PDA

View Full Version : IP-EPG by gracenote does not work

bta
01-12-2012, 04:55 PM
Hi users,

here in germany the IP-EPG does not work at my 40pfl7605h/12 at FW 140.46.
Maybe its due to some server problems.

The last time I use my IP-EPG it works normal and was powered by tvtv. Now its powered by gracenote and does not work. Maybe something goes wrong with the transfer from tvtv to gracenote. Since the gracenote logo is placed at the IP-EPG page instead of tvtv there have some changes in a manner of engineering be done and not only some commercial changes.

Regards
bta

Philips - Mark
01-12-2012, 05:02 PM
Yes, IP-EPG is down.

We installed an update, but it fails.
We are performing a roll-back.
Expect it active in about one hour.

Sorry.

bta
01-12-2012, 05:09 PM
Hi Mark,

ok one hour - I will test it ;)

Till 20:00
regards bta

oh my God - it's 20:02 and the IP EPG is not on again
20:04 something happens - I select reload page - nothing
20:06 running dots - oh I'm so nervous - what will happen
20:07 tvtv log is on my screen but no programm information
20:09 again open IP-EPG - I feel electrified
20:10 Channel logos are back
20:11 The Channel logos are gone again but Q-Tom shows Lady Gaga - 100 x better that the RTL Logo
20:12 Start Trek at Tele 5 - PiP is back - Data sleeps
20:13 Data is awake - thats much better than the IP-EPG
20:14 Crusher says something - it put the Volume down as fast as possible
20:15 One more episode of star trek - red alert - a problem with their plasma injectors
20:16 shit - server to busy - white screen no pip, no star trek
20:17 home - watch tv - a crew member that I'v never seen before is dead - intro: these are the adventures ...
20:18 server still to busy
20:20 damn, the work load for the server seems enormous
20:22 Diana and Worf talking about the suicid of the unknoen crew member
20:24 PiP is back but no IP-EPG
20:26 Hint for hard working engineers: The "restore function" is described in the windows help files
20:27 the unknown crew member has left a girl friend
20:28 the unknoen crew member was at the ncc 1701 D since the the enterprise was built at planetia utopia - I want these drugs too
20:29 again program logos at IP-EPG
20:30 Crusher suks
20:31 ahhhm - Mark your hour is left
20:32 server is too busy again - this time it was Crusher - I'm serious it's her fault that this server is too busy.

ok guys - let's try it again later

20:40 have read other posts - and restart the tv
20:41 did not know so far that worf drinks tequilla
20:42 NetTV runs bit IP-EPG do not
20:43 It must be Crusher

20:52 Worf is going to kiss Diana - and guess what - Crusher distrubs them - damn
20:53 BTW: IP-EPG from tvtv is up again - and after the episode of star trek another episode will be broadcasted at 21:15 - I'm sure Crusher will destroy someting at the enterprise.

enjoy your TV its fun

it2tv
01-12-2012, 05:38 PM
Ok so the IP-EPG will be online today?? Please made it possible to record when using the DVB-T EPG too. That's the only way to have a solid recording solution.

morma
01-12-2012, 05:57 PM
Hope it will be fixed soon, i can't watch my saved movies from my HDD till the EPG's fixed (42PFL7606H) . Would be great if the PVR function itself would work offline, if it's possible over firmware update.

So i could use the PVR even if the EPG is down.

Philips - Mark
01-12-2012, 06:13 PM
IP-EPG is up now :)

it2tv
01-12-2012, 06:17 PM
Well I had no idea that you have to be online with a working EPG to view saved movies. This must be the most stupid thing ever created. Just an example how stupid it is:
You watch a saved movie then suddenly the EPG or your broadband goes offline -> You have to wait until it's online again. ->You will be a Philips hater...

I thought that Philips wanted to have satisfied costumers. This will only creates haters.

DerShortyy
01-12-2012, 06:21 PM
IP-EPG is up now :)

No it is still down in germany. a nice picture says in different languages that due to an upgrade it is down

it2tv
01-12-2012, 06:26 PM
"server is too busy" :(

Well one more thing for the stupid IP-EPG recording feature. You can't record in Standby mode when using the USB dongle for the internet connection cause the USB dongle are not "online" when the TV is in Standby mode :(.

Philips - Mark
01-12-2012, 06:28 PM
No it is still down in germany. a nice picture says in different languages that due to an upgrade it is down

Please restart your TV. It stopped getting the EPG loaded after several attemps, that is why you still see the maintenance message.

DerShortyy
01-12-2012, 06:31 PM
Please restart your TV. It stopped getting the EPG loaded after several attemps, that is why you still see the maintenance message.

Thank you. now it works! Please get back to my PM

it2tv
01-12-2012, 06:31 PM
And the "server is too busy" msg then? Will it disappear after a restart?

bta
01-12-2012, 06:46 PM

Sorry the restart did not help - see the update at this post (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?4128-IP-EPG-by-gracenote-does-not-work&p=23040&viewfull=1#post23040)

Restart the TV once more - and IP-EPG works again - see also update at this post (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?4128-IP-EPG-by-gracenote-does-not-work&p=23040&viewfull=1#post23040)

Yours
bta

Untouchable
01-12-2012, 07:57 PM
Im still getting a 500 error and a 400 bad request. I've restarted the tv twice now and no difference. Is this due to the update? My network is ok and net tv apps work.

Toengel
01-12-2012, 08:00 PM
Hi,

wait 2 minutes after you press the standby button. Also wait 2-3 minutes after you restart the TV before you access the IP-EPG.

Toengel@Alex

Untouchable
01-12-2012, 08:09 PM
Thanks im going to try that

Erikrijnders
01-13-2012, 03:35 PM
I hope gracenote will support more channeld. tvtv was crap!

Toengel
01-13-2012, 08:12 PM
Hi,

gracenote bought tvtv - so it's the same company... but I will cross fingers for you ;-)

Toengel@Alex

Polderboy
01-14-2012, 08:43 PM
I also miss a lot Dutch Channels in the IP EPG, so I hope it gets much better. I agree that you only can record with the IP EPG is the stupiest thing Philips has done in a long time.

bluevoice
01-17-2012, 05:10 PM
I also lost content for most of the HD channels. I'm on UPC, the Netherlands

bluevoice
01-17-2012, 06:36 PM
I now see a screen saying "EPG is currently not available due to an upgrade".

bta
01-17-2012, 07:45 PM
Again IP-EPG do not work at all. Seems that Philips tries once more the update without effort.

Enjoy your TV
bta

Erikrijnders
01-18-2012, 03:45 PM
I think Philips want to update to gracenote, but this doesnot work properly yet.

Philips
01-19-2012, 02:24 PM
Please read the anouncement on the forum home page: currently there are some EPG issues.

Regards,
JuAn

smart
01-19-2012, 05:41 PM
Hi JuAn,

I would appreciate, if you can announce such things earlier. Many users would be ok, if they know, there is some maintenance done. But thinking, that there is everything fine, but for some reasons it does not work properly or is just slow, may make the users doubt on their product.

Greets

Erikrijnders
01-19-2012, 07:29 PM
Hi JuAn,

I would appreciate, if you can announce such things earlier. Many users would be ok, if they know, there is some maintenance done. But thinking, that there is everything fine, but for some reasons it does not work properly or is just slow, may make the users doubt on their product.

Greets

A new IP-EPG is coming this week from gracenote.. so wait and see.

smart
01-23-2012, 08:18 AM
Yesterday, I had some performance/functional issues in the evening. It seems, it did not get solved last week.

Do you expect it differently? What is currently done? Is there still maintenance ongoing?
Will the update bring improvements to the user? Is this just a new version with a new logo without changes for the user?

Thanks for giving us a glimpse on what we can expect and on keeping us updated!

Toengel
01-23-2012, 08:47 AM
Hi,

what I noticed was that last week every day beginning at 6 o'clock in the evening the "maintenance" work started. I think, it's not a good time to do that, cause the people came from work and switch on their TVs and they see, that IP-EPG is not working... :(

Toengel@Alex

Philips - Mark
01-23-2012, 12:10 PM
The IP-EPG response becomes slower when many TV’s start to use it.
That is why you only see this problem in the evening. (Central European Time).
We are adding additional hardware capacity (more web-servers) and we are re-programming the IP-EPG for more efficiency and speed in the data communication.

Slow responsiveness also triggers the smiley (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/forumdisplay.php?5-Net-TV-Forum) to go sad on the Net TV forum page.

When there is maintenance you will see the maintenance message when you access the IP-EPG.
We hope to finalize our EPG upgrades in the coming days.

The TVTV logo will change to the Gracenote (http://www.gracenote.com/press/09/01/2011/tvtv/) logo in the updated IP-EPG release.

smart
01-23-2012, 12:44 PM
Hi Mark,

thanks for the details.

I want to throw in, that it might improve usability to switch complete pages by using the outer left/right of the diamond control. Not sure if this is possible, but the user can switch faster through the whole list of programs instead of hitting up/down multiple times to switch a page...

For this update, it might be to late, but for future plans?

miro9000
01-23-2012, 01:08 PM
Hi Mark. is Philips (or Gracenote) working in the improvement of the EPG for the inclusion of lost channels ?
See also http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?4091-Spanish-IP-EPG&referrerid=1189

Thanks in advance

Erikrijnders
01-23-2012, 03:53 PM
Will finally ALL the channels be provided by EPG and info in the Netherlands???? Lots of channels are missing in the list!! Please feedback on this!

bta
01-23-2012, 06:14 PM
...Slow responsiveness also triggers the smiley (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/forumdisplay.php?5-Net-TV-Forum) to go sad on the Net TV forum page...

Thanks for your explanation concerning the IP-EPG. I'm looking forward when its updated and runs again in a useful way. Well IP-EPG is relay slow in the evening hours. But it seems that this is much worser since the first try of the update to the "gracenote-version". Especially IP-EPG is extreme slow when I switch from one to another page at the channel list.

Well as written before I'm looking forward to the full functionality of IP-EPG. Once the "gracenote-version" is on, I will write a BUG report ;)

enjoy your TV, its fun

Toengel
01-27-2012, 12:14 PM
Hi,

frontpage of the forum: 27-JAN-'12: IP-EPG maintenance is ready.

Toengel@Alex

Erikrijnders
01-27-2012, 03:49 PM
Hi,

frontpage of the forum: 27-JAN-'12: IP-EPG maintenance is ready.

Toengel@Alex

Ready ???? I see no changes at ALL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Damn, still 10% of the Dutch Channels are available!!!!!!!! Were are the other 90% ?????????????????????? Can we FINALLY get an update on this issue ??????????????????????????????????????

Toengel
01-27-2012, 03:50 PM
Hi,

I can see the gracenote logo and the speed is improved - so maintenance is finished. Regarding the missing channels, i think this is also a problem by Gracenote now. The maintenance was regarding the hardware servers behind the IP-EPG...

Toengel@Alex

smart
01-27-2012, 08:28 PM
I can also see the gracenote logo, now. The speed is much improved, compared to the time before the update and of course, it is also much faster as during the maintenance window.

Thanks for improving the speed!

Btw: I wish to use the outer ring left/right to switch to the next page.

Toengel
01-27-2012, 08:59 PM
Hi,

I speculate, that we will also maybe see a new IP-EPG together with the new SmartTV-portal. As you can see in my 2010 buglist, I noted some errors regarding the GUI - Philips-Thomas mentioned that they will be "fixed" together with the new SmartTV portal...

Toengel@Alex

smart
01-27-2012, 10:59 PM
Which error do you mean? Just went through the list and did not find it.

miro9000
01-28-2012, 08:20 AM
Ready ???? I see no changes at ALL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Damn, still 10% of the Dutch Channels are available!!!!!!!! Were are the other 90% ?????????????????????? Can we FINALLY get an update on this issue ??????????????????????????????????????
Same issue in Spain. How i wish I was german !!

Erikrijnders
01-28-2012, 09:13 AM
Same issue in Spain. How i wish I was german !!

An update from Philips would be nice...... WE ARE ASKING ONLY FOR AN UPDATE ON THIS ISSUE ?? IS THAT SO HARD TO GIVE ?????????

Toengel
01-28-2012, 09:16 AM
Which error do you mean? Just went through the list and did not find it.

Hi,

http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?2223-Important-Bugs-which-need-to-be-fixed-in-2010-firmware-(TV550R1)

Bug 16, 24 and 27

Toengel@Alex

smart
01-28-2012, 10:24 AM
Hi,

http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?2223-Important-Bugs-which-need-to-be-fixed-in-2010-firmware-(TV550R1)

Bug 16, 24 and 27

Toengel@Alex

Thanks, got it! :)

bta
01-29-2012, 10:54 AM
Hi guys,

finally we see the gracenote logo and some improvements in the speed. Especially I appreciate the speed-up of IP-EPG but I'm wondering that more than a week of work ends up in a new logo - none of the bugs are corrected. Toengel already mentioned that in his post (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?4128-IP-EPG-by-gracenote-does-not-work&p=24350&viewfull=1#post24350), but there are a lot of more bugs reported in this forum (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/forumdisplay.php?58-Net-TV-IP-EPG-Program-Guide) and esp. under this topic (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?1430-New-Program-Guide!-%28IP-EPG%29.).

On the other hand it seems that the launch of SmartTV is really near and I assume that the work on IP-EPG was more due the internal structure in order to power SmartTV. At least the post (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?4128-IP-EPG-by-gracenote-does-not-work&p=23915&viewfull=1#post23915) of Philips-Mark leads to this conclusion.

Well let's see what we will get when SmartTV is on.
But the initial problem for the current topic "IP-EPG by gracenote does not work" is solved.

Enjoy your TV, it's fun.
bta

Erikrijnders
01-29-2012, 02:45 PM
Well, i would like a status update off the missing channels here in Holland!!!!!!!!!!!!! Only 10% of the channels are provided. Please an update on this issue by Philips!

miro9000
01-30-2012, 09:57 AM
We are not demanding an immediate solution.
We just want to know whether or not Philips is working on expanding the number of channels. A simple yes or no.
Even if you donīt know ( or want) answer this question, an official answer would be very apreciated
Something like : hey, we are hearing you ! , stay connected

Erikrijnders
01-30-2012, 03:27 PM
We are not demanding an immediate solution.
We just want to know whether or not Philips is working on expanding the number of channels. A simple yes or no.
Even if you donīt know ( or want) answer this question, an official answer would be very apreciated
Something like : hey, we are hearing you ! , stay connected

Seems to me Philips lost connection long time ago. Please give us a status update??? How dificult can it be ???????

saeko
01-31-2012, 11:28 PM
Well, you probably all saw this before, but if not: there is some information about this issue on the website of gracenote that suggests they are working on an improvement (here (http://www.gracenote.com/press/09/01/2011/) and here (http://www.gracenote.com/casestudies/philips_smart_tv/))

miro9000
02-01-2012, 02:52 PM
Well, you probably all saw this before, but if not: there is some information about this issue on the website of gracenote that suggests they are working on an improvement (here (http://www.gracenote.com/press/09/01/2011/) and here (http://www.gracenote.com/casestudies/philips_smart_tv/))

Hi Saeko. From your link: By adding Gracenote eyeQ into its Smart TV line-up, Philips is providing viewers up to 21 days of TV listings from local, national and network broadcasters— the most comprehensive IPG / EPG data across Europe. ;););)

Erikrijnders
02-01-2012, 03:28 PM
Maybe Philips can give an update... Than we know what we can expect or not. For now only 10% of the channels is available in Holland. So Philips are you working on this together with gracenote or not ?? Please an update !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dutchtronic
02-01-2012, 08:35 PM
Maybe Philips can give an update... Than we know what we can expect or not. For now only 10% of the channels is available in Holland. So Philips are you working on this together with gracenote or not ?? Please an update !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think you should complain to Gracenote, not to Philips!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What do you mean "only 10% of the channels is available"????????????
Please post some evidence (photo's), as I cannot reproduce that.........

Erikrijnders
02-02-2012, 04:09 PM
I think you should complain to Gracenote, not to Philips!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What do you mean "only 10% of the channels is available"????????????
Please post some evidence (photo's), as I cannot reproduce that.........

I Think I mentioned all the channels that or not available:
e.g. TV Oost, Gelderland, Foxlife (NL-version), Sci0Fi (NL-version), All Dutch PO-channels e.d., 101TV, HumorTV, Best24, Cultura24,,,, Eredivisie Live 1, 2, 3 and 4, Film1-channel (all 5 channels !!!)

I can continue further and further. No program info and the channels are not in the list.

PS No logo's with SBS6HD, NET5HD and Veronica HD

PLEASE AN UPDATE ON THIS ISSUE.

Dutchtronic: maybe you have a 2011-model??? I have a 2010-model

jielse
02-04-2012, 07:31 PM
I have not got the IP-EPG to work for more than two months. Last time it worked it was branded tvtv. Is the new IP-EPG available in Sweden?

Toengel
02-05-2012, 04:37 PM
Hi,

it should be available, if the old IP-EPG worked. You need to update your TV to the latest firmware. Or please descirbe your problem with more details.

Toengel@Alex

Andfer
02-06-2012, 08:04 AM
The new IP Epg by gracenote in Spain is NOT working.

All the programs has +1 hour.

jielse
02-11-2012, 09:32 PM
I believe I use the 140.46 version, I guess it is the latest. I try to switch the programme guide from network to broadcaster and back but no difference.
I recall there was a URL to check access to the tvtv guide. Is there a URL to check the current?

Toengel
02-12-2012, 08:06 AM
Hi,

when you do switching bettween network and boadcaster EPG, please try to reboot in between (better also to cut power supply). Sometime the booting between changing settins is a "magic step"...

Toengel@Alex

jielse
02-18-2012, 03:08 PM
Tried switching between network and broadcaster EPG rebooting and powering off/on, no difference. Is there anyone being able to access the gracenote IP-EPG in Sweden currently?

jielse
03-05-2012, 06:48 PM
Got a note from my local support that smarttv and gracenote provides recording functionality via USB. They know I got a 2010 tv, was it just a mistake from their side or is it supported in 2010 tvs?

Regards,

Toengel
03-05-2012, 06:49 PM
Hi,

USB recording is only supported for 2011 devices and newer.

Toengel@Alex

jielse
03-05-2012, 07:50 PM
I thought so too.
Thanks,