PDA

View Full Version : Philips MCi730 video review

misoot
01-04-2012, 07:29 PM
Hi,

check out this video review (the only one on the internet so far) I made out of pure owner's frustration during the Christmas. I own Philips MCi730 almost half a year and unfortunately I have not noticed any change in Philips approach towards unsatisfied owners of this product. It is my first Youtube review and I am sure it's going to be far from perfect, yet I just wanted to warn any other potential buyers to think before purchasing this device.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-l2LTksrDw

I encourage all of you MCi730 ''lucky owners" to use this topic (thread) for linking any other revealing (even third party) reviews that go beyond Philips official marketing materials on the product website, which depict Philips MCi730 as a thing worth spending your money. Let's help those who might wonder about buying this wifi system to make the right decision.

andylillo
01-05-2012, 04:54 PM
Excellent work friend.

Philips Hopefully someday solve all the problems of MCI730, which are too

warmduscher
01-09-2012, 11:41 AM
Yes, thank you for the video.

This is an acknowledgement that not only my MCI730 reacts so slow and keeps Buffering Buffering Buffering Buffering Buffering Buffering.

Everyday I'm thinking to send this MCI730 back to Philips, but also hoping that they will come with a useful software update.

It's the worse Philips product I ever had: the use of this device leads only to frustrations, every day. And what a price we had to pay for it!

Soon, I will contact TROS Radar, a TV program for consumers in The Netherlands.

misoot
02-11-2012, 01:55 PM
Hey, this short video shows another "cool" feature of Philips MCI730. I call it the death-metal mode. It is a result of corrupted internet radio stream and it appears from time to time out of nowhere while listening to internet radio stations. Generally, it will be appreciated mostly by girlfriends when you try to choose appropriate music for your romantic evening. Turn on the volume and enjoy. Well done Philips!
http://youtu.be/ltq5GFpTx4U

mt247
02-12-2012, 09:53 AM
Excellent Review. If i had seen this some months before i wouldn't have bought this device. It is really disappointing to learn that philips puts devices on sale which clearly never should be released as they are buggy as hell, missing important features and simply do not work.

misoot
04-16-2012, 08:16 PM
Hey,

have you contacted anybody yet?

M.v.Geffen
08-21-2012, 05:20 PM
Hi, I also had issues with buffering, buffering, .....

But after installing the last update AND doing a factory reset everything works OK. Without doing the reset the issue still remained. Be aware though that doing a reset will also remove all your presets.

I hope this still helps any of you.