View Full Version : HSB4383 Low volume on Optical source

01-11-2012, 03:12 PM
I am noticing significantly lower sound level on the HSB4383's optical sound input than any other sources. When the soundbarradio plays, sound level 15 is enough for comfortable listening; when the source is the optical input, I have to max it out (level 39).

Is this normal? If not, can this be fixed?

Philips - QK
01-18-2012, 02:24 AM
Dear Chrispis,

I have sent you a PM. Please check your inbox. Thanks.

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

02-15-2012, 08:34 PM

I just installed the newest firmware V1.27 MCU 27 on my HTS7201. Since then the volume of the different input sources is nearly equal, which is much better now. :-)

Unfortunately the optical input is still the lowest. Compared to the FM radio which plays optimal with level 9 and the AUX1 (level 16) I always have to push the OPTI IN to level 24 for standard sound and even higher (up to 39) when the source is a surround signal.

The device connected to the OPTI IN (Sony TV) is already configured to deliver a fixed line signal.

Where can I adjust that?

Kind Regards

Philips - Katerina
08-26-2015, 02:06 PM
Hello participants of the thread and forum members in general!

Hopefully your issue was dealt with and you are no longer facing it. Since the thread has been silent for some time now, I will proceed by closing it. If you still have the same question about the same issue or any similar issues arise feel free to start a new thread or contact one of us moderators to open this thread again.

Kind regards
Philips Katerina