PDA

View Full Version : 40PFL6626H fails to connect on ARC

maintower
01-07-2012, 07:22 PM
My 40PFL6626H fails to connect to my ARC compatible receiver (a DENON AVR-2312).
The message at the screen is - by translation - something like "Connection to amplifier failed - switching to speakers".
A manual transisition to the receiver gives the same error message.

The TV is set with all EASYLINK control on.
TV software is Q5551-0.14.93.0

The DENON receiver is setup as a "Home Theater System" on HDMI1 of the TV.
The receiver hold a specific HDMI for the TV set with ARC included to which the TV is connected.

Have tried to change the HDMI cable to another (both HDMI 1.4a compatible)

Toengel
01-08-2012, 12:24 PM
Hi,

try to deactivate - restart TV - reactivate ARC on your TV.

Toengel@Alex

Nettle
01-08-2012, 07:42 PM
My 40PFL6626H fails to connect to my ARC compatible receiver (a DENON AVR-2312).
The message at the screen is - by translation - something like "Connection to amplifier failed - switching to speakers".
A manual transisition to the receiver gives the same error message.

The TV is set with all EASYLINK control on.
TV software is Q5551-0.14.93.0

The DENON receiver is setup as a "Home Theater System" on HDMI1 of the TV.
The receiver hold a specific HDMI for the TV set with ARC included to which the TV is connected.

Have tried to change the HDMI cable to another (both HDMI 1.4a compatible)

Dear Maintower,

I had a similar issue after the purchase of my Philips TV + HTS soundbar last year.

I've described it in this posts:

http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?1030-PFL8605-and-HTS-7140-undefined&highlight=easylink

following the steps below:

-------------------------------------------------
I've solved the issue: the TV was not recognized via HDMI for the following reason:
inside the Setup menu of the HTS7140 there's the "Easylink section", the last line is the "Mapping audio inputs" and you have to scan all the connection available between the TV and the sound bar.

In that menu there was nothing indicated.
I've started the scan and the TV has found the HDMI ARC connection available.

Now I switch on/off the TV and the soundbar switchs on/off by itself (there's no need to use 2 remote controls anymore watching the TV).------------------------------------------------

I hope it helps.

Regards

maintower
01-09-2012, 07:01 AM
Tried deactivating all of the Easylink settings, removing the HTS from the settings of the TV and making a power off/on (on the switch). Then reenabling it all - didn't help :-(

Nettle
01-09-2012, 08:42 AM
Tried deactivating all of the Easylink settings, removing the HTS from the settings of the TV and making a power off/on (on the switch). Then reenabling it all - didn't help :-(

1) Have you mapped the HTS audio inputs again too?

2) Have you updated the firmware version of the HTS7140?

Regards

maintower
01-29-2012, 03:21 PM
1) Have you mapped the HTS audio inputs again too?

2) Have you updated the firmware version of the HTS7140?

Regards

Hi Nettle.

Doesn't use the HTS7140 I'm using a DENON AVR-2312 Surround receiver.

So can't scan as you suggest.