PDA

View Full Version : One radio station is working - why?

paulja
01-08-2012, 12:32 PM
Hi one of my favourite radio stations is SWR1 (http://www.swr.de/swr1/). It worked well with np3700 over the last 6 months but recently (last 3 weeks) i have problems with it. The problem is that the player starts buffering after 10-20 minutes listening to the station. My first assmuption was that there is a problem with the server of the radio station (altough it is one of the biggest radio stations in europe), but then i listened to the station in parallel on my pc and iphone and here i could listen without any interruptions. Why is this just happening for this radio station. What can i do anlyse further the situation.

Thx, Paul

paulja
01-15-2012, 10:47 AM
i meant one station is not working.

In addition i talked to a friend who has the same device. And also he is experiencing buffering problems for some stations, altough they work fine in the network with other devices. So this seems to be a clear bug of the philips np3700. Also other users are experiencing the same problem:

http://www.wer-weiss-was.de/Anfragen/www_de/archiv/754763/internetradio-zickt.html

I expect someone from philips to respond to this.

Regards, Paul

lucas1970
01-16-2012, 08:24 AM
Is this only for the SWR1 ( I assume you mean the Baden Wuertenberg one) or for others also? I can take a look on my devices to cross test

Rgds

paulja
01-17-2012, 09:05 AM
Hi lucas1970,

yes it is SWR1 BW. For SWR1 Rheinland Pfalz it happens as well. It would be very nice if you could check this for your device as well. Usually it happens in the first 10 minutes.

Other major radio stations like Bayern 3 or so work well. If i remeber correctly, some exotic stations outside europe have buffering problems from time to time, but here the stations might not have a proper bandwith for their server. However, that seems not to be very likely for SWR1.

Let's check for SWR1 first and if we are unsure let's analyze further stations.

Thanks a lot for your help, Paul

lucas1970
01-17-2012, 02:33 PM
Hi Paulja,

I tried and the first time I had the issue after 10 seconds and had to restart it. After I tried again and it happened after 12 minutes but also it happened on my MCI. After this it played for 2 hours withou problems.

Did you try the wired connection to see if the issue is there also? I only tired wireless but this wouold be interesting to see.

Rgds

paulja
01-17-2012, 08:41 PM
Hi lucas1970,

thank you for reproducing this issue. That's exactly the behavior i see on my device as well. Usually in the first 10 minutes there are buffering problems, but once you get over them (e.g. by restarting the station) then the station works fine for a much longer period of time.

In addition I checked it with wired connection today. Same behavior. There is no difference. Buffering started after 2:40 minutes.

If you have more suggestions what can be done about it, let me know. However when i look a other philips network player posts, i see now that many device owners have the same problem. I invested so much time now to get this product running, and the time has come now that i have to warn other potential buyers. this product seems to be a beta trial version. What makes me even more sad, that in this forum many other buyers try to provide meaningful customer feedback, but there is no offical reaction by philips. they just need to improve a couple of things and then they could make a lot of money with it....even my grandparents were excited about the product and its capabilities....

Thanks again for your help, Paul