PDA

View Full Version : BDP 3000/05 start up

Jay
01-21-2012, 04:15 PM
I have a BDP 3000/05 blu-ray player and for some reason it is not playing anything. The machine switches on 9as there is power to it) and a blue screen appears (without the home or set up symbol) but it won't play. It makes the noise as though it is about to play but nothing. I can't eject the blu-ray disc in it (which it was playing yesterday) or I can't even turn it off once it has been switched on. Any thoughts on how I can get my machine working again?

joke
01-22-2012, 03:58 PM
Hi Jay,

guess you've tried one or more power cycles?

Jay
01-22-2012, 06:52 PM
Hi Jay,

guess you've tried one or more power cycles?

Yes, tried that but still nothing

joke
01-23-2012, 04:36 AM
Sorry, no more ideas except service ... :(

lonegringer
02-27-2012, 08:09 PM
I am having the same problem. It switches on but doesn't do much else i.e blank screen. I can hear the disk moving when it starts, the only way i can switch it off is to pull the plug. The only thing that has changed in the last week is me applying the firmware update. Would be nice to have a solution to this.

ScopeFan
03-02-2012, 09:18 AM
Same problem here, player startup blue background screen and then nothing. Cant open tray, power down or anything else, its just stuck with the blue screen.

Only way to turn it off, is to pull the plug.

jaam83
03-08-2012, 06:57 PM
Hi Im having a similar problem with my BDP3000. I bought Immortals and it plays fine.

When i put in game of thrones the screen stays black and nothing happens. I have to unplug from the mains, plug in again and quickly press eject so that it doesn't lock up again.

I have updated with the latest firmware and its still a problem.

Any help would be great.

RobertThomas
03-14-2012, 07:31 PM
We have had exactly the same problem, after trying to play the Game of Thrones Blurays.

We cant update our firmware as when we download it to USB drive it says it doesn't find the software on the USB stick and when we try to download it from the network it seems to just show a progress bar which never progresses?!

Look forward to your help with this Philips!

jaam83
03-15-2012, 04:50 PM
I also tried updating over the internet and did not get anywhere had to use a USB stick.

Nice to see Phillips reply, makes you wonder if they even read these forums.

I know its not a problem with the disc as it plays fine on the other Blu ray player that I no longer have access to.

Even a reply that phillips has taken note of this problem.

RobertThomas
03-15-2012, 04:55 PM
I have now emailed Philips and they are responding via email. They are going to try to send the file to me on a USB stick.

I'll keep this up to date with how it progresses

jaam83
03-15-2012, 04:59 PM
I'll try that as well.

Pacman
03-16-2012, 08:07 AM
Hi,

All of you follow the exact steps as written here: http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpcontent.pl?mid=Link_Software&scy=GB&session=20120316100552_80.254.147.236&ctn=BDP3000/05&slg=ENG&dct=FUS&did=ENG&reldct=FIN&file=/files/b/bdp3000_05/bdp3000_05_fin_eng.pdf#toolbar=0&zoom=100

Bye

RobertThomas
03-16-2012, 10:14 AM
Yep those are the exact steps I followed to get this issue.

Pacman
03-16-2012, 10:53 AM
Make sure that once you have the file downloaded that you select extract files!!!! Once you have done this copy the folder UPG_ALL onto your USB, then it should be recognized wihtout any problem...

Again the first part is very important!!!

RobertThomas
03-16-2012, 11:39 AM
Yes I did that. As I said, I followed the instructions exactly.

I am a developer so I can quite safely understand the process of extracting files...

However, following my discussions with Philips technical staff I have found out those instructions are not entirely explanatory. For instance, if you have never installed a firmware update onto this device, the first update must be done via USB, not network.

My USB contained the UPG_ALL folder and was not recognised. The Philips support staff told me to try copying the files inside the folder onto the root directory of the USB drive. This didnt work either.

Philips are now sending me a USB stick in the post containing the correct files.

Pacman
03-16-2012, 03:28 PM
This is very strange since I downloaded the file today and updated it after. Maybe try to format your USB or use different one and alos make sure you use the right version

RobertThomas
03-16-2012, 03:31 PM
Yeh I think I will just use the USB stick which Philips send which will definitely contain the correct file.

They are requesting which firmware I am upgrading from. So it could be that the currently available firmware update package is not valid for the firmware state my machine is currently in ( even though it says it is on the site )

jaam83
03-22-2012, 11:29 AM
Robert, have you gotten any where with this? I sent an email and they said to update which i have done multiple times, tried talking to a online member of the staff and that was as helpful as a chocolate teapot.

Going to email again to see what happens.

RobertThomas
03-22-2012, 11:35 AM
@jaam83

I have just received a letter containing a USB stick from Philips. It should contain the correct firmware update to upgrade my device, which is on an old firmware, to the latest.

I will try it tonight and post again on this forum.

As for support, I couldn't get any decent advise from the live chat staff - they were hopeless. But the email support has been very good so far.

Rob

RobertThomas
03-30-2012, 11:05 AM
I have tried the USB stick that Philips sent me including the exact software to go from my current firmware to the latest firmware.

But it still didn't recognise a valid firmware update being on that USB stick.

I have emailed back to Philips now so lets see where this goes now!

Rob

kwinnie
04-02-2012, 05:01 AM
this is strange.
for some downgrading solution, we recommend to use a disc instead of USB...

Just burn the latest firmware to a disc and put the disc to the disc tray. let it load like loading a DVD...
maybe you can try...

lonegringer
04-02-2012, 09:04 AM
I cant do that cause my disc tray won't open. The blu-ray player gets frozen while in the first instances of power up so i cant open the disc tray.

RobertThomas
04-02-2012, 11:09 AM
Hi Kwinnie,

Thanks for your help, I have some questions :

this is strange.
for some downgrading solution, we recommend to use a disc instead of USB...

Who is we ? are you a Philips staff member?
What do you mean by downgrading? I am trying to upgrade to the latest firmware.

Just burn the latest firmware to a disc and put the disc to the disc tray. let it load like loading a DVD...
maybe you can try...

Ok I will give it a try

Thanks

kwinnie
04-03-2012, 06:33 AM
"we" means some other users (including mod) that are more active in the forum and me.
after upgrading the device, some users may find issues and would like to roll back to the previous firmware. this is what i mean by downgrade here. upgrade/ downgrade is of the same procedure/ steps.so if USB is not working in any means, then maybe worth trying the disc workaround...

the below message from mod gives you more idea on downgrade ( casual search the word downgrade in the forum)

Dear users,

Thanks for your understanding whilst we are looking into this.
In v1.42, the DMR feature of DLNA has been enabled, but it affected the DLNA performance. In v1.35 DMR was not enabled. We are now working on a new firmware to solve this DLNA performance issue. Please bear with us for some time so that we can make it available as soon as possible for you all. In the meantime, if users wish, we can provide them with v1.35.

Also, please be noted that BDP5200/BDP7600 does not support 40Mhz channel bonding, from the info provided above (from user: htrnb), it looks like you are setting up your AP to channel bond (450Mbps). So this could be the reason why the BDP cannot connect.

Please refer to the below URL for the firmware download. (since the URL is temporary, if you have any difficulties getting the firmware, please contact moderators for help.)

http://wtrns.fr/aasPV5HeoxdE4Y

Firmware downgrading:

Note: Since for BDP5200, we have the same issues. So, v1.35 firmware for BDP5200 is in the pack also.

1. Download firmware from the pack. There is a BDP7600 v1.35 zip file and a BDP5200 v1.35 zip file.
Make sure you have the correct zip file downloaded. There should be a UPG_ALL folder with a BDP**00.bin file after unzipping.

2. Extract the UPG_ALL folder out and put it in a USB root directory or burn it into a disc.

3. Plug the USB with UPG_ALL folder to your player and perform firmware downgrade as usual upgrade or put the disc with the UPG_ALL folder into the disc tray and let it automatically load.

4. Firmware downgrade should start.

* Make sure you only have one "UPG_ALL" folder in the USB/ disc so as to avoid corruption.

Let us know if you have any queries.

With thanks & regards,
Philips Moderator Team

http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?4309-BDP7600-Latest-Firmware-upgrade-(V1.42)-has-been-released/page3&

RobertThomas
04-03-2012, 09:34 AM
"we" means some other users (including mod) that are more active in the forum and me.

Ok thanks kwinnie :)

I'll try it out

RobertThomas
04-04-2012, 09:51 AM
I got a reply from Philips.

"The firmware update for the Philips BDP3000/05 is performed either by internet connection to the player or by USB, the firmware of this product cannot be updated from a disc."

They also previously said this :

"I am sorry to learn that despite sending the firmware on USB, you have still been unable to update your player.

This would suggest that there is an issue with the player and I would recommend that the player is inspected in order that the cause of this can be corrected.

To arrange inspection / repair please call our team on 0844 3380 489 Monday to Friday 8:30am till 8:00pm and Saturdays 9:00am till 6:00pm."

I will try this, but I suspect the machine is out of warranty now, so I'm unlikely to get it repaired. I will only pursue that option if a significant number of Blurays are unplayable.

Pacman
04-04-2012, 10:04 AM
Hi,

It sounds strange to me, I did though the upgrade (as mentioned in an earlier post) and it went really good

1. Download firmware

2. Extract the UPG_ALL folder out and put it in a USB root directory. First i did not extract it and just dumped the whole on my USB but then it did not work. Once I actually extracted it first and then put it on the USB it went great

* Make sure you only have one "UPG_ALL" folder in the USB/ disc so as to avoid corruption.

Bye

Pacman
04-04-2012, 10:13 AM
Hi also click on reject/refuse instead of confirm. On some product of this models the two buttons were inverted... This happened to a friend of mine that contact the call centre long ago

Bye

Oomen
04-04-2012, 10:52 AM
For those of you who can't update the firmware using a USB-stick try altering the filename "UPG_ALL" to "UPG" it worked for me.

However Game of Thrones still doesn't work even after updating to the latest firmware. Screen just goes black after trying to load it and after 10 or so seconds it skips back to the bdp3000 menu. Hope a resolution is available or on it's way.