PDA

View Full Version : What keyboard do you use?

Philips - Mark
01-26-2012, 01:56 PM
The 2011 models of TV’s and Blu-Ray players support a USB keyboard.
What keyboard do you use?
Were you able to use the mouse-pointer?
What keyboard offers good user comfort?
Do you know a nice bargain?
We have good experience with:
• Dataflex Mini keyboard USB VS Internationaal
• Inmac i-nova II Multimedia Keyboard PS/2+USB US Black
• KENSINGTON VALUKEYBOARD BLACK US
• AK ULTRAFLAT TOUCHPAD+NUMPAD KEYB. PS 2 GREY US***
• Logitech LOGITECH MK300 WIRELESS DESKTOP US-LAYOUT

Toengel
01-26-2012, 02:31 PM
Hi Mark,

only to be more concrete... as far as I remember, the mouse-pointer is only available in the "open internet app", right?

Toengel@Alex

Perpetual Beta
01-26-2012, 08:40 PM
Keyboard and mouse of "Microsoft Wireless Desktop 800" with german keyboard layout seem to work with the 42PFL7456.

The "Wireless Desktop 800" is cheap made, for casual use. The keys are labeled with adhesive labels.

P.S.: No one wants to alternate two input devices (wireless desktop + remote) several times per minute. That means keyboard & mouse should be able to substitute the remote widely. E.g. selecting volume (or entries from a list) with mouse wheel.

Northguy
01-29-2012, 11:20 AM
It would be great if i could use the software keyboard that is provided with the MyRemote app. It would make typing a lot more convenient. I don't mind using the arrow keys to switch through clickable content. That is quick enough.

Toengel
01-30-2012, 04:44 PM
Hi,

pingback: http://58pfl9955.wordpress.com/2012/01/26/philips-aufruf-zur-kompatibilitt-von-usb-tastaturen-musen-bei-2011er-tvs-und-bdps/

There you can find a list of working/not working keyboards/mices of my blog readers. At the moment two listed devices are not working. Sorry this page is in German. However, you can find two tables. The first one indicate the working hardware (also with links to the vendors). The second table shows the hardware which does not work.

Toengel@Alex

TVMechanic
02-08-2012, 07:28 PM
Hi Mark,

I use a Logitech keyboard, originally designed for Wii, and a Logitech wireless mouse I had left from a cordless desktop. Connected to the 47PFL7606 through an USB hub.