06.43.

I had other software running that may cause this error message:

Norton 360
Windows Media Player streaming server switched on (to access my library from the TV)
Apple iTunes Home sharing switched on
Camera capture switched on

But when I kill all these apps, the same message comes up: 'please close down other media players for better performance.
When I then hit 'ready', or 'skip' then I get the error message.

When I lower the resolution in WFMC to 800X600, I get the same reply, but then when I hit 'skip', the connection window comes up, but then shortly after I get another error message: 'no device to capture audio' ('geen apparaat om audio vast te leggen').

Got any idea? Thanks in advance!

Philips - Thomas
01-23-2012, 09:41 AM
Hi

you need to fully uninstall Norton 360 as this is Security Software which can not be stoped completly, there will allways be parts in the Back which are still active.
After you have done that try again to establish a connection.

Regards
Thomas

bvddobb
01-24-2012, 12:14 PM
Thanks, Thomas.

Do you mean I would have to de-install my PC security for WFMC to work at all? That is obviously not an option. Happy to open up some ports or grant some specific access, but we can't be expected to let security go completely to work with WFMC.
Or just for a first connection, and it would work from then on after I re-install my security? Still rather cumbersome, but I might try that.

[EDIT]Hmmm. I have just tried the JointSPACE TVExtender - that works without an issue, no need to uninstall or close down any other aps. Seems to me WFMC is not as good an app as it could be[EDIT]

Best Regards - Bart

Philips - Thomas
01-27-2012, 04:55 PM
Hi

Update.

When I lower the resolution in WFMC to 800X600, I get the same reply, but then when I hit 'skip', the connection window comes up, but then shortly after I get another error message: 'no device to capture audio' ('geen apparaat om audio vast te leggen').

THis Message is related to your Camera App which has the Ownership of the Audio Capture Device.
You need to disable this Software.

Regards
Thomas