PDA

View Full Version : Connecting DVP3880/05 to Surround Sound

Wezzylad
01-23-2012, 08:00 PM
Hi Everyone, hope you can help. I've recently purchased this DVD player and after connecting to my 5.1 home cinema system the sound is only coming through as stereo. Connected the co-axial cable from home cinema to dvd player. Connected hdmi cable from dvd player to tv but when entering the audio set up option for the dvd player i am unable to select the co-axial/digital out option as it is shaded. Why ?? Only the analogue output option is available. Really annoying as i want to experience the full HD and Surround Sound experience. Any help / advice much appreciated.

Philips - Thomas
01-24-2012, 11:00 AM
Hi

not sure if this is the right SUbforum for your Question, please share all Informations about other Devices you want to connect (Model No).

Regards
Thomas

Wezzylad
01-24-2012, 07:14 PM
Hi

not sure if this is the right SUbforum for your Question, please share all Informations about other Devices you want to connect (Model No).

Regards
Thomas

Thanks Thomas, problem now sorted.

Had an e-mail from Philips Helpdesk who advised i disable the HDMI audio option on the audio settings screen. Followed their advise and hey presto, i could then select the co-axial option.

Just finished watching "Predators" in glorious Dolby 5.1 surround sound and scared myself witless listening to monsters climbing up the back of the sofa !!