PDA

View Full Version : HBBTV forces the TV to reboot or crashes network components of TV

DerShortyy
01-02-2012, 06:45 PM
Hi Philips,
hi @all,

iīve got a 46pfl9706/k02 with FW 14.93. When i activate the option "HBBTV on" in the menu of the TV i often have the issue that the red button pages get loaded but after some time it seems they causes some trouble in the background and neither the TV reboots or the network connection get lost. You can recognize that the network connection gets lost because the DVB-C channel starts to turn black turn on again and so on... and if you try to enter NET TV right after that, thereīs this information shown that the TV tries to reconnect to the network.

You can also force the TV to reboot with this test app: http://itv.ard.de/hbbtvtest/channels available on the open internet app
Can anybody confirm?

smart
01-03-2012, 07:19 AM
My 42PFL7695K/02 does not crash. But it does not support HbbTV, so it fails all the tests.

german_gyu
01-09-2012, 07:17 PM
Hi Philips,
hi @all,

iīve got a 46pfl9706/k02 with FW 14.93. When i activate the option "HBBTV on" in the menu of the TV i often have the issue that the red button pages get loaded but after some time it seems they causes some trouble in the background and neither the TV reboots or the network connection get lost. You can recognize that the network connection gets lost because the DVB-C channel starts to turn black turn on again and so on... and if you try to enter NET TV right after that, thereīs this information shown that the TV tries to reconnect to the network.

You can also force the TV to reboot with this test app: http://itv.ard.de/hbbtvtest/channels available on the open internet app
Can anybody confirm?

Truly, i can. See my post on the 14.93 experiences topic page 5.

a_Tom
02-14-2012, 01:37 PM
did you test that also on 14.95?

DerShortyy
02-14-2012, 03:15 PM
did you test that also on 14.95?

yes, issue still there!

Umbes51
02-21-2012, 03:40 PM
Hi all,
almost the same thing with the 40PFL9606K/02. HbbTV usage is sort of a 50:50 chance. The "red button" doesn`t appear on the screen (e.g. ARD). However when I activate this widget through the remote control the system comes back with the "Mediacenter" and not with the "main menu" for further options. When I switch over to another digital TV broadcaster (e. g. ZDF) the "red button" appears automatically. Returning to the previous TV station then it works for whatever reason. However it doesn`t last. At a later stage, let`s say two hours later, this service is no more available for a period of time and all of a sudden back again - there is no pattern.

FYI - TV with FW 14.95 is actually hooked up to the WLAN. LAN connection causes the same trouble.
Helping hand needed. Thoughts?

Philips - Thomas
03-09-2012, 09:52 AM
Hi Guys,

can you check, does that happen when subtitles are active?

Regards
Thomas

DerShortyy
03-09-2012, 10:08 AM
Hi Guys,

can you check, does that happen when subtitles are active?

Regards
Thomas

Hi Thomas,

i never use subtitles, but could it be that an Option has to be turned off even there are no subtitles?

mk81
03-10-2012, 04:30 AM
almost the same thing with 9956:

"- "Control /Hbb-TV - Issue":

The RC control led on the TV is blinking, but the TV reacts only to the Volume and On/Off-Buttons
- without on-screen information;
( TV Connections: HDMI Philips bdp7600, MCD909 as external amplifier and DVD-Player via HDMI and Head-Phone-Out/Aux in, Ci+ Unitymedia TV-card and module/ Same situation with an other RC: Prestigo)

After restarting the TV everything works fine again for minutes up to hours -

but this happens several times a day!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIgyzK2oMSc&feature=youtu.be

So I still have to restart the TV several times a day -

Problem is present with my third 9956 and I didn't have this problem with three 9955 before in combination with the same ext. devices (all from Philips: see above)
!!!

When I (only) deactivate "HbbTV" the problem doesn't appear!!!"

Umbes51
03-11-2012, 08:26 AM
Hi Thomas,

subtitles are not activated and restarts as highlighted by other members are not needed. However the 50:50 chance still exists and the red button with its follow-up options doesn`t work properly i. e. having set the tick "remind me" for a particular TV program the notification will not appear on the screen when you have switched over to a broadcaster who has a different TV network (ARD --> ZDF).

Meanwhile the TV was replaced one-to-one, however no progress.

Btw - to allocate a TV program through the EPG via network is not possible :-(

Philips - Thomas
03-12-2012, 12:25 PM
Hi @ All,

First, thanks for your feedback!

The issues regarding HbbTV and the described behaviors are currently under investigation.

Regards,
Thomas

DerShortyy
03-12-2012, 01:11 PM
Hi @ All,

First, thanks for your feedback!

The issues regarding HbbTV and the described behaviors are currently under investigation.

Regards,
Thomas

sounds like it will take a while... mmpfff

@Thomas
if you need further information, please donīt hesitate to ask for them