PDA

View Full Version : how to force display of new id3 tag information

zaentzpantz
01-11-2012, 10:07 AM
Model SA2RGA04
The id3 tags can be successfully edited on this model, and saved. Powering it off and on again shows the "update" bar working quickly as normal but the display still shows the old information. The USB link to the computer shows that the new information is saved on the device.
If I add a few new tracks, the update bar then takes much longer to finish and all the new id3 tag information appears in the unit display, so my question is:
Is there a way to force a display update on the unit without having to add tracks?

SoundWave
01-11-2012, 01:45 PM
Have you tried resetting the unit at all? If you allow the player to 'update' it should work. When I change the ID3's it takes a while to update, but next time i use my player all info is correct.

Maybe if it doesn't just do a RESET cos it doesn't delete or reformat the player or anything? Worth a go!

zaentzpantz
01-11-2012, 02:05 PM
Have you tried resetting the unit at all? If you allow the player to 'update' it should work. When I change the ID3's it takes a while to update, but next time i use my player all info is correct.

Maybe if it doesn't just do a RESET cos it doesn't delete or reformat the player or anything? Worth a go!

Yes that's a good idea to try the reset button, I'll try it tonight. My normal settings aren't too different from the factory defaults so it's not much of an inconvenience.
I also wondered if I could delete the display file in the unit which would then force a re-index at the next switch-on. Need to find out which file that is first....

zaentzpantz
01-25-2012, 03:53 PM
Yes that's a good idea to try the reset button, I'll try it tonight. My normal settings aren't too different from the factory defaults so it's not much of an inconvenience.
I also wondered if I could delete the display file in the unit which would then force a re-index at the next switch-on. Need to find out which file that is first....
Yes, after several editing sessions to shorten the id3 tag information (for easier viewing on the small display) the RESET button is the best way to force the new information to be recognised.
*** Maybe a good point to include in the next software update is a scan for new id3 info and update automatically? ***