PDA

View Full Version : BDP3000 no longer reads discs

nniico
01-03-2012, 05:47 PM
Hello,
my BDP3000 can no longer read DVDs or CDs. It tries to load them, makes tic-tic and writes "No disc". Blurays were still good yesterday, but are now refused. Player makes tic-tic-tic then writes "UNKNOWN".

Is there a way to clean the lenses or something before throwing it outside the window?
I'm a bit disappointing with this product, it's not even 2 year-old.

kwinnie
01-04-2012, 02:30 AM
then probably it's a loader issue.
you can try clean lens,
if still not working, i guess it s time to go service (if still under warranty)/ it's time to change to another player

nniico
01-04-2012, 09:25 PM
That's what I didn't want to here: change to another player :(
I had only the legal 1-year warranty so I opened it and looked a bit further.

The lenses (there are two: one for CD/DVD, the second one for bluray) are clean.

The tic-tic comes from the little motor that spins the disc. When I put a disc in, it spins about 15deg left, tic, 15deg right, tic, and stops. During this time, the blue laser blinks twice.
I think it could be a problem with this motor, but I'm not sure. It's not blocked because I can move it.

Something else : when I plug the driver, it makes a very high pitched whistle, like coming from a capacitor. I cannot remember if it was there before.

I would like to check the motor, but it's a bit complicated...

keikhy
01-10-2012, 11:04 AM
I had same problem with my bdp3000 last weekend. After blackout (hard shutdown) player refused any disc and go tic-tic.

I downloaded the latest software and upgraded the player (via usb). During upgrade player did awful lot of terrible noise, but it worked. Player works perfect.

I also noticed the high pitched sound when I opened the case. So I guess it is normal.