PDA

View Full Version : DS8550/10 No power problem

RichR1
01-09-2017, 11:38 AM
Hello,

My 5yr old dock has started giving me problems. Over new year it worked fine,using mains and battery power,but now it's suddenly not showing any button illuminations (on off Bluetooth and volume) when on, and when it is on the sound is a low dull crackle. This unrecognisable sound only happens when connected to the mains. When disconnected from mains nothing will work. It also will not pair with any Bluetooth device whilst in this state. Last night some hope, it worked as normal,with iPod on dock and my iPhone via Bluetooth for approximately 10mins then reverted to the previous problems! I'm thinking a battery issue. Can these be bought separately for customers to replace? Tbh after 5 short years of moderate use it is quite disappointing to say the least that I am experiencing such problems. Judging by other posts I've read this doesn't seem the only fault with these devices......

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Richard

Philips - Katerina
01-10-2017, 12:32 PM
Hello Richard,

Welcome to the Philips Support forum and for deciding to talk to us here.
So your trusted friend has started to act really weird. Have you tried to keep it unplugged from the power mains for an hour? If not please do so, plug it back in and see if it keeps on acting this way. If it does I am afraid that it would need to be looked at by a technician for there are no replacement batteries available to buy, unless a technician has them to place them in the speaker.

Many regards,
Philips - Katerina

RichR1
01-12-2017, 07:13 PM
Yes thank you,I have tried that already I'm afraid and nothing seems to change. I've noticed that with the power plugged in or not the iPod with run through its songs but no sound is emitted and the dock buttons are not lit??? Is there a reason why batteries are not available? If

Philips - Katerina
01-13-2017, 07:37 AM
Hello Rich!

It definitely sounds like a technician would need to take a look at it based on what you are describing. As for the batteries, since these are built in we don’t sell them as spare parts. Spare parts that are sold are detachable parts like cables and remotes and batteries that you can pop out.
Your local support center will know more about localized procedures, so if you tell me where you live I can give you their phone number so they can tell you where you can find a technician.

Many regards,
Philips - Katerina

RichR1
01-19-2017, 03:29 PM
I'm afraid it's a very poor product to be sending it to a technician after 5 years of moderate use?! I shall put my money towards buying a dock from a more reputable brand and I advise anyone reading this do not buy a Philips dock.....

Philips - Katerina
02-01-2017, 07:59 AM
Hello!

It has been pretty quiet here for some time and I will close this thread. Feel free to start a new thread or ask one of the moderators to reopen this one in case you have a similar issue.

Kind regards,
Philips Katerina