01-27-2012, 10:34 AM
For /51, 12, 05: The most updated firmware version is 1.42
For /93: The most update firmware version is 1.35

--------------------------------------------------

Version 1.42 includes the following change:
YouTube Leanback app is added to NetTV.

Version: 1.35 includes the following changes:

Upgrade Facebook application in NetTV.
Improve playability on HBO Eastbound and Down Season 2.
Improve playback operation on rental movies from online video stores via Net TV.
Remove an unwanted screen saver when playback .mkv files from USB flash drive.
Enable Videociety online video store via Net TV in Germany and Austria.

Kindly download the software at www.philips.com/support

Klecko
02-05-2012, 01:46 AM
For /51, 12, 05: The most updated firmware version is 1.42

--------------------------------------------------

Version 1.42 includes the following change:
YouTube Leanback app is added to NetTV.
Has anyone problem with new version 1.42 software?
BDP 7600 freezes when playing mkv files from USB hard disk or when going to Standbay mode?

Is anybody having same issues or problem with player?

Irwint
02-05-2012, 09:26 PM
Since the latest Update the player doesn't work properly any more!
If I load a DVD, it starts playing for a few seconds, switches the display automatically to "BD-SmartTV" and complains about an "app error", and doesn't react to to the Remote Control anymore!
Only way out is to shut down & restart the player, and hitting the home button before a Disc starts, and then manually starting the play disc option!!

This is the incredible, this player is virtually useless!!!

Please help!

cyberbob
02-05-2012, 11:31 PM
Since the latest Update the player doesn't work properly any more!
If I load a DVD, it starts playing for a few seconds, switches the display automatically to "BD-SmartTV" and complains about an "app error", and doesn't react to to the Remote Control anymore!
Only way out is to shut down & restart the player, and hitting the home button before a Disc starts, and then manually starting the play disc option!!

This is the incredible, this player is virtually useless!!!

Please help!

I have the same issue, when you turn on the player, a few moments later, smart tv shows up.
When i start to play a dvd, the smart tv stays on top. I have to press home, open net-tv, open an application, then press home, and hope the home window is vissable. Then i can start watching a dvd.

Philips, please bugfix this, the player is indeed almost useless vwith this bug.

Philips - Remko
02-06-2012, 07:27 AM
Hi All,

We have noted your issue & are currently looking into it. We will update you as soon as we have more concrete information.

As a quick fix, you might remove your network connection (Wi-fi or Wired) to avoid getting into this scenario.

Kind regards

Irwint
02-06-2012, 05:40 PM
Thanks for the quick response Remko! Look forward to a quick resolution...

surf666
02-07-2012, 05:49 PM
I have this big problem.
After upgrading on version 1.42 on my BDP7600, I can not view Options Menu (By options button on remote controller) in NetTv Internet Browser.
When i try to push Options button while I browsing internet, TV goes to Black screen and I must turn off the Player, to start internet browser again.
When i tried to downgrade back to ver. 1.35 , but the problem still stays, so I cannot zoom all pages in internet browser!!!
So THANK YOU very much for NEW FUNCTIONLESS Firmware....
Do you have some solutions? PLEASE!!!
Thank you
surf666

cyberbob
02-12-2012, 10:11 AM
Try to clear the cache from the net-tv. this solved my problem.

surf666
02-12-2012, 10:59 AM
Try to clear the cache from the net-tv. this solved my problem.
Hi cyberbob,
if You mean the clearing history netTv in the Menu of the player, Yes After I cleared it, I can start internet browser again and browser working. But only to the time, when i touch the Options button in Browser.
After touchhing the button, screen goes black again.
When You touch the Option Button in internet browser, will You see option menu (Zoom, Security info etc.) like before upgrade?
Me NOT :-(
Thanx for your ideas.
surf666

hqt0705
02-14-2012, 02:34 PM
Hi Remko,

since I upgraded my BDP7600/12 with the FW version 1.42, I cannot activate my youtube-favorites!

The Football play of Barcelona or something similar war always shown !

I cannot do anything else!

I hope Philips will be more careful while releasing FW-upgrade!

regards

hqt0705

Can I get somewhere the old version 1.35 ?

hqt0705
02-14-2012, 04:24 PM
Hi Surf666

can you make FW 1.35 for BDP7600/12 available?

regards

hqt0705

surf666
02-14-2012, 09:53 PM
Hi,

I was uploaded old firmware ver. 1.35 on this link

Philips - Remko
02-15-2012, 09:19 AM
Hi surf666,

As you can see I have deleted the link you added, as this is something we do not want to have in the forum.

It is great that you guys help each other out as this is what the forum is for! For cases like this better send a Pm to each other.

Thanks for understanding and kind regards,

hqt0705
02-15-2012, 01:58 PM
thank you surf666

regards

hqt0705

hqt0705
02-15-2012, 02:01 PM
Hi Remko

I live and have a german version of BDP7600/12!

Can I upgrade the FW with the english version?

regards

hqt0705

Toengel
02-15-2012, 02:03 PM
Hi,

the software is multilingual - so, it's the same firmware. However, be sure that you are using the /12 edition.

Toengel@Alex

hqt0705
02-15-2012, 02:55 PM
Thank Toengel

It works now

hqt0705
02-15-2012, 03:18 PM
Hi Remko,

you wrote

As you can see I have deleted the link you added, as this is something we do not want to have in the forum.

My question:

Do we have to wait so long and let the player useless until Philips releases probably a workable version?

Is it the customer-friendly philosophy of Philips? :-(

I think Philips should make at least a workable old version available for download before releasing a new version.

regards

hqt0705

Sofus
02-15-2012, 10:47 PM
I wonder if bdp7600 puts out multichannel audio on HDMI when connected to a pfl9705 TV. The former bdp7500 puts out only stereo on HDMI to my 46pfl9705 (and the TV does too on coax). This complicates surrround sound with correct lip-sync and easy switching between inputs. One can see info on the on the TV on audio, no need for a surround-amp to check status.

Sofus
02-17-2012, 09:55 AM
It does! 7500 still don't put out multichannel audio on HDMI when connected to a pfl9705, but 7600 does :-)

Sofus
02-17-2012, 09:57 AM
My 7600 fw 1.42 crashes and I have to cut the power when playing mp4 - and other times too

Sofus
02-19-2012, 01:36 AM
BDP7600 fw 1.42 has a 0-200ms AUDIO DELAY option, "hidden" and "invisible" at (under) the bottom of the options-list (language, subtitles etc.). This audio/video sync option even works on the analog 7.1- outputs. This feature seems to be added on via fw? Not a word on it in the manual or in the ads for this player...

Vanos
02-25-2012, 11:21 AM
Hi Sofus,

thank you for your post! I have also installed the 1.42 firmware, but cant actually find this option. My "preferences" menu ends with "VCD PBC". Audio would be very interesting for me, because I have an older AVR without the possibility to decode HD Sound codecs and connected the player analogue to it. So I always have some lipsync problems.

Sofus
02-27-2012, 08:53 AM
Play a disc and press the options-button (with three stripes)!

Vanos
03-03-2012, 07:37 PM
Thank you for reply, Ill try that when Im back at home :-)

Sofus
03-03-2012, 07:56 PM
Seems to have effect only on analog out. That is where I need it anyway (7.1, 200 ms fits my TV with natural motion etc,)

olaf-g
03-07-2012, 11:01 AM
Overall I'm kind of disappointed with 1.42. My list of problems:

DLNA is very unstable. The BDP freezes very often when using DLNA so that I have to unplug it and turn it on again. This even happens during playback. Typical behavior is that after reboot the DLNA Server is still gone and the dreaded error message 'no connection to server" comes up. Although I can playback a stream from the very same DLNA server with my DLNA app on my smartphone at the same time -> means DLNA server is working. I get freezes quite often when I'm browsing the DLNA server - much more than with 1.35. Exchanging my wireless router Fritz!box 6360 seemed to reduce freezes but I'm not certain. For sure it was less with BDP firmware 1.35.
Support for DLNA as a renderer stopped working. I used to stream music from my NAS to the BDP 7600 attached to my HIFI using DLNA as a 'virtual cable' and cotrolled it from my notebook or smartphone (with a DLNA app). That was very convenient to have the sound quality of my HIFI, access my whole collection on my NAS and control this streaming from several devices. To achive this I used the BDP as a DLNA renderer. The BDP appears in the list of output devices in my DLNA software on my notebook and on my phone but the stream is not played back. And this worked with 1.35.
The youtube app doesn't support accounts so it's impossible to access you favorites - that's bad. OK, now you have leanback, but what's the point if I can't log in. If I could login I could use my android phone 'YouTube-Remote' App (leanback mode controller) and control the playback from my phone. Moreover not everybody has got an android phone. Would be good to have both a normal player capable of using YouTube accounts and a leanback player.
USB keyboard stopped working.

I will rollback to 1.35 which I still have on my computer. I'm sorry to lose the ARD Mediathek App then which I enjoyed a lot. I hope the next release will better.

My setup:

DLNA server: WD MyBook World with twonky server version 6.0.38
Samsung Nexus S Android phone running Skifta DLNA app v. 1.03
Fritz!Box 6360 with 11n wireless.
BDP 7600/12 with 1.42 firmware

kwinnie
03-08-2012, 02:59 AM
any one confirms this also?

Philips - QK
03-08-2012, 09:24 AM
Dear olaf-g,

Thanks for giving us your valuable reviews .

We have fed back this issue to our development team and we are looking into these issues. Should you have any information to add upon these issues (especially on issue 1 and issue 4 you mentioned since we cannot reproduce the issue), please let us know.

We will update you as soon as we have more concrete information.

With thanks & regards,
Philips Moderation Team

Htrnb
03-08-2012, 04:03 PM
The 1.42 version give me a lot of problems. Where can I found the 1.35 version to install it?

Common bug in 1.42 and 1.35: if I set the wireless network on my router to 450Mbit/s, the player cannot connects. I need to set to 217Mbit/s. It very strange because one time the player got the connection and it reached a 300Mbit/s. My other device has no problem both with 450Mbit/s and 217Mbit/s. The router is new!

Bugs in 1.42:
Wifi very unstable
DLNA is very unstable: the BD freezes. (as olaf-g)
I cannot stream in DLNA any kind of videos, photo or music. BD exits and says "Disconneted server" (as olaf-g). The server is working.
I have tried with different DLNA server and with other devices works all perfcectly, with the BD is impossibile to stream anything.

Please: give me a valid link to the 1.35 version.

Blackcurrant
03-08-2012, 07:09 PM
The 1.42 version give me a lot of problems. Where can I found the 1.35 version to install it?

Common bug in 1.42 and 1.35: if I set the wireless network on my router to 450Mbit/s, the player cannot connects. I need to set to 217Mbit/s. It very strange because one time the player got the connection and it reached a 300Mbit/s. My other device has no problem both with 450Mbit/s and 217Mbit/s. The router is new!

Bugs in 1.42:
Wifi very unstable
DLNA is very unstable: the BD freezes. (as olaf-g)
I cannot stream in DLNA any kind of videos, photo or music. BD exits and says "Disconneted server" (as olaf-g). The server is working.
I have tried with different DLNA server and with other devices works all perfcectly, with the BD is impossibile to stream anything.

Please: give me a valid link to the 1.35 version.

Philips clearly doesn't have the resources to invest in software that's fit for purpose. I suggest you try Sony or Samsung or wait for Apple to bring out a blu-ray player or smart TV with streaming function and apps that actually work.

Sofus
03-08-2012, 10:20 PM
Internet is very unstable on my 7600 also. The player crashes all the time and I then have to unplug it. Seems connecting a keyboard makes things worse (and works only now and then, partly due to hangups caused by the stupid and complicating "show keyboard"/red button nonsense).

Philips - QK
03-09-2012, 05:44 AM
Dear users,

Thanks all for confirming this DLNA and wireless network issue. I will pass your comments to our development team. Moreover, we are now looking into possibilities of a new firmware to resolve DLNA issue. We will update you all as soon as we have more concrete information.

Thanks for your patience whilst we are looking into the issue.

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

Chrissie18
03-09-2012, 08:03 AM
Dear olaf-g,

Thanks for giving us your valuable reviews .

We have fed back this issue to our development team and we are looking into these issues. Should you have any information to add upon these issues (especially on issue 1 and issue 4 you mentioned since we cannot reproduce the issue), please let us know.

We will update you as soon as we have more concrete information.

With thanks & regards,
Philips Moderation Team

I also have network problems with the BSP5200: From the start it has been freezing occasionally when connected to the network, so I even decided to leave the player disconnected.

The player has been to service, where they concluded threre was nothing wrong with my player and that it had to be something else: 'check user's network'.
But actually it's the only device that has any problems with it. Our Philips TV is connected to the same router and has absolutely not problems.
We have one DSL modem router (100MB), which is connected to a switch (1GB, connected to desktop PCs, Home Server), which is connected to another router (1GB used as switch: TV, MediaCenter and BDP).

Chris

olaf-g
03-09-2012, 12:49 PM
Inspired by Htrnb's post I experimented with the wireless at my house. As I noticed a difference when I used my travel wireless router and Htrnb experienced less problems at lower wireless connection speeds I connected my old wireless router which I bought 3 years ago. It's a Buffalo AirStation Nfiniti WHR-G300N v1. It supports 11n but when it was still draft-n. And with this router I have no problems at all. No freezes, DLNA works like charm and it's fast and stable. I can stream even 1080p mkv files with DLNA over wireless. Looks like the freezes were all related to the wireless. The wireless settings of the BDP tells me that it's connected at 300 Mbps with WPA2-PSK encryption - that was the same with the other routers.

So what is the difference? My Fritz!Box 6360 and my travel router (ASUS WL-330N3G) are both quite new devices. The buffalo is about 3 years old. In 11n mode the buffalo doesn't support the 5 GHz band but uses 2 channels in the 2.4 GHz band - which was actually a problem for my old notebook with an Intel 4965AGN. But for the BDP it seems to be even the better way. All my other wireless devices (old notebook HP nc6120, old notebook ThinkPad T61, netbook ASUS Eee PC 1001P, notebook ThinkPad T520, iPhone 3G, phone Samsung Nexus S) do not have a problem with the newer routers.

I revisited the USB-keyboard issue. I tried again with another keyboard because the first one I tried was rather old and I found out that the keyboard was broken. A Keyboard and even a mouse are working fine with the browser. Sorry for the wrong 'bug-report'. But I found another problem. When I'm in the browser and I press the option key I end up with a totally black screen and only the home button gets me out of there. When I reenter NetTV then I just get back to black screen. Can only be solved by a reboot.

So probably look into the wireless stuff of the BDP. I'm considering to buy a powerline adapter as it would make me independent from any kind of wireless problems.

Thanks @Philips-QK, I'm very pleased that such bug-reports are being forwarded to engineering. I hope it will be helpful... Well, a little selfish hope ;)

olaf-g
03-09-2012, 01:17 PM
I forgot to mention that my DLNA experience got much better since I upgraded the twonky DLNA server on my NAS (WD My Book Live) from the pre-installed outdated version 5.1.9 to the newer 6.0.38. Since then I can pause and seek streams and time search is working with the BDP 7600 as a client. I had to purchase a twonky license as I was unable to find the license file on the NAS but the much improved DLNA experience was worth it. If you also own a WD My Book Live you can find instructions for this update in this discussion (http://mybookworld.wikidot.com/forum/t-305396).

If you also are using an old version of twonky then check if you can update. With older versions, such as 5.1.9, some features like pausing and seeking streams are not working with the BDP 7600 although this worked perfectly with the XMBC media center software as a DLNA client.

Micha
03-09-2012, 06:29 PM
Hi all,

I have the same DLNA Problems which olaf-g described.

My BDP7600 is connected via LAN / D-LAN and not via WLAN. I use a very old version of Twonky 4.4.18 or so (running on a Buffalo Linkstation Live). I try to upgrade my Twonky and will report the result.

But I didn't expect so many "freezing" problems with the player.

Micha

Micha
03-11-2012, 09:30 AM
Hi,

I tried the TwonkyServer version 6.0.39, but I have the same problems as the version 4.4.18. I tried also other DLNA serves (e. g. iMediaShare on my Andorid smartphone) and I have also the same "freezing" problems.

Sometime I think I am to fast. When I browse slow through the browser, than mostly all is fine. But when I browse quick through the browser I have very often the effect that the browser freezes (e. g. when the cursor is on the first entry in the list and I click and hold the down button, then the cursor scrolls down. When the cursor is then on the last visible entry and the first unvisible entry shall be display, the browser freezes. This bug is repeatable).

I hope, you understand me.

Micha

olaf-g
03-12-2012, 09:35 AM
Within the last days I again experienced freezes when browsing DLNA resources, so the wifi is not everything. I can confirm Micha's report about freezes when navigating quickly with the DLNA browser: freeze when the cursor is on the last item while pushing and holding the down arrow and the cursor moved quickly down from the top. The typical use case is that I enter a folder and I know that the media I want to play is very far down in the list so I try to get there quickly.

Moreover I noticed that if the navigable column contains folders with a lot of content and I try to 'pass by' these folders quickly the BDP tries to display the contents of such folder and this slows down navigation. All these problems occur when I'm in the 'by folder' navigation mode. Sometimes I experience freezes also in the photo browser. I think it's always certain images which make the BDP crash. But I have to try to reproduce it and check if quick and slow navigation makes a difference.

But the last days I didn't run into the 'No connection to server' error message anymore. This issue seems to be fixed for me after I switched to my old wifi router. When I said before that I experience no freezes anymore then I was probably navigating slowly.

@Micha the updated twonky did not solve the freezes for me but since the update I can pause and seek streams.

Htrnb
03-12-2012, 02:22 PM
I will do a test with the BD connected with the cable and not on wifi.
Somebody can give me the 1.35 version?

I hope that the development team will relase a software in a fast time. It is not possibile to have a lot of issue...

Htrnb
03-12-2012, 08:11 PM
I have just tested the 7600 with ethernet connection and it has worked perfectly: no crash, no lag, very fast and stable.

The problem with the new firmware is for the WiFi connection. With the 1.35 version I can stream .avi or .mkv: now with WiFi it is impossibile!

I quote my self to highlight a problem that is common with the old and the new version of the firmware, but with the old firmware was possibile to steam movie...

Philips - QK
03-13-2012, 05:54 AM
Dear users,

Thanks for your understanding whilst we are looking into this.
In v1.42, the DMR feature of DLNA has been enabled, but it affected the DLNA performance. In v1.35 DMR was not enabled. We are now working on a new firmware to solve this DLNA performance issue. Please bear with us for some time so that we can make it available as soon as possible for you all. In the meantime, if users wish, we can provide them with v1.35.

Also, please be noted that BDP5200/BDP7600 does not support 40Mhz channel bonding, from the info provided above (from user: htrnb), it looks like you are setting up your AP to channel bond (450Mbps). So this could be the reason why the BDP cannot connect.

Please refer to the below URL for the firmware download. (since the URL is temporary, if you have any difficulties getting the firmware, please contact moderators for help.)

http://wtrns.fr/aasPV5HeoxdE4Y

Firmware downgrading:

Note: Since for BDP5200, we have the same issues. So, v1.35 firmware for BDP5200 is in the pack also.

1. Download firmware from the pack. There is a BDP7600 v1.35 zip file and a BDP5200 v1.35 zip file.
Make sure you the correct zip file downloaded. There should be a UPG_ALL folder with a BDP**00.bin file after unzipping.

2. Extract the UPG_ALL folder out and put it in a USB root directoryor burn it into a disc.

3. Plug the USB with UPG_ALL folder to your player and perform firmware upgrade as usual upgrade or put the disc with the UPG_ALL folder into the disc tray and let it automatically load.

4. Firmware downgrade should start.

* Make sure you only have one "UPG_ALL" folder in the USB/ disc so as to avoid corruption.

Let us know if you have any queries.

With thanks & regards,
Philips Moderator Team

Toengel
03-13-2012, 07:09 AM
Hi,

before downgrading, remove any disc from the tray - it's always better ;-)

Toengel@Alex

Philips - QK
03-13-2012, 09:29 AM
Dear olaf-g & Htrnb,

Could you please provide us with more information:
* In the renderer profiles for serviio, did you select Generic DLNA or Philips?
* Also did you enable transcoding?

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

Htrnb
03-13-2012, 10:35 AM
Also, please be noted that BDP5200/BDP7600 does not support 40Mhz channel bonding, from the info provided above (from user: htrnb), it looks like you are setting up your AP to channel bond (450Mbps). So this could be the reason why the BDP cannot connect.

The 450Mbps is backward compatible with the 217Mbps, so it is needed that the device negotiate for the 217Mbps instead of the 450Mbps. I set the 217Mbps but the instability of the connection remains.

Could you please provide us with more information:
* In the renderer profiles for serviio, did you select Generic DLNA or Philips?
* Also did you enable transcoding?

I set the router on WiFi 217Mbps: it can connect, but it does not work: very slow, lose connection, impossible to stream .avi or .mkv.
With cable connection (ethernet gigabit), as I have said here (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?4309-BDP7600-Latest-Firmware-upgrade-(V1.42)-has-been-released&p=28902&viewfull=1#post28902), it works perfectly. The problem is not the DLNA client, but the WiFi on the BDP7600 with the 1.42 version.

I don't use the serviio but Twnoky, Tversity and MiniDLNA without transcode and the default setting for DLNA server: the BDP7600 connected with the cable works perfectly and in WiFi not. This is a problem of WiFi connection.

@for olaf-g: have you tried the BDP7600 connected with the cable with the 1.42 version? Does it work with DLNA? For me it works great with the cable, but I cannot use the cable where I put the player.

Micha
03-14-2012, 06:42 AM
Hi all,

I have just tested the 7600 with ethernet connection and it has worked perfectly: no crash, no lag, very fast and stable.

The problem with the new firmware is for the WiFi connection. With the 1.35 version I can stream .avi or .mkv: now with WiFi it is impossibile!

Not on my side. I have also just tested with ethernet connection (never with WiFi) and I have chrashes (at last test: 5 times in one hour).

I will test the formware 1.35 and will report the result.

@Philips support: Thanks for help!

Bye Micha

Micha
03-14-2012, 04:34 PM
So, I downgraded my BDP7600 to version 1.35 and I have the same problems as the version 1.42.

I made the following test: In my directory "pictures" I have a lot of subdirectories. I select the first entry of the list of subdirectories, then click and hold the down button on my remote control. When the last visible entry is selected and the first unvisible entry should be displayed, the BDP freeses.

Bye Micha

Philips - QK
03-19-2012, 03:35 AM
Dear Micha,

I have fed back your issue to our development team and I will update you when I receive feedback from the team.
Thanks for reporting your issue.

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

olaf-g
03-19-2012, 12:52 PM
Since I'm connected to my old wireless router I have much less problems. Freezing is reduced to the issue user Micha has described. Other than that I experience reproducable freezes when starting playback of certain files. No error message stating that file can't be played back - just freeze.

@Philips: Using the BDP as a DLNA renderer still does not work. My DLNA server is also twonky. Sorry, I can't check it right now but I hope that in the next couple of days I'll find some time to check if I can find such settings.

@Htrnb: I checked out with cable and it works very well. But since I use my old router it's stable, too. Anyway, I consider buying a powerline network adaptor (such as this one (http://www.tp-link.com/en/products/details/?categoryid=1862&model=TL-PA210KIT)) which costs only like 40 €. Then I operate only one wireless access point again and the BDP will get high bandwidth independent from the wireless and I don't have to convince my wife to accept another cable in the living room ;) Couldn't such device be a solution for you, too?

surf666
03-22-2012, 11:14 AM
I have this big problem.
After upgrading on version 1.42 on my BDP7600, I can not view Options Menu (By options button on remote controller) in NetTv Internet Browser.
When i try to push Options button while I browsing internet, TV goes to Black screen and I must turn off the Player, to start internet browser again.
Have you anybody same problem, like me?
Thank you for your answers

surf666

Pacman
03-23-2012, 04:58 PM
Hi,

in SmartTV this key is reserved to app implementation. i.e. in the portal it will have some functions, in open internet other and in the app like youtube it will be up to youtube.

Bye

centpede
04-06-2012, 08:17 PM
Dear Support-Team,

there is an increasing number of 3D BluRays, which are not working together with the BDP7600. A popular example: Ice Age 3. The 3D-perspective is blurry and cloudy, overall not usable. The reason is, that the 3D-framepaket is using reverse order for the left and the right frame. Other systems (BluRay player from another manufacturers and mediaplayer) are supporting Left/Right-switch to avoid this problem. This is not a "nice-to-have-feature", but a basic functionality for a 3D BluRay player to make an increasing number of 3D BluRay discs working. The problem belongs to the 3D functionality only, 2D is working without any problem. So it would be great, if a left/right switch is possible with the next firmware update.

Best Regards.

beemer
04-10-2012, 08:55 AM
Hello can any one tell me howe it's possible that when i put a dvd on a usb stick and i'll play it with the philips that my subs are fat so i cant read them, when i burn the same movie on a dvd and play it than my subs are normale,howe is this possible?
Sorry for my english but i'm dutch

Htrnb
04-10-2012, 07:41 PM
I have sold my BDP7600. I cannot way more than one month to have a working product on WiFi. In the last week, I cannot play any contents on my DLNA server using WiFi (with the version 1.35 too).
I have bought the WD TV live plus (with Wifi inside) that works perfectly without changing my configuration. I can stream any kind of mkv without lag or error message: “Server disconnected”. I can stream mkv with 1080p resolution and bitrate higher than 8.5Mbit/s that was impossible with the BDP7600.
I think that the problems of the BDP7600 are present only in WiFi, but I bought a BD player with WiFi, because I need WiFi.

kwinnie
04-11-2012, 11:00 AM
sorry to hear this... but also glad that you found a product u said works perfectly
hope this fw will be out soon.

Caribbean Boy
04-13-2012, 07:35 PM
I've recently purchased a BDP7600/05 (Serial No. KX1A1111446574) as the specification is good and it's not Cinavia compliant. (I checked this by playing the Cinavia-infected blu-ray disc "Salt".)

The SW version is 1.09, so I guess I should upgrade. But as 1.42 seems to have a lot of problems, should I upgrade to 1.35 and, if so, how can i get it?

I've another question: when will this player be able to play BD-RE DL discs?

beemer
04-20-2012, 08:37 PM
Hello can any one tell me howe it's possible that when i put a dvd on a usb stick and i'll play it with the philips that my subs are fat so i cant read them, when i burn the same movie on a dvd and play it than my subs are normale,howe is this possible?
Sorry for my english but i'm dutch

My net tv isn't working anymore it stays on a background screen so i won't get any errors but it stays on that screen???
Any one with a sollution

Toengel
04-21-2012, 09:38 AM
Hi,

try to delete your NetTV cache and also make a cold reboot (pull power cord for 2-3 minutes).

Toengel@Alex

beemer
04-21-2012, 11:05 AM
Hi,

try to delete your NetTV cache and also make a cold reboot (pull power cord for 2-3 minutes).

Toengel@Alex

I have done that already doesn't work also when i put the player on power off with the remote than it hangs on standby and i'll have to pull out the power cord?

Pacman
04-22-2012, 07:46 AM
You are having the latest fw installed no? did you have this with the former software version also??

Bye

beemer
04-22-2012, 01:59 PM
You are having the latest fw installed no? did you have this with the former software version also??

Bye

I've installed the latest fw the player is about a month old and was allready with the latest fw.

beemer
04-22-2012, 02:41 PM

Bye
Where can i download firmware v1.35 than i can downcrade the player and than upgrade again maybe this will work?

Pacman
04-23-2012, 11:56 AM
The link that was there is not working anymore, heard though when I had to talk with the call centre that a new one is on its way..

beemer
04-23-2012, 10:06 PM
The link that was there is not working anymore, heard though when I had to talk with the call centre that a new one is on its way..

I've solved the problem i choose factory settings than the player froze on resseting and than i unplugged the power cable and restart again, than i had to fill in my wifi again and my net tv it was like the first time when i started the player,very strange bud it's working again.Thanks for the support

vtpeters
04-24-2012, 11:05 PM
Hi,

I hope I'm just in time to warn you. Today I bought a Philips BDP6000/12 to replace my Cinavia infected PS3 and immediately upgraded the firmware to version 1.42 (at no risk, I can return the unit if I'm not pleased).

I tested on Cinavia and found out it is present and activated in firmware 1.42.

I found an older firmware version (1.35) somewhere on the net and was able to downgrade the player from version 1.42 to 1.35. I tested on Cinavia again and this time around it seemed Cinavia was disables,

Stick with firmware 1.35 or lower if you don't want your player to have Cinavia enabled...

Caribbean Boy
05-02-2012, 08:13 PM
The documentation for 1.42 does not mention cinavia. This is unacceptable especially as Philips does not provide previous versions of the firmware. I can't find 1.35 anywhere.

vtpeters
05-03-2012, 10:48 PM
The documentation for 1.42 does not mention cinavia. This is unacceptable especially as Philips does not provide previous versions of the firmware. I can't find 1.35 anywhere.

I agree, any fixed errors and added features should be mentioned in the release note. The enabling of Cinavia is an example of an added feature that should be mentioned. Especially since its presense influences the way you can use the hardware and content you bought with your hard earned cash.

On a personal note:
I found the link to the earlier version of the firmware (for the BDP5200, which is the same for my BDP6000) somewhere here on these Philips Support forums. Can't remember which one, but maybe you can find it using an internet search engine like Google.

hvgsel
05-09-2012, 07:49 PM
Any news on an update after 1,42, in order to solve the problems mentioned here?

Grtz, Hugo

beemer
05-10-2012, 10:32 PM
Any news on an update after 1,42, in order to solve the problems mentioned here?

Grtz, Hugo

There is a new fw versie 1.55 my downloaded it today i can't find any thing about it on internet and i don't know wat changed?Tomorrow philips is going to pick up my player because some times the player opens de trade (lade) by him self and sometimes it's closed again and sometimes it stays open?and the hanging issu then you have to pul out the power cable

hvgsel
05-11-2012, 12:42 AM
Where did you get this update; via the network update on the player? Or...?
When i see your experience with, it might not bring an improvement.

Philips - QK
05-11-2012, 06:49 AM

Grtz, Hugo

Dear hvgsel,

If you are referring to the DLNA and Wi-Fi issue, there is some improvements in these areas. Please help testing out. In case there are any other issues found, please let us know.

Thanks & regards,
Philips Moderation Team

beemer
05-11-2012, 07:43 AM
Where did you get this update; via the network update on the player? Or...?
When i see your experience with, it might not bring an improvement.

it came via the network but the problems where before the update and i don't know if the problems are still there after the update,it seems like net tv is much faster.This morning the player was on standby and yesterday i've put it out this was also one problem before the update.

hvgsel
05-11-2012, 06:57 PM
Dear hvgsel,

If you are referring to the DLNA and Wi-Fi issue, there is some improvements in these areas. Please help testing out. In case there are any other issues found, please let us know.

Thanks & regards,
Philips Moderation Team

Are you referring to the 1.55 update? I cannot find it on the support site, as i prefer to update via USB.
Is the player somewhat more usable now? I do not see any referral to DLNA and Wifi in the fix-list.
With 1.42 it was terrible, so i had to go back to 1.35 which in turn has it's own problems, hanging a lot of times in different situations.
I am willing to test it, if i can download the firmware.

It's still sad that a BDP of around € 175,- still is working partially almost a year after release.

Philips - QK
05-14-2012, 06:09 AM
Dear hvgsel,

Yes, I am referring to v1.55. My colleague has uploaded that last week, but seems we have some sort of server issue that the new firmware is not reflected. We are now looking into the issue with our IT. Please bear with us some time for this.

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team