PDA

View Full Version : Streaming MKV to BDP7600/12

mscola
01-02-2012, 03:17 PM
Hello

I'm planning to buy a BDP7600.

Can I stream MKV movies from my PC/NAS to this device?

Massimo

jvpeters
01-03-2012, 09:08 AM
i m not sure,
reading from this forum that mkv cannot be easily streamed for the older models. it s mainly due to the software used for dlna.
am not sure if this has been improved...in this 7600...

Blackcurrant
01-03-2012, 11:03 PM
No, it doesn't work - not even via an ethernet cable. It doesn't work on other manufacturers' Blu ray players either. They all promise more than they can deliver.

The 7600 plays MKVs brilliantly from HDD. If you get a quick one, it doesn't take long to copy them over and wastes less electricity than leaving a PC running.

jvpeters
01-04-2012, 02:07 AM
yes i think so .
i do that through usb also.

Htrnb
01-10-2012, 02:26 PM
I have just bought the 7600 and I can confirm that the streming of .mkv works on network using a common DLNA server.

My test:
Stream form: PC connected with ethernet to the router; DLNA server: Twonky (http://www.twonky.com/) with trancoding disabled.
Stream to: BDP7600/12 connected with Wi-Fi to the router; It is quite distance from the router (one floor) and the receiving power is quite low (estimate -90dBm).
Router: is equipped with old WiFi protocol G (54Mbit/s). I think that the connection speed is the responsible of some little problem.
What has been streamed:
audio: mp3, .flac;
video:.avi (Xvid), .mkv (x264, mpeg4, Divx Plus) with different resolution (starting from 640x480 to 1920x1080). All video are sample that I found on different forum or official sites.

I have just done the test for a few minutes for file.
Result:
Audio: mp3 ok, flac is not supported (I can't find it)
Video: .avi ok; .mkv: all video start but video with high resolution have some lag. This for sure depends on my poor quality connection. I will change the router in a few week. It is possible to go fast (x2-x4-x8-x16-x32), but in .mkv, I think for the same reason before, I have a lagging behavior. It is possible to use the "go to" function and insert the time (hh:mm:ss) we want to go and it is very fast with .avi and 5-10 seconds with .mkv (can be possible for my slow WiFi connection).

I’m very happy that BDP7600/12 streams .mkv on WiFi with a lot of functionality. :p

...More tests in progress... I hope that this product can work well

kwinnie
01-11-2012, 08:02 AM
this is real gospel to me. :):):) うらやましいなあ。(means envious)
but i m still not sure if this works for other players or not, or is related to the software we use. Twonky is better?

Htrnb
01-11-2012, 08:51 AM
Twonky is better?
Yesterday evening I have tried with TVersity and it works perfectly. :D
I like more Twonky than TVersity.