PDA

View Full Version : Does MyRemote only work with WiFi?

smart
01-17-2012, 11:16 AM
Hello,

when I disable WiFi and connect the iPhone to the home network with a VPN connection, the MyRemote app gives the message to check WiFi settings and does not find the TV. Connection is working, other internal IPs can be reached.

Can others confirm this?

Is this intended to work?

Greets

Toengel
01-17-2012, 11:41 AM
Hi,

my following setting is working (Android version):

TV - LAN - Router - WLAN - Android device

I think, it's the VPN connection...

Toengel@Alex

smart
01-17-2012, 12:43 PM
Sure, Toengel, the setup you described is working. It does also on my side.

But if you would connect your device via VPN to your home network, it should get connected to your home network as it is the case for WiFi or LAN connection. You can reach internal ip adresses, such as the configuration web sites for your router or any other device inside your network.

I'm not sure, if there is a technical reason, why the MyRemote can not work with that configuration or if there is a sanity check to make sure WiFi is enabled because nobody thought at such a use case.

Toengel
01-17-2012, 12:48 PM
Hi,

the question is, if the jointSpace port is available: 2323...

Toengel@Alex

smart
01-17-2012, 02:15 PM
I think, you are right. I don't know a reason, why it should not, but it might not be easy to ensure that.
Currently I have no idea how I can check that.

Toengel
01-17-2012, 02:57 PM
Hi,

maybe there is a port scanner available as app... and then you scan the IP of the TV for open ports...

Toengel@Alex

smart
01-18-2012, 07:30 AM
Yes, there are port scanner apps, unfortunatly most of them are not for free. So I will think about another way or buying that. Normally I don't need a port scanner on the phone.