Toengel
01-27-2012, 02:25 PM
Hi,

excellent! Looking forward to it :-)

Toengel@Alex

Toengel
01-27-2012, 03:05 PM
Hi Mark,

one question: Is this new layout fixed to 16:9 or does it automatically adapt also to 21:9 if available?

Toengel@Alex

Philips - Mark
01-27-2012, 03:21 PM
Sorry Alex, still 16:9 format, it does not stretch or adapt to 21:9.

DerShortyy
01-27-2012, 03:45 PM
Coming soon

Hi Mark,

that does coming soon mean? Next week, next month...

Philips - Mark
01-27-2012, 04:32 PM
First we will put an announcement on the TV.
When accessing Net TV you will also see a “coming soon” message.
A few days later we will put it live.

smart
01-27-2012, 09:43 PM
Hi,

looks very promising! Thanks for the details on the new portal!

I like the new layout and styling. The pictures explain the functionality quite good, one is getting a good picture of the changes.

Toengel
01-27-2012, 10:56 PM
First we will put an announcement on the TV.
When accessing Net TV you will also see a “coming soon” message.

Hi,

already available in German IP-EPG/NetTV... :-)

Toengel@Alex

smart
01-27-2012, 11:35 PM
Yes, I have just seen it, too.

If you follow the link, you can see a screenshot of the new portal.

smart
01-28-2012, 12:50 AM
I have been following the link "Coming soon" a second time. Then there was a different picture shown.

I have never seen this screen when talking about SmartTV. Is this the screen for 2009 TVs, since they do not support PiP?
Or is this an updated version for 2010? I don't think so, to remove the PiP would be a step backwards.

smart
01-28-2012, 12:52 AM
On all pictures, I do not see a description for the red button. Is there no function? Or is this a surprise? Or will it get an description if a function is available in a specific context?

"App Gallery" might be a function for the red button.

smart
01-28-2012, 12:57 AM
Sorry Alex, still 16:9 format, it does not stretch or adapt to 21:9.
The resolution (and following form that) the aspect ratio for this is given by the Opera Browser and the Opera Backend, right?

I can't remember whery exactly, but I think, I have read this somewhere in the specs/ads of the Opera TV platform. Something like 1280x720 has to be supported as minimum and 1920x1080 is optionally. Somewhere in the guidelines of creating apps for the opera store...

Found the requirement in TV App Development Documentation published by Opera:

Toengel
01-28-2012, 10:27 AM
On all pictures, I do not see a description for the red button. Is there no function? Or is this a surprise? Or will it get an description if a function is available in a specific context?

"App Gallery" might be a function for the red button.

Hi,

I'm speculating: Maybe the new portal I now opend via the blue button, which does not have any effect during watching TV. The red button cannot be used since this opens the HBBTV offerings. However, the portal is closed via the red button.

But we will see - as Mark announced the portal go live some days after the "comming soon" messages... ;-)

Toengel@Alex

Erikrijnders
01-28-2012, 01:42 PM
Would like to see the new look of IPG ............

Or is the update provided all there is ???????????

Chrissie18
01-29-2012, 03:01 PM
Also in the dutch NetTV is the 'coming soon', so I will be watching NetTV each day next week... :D

Chris

starterz
01-30-2012, 09:29 AM
Seen the announcement here in Macedonia too :-) Looks very good, can't wait to give it a first try. Some questions:

1. Will this be a complete upgrade of "NetTV" into "SmartTV"? Will we only see the new interface?
2. Will all chosen apps stay, or we will have to choose/move apps from scratch?
3. Will login information for different services be kept?

Thanks for the hard work, stay well.

Philips - Mark
01-30-2012, 09:44 AM
All your settings with the Apps, added Apps, adult lock, open internet favorites, passwords and log-in settings remain in the new Smart TV layout.

Chrissie18
02-01-2012, 08:44 PM
Still pushing the Home button anxiously each day ;)
But as it is 'only' the NetTV part that will be changed into 'SmartTV' I was wondering if the NetTV icon in the home screen will be changed...
And wouldn't this need an FW update as this is part of the TV?

Still only 2 more days in this working week... :rolleyes: ;)

diego.p77
02-02-2012, 10:11 AM
Goodmornig,
a little question: The "Video on Demand" corner is available in Italy, or not?

exitido
02-03-2012, 04:58 PM
Seen the announcement here in Macedonia too :-) Looks very good, can't wait to give it a first try. Some questions:

1. Will this be a complete upgrade of "NetTV" into "SmartTV"? Will we only see the new interface?
2. Will all chosen apps stay, or we will have to choose/move apps from scratch?
3. Will login information for different services be kept?

Thanks for the hard work, stay well.

For 2009 and 2010 tv its only a new skin

zdravkoco
02-03-2012, 07:24 PM
Finally Smart TV on my screen (40PFL6626 H/12)
Well it is nice to see improvement.

exitido
02-03-2012, 08:15 PM
i already installed wuaki tv in a 2010 tv :eek:

Alfermister
02-03-2012, 08:15 PM
My dvd player now displays an error message when i click on net tv. Anyone else having this problem? I see the new screen for smart tv flash up for a second, then a blue screen that says the app is invalid and will be removed from my home screen. I can click off this back to the smart tv screen, but none of the apps work- even the app to add apps doesn't function!

Toengel
02-03-2012, 08:18 PM
Hi,

at the moment Philips is performing the changeover to the new portal - give them some time...

Toengel@Alex

Alfermister
02-03-2012, 08:28 PM
Thanks toengel, you were right- 15 mins later and it's working great!

Chrissie18
02-03-2012, 08:30 PM
I get the 'currently unavailable for maintenance'..
Hmmm.. dangerous decision to do this on a friday night, just for the weekend...

Goo... ehm... break-a-leg, and I'm realy curious for the results!

Greets,
Chris

Toengel
02-03-2012, 08:52 PM
Hi,

first impression: very nice ;-)

My buglist on German interface:

top left: "Now on TV" => "Jetzt im TV". However, here it would be really cool to have the channel NAME instead.
bottom right: there is no space between "Feedback" and "Nutzungsbedingungen"

light blue text on blue background: this is not a good German sentence... "...das Fernsehen..." does not fit here
red button: "Remove" => "Entfernen"
yellow button: "Bookmark" => "Lesezeichen"

Toengel@Alex

Slaanesh
02-03-2012, 09:08 PM
Hi,

my brandnew BDP7600/12 also tells me that the 'SmartTV-App' is not valid and it's going to be removed from my screen.
Are there any information about how long this maintenance is going to last or wether I have to perform some upgrades or else to get access to SmartTV?

Thanks in advance.

Slaanesh

Toengel
02-03-2012, 09:10 PM
Hi,

quick question - is your BDP updated with the latest 1.42 firmware?

Toengel@Alex

Toengel
02-03-2012, 09:22 PM
Hi,

more "issues":

- my TV restarted (140.46) during showing the portal (and doing nothing)
- the "Online TV" is present twice: with new icon and old icon. However, the "old icon" = TED app

and most important

- the EPG info suggestions (top right area) shows information of broadcasts which are already in the past

Toengel@Alex

Philips - Mark
02-03-2012, 09:40 PM
Good observations Alex, thanks!
It’s put on our to-do list.

Because all connected TV’s are collecting the new data, the response of the portal is slow.
It will stabilize and improve in time.

Please select the option button on the remote control and choose “Reload page”, if not all pictures are shown.

Earthling
02-03-2012, 11:56 PM
Hi there,

I own a BDP8000/78 running 1.60 firmware and since this morning I got the new Smart Tv layout. Whatīs bugging me is that none of the Apps is loading anymore. All the icons for the Apps are on the screen but are ineffective! The only thing I can do with them is move, lock or remove!

Before the upgrade to the new Smart Tv all the Apps were working fine!

Is that due to the transition? Any idea of when they will be fully functional again?

Regards to all

DragonFire
02-04-2012, 04:20 AM
I have a problem with the new NET tv.

After the new update all that is on the screen is date, clock and weather widget.
at the bottom it just says Terms of use and register, but i cant click on register for some reason.

When i clear the net tv memory and enter without registering me it all works, but as soon i register again all the apps are gone again.

This happens on my 46pfl9705 tv and bdp7600 blu ray player. I have also updated the firmware on both.
What is happpening?

Earthling
02-04-2012, 05:28 AM
I have a problem with the new NET tv.

After the new update all that is on the screen is date, clock and weather widget.
at the bottom it just says Terms of use and register, but i cant click on register for some reason.

When i clear the net tv memory and enter without registering me it all works, but as soon i register again all the apps are gone again.

This happens on my 46pfl9705 tv and bdp7600 blu ray player. I have also updated the firmware on both.
What is happpening?

Hi DragonFire,

Iīve got a similar issue here!

The Apps are there but they donīt seem to work anymore! If I select them and click on them they simply donīt work.

But as on your equipment, the only working thing is the clock, date and weather widget.

Hope the Philips team sees to this soon!

Regards

smart
02-04-2012, 09:23 AM
Hi,

first of all very nice portal. Functionality and usability is much improved and it is a really friendly looking ui.

The first starts of the new portal, I got a message in the recommendations area, saying something like: "Some recommendations will be shown based on your usage. You can turn this off in the options."

Which options are meant? I did not find any options to turn usage saving off. I do not want to turn it off, but I would like to know which options can be changed and where they are.

Found the options: Outer ring on diamond down.

smart
02-04-2012, 09:25 AM
I also have a bug:

Viewster is marked with a red signed. When I try to open Viewster app, it says, the app is no longer available and will be removed. Then it does not get removed and the focus is nowhere. Pressing the direction keys, I can't select anything on the screen. It needs to reload the page.

I will try to make a video showing the behaviour...

Toengel
02-04-2012, 10:10 AM
Found the options: Outer ring on diamond down.

Hi,

this option is only available, if one has a "highlight" (the cursor) in the top right big box (where the recommondations are).

Toengel@Alex

Toengel
02-04-2012, 10:11 AM
I also have a bug:

Viewster is marked with a red signed.

Hi,

I also had Viewser with a red sign. I removed it and added it again. However, after that, I had a red sign on viewster on my BDP.

Philips, are there different Viewster versions for BDP/TV?

Toengel@Alex

DerShortyy
02-04-2012, 01:03 PM
Hi,

I also had Viewser with a red sign. I removed it and added it again. However, after that, I had a red sign on viewster on my BDP.

Philips, are there different Viewster versions for BDP/TV?

Toengel@Alex

Yes there are like different videociety versions for TV and HTS

DerShortyy
02-04-2012, 01:19 PM
i already installed wuaki tv in a 2010 tv :eek:

where did you find the app? which country settings did you use?

exitido
02-04-2012, 01:31 PM
My tv its a:

Philips 7605 with 140.46 firmware

I search for the app in the appgallery in spain category.

BUT WUAKITV DONT WORK.

You can only see trailers, but when you want to see a movie, you only can see "CARGANDO" (loading) in the screen, and never load anything, after a while the tv will be restarted automatically.

I write to wuaki.tv and say that 2010 model its not supported.

But, why i can install wuaki.tv in my 2010 tv?
Why i can see only trailers, but not a entire movie?

Toengel
02-04-2012, 01:39 PM
Hi,

movies are encrpted (DRM) - that feature is only available on 2011 TVs. Trailes are not encrypted - so you can see them on 2010 TVs.

Toengel@Alex

Toengel
02-04-2012, 01:51 PM
Hi,

more bugs (German interface)

top left: there is no space between the app name and "your feedback" - however, it would be better to insert a " - " instead
top center: bad translation: "Ich mag" => "Mag ich"
top right: bad translation: "Ich mag nich" => "Mag ich nicht"
bottom left: bad translation: "Aufheben" => "Abbrechen"
bottom right: no translation: "Submit" => "Absenden"

The option to disable recommondations is not clear. One have:

"Empfehlungen ein" (Recommondation on)
"Empfehlungen aus" (Recommondation off)
However, does "on" mean, that it is already on OR that one need to press the item to turn it on. In the second case it is much better to change the item text to "Empfehlungen einschalten" ("Switch on recommondations") and "Empfehlungen ausschalten" ("Switch off Recommondations") respectively.

Toengel@Alex

bta
02-04-2012, 01:55 PM
Hi together,

first I want to say that the new portal is an improvement and some remarks that are done by the users of this forum are considered - thx for that.

second I want to confirm the so far bugs at my tv set 40pfl7605h12 at fw 140.46:
- german typos at the smart tv home
- bug with TED and its icon (the old OnlineTV that is matchend wrong)
- problems with viewster - I have removed it by hand but can no longer find it at AppGallery - so whats up with Viewster?

third my observations:
- the little lighter triangle in the left top corner of PiP and recommendations is over designed

- with the AppIcons: I see two lines with Icons, but when I try to reorder them with the green button I recognized that are technical organized as 6 columns - that is not "native"

- the weather widgeth is linked to MeteoNews, but MeteoNew is a real buggy App - so if MeteoNews is a SmartTV home page Partner, they should do an App that runs without so many bugs. See this topic (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?2878-New-on-Net-TV-MeteoNews) for details.

- The focus is hart to find because its not done in a consequent manner: Sometimes its the text itself, sometimes its a frame around an icon, sometimes its a highlighted background, sometimes its a square sometimes its a round button. I looks like that each programmer has done his one thing.

- why is the QuickGuide removed and not updated?

- the design of "Philips TV tutorials" should be adaped to the new SmartTV design

- the AppGallery is unstable and seems to be caught between the two worlds

- the InternetApp is caught in the old world ;)

- the IP-EPG is caught in the old world ;) - with all its bugy details.

Enjoy your TV, it's fun!
bta.

PS: to the 21:9 users; you only have the high end TVs of the philips product range, additional the 21:9 aspect ratio is a unique feature (as ambiligth) - so why should there be a adapted SmartTV layout - what are you expecting? :p
Ok this was ironic, but perhaps somewhere i the future the layout bugs at the 16:9 will be corrected.

exitido
02-04-2012, 02:08 PM
:( thanks
I dont understand why movies need to be encripted in 2010 models if our tvs cant record movies.

Erikrijnders
02-04-2012, 02:19 PM
MY bugs:

- IPG is buggy in the Netherlands. Lots of channels are not there. When you choose for SBS 6 HD, NET5 HD or Veronica HD there is no icon shown. A lot of channels are not supported (I Think 90% is not supported
- In the right corner the temparature is shown. From which City ??????????????? In my case the temperature certainly was not right. -7 was shown, temperature was -12 !!!
- The TV-PIP doesnot show which channels is shown. It should be: NOW ON TV en then e.g. EUROSPORT. So: "NOW ON TV: EUROSPORT"
- RTLXL is a crappy app nowadays. Lots of programs are not there !!!!!!!!!!
- Still no Hbbtv-support for the 2009 en 2010-models as the internal browser is STILL not update to the one that CAN support this.

Earthling
02-04-2012, 03:12 PM
Greetings!

Is anyone having trouble accessing the Apps after this Smart tv portal update?

I must say the new portal looks great but unfortunately none of the Apps is working anymore! Not even the basic ones such as the one that adds new Apps and the Web browser!

When you click on them it seems as if they were loading (flashing progress bar on the bottom of the screen) but after a few seconds when the App was supposed to open nothing happens...

Could this be a compatibility problem related to 2010 equipment? (I believe that the BDP8000/78 is a 2010 product since I bought it in early 2011)

Or is it a problem that occurs when directing the request to the servers?

Any help or info would be greatly appreciated!

Regards to all

smart
02-04-2012, 03:34 PM
@Toengel, you are faster again with your observations. Just had a look at this thread and wanted to post the things regarding recommendations.

With your first bug report you were also a little faster...

smart
02-04-2012, 03:47 PM
Just opened the SmartTV Portal, in the recommendations box I saw "Markus Lanz vom 01. Februar 2012". I selected that broadcast and pressed ok. Then the TV opened the OnlineTV app and the broadcast was in the top left corner. I selected it again and pressed ok.
Then I see the balls, like it is loading, then it stops loading and nothing happens. Still the same screen.

So the recommendations are not working for this on my side. Not sure, where there is an error...

Second bug:
When I want to go back from the OnlineTV with the back button, I see a black screen which seems to load forever. When I reload the page, I can see the SmartTV portal again.

Would be good, if one can go back to the SmartTV portal without a reload of the page and this forever loading black screen...

Works now. Not sure why I had this glitch. Maybe due to large load?

smart
02-04-2012, 03:54 PM
Just selected one of the recommendations from videociety. Then videociety is loading and opens. But it does not show the video. It only shows a grey background and the menus. So one has to search for the recommendation.

The videociety app is working, but the link to a recommendation does not work. It only shows and empty page with the menu.

Would be good, if the link from the recommendation would open the page for the video to directly rent it. Without searching for the video again...

Tried again and it worked also for me. Maybe this was just a short glitch. I had this two times today, but now it works.

konik960
02-04-2012, 05:45 PM
Greetings!
I am very surprised.
Maybe someone from Philips explain what's going on?
Net TV is so poor in the deal that I'm wondering what changes the appearance of the portal.
On the forum I see that people have problems because of this.
Longer portal page loads. (2Mb / s)
This equipment is useless without the program offer.
Overpaid for this TV and never buy a Philips

Alfermister
02-04-2012, 06:45 PM
Thought i'd made it through the switchover to smartTV when iplayer started working last night but i'm back with the 'discontinued app' screen this evening. Can't open any apps at present. I hope they fix this soon!

bta
02-04-2012, 06:45 PM
Hi smart,

can not confirm your Problem with the recommendation from videociety. Works fine for me - the page with the special video was opened and I was able to rent directely if I want to. But I hit "back" and was on SmartTV home again. So everything as expected on my side.

ENnoy your TV, it's fun!
bta

Earthling
02-04-2012, 06:55 PM
Thought i'd made it through the switchover to smartTV when iplayer started working last night but i'm back with the 'discontinued app' screen this evening. Can't open any apps at present. I hope they fix this soon!

Hi Alfermister,

Are your apps icons there?

What happens when you select them and click on them?

I wonder if your issue with your BDP5200 is just like the one Iīm having with my BDP8000

Also hope it gets fixed soon

Regards

Alfermister
02-04-2012, 07:01 PM
Yes, the icons are there(once i've cleared the 'discontinued app' error screen). When I click, the busy bar appears for a second or two, then nothing else.
Is smart tv working for anyone at the moment? Does anyone have any suggestions to fet it going? Firmware is up-to-date.

andre77
02-04-2012, 07:40 PM
Although the message on the support page says nettv is working on all devices, on my hts7202 is not. Not only that nettv is not working, it is not possible to use dlna or watch dvd...thats really redicolous!!!!!!

jielse
02-04-2012, 08:24 PM
What alternatives should be available in the smart tv top right area? Currently no choices but the one suggesting different apps is available om my 2010 model in Sweden?

Earthling
02-04-2012, 08:42 PM
Yes, the icons are there(once i've cleared the 'discontinued app' error screen). When I click, the busy bar appears for a second or two, then nothing else.
Is smart tv working for anyone at the moment? Does anyone have any suggestions to fet it going? Firmware is up-to-date.

Thank you for your reply Alfermister!

At least now we can rest assured that the issue is common and therefore known to Philips.

I believe that they will have this issue fixed in the next few days, hopefully short after the weekend,.

Iīm by no means an expert but I think that it must be something related to some compatibility issue for some devices.

Iīve experienced a similar problem with one of the apps before, The TuneIn radio, apparently they had made some changes to the server causing it to be incompatible with the 2010 BD players. It took them a few days to have it fixed.

Regards

smart
02-04-2012, 09:18 PM
Hi smart,

can not confirm your Problem with the recommendation from videociety. Works fine for me - the page with the special video was opened and I was able to rent directely if I want to. But I hit "back" and was on SmartTV home again. So everything as expected on my side.

ENnoy your TV, it's fun!
bta

Thanks for trying on your side. The direct link works for me, now.

Regarding pressing back button, after visitting videociety with the recommendations link, I still have that black long loading screen...

bufflig
02-05-2012, 12:19 PM
+1

After reading your post I checked my BluRay BDP5100/12 and I also have this problem - everything looks new and shiny having the SmartTv look, but no apps will run. I also have a 2011 TV and SmartTv/NetTv works as expected on that one, so it's only the 2010 BDP that cannot run apps after the SmartTV GUI change.

Hopefully Philips will have it fixed soon enough...

Cheers!

Thank you for your reply Alfermister!

At least now we can rest assured that the issue is common and therefore known to Philips.

I believe that they will have this issue fixed in the next few days, hopefully short after the weekend,.

Iīm by no means an expert but I think that it must be something related to some compatibility issue for some devices.

Iīve experienced a similar problem with one of the apps before, The TuneIn radio, apparently they had made some changes to the server causing it to be incompatible with the 2010 BD players. It took them a few days to have it fixed.

Regards

Chrissie18
02-05-2012, 02:06 PM
Got the new layout and it seemed to work correctly.
After reading these posts I checked again. TV was working (9705), but first time Videoland (dutch VOD service) the TV reset to TV. Second time it did work.
I've also got my BDP5200 back from service (only new SW, they say nothing wrong with it, but it still doesn't like my network for DNLA: wired nor wireless).
There I got less luck: I got the 'discontinued app' is visible (as a wrongly layout webpage), but pressing the options button got me back to the app overview. Clicking one of them does only show up the bar with 'loading balls'.

Friday I did get it to work on the BDP, but apparently then I got 2 instances of Videoland: One that is discontinued on the BDP, but if I would add the one on the app galery that one would then again be discontinued on the Tv... So I ended up with two different apps for videoland: one for the TV, one for the BDP: duh... (actually, now it was brought back to 1 automatically?)

Chris.

konik960
02-05-2012, 03:39 PM
my comments

page loads more time

flashes the program guide and image
This is annoying

when switched on Net TV, I do not need a guide to television programs.
guide is available from the main menu and is very good,
do not fix it, please

the weather gets MeteoNews can not determine my location
month name is not translated into local language

text "on tv now" is not translated

I expected to improve and there is less

appearance is of no importance,
counted utility

marcelgl
02-05-2012, 08:08 PM
Have the same problems since the firmware updated yesterday.

BDP7600 the 'SmartTV-App' is not valid and it's going to be removed. Sometimes get a scree with
apps, but none of them works. So seems indeed common issue.

Earthling
02-05-2012, 11:22 PM
Hi there,

I gave it another shot just to check if things were already working on my BDP8000/78 and something curious happened!

As reported before none of the Apps would work, incidentally I moved the browser to the right upper corner on the screen and landed on the day/time/weather widget.

When I clicked on it an App called meteonews.com started to load and opened. It took me to a screen with some weather predictions for my area and also global predictions, which I found quite interresting.

After browsing on it for a while and checking that it was working really good, I pressed the return button on the remote expecting to be directed back to the home of the portal but instead I got a message telling me that this App, yes the one that worked so great, had been discontinued and would therefore be removed from my home screen!

Later when I got back to the home portal of the new Smart Tv, the day/time/weather widget was gone and I could not find any way to get it back, which was a shame since it was the only working thing on this new Smart Tv portal!

All the other Apps on the screen are still inoperant!

But wait... Iīve got another awkward thing to report:

On the right of the screen there is one big square that changes itīs content each once in a while. There can be found some Apps as well, just like the ones that you could add from the App gallery (the icon that is not working at the moment).

I decided to click on It just to see what would happen and guess what... It opened an App, in this case the Funspot App, the one with some games such as checkers etc...

Another weird fact since this App icon is on the Smart Tv home portal and if you click on it there, it does not open!

And this is not all... After opening the App from the big square on the right and playing with it for a while as you decide to return to the home, guess what... You get the discontinued App notification again!

Strange huh?

Has anyone else also experienced this?

Regards to all

DragonFire
02-06-2012, 12:30 AM
Hello

The meteonews.com app works her also, but all the other apps are gone for some reason:confused:
Heres a picture:

Earthling
02-06-2012, 12:44 AM
Hello

The meteonews.com app works her also, but all the other apps are gone for some reason:confused:
Heres a picture:

Hi DragonFire!

Thanks for your reply and picture;)

Is this screenshot from a portal opened by a BD player or a TV?

Have you tried to click on the meteonews widget to see if the App opens?

As I described before mine is now gone after I clicked on the widget! It loaded a page with more info about the weather and soon after I hit the return key on the remote, I got the message about meteonews being a discontinued App and that it would be erased!

Now that the widget is gone I canīt find a way to get it back!

And all the other icons still donīt work...

DragonFire
02-06-2012, 12:52 AM
Hi

It's from my 46PFL9705H/12 TV.
The meteonews app is working, but it doesn't go away like on yours.

I tried the BDP7600/12 and it is just like my tv.

Earthling
02-06-2012, 01:17 AM
Hi

It's from my 46PFL9705H/12 TV.
The meteonews app is working, but it doesn't go away like on yours.

I tried the BDP7600/12 and it is just like my tv.

Ok,

So the portal must not be the same for all the regions because it looks different on my BD player (BDP8000/78).

That also means a lot of work for Philips to get it fixed...

Thanks again for your info!

Earthling
02-06-2012, 02:11 AM
All right,

The date/time/weather widget is back... donīt ask me how because I didnīt do anything to get it back...

I just turned off the BD and had a shower... when I came back and turned it on again the widget reapeared! Go figure...

By the way, this is how the portal looks like on my BDP8000/78, here in Brazil

smart
02-06-2012, 07:13 AM
After checking again, some things are working on my side.

Still the viewster issue is remaining. I created a video to show that the highlight focus is missing after selecting viewster.

http://youtu.be/fcmurofhw4k

smart
02-06-2012, 07:32 AM
And there is this thing with not being able to play the recommendations linked form OnlineTV.

I select a recommendation from the SmartTV portal, it links me to the OnlineTV portal. Then I select the video, press ok and it does not play.

When I open OnlineTV app directly and select a random video from the same broadcaster (ProSieben), it plays.

http://youtu.be/iMuEIjiEcs4

Toengel
02-06-2012, 07:45 AM
Hi,

I would love to have your weather here in Germany ^^ - put a minus before the temperature ^^

Toengel@Alex

tormenta161
02-06-2012, 10:43 AM
Smart TV does not work.
Spain, BDP5180/12.

I have the new interface but I cannot access any App nor the App Gallery.

miro9000
02-06-2012, 10:57 AM
First impressions:

- The look : Very nice, congratulations.
- Usability.
Date in the upper side: ok.
Weather: It seems there are some bugs: The ip geolocation does not work fine, and it is imposible to change the default city. It does not update (same temperature for hours)
-Recomendations. For the spanish 2010 tvs only TV guide and ads. The TV guide suggests programs from channels that I canīt see. ( From another region)

And finally, the IP-EPG : I think it is a very important part of SmartTV concept. It has not changed, same lack of channels.

Philips is working in the right way. Please, keep on working in the improving this kind of services (specialy the spanish IP-EPG)

miro9000
02-06-2012, 11:14 AM
There are two similar Topics talking about Smart TV, This one and New Smart TV user interface. So, let me repeat my comments also here

First impressions:

- Usability.
Weather: It seems there are some bugs: The ip geolocation does not work fine, and it is imposible to change the default city. It does not update (same temperature for hours)
-Recomendations. For the spanish 2010 tvs only TV guide and ads. The TV guide suggests programs from channels that I canīt see. ( From another region)

And finally, the IP-EPG : I think it is a very important part of SmartTV concept. It has not changed, same lack of channels.

Philips is working in the right way. Please, keep on working in the improving this kind of services (specialy the spanish IP-EPG)

starterz
02-06-2012, 11:19 AM
OK, here are some initial impressions from me, located in Skopje, Macedonia:

- The look: very nice, congrats are in order.
- Date/Time is OK
- Weather home city is correct, was auto-detected, updates everytime I open the Smart TV interface
- Recomendations - I watch TV from an external DVB-T STB connected to SCART (Boomtv.mk), so I have not seen any recomendation (not sure if it even possible when using an external STB).

Usability:

- MUCH slower than before, I hope this is resolved sooner than later. The loading of the interface, the navigation within the interface, the clicking/moving/removing apps is all much slower than before. Net TV interface had been very speedy in the last 2-3 months. When clicking an app, you need to wait 1-2-3-4 secs before the "loading" starts. Apps work more or less with the same speed as before.
- Stability issues are present, possibly connected with the responsability of the portal. Example, when starting an app (TuneIn), the whole interface froze in a mix of the new interface and the Net TV login screens from the TV, like it was trying to relogin to the portal...and after 10-15 secs TuneIn was loaded.
- The "Now on TV" preview is showing some lines/dots in the upper left (above the picture from the actual program, on a black background) - while I don't see any of these lines/dots when I switch to watching TV (EXT1). I can send a photo of this problem if it helps, please advise.

I think that the most important thing to concentrate on at the moment is general speed of starting/navigation/usage of the portal. Stay well all.

kembser
02-06-2012, 11:59 AM
Hi,

I'm living in France. When I start the new Smart TV, there is no picture of the current TV program (PIP - "What's on now?"). Instead, there is a text "Disabled on broadcaster's request" or something like that. Why? In the old Net TV portal, the current channel could be seen in the small picture!?!?

I re-installed the TV by choosing "Germany" as country - in this case the PIP works - even with French channels. Is it really possible that French broadcasters don't want that function?

dellamag
02-06-2012, 12:26 PM
My situation issues:
- Weather home city is incorrect: no way to update/correct
- MUCH MUCH slower than before, I hope this is resolved sooner than later. The loading of the interface, the navigation within the interface, the clicking/moving/removing apps is all much slower than before.

Chrissie18
02-06-2012, 03:16 PM
I got the impression that the reset behaviour of my 9705 TV is triggered when I click an app before the 'recommendations' pane (top right) is loaded completely..
The screen turns black with the loading bar, then get completely black (but I noticed last night the dynamic backlight is still lit on the place where the bar is) and finally I get back to the channel that was on before starting SmartTV...
Can anyone reproduce that?
Chris.

Toengel
02-06-2012, 03:20 PM
Hi,

but I noticed last night the dynamic backlight is still lit on the place where the bar is

I noticed that too - however, I will wait until late in the evening today. I'll bet that Philips will do some "maintainance" around 6pm today :D

Toengel@Alex

Toengel
02-06-2012, 04:59 PM
Hi,

since yesterday I cannot see any date or weather information. Also the recommondations are all gone - I only get the advertisment panel (despite I have recommondations switch to on. There is no difference between on and off at the moment).

Toengel@Alex

starterz
02-06-2012, 05:26 PM
Hi,

since yesterday I cannot see any date or weather information. Also the recommondations are all gone - I only get the advertisment panel (despite I have recommondations switch to on. There is no difference between on and off at the moment).

Toengel@Alex

More or less same here. I am attaching pics on how the interface looks at the moment:

No weather, no time/date, and the Net TV login screen lurks in the background of the Smart TV interface. I tried starting an app, then exiting, the interface stays the same.

Erikrijnders
02-06-2012, 05:28 PM
First impressions:

- Usability.

Ip-EPG: Same here in the Netherlands. Posted here time after time after time. Seems to me Philips doensot give a fuck about this problem as they donot answer questions we have about this.

Earthling
02-06-2012, 06:26 PM
Still no working App on the new portal...

Anyone out there with working Apps on BD player?

Today I contacted my local Philips consumer support (Brazil) on chat and asked about the issue...

They werenīt even aware about a new portal, they asked me if I instaled the portal myself and if Net Tv ever worked on my device! If they were truly aware of the situation they would have known that the old one was replaced by the new one automatically!

Hi,

I would love to have your weather here in Germany ^^ - put a minus before the temperature ^^

Toengel@Alex

Right at the moment I wish I were in Germany, 36 degrees Celsius by day and 28 by night is a little bit too much for me ;)

Regards

Chrissie18
02-06-2012, 06:37 PM
More or less same here. I am attaching pics on how the interface looks at the moment:

No weather, no time/date, and the Net TV login screen lurks in the background of the Smart TV interface. I tried starting an app, then exiting, the interface stays the same.

That lurking screen in the background is not the logon screen, but I'm guessing its the screen I'm seeing now: "Due to maintenance the requested page is not available"...

Philips - Mark
02-06-2012, 06:39 PM
The problems with Blu-Ray players and Home Theatre Systems on the new Smart TV portal are recognized.
We are working on a solution.

Earthling
02-06-2012, 06:45 PM
The problems with Blu-Ray players and Home Theatre Systems on the new Smart TV portal are recognized.
We are working on a solution.

Thatīs great!

Thank you for your reply! Now we can rest assured that the issue is known to Philips and that they are working on a solution!

Regards

bta
02-06-2012, 08:11 PM
Hi together,

additional to my first remarks (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?4312-New-quot-Smart-TV-quot-user-interface&p=24993&viewfull=1#post24993)I want to add two more strange things:
1.) Background at SmartTV home will be adapted to daylight. Don't know wehn sunset in february in the netherlands is, but here in munich at least at 9pm its nigth at this time of the year :-) - So you may need to improve the table of sun rise and fall time at least for the /12 region of your TV's.

2.) The strategy for starting up SmartTV is not comprehensible:

2.1) When the TV just came up from stand by and I start SmartTV first. The old screen with is shon. Next Sreen goes completely black, than PiP appears, Then SmartTV apperas step by step. And all is indicated by the running dots. BTW no sound interruption ;-)
After that I go back to watch TV with the browser button.

2.2) When I enter SmartTV via the home menu again, the behavior is different:Screen goes completely black, sound disappears, StartTV PiP and sound came up at once.

So this is strange for me and not a good experience. I like my TV and despite of some other users I would by a PHILIPS again. But you guys at PHILIPS you should have a look at the details - that is what it makes different from the rest.

Enjoy your TV, it's fun!
bta.

PS at Toengel: AT my side the recommendations are also not present at the moment.

PPS: I have also recommended a PHILIPS TV to a friend with the words "Picture is relay good, Ambiligth is cool, you can her people talk for the rest you have a hifi set and about the software we don't want to talk" - well he bought the TV.

Earthling
02-07-2012, 12:56 AM
Great News!

The new portal is now fully functional (at least for me on my BDP8000/78)

All the icons are working great!

I must say that I didn't expect things to get working again so fast!

Thank's again Philips Team!

Now I have another reason to recommend the brand to my friends and to continue buying Philips products!

Regards

konik960
02-07-2012, 07:25 AM
Yes, a great success!!
from yesterday to now the Net tv is a black screen .
Congratulations to Philips

konik960
02-07-2012, 07:26 AM
Yes, a great success!!
from yesterday to now the Net tv is a black screen .
Congratulations to Philips

smart
02-07-2012, 07:51 AM
It actually works on my side. However the recommendations seem to be off.

smart
02-07-2012, 07:53 AM
It actually works on my side without the recommendations, although the are turned on.

Earthling
02-07-2012, 11:26 AM
Hi there

After getting it fully functinal about 12 hours ago it is not working at the moment!

But at least I got the following screen:

Let's see how long this maintenance takes!

Regards

konik960
02-07-2012, 12:04 PM
Now I have another reason to recommend the brand to my friends and to continue buying Philips products!

you're going to do harm to friends?

Earthling
02-07-2012, 12:22 PM
you're going to do harm to friends?

Actualy no...

If you think the issues with Philips are bad you should see the issues with other brands here in Brazil!

Here in Brazil a rule of thumb is: " If you buy it, it's your problem"

Philips has the best consumer support here in Brazil when compared to other brands!

And despite the eventual firmware bugs that in my experience end up fixed sooner or later, picture and sound quality of Philips products are really good!

Regards

konik960
02-07-2012, 12:43 PM
I am of Polish
I agree about the picture and sound, is really beautiful.
so I bought this equipment and it is not my first Philips equipment.
but I paid the little bit of money for Net TV, and this is a disaster.
I am so angry.
Such arrogance and incompetence are not met.
Nobody tells users what will be done, when,
how long it will last.
Even youtube is not working properly.

Earthling
02-07-2012, 01:07 PM
I'm also sorry for the disturbances on Net Tv and as I posted earlier, the Philips representatives here in Brazil didn't even have a clue that there was a new portal!

You are right to be annoyed by this, after all, having a service such as Net Tv disabled and with no info about when the issue is going to be solved is not the right thing! I might be wrong but maybe they also don't know how long it is going to take to fix it!

But at least they've recognized that there is a problem and that they are working on it!

Let's hope they fix it swiftly!

Regards

Earthling
02-07-2012, 03:40 PM
Hi everyone!

After a while stuck on the maintenance screen I got Net Tv back to work (on my BDP8000/78, here in Brazil).

Wondering if things worked out for other users in other locations as well...

Regards to all

Toengel
02-07-2012, 03:47 PM
Hi,

@Philips Mark

If I send feedback on a special app via the new SmartTV portal, do I need also to submit my TV model within the feedback text? Or is the TV model automatically transmitted to Philips?

Toengel@Alex

Earthling
02-07-2012, 04:07 PM
That's a good question!

I was wondering the same myself, now I'm glad that it was brought up by Toengel!

Toengel
02-07-2012, 04:50 PM
Hi,

I want to set up the weather location by entering meteonews via the weather link in the top right corner of th new portal.

However, this app is almost not working on my 2010 TV. The images arn't loaded completely, I cannot see the cursor and it is SLOW.

@Philips Mark
Can you please take a look at it?

Toengel@Alex

frgall
02-07-2012, 07:08 PM
Hi,

more "issues":

- my TV restarted (140.46) during showing the portal (and doing nothing)
- the "Online TV" is present twice: with new icon and old icon. However, the "old icon" = TED app

and most important

- the EPG info suggestions (top right area) shows information of broadcasts which are already in the past

Toengel@Alex

Hi

here in France the new portal is on line too
with TV 40PFL8605H/12

I 've got the same problem "- my TV restarted (140.46) during showing the portal (and doing nothing)"
- "the EPG info suggestions (top right area) shows information of broadcasts which are already in the past" too and for me it displays windows of only 3 broadcasts (TF1, TMC, TMC)

- I can't see where you can configure the options : the preference of the top right area for example to display other broadcasts

Any suggestions ?
Regards

paul_delabastita
02-07-2012, 07:38 PM
Philips BDP9600, (version 1.61) and Pioneer 5090 display.
On my plasma TV the built in "orbiter function" causes the red green yellow blue buttons to occasionally vanish. It would be desirable to position them a bit higher on the lay out rather than at the extreme bottom of the lay-out.

smart
02-07-2012, 08:10 PM
Philips BDP9600, (version 1.61) and Pioneer 5090 display.
On my plasma TV the built in "orbiter function" causes the red green yellow blue buttons to occasionally vanish. It would be desirable to position them a bit higher on the lay out rather than at the extreme bottom of the lay-out.

It should make more sense to configure your TV to correctly show the whole image instead of creating a useless frame around the SmartTV portal. Every app is allowed to use the full screen, so this problem might occur also in future. The times to cutoff parts of signals should be left behind is when switching to digital techniques.

frgall
02-07-2012, 09:50 PM
[QUOTE=starterz;25157]OK, here are some initial impressions from me, located in Skopje, Macedonia:

- MUCH slower than before, I hope this is resolved sooner than later. The loading of the interface, the navigation within the interface, the clicking/moving/removing apps is all much slower than before. Net TV interface had been very speedy in the last 2-3 months. When clicking an app, you need to wait 1-2-3-4 secs before the "loading" starts. Apps work more or less with the same speed as before.

Agree it is the same in France with my 40pfl8605H/12

Regards

Earthling
02-07-2012, 11:25 PM
Hi there!

I've noticed that the background of the new portal changes the color. Is this change random or does it have a pattern?

I've read something about adapting the colors to daytime or nighttime... Is that right?

Toengel
02-08-2012, 07:53 AM
I've read something about adapting the colors to daytime or nighttime... Is that right?

Hi,

yes. However, this does not work at all...

Toengel@Alex

zlatko
02-08-2012, 02:43 PM
Design is nice, but much slower than the previous interface. Will be nice if this can be addressed soon.

paul_delabastita
02-08-2012, 03:27 PM
For those forum members who also operate a Pioneer Kuro plasma display: I was able to solve the problem by changing the settings of the display as follows:

1) On the remote control set the zoom function to "dot-by-dot" (lower right button); this switches off any auto zoom functionality.
It is still possible (and desirable) to use the orbiter function by selecting:
2) Home/Menu -> Setup -> Option -> Orbiter: Mode2.
If you want dot-by-dot mode to be the default setting of the display:
3) Home/Menu -> Setup -> Option -> Auto-Size: Off, and repeat step 1)

Good luck!

P.S. The new SmartTV (Belgium) appears to be fully functional today, and has again normal response times.

smart
02-08-2012, 03:32 PM
I also had normal response times in germany in the morning. Not sure about the high load times...
But faster is always better :)

Toengel
02-08-2012, 05:22 PM
Hi,

@smart

Can you set up the meteonews weather location by starting the meteo app from the portal front page (top left, weather link)? Is this app fully functional on your 2010 TV?

Toengel@Alex

Toengel
02-08-2012, 05:56 PM
Hi,

another bug (German interface):

- The EPG recommondations do not show the day of the proposed broadcasts
- the dynamic background is always set to "daylight" - however, if I do "reload page" the portal is dark (at 7 pm), but when the loading is finished the "daylight" background is present again
- I cannot change the weather city which is shown on the portal page (if I open the meteonews app, only 1/3 of the graphics are loaded, I can add city 2 and city 3, but cannot change the first one)

Toengel@Alex

starterz
02-08-2012, 07:05 PM
OK, much better this evening in my case. Speed and navigation are much better, also adding/removing apps. The dynamic background is always set to daylight too.

I am attaching two screens of the bug I previously reported for the "Now on TV" part. I believe that the picture is not stretched (?) and that is why I get black lines on the left&right and those dots and lines in the upper left. Again, I am using a DVB-T STB (boomtv.mk) connected to SCART (EXT1).

Toengel
02-08-2012, 07:21 PM
Hi,

you are watching TV with an external STB and you are able to see this in the PIP?

However, I have the same effect with the integrated analog tuner. But this "effects" dots etc. are part of the analog signal.

The PIP always shows the complete content of the signal - no auto zoom is applied, no borders are cutted (the border setting is not applied).

Toengel@Alex

starterz
02-08-2012, 07:34 PM
Hello, thanks for the reply, like always :-)

Yes, I can see this in the PIP while using an external STB. This is the one I use: http://boomtv.mk/pomosh/tehnichki-specifikacii

As I am sure, this is a digital signal - so how can we explain the dots? Am I stuck with the dots showing in the PIP? :-)

bta
02-08-2012, 08:03 PM
Hi starterz,

For me the white lines in the PiP look like the old Videotext Signal, since this was put into the first line of the PAL signal as Black and white (0 and 1) info. As you wrote in your former post the STB is linked to TV via SCART, so the TV gets a analog signal created by the STB out from a DVB.

Are the white parts at the topline flickering? I assume that there is a part that blinks every second? Remember the clock at the videotext.

If this is so, may be there is a option at your STB how to handle Videotext.

Enjoy your TV, it's fun!
bta

Forum Guest
02-08-2012, 09:02 PM
Hi,

How can I change the vendor of the video on demand recommendations?
There are only recommendations of "VIEWSTER" on my new Smart TV user interface.
I have never used "VIEWSTER". The viewster-app was removed from Philips. (most of the recommended videos are not available)
I only use "VideoCiety" (Austria) and so i'd like to have the recommendations from "VideoCiety".

Please give me an solution to change that.

bta
02-08-2012, 09:09 PM
Hi,

How can I change the vendor of the video on demand recommendations?
There are only recommendations of "VIEWSTER" on my new Smart TV user interface.
I have never used "VIEWSTER". The viewster-app was removed from Philips. (most of the recommended videos are not available)
I only use "VideoCiety" (Austria) and so i'd like to have the recommendations from "VideoCiety".

Please give me an solution to change that.

Hi,

seems you found one more bug, because in Germany the recommendations are from videociety. Well I do not know any possibility how to change that. As far as know the SmartTV-Portal such mappings are done at philips side and not on user side.

Enjoy your TV, it's fun!
bta

smart
02-09-2012, 06:42 AM
Hi,

@smart

Can you set up the meteonews weather location by starting the meteo app from the portal front page (top left, weather link)? Is this app fully functional on your 2010 TV?

Toengel@Alex

In just started the app. I can not change the first location. But it is not really bad. The app in general seems to work. Is there something I can try?

Is it expected, that one can change the location?

zlatko
02-09-2012, 07:13 AM
@smart
I also can not change the location on the first meteo "tile". And oddly it shows the weather for my country "in general" - the label is "Bulgaria". I can not even setup my home city. Yes, Bulgaria is a small country, but weather can vary a lot from city to city :P

Toengel
02-09-2012, 07:34 AM
Hi,

seems you found one more bug, because in Germany the recommendations are from videociety. Well I do not know any possibility how to change that. As far as know the SmartTV-Portal such mappings are done at philips side and not on user side.

Enjoy your TV, it's fun!
bta

Hi,

I have recommondations from Viewster AND Videociety...

Toengel@Alex

konik960
02-09-2012, 07:56 AM
question
do you have any plans of opera tv ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_k_k61nX58Q

I doubt that Philips will answer.
There are so many questions and issues raised,
and the silence from Philips

smart
02-09-2012, 08:29 AM
I'm not sure, but there is an Opera browser in the TV, I would assume, that they actually use the platform you have shown in the video. The UI is different, but since this is a b2b solution, I expect a customer company can change the UI to their own style, but still having their backend software.

But this is kind of off-topic...

starterz
02-09-2012, 08:43 AM
Yes, we first want the dynamic background to work! :-) :D

GRU
02-09-2012, 03:00 PM
I have a good sex all evenings in last week with my Philips 9606! Its amazing! In some application I cant even choose what I want, when I press button for one move its moved twice.
God bless the Philips and give us a patience....!

Zwartij
02-09-2012, 06:35 PM
Not seen the 'comming soon' announcement yet.

February 4, 2012 The netherlands, NetTV with BDP5180:

NetTV not available due to maintenance
A SmartTV logo was showing in the left upper corner :)

later on that day:
(the cut off is how it appeared in all screen modes)

artTV
arden Registreer
uitgeschakeld

p is tijdelijk uitgeschakeld
eindigde app
s deze app niet langer beschikbaar.
zal hij nu van uw homepage worden verwijderd.

Later again on that day NetTV functioned like always.
I was urged to register again and my peronal apps were changed in the default set.

Toengel
02-10-2012, 08:22 AM
Hi,

another translation error (German interface):

- if one click on the date in the top right corner a small calendar is displayed. The small popup contains the month etc. This is not translated into German

Toengel@Alex

Chrissie18
02-10-2012, 02:17 PM
I do like the date, but I actually mis the first letter of the days, as for my personally I do not see much use of a matrix of daynumbers...
So my first feature request for the new SmartTV...

@Alex: does the coming soon work for you now? I can see the recommendations and they are correctly: so things in the future....
I do think the channel logo's are a bit low-res (2nd feature request! ;) )

Chris.

Toengel
02-10-2012, 02:28 PM
Hi,

@Chris
the recommondations are in the future... However, I got recommondations for next sunday and the sunday after that. And I see these recommondations since almost 1 week - they do not change.

Furthermore, I only see the time (and channel?) - but not the day!

Where do you see channel logos in the new portal?

Toengel@Alex

starterz
02-10-2012, 02:39 PM
Another thing, can I see any recomendations while watching TV from external STB? Can I see any items that are not for the philips remote app?

Erikrijnders
02-10-2012, 04:45 PM
Philips is in the no-reply mode again??? A simple update on IP-EPG in the Netherlands is too much to ask.... Shame!

bta
02-10-2012, 05:03 PM
Hi,

I have recommondations from Viewster AND Videociety...

Toengel@Alex

Hi Toengel,

the recommendations are not predictable. Now I also senn VIEWSTER and VideoCiety.
As I tryed the VIESTER recomm it worked - amazing :rolleyes:, but what I really strange I cant find the VIEWSTER app either in the services at my SmartTV home nor in the AppGallery.
It seems that there is a lot of work to do ;)

Enjoy your TV, it's fun!
bta

paul_delabastita
02-10-2012, 05:14 PM
In general, a "style guide" is desirable that enables the developers to functionally (and optically) streamline the UI of their app's. For example:
1) how do you return to a previous step *within* an app;
2) how do you quit an app for returning to the SmartTV home menu.

I realize that the development of app's is in full evolution and enjoy to see the progress that is made. My congratulations to the development team. The new SmartTV has become really useful now. Paul

Nettle
02-12-2012, 02:52 PM
MY bugs:

- In the right corner the temparature is shown. From which City ???????????????

Good point: I had the same doubt too.

An indication of the reported city's temperature would be necessary.

Regards

Nettle
02-12-2012, 03:01 PM
I must say that now, with the 140.46 fw version, the application Viewster is working.

With the previous fw version was not possible to watch any film (always an error came after that "play" was chosen).

Now is possible to watch the listed gratis films.

Regards

Toengel
02-12-2012, 03:13 PM
Hi,

to change the weather location: the degree = link to meteonews... You can setup it in that app.

Toengel@Alex

Nettle
02-12-2012, 03:21 PM
I'll try it right now and I'll let you know.

Thanks. Regards

Nettle
02-12-2012, 03:39 PM
Originally it was set to Rome.

i've searched for, added and displayed the desired location (different from Rome).

I live 500 km northern than Rome and is useless to display it. I need my

The problem is that is not possible to delete the previous set location of Rome: if you try, the page becomes unusable. No possibility to navigate between the different choices of Meteonews App.

i've restarted it and is possible to interact again with the App.

The added locations (2nd, 3rd, etc...) could be deleted, the first one (Rome) not.

In this way is not possible to display in the top right spot of NET TV nothing than the standard location set from Meteonews.

Have you tried to modify it?

Are you able to do it?

Regards

SomeGerman
02-12-2012, 03:42 PM
Hello,

Since the new Smart TV is online I'm having issues using the "cursor" with my 40PFL7605h12 (FW 140.46). I couldn't move the cursor through the Apps in Smart TV (or EPG for that matter) and couldn't start apps. After deleting the NetTV cache, Terms of Use appear on the screen when Starting NetTV or EPG. Again I'm having the problem that I cant 'click' the button to accept them. Is this a known issue?

Nettle
02-12-2012, 03:46 PM
As I can see here in Meteonews, is not possible to delete the first city displayed (the same used in the NET TV top right meteo infos). In my italian coutry settings is Rome.

The further cities/locations added in the Meteonews menu can be added/deleted but not put as "first in the list".

Is someone there that is able to modify this setting? I'd like to display the meteo of my city :-(

Thanks a lot. Regards

konik960
02-12-2012, 03:49 PM
Hi,

to change the weather location: the degree = link to meteonews... You can setup it in that app.

Toengel@Alex

dreams

Toengel
02-12-2012, 03:52 PM
Hi,

@nettle
I had the same problem - but at a certain point it worked for me - don't ask how. However, this app is CRAP ^^

Toengel@Alex

suew505
02-12-2012, 05:53 PM
Can anyone tell me why I can no longer get BBC iPlayer on NetTV? It was there when I got the BD5200 just after Christmas but is not available now. I am annoyed because that was one reason I chose this model.

GGKGGK
02-12-2012, 06:25 PM
Since SmartTV is there on choosing NetTV "instead of the "old" NetTV layout" some of the time the TV keeps restarting itself ... it switches itself off and then "reboots".
Is this normal behaviour? Does it happen only on my TV?

Chrissie18
02-12-2012, 07:39 PM
In general, a "style guide" is desirable that enables the developers to functionally (and optically) streamline the UI of their app's. For example:
1) how do you return to a previous step *within* an app;
2) how do you quit an app for returning to the SmartTV home menu.

I realize that the development of app's is in full evolution and enjoy to see the progress that is made. My congratulations to the development team. The new SmartTV has become really useful now. Paul

Hi Paul,

I just recently discovered that the 'booklet' button (for 9705: the upper 'leaf') will always get you back to the SmartTV portal when you've started an app.
Also I think that all the apps that I've used (not that many) uses the back arrow to get one page back...

@Alex: have to get back to you for the recommendations. had a tough weekend... ;)

greets,
Chris.

augt7
02-12-2012, 10:43 PM
I have a philips 8605 and I must say that smart tv is very bad and Philips should improve on this, both app and hbbtv with an update to the browser.No hagais that competition remains a step ahead.Thank you.

smart
02-13-2012, 08:59 AM
I have a philips 8605 and I must say that smart tv is very bad and Philips should improve on this, both app and hbbtv with an update to the browser.No hagais that competition remains a step ahead.Thank you.

What do you think is bad? Which features/models are you comparing? Are there 2010 models from competitors, which support hbbtv?

What does "improve app with an update to the browser" mean? Do you want an app updated or the browser?

It sounds more like senseless bashing, if you do not give any substantial critics or things to improve.

konik960
02-13-2012, 04:11 PM
hi
question
are there any work on improving faults New "Smart TV" user interface?
or is it final?

starterz
02-13-2012, 04:12 PM
Some update from Philips after so much feedback would be highly appreciated :-)

Nettle
02-13-2012, 06:22 PM
hi
question
are there any work on improving faults New "Smart TV" user interface?
or is it final?

I hope so!

Regards

smart
02-14-2012, 06:47 AM
Hello,

I have another bug. Sorry, if it was mentioned already, I might have missed it with all the posts on 11 pages:

If I add an app from the app gallery, I can choose wether to "add" or "add and move". If I choose "add and move", the app gets added, but it does not switch back to let me move it properly. The app is added, if I would have chosen "add and move".

So either remove the button "add and move" or add the functionality to directly move the app after adding...

Greets

konik960
02-14-2012, 06:55 AM
I hope so!

Regards
you hope that this is final? :)

Toengel
02-14-2012, 07:37 AM
Hi,

no - Nettle hopes that there is any work on improving... ;-)

Toengel@Alex

Nettle
02-14-2012, 10:32 AM
you hope that this is final? :)

Are you crazy? ;-) Neverending!

In my opinion such interfaces should be continously improved: the competitors are earnings market shares and is a suicide to stop the improvements.

Regards

augt7
02-14-2012, 03:56 PM
They are not ataques.yo am delighted with my TV philips.lo only thing I say is that philips for TVs 2010 can do an upgrade of the browser to make it more functional.
On the issue of applications, only say that should work more on applications of Spain compared with Germany falls short, for example there is no video store.
If my previous comment has been sitting wrong I ask sorry, only thing I want is to remove the maximum party to my tv.

augt7
02-14-2012, 03:59 PM
What do you think is bad? Which features/models are you comparing? Are there 2010 models from competitors, which support hbbtv?

What does "improve app with an update to the browser" mean? Do you want an app updated or the browser?

It sounds more like senseless bashing, if you do not give any substantial critics or things to improve.

They are not ataques.yo am delighted with my TV philips.lo only thing I say is that philips for TVs 2010 can do an upgrade of the browser to make it more functional.
On the issue of applications, only say that should work more on applications of Spain compared with Germany falls short, for example there is no video store.
If my previous comment has been sitting wrong I ask sorry, only thing I want is to remove the maximum party to my tv.

Peter-S
02-15-2012, 07:55 AM
Set Type: 32PFL9705K/02
Current Main Software: Q5551_0.140.46.0
Standby Software: STDBY_84.62.1.0

After restarting the TV the applications
- Das Erste Mediathek, on red button
- Videociety
- Viewster
- IP-EPG

works fine.

After a few attempts navigation between these applications, these applications will no longer show images, navigation errors occur, and some applications such as “Das Erste Mediathek” get the error message

Transmission interruptet!

And often the TV crashes.

The browser is obviously overwhelmed and needs upgraded!

Regards

Freddy
02-15-2012, 02:00 PM
Hello everyone!

As some of you might now, ;) I'm not a big user of NetTV/SmartTV, so... But yesterday I decided to give the new SmartTV UI a try on my 32PFL9705H/12 in the Netherlands! And... :D it appeared, it looks great and it seems to work pretty well already! Thanks Philips for the work so far! :)

As I haven't had much time with it, of course I can't say that everything is working right, but these are my first impressions:

Pro:
- loading time and navigation speed seem similar as before. Not much of a difference.
- the weather app in the top right recognized my city by itself! :cool:
- the apps that I tried work just as before. Haven't tried many of them yet, though.

Con:
- the background is bright, even though it was late at night when I tried it.
- analog channels in the PIP-window are still stretched horizontally, instead of zoomed properly.
- when having more apps than fit on one tab, and removing an app or moving it from one tab to another, the other apps (from the next tab) don't slide in and fill up the now empty spot(s). These spot(s) remain empty, until one manually moves an app to that spot.

So there is still some work to do, but anyway I'm pretty happy with it already! :o

Toengel
02-15-2012, 02:05 PM
Hi,

@Freddy

Good to mentioned you Con 2.

@Philips

Please make "auto zoom" in the PIP window! Or at least correct aspect ratio!

Toengel@Alex

Chrissie18
02-15-2012, 07:23 PM
Hi,

@Chris
the recommondations are in the future... However, I got recommondations for next sunday and the sunday after that. And I see these recommondations since almost 1 week - they do not change.

Furthermore, I only see the time (and channel?) - but not the day!

Where do you see channel logos in the new portal?

Toengel@Alex

Hi!

I finally found some time to check it and -of course ;) - you're right.
It only displays channel and time, no date:
Selecting them will get you to gracenote's page (just like selecting a program from the IP-EPG), but shows 'no information available'.

actually, while checking this, I also found anothe issue: I did not get a pictue in the PIP part of NetTV.. Not sure how I did this, but I'm guessing that it happened after I swithced to HDMI, opened NetTv, switched to 'Watch TV' and then back to NetTV...

Chris.

Chrissie18
02-15-2012, 07:29 PM
I actually don't agree with the recommendations, as I realy dislike the programs (I think Freddy knows why.. ;) )
Probably my wife watches more TV then I do... :P

Actually for the fun - and sharp viewers - another picture (less sharp: with my phone)...

Clearly the right of our city is colder than the left side... :P

smart
02-16-2012, 07:25 AM
Hello,

I have another bug. Sorry, if it was mentioned already, I might have missed it with all the posts on 11 pages:

If I add an app from the app gallery, I can choose wether to "add" or "add and move". If I choose "add and move", the app gets added, but it does not switch back to let me move it properly. The app is added, if I would have chosen "add and move".

So either remove the button "add and move" or add the functionality to directly move the app after adding...

Greets

This is done, it worked today. And Viewster is back in the app gallery, I just added and moved it to my SmartTV home screen ...

Peer
02-16-2012, 05:54 PM
The SmartTV is very slow, but nothing compared to the integrated Meteo news. That's really slow and the music that come with it is very annoying and much louder than the normal TV volume.

ZOZ
02-17-2012, 04:10 AM
Hi,

This is my setup:
BDP5200 Firmware 1.43
LG LW6500 Smart TV

Before the new NETTV user interface, this was working (as designed). Now I've got the following issues:
- Removing an app with the BDP5200 Options results in a black screen and restart of the unit is needed.
- The coloured buttons on the screen almost fall off the screen - this might be a calibration issue, but this wasn't the case before the nettv upgrade. Not does it happen with any other application or program.

Anyone has similar experience ? Anything that can be done to fix this (the latest firmware upgrade of the BDP5200 didn't).

Freddy
02-17-2012, 12:32 PM
The last two nights I took a new, slightly longer look at SmartTV. This time most of my observations were the same as on the first night. I used quite a few apps and found no big problems, just a few:

- Viewster did work, watching a trailer worked fine, but watching the movie itself was extremely slow, up to the point that the movie looked more like a slide show... :rolleyes:

- the German Online TV works fine, but Pro7 videos can not be played and when returning one step from a ZDF video back to the ZDF Mediathek, the ZDF app freezes. One can still return to Online TV and try again or simply reload the ZDF app, to unfreeze it though. Doing the same directly from ZDF Mediathek (not starting from Online TV) does not cause any problems.

- the weather in the top right is correct when first loaded, but it isn't updated at all. Even when returning to SmartTV a few hours later, the temperature is still the same. Only after reloading SmartTV manually the temperature is updated. And when you do reload, for a short time the background colour does match the time of day, only to become bright again right after that.

actually, while checking this, I also found anothe issue: I did not get a pictue in the PIP part of NetTV.. Not sure how I did this, but I'm guessing that it happened after I swithced to HDMI, opened NetTv, switched to 'Watch TV' and then back to NetTV...

- yesterday the whole day, the PIP didn't work for me either. The day before it worked most of the time, but not always. Especially when first loading SmartTV it does not work. Only after using an app and returning to the main screen, the PIP works again. But as I said, not yesterday.

And about the horizontal stretching instead of proper zooming of the picture in the PIP-window: I experimented a little to find out if it would be possible at all to change this bad effect from their end (SmartTV) instead of our end (Firmware). I visited all the apps I know that show the PIP and these are the results:

SmartTV: stretched horizontally
IP-EPG: the same as SmartTV
Internet: the same as SmartTV
Online TV: the same as SmartTV

HbbTV ZDF Mediathek (red button): proper zooming, including overscan correction (though a bit too much, but nobody is perfect) ;)

So the conclusion is: Philips, please look at the HbbTV ZDF Mediathek to see how it's done and possibly perfect it even further, please! Also the bright triangle in the upper left corner to mimic reflection really is too much. Just make it a couple of slightly brighter lines, or remove it completely, as the way it is now, the contrast in that area is very bad, especially when the picture is rather dark.

And finally one question, just as Toengel asked before: what is the correct setting to enable the recommendations?... Should the option say "Recommendation on" or "Recommendation off"? I ask, because until now the recommendations shown have never changed for me, even though I didn't watch that particular channel for a long time now and I did try both settings.

Nettle
02-18-2012, 01:37 PM
Dear all,

i've put all the available App in my NET TV menu.

At the moment my App Gallery doesn't contain any App.

The problem is that, accessing to App Gallery is impossible to exit from it!!!!

If I try to exit from NET TV (to watch the TV for example) and I go back to NET TV,
the App Gallery empty page is displayed (instead of the Net TV main page).

You can't exit at all!

There's no way to use NET TV anymore.

To use NET TV again, the only solution is to switch off the TV.

Please Philips, solve this issue.

Thnaks. Regards

jielse
02-18-2012, 04:02 PM
After going back and forth among some apps, the PIP in now tv disappears (just black ). Managed to reload the page and get the PIP back, but most of the times when it happens I need to restart th TV.

Nettle
02-18-2012, 04:23 PM
After going back and forth among some apps, the PIP in now tv disappears (just black ). Managed to reload the page and get the PIP back, but most of the times when it happens I need to restart th TV.

I confirm.

Regards

Chrissie18
02-20-2012, 10:50 AM
Dear all,

i've put all the available App in my NET TV menu.

At the moment my App Gallery doesn't contain any App.

The problem is that, accessing to App Gallery is impossible to exit from it!!!!

If I try to exit from NET TV (to watch the TV for example) and I go back to NET TV,
the App Gallery empty page is displayed (instead of the Net TV main page).

You can't exit at all!

There's no way to use NET TV anymore.

To use NET TV again, the only solution is to switch off the TV.

Please Philips, solve this issue.

Thnaks. Regards

Try to use the 'booklet' button of the remote (the one to acces EPG, channellist and text).
I think it is a shortcut to return to the main page from any page within NetTV

Chris.

DiFranca
02-20-2012, 01:52 PM
I'm facing a strange problem.
When I enter NET TV menu, all navigation and color buttons stop working, so I cannot select any app or confirm any selection... The only thing I can do is exit NET TV.
The TV is updated and these buttons work normally in all other menus.

abuelzouz
02-20-2012, 03:40 PM
i can't write into youtube leanback using my iphone!!!! i used to have this ability before, com'on you tube comone philips, really bring some japs or koreans to work for you, they will make for us a proper interface, and proper update!!!!

Nettle
02-20-2012, 08:58 PM
Try to use the 'booklet' button of the remote (the one to acces EPG, channellist and text).
I think it is a shortcut to return to the main page from any page within NetTV

Chris.

Tried but it was not helpful.

Regards

uzur
02-21-2012, 01:59 PM
On the main screen Smart TV i'v got wrong time(+3 h to my) and dont see wheather. Whats i do wrong?

Iceman
02-22-2012, 11:12 AM
I'm facing a strange problem.
When I enter NET TV menu, all navigation and color buttons stop working, so I cannot select any app or confirm any selection... The only thing I can do is exit NET TV.
The TV is updated and these buttons work normally in all other menus.

Since the new "Smart TV" I have the exact same problem. After switching back to factory default,
I now can't even pass the "Terms and Conditions" screen. My "IP-EPG" is also not working. Is this a known issue for Philips? If yes, when will it be fixed?

DerShortyy
02-22-2012, 12:05 PM
@DiFranca &
@Iceman

hey guys, which TV do you have and which FW is installed?

DiFranca
02-22-2012, 01:36 PM
I have a 40PFL8605 with 140.46 firmware.

@Iceman
I did a factory reset and I can't pass "Terms and Conditions" too. The text only scrolls down until the end and I can't agree with the terms.

Toengel
02-22-2012, 01:41 PM
Hi,

I read somewhere here in the forum that this is a known firmware issue which is acutually addressed and tested...

Toengel@Alex

Iceman
02-22-2012, 02:05 PM
@DiFranca &
@Iceman

I have a 32PFL7605/12 with 140.46 firmware.

After my post I got a PM from Philips with a TIP.
I should downgrade to firmware 140.34
Complete the NET-TV setup and then upgrade to the latest firmware.

It's something I will try to night.

DerShortyy
02-22-2012, 02:11 PM

thats right, thats why i asked you about your sets and your FW Version! Good luck!

WileECoyote
02-22-2012, 03:11 PM
thats right, thats why i asked you about your sets and your FW Version! Good luck!

Hi,
I have a 46PFL7655M same 000.140.046.000 Firmware.
Where I can get previous firmwares?

Regards
Wile E.

DerShortyy
02-22-2012, 03:48 PM
Hi,
I have a 46PFL7655M same 000.140.046.000 Firmware.
Where I can get previous firmwares?

Regards
Wile E.

http://www.philips.samipupu.com/9xx5.html

WileECoyote
02-22-2012, 03:56 PM
http://www.philips.samipupu.com/9xx5.html

Thanks DerShortyy!
Do I have to downgrade to 140.40 (Solution to activate Net TV in a better way) or 140.39?

Regards
Wile E.

DerShortyy
02-22-2012, 04:11 PM
from Philips with a TIP.

so itīs best to take 140.34 i guess :-)

WileECoyote
02-22-2012, 04:13 PM
so itīs best to take 140.34 i guess :-)

OPS! (^_^)

Iceman
02-23-2012, 07:40 AM

The steps Philips suggested were successful. My "Smart-TV" and "IP-EPG" are working again.
Thanks for the fast reaction.

Sjekke
02-23-2012, 09:09 PM
My "digicorder" is connected via HDMI. When I use SmartTV, I have never seen the PIP in "On TV now". It worked once but then never again.

Bug? Suggestions?

Cheers
Sjekke

zlatko
02-24-2012, 10:13 AM
@Sjekke
I have STB connected via HDMI as well as media player, but I always have "On TV now" present.
Several times I experienced picture in "On TV now" window disappears, and I can not switch TV to HDMI input. I have to power it OFF/ON to get normal operation again.

Lucky Kameleon
02-24-2012, 10:14 AM
Hi all,

In the new Smart TV interface recommendations are shows in the top right container. I've got recommendations for TV programms, but no recommendations for video-on-demand. Am I missing something?

I am a ZIGGO customer in the Netherlands (don't know if that's got something to do with it) and the newest firmware is installed on my PFL7606. The Videoland and Viewster app are installed also and I've rented a movie form Videoland as well.

Freddy
02-24-2012, 10:51 AM
Hello all! :)

First @Sjekke and @zlatko:

HDMI PIP is only available on PFLxxx6 (2011) and later models. The fact that you, Sjekke, said "It worked once", is probably because you had used the internal tuner just before you started SmartTV that time.

And @Lucky Kameleon:

yes, I have the same problem as you: only recommendations for tv programs yet to come. Not for "Uitzending Gemist / RTLXL", nor for "Videoland / Viewster".

Arnaud
02-25-2012, 08:46 PM
I have 40pfl8605h/12 and latest firmware 140.046.
I am not able to navigate in smart tv and now i am even not able
To acces net tv anymore (cannot get past registration)

Who can help?
Ps: i read on forum to downgrade to 140.034 but tv did not recognize downgrade install file

Arnaud
02-26-2012, 05:04 AM
My problem is solved.
I managed to downgrade to
140.34 . Set up net tv proces.
And upgraded to 140.46 again

Harald
02-29-2012, 11:07 AM
Why there are with Smart TV two different start windows? With
mean 32PFL9705 she is like on top and with mine 58PFL9955H / 12 is
they differently! (App's like before listed, no PIP, data weather on the top right and preview below) Giving it a reason for it? Please, around info!892893

konik960
02-29-2012, 01:30 PM
46PFL6606H
Unsubscribe from this forum.
anyone from Philips is not interested in the problems of users.
no response, no response from Philips
system is not polished and it is a scandal
I dissuaded a friend buy this Used Equipment

starterz
02-29-2012, 01:44 PM
Really, I think it is time that we heard something from Philips on all reported matters with the new Smart TV interface. Works just fine most of the time at my side (40PFL6606H/12), but nevertheless, if the forum is supposed to be a link with the customers - we are missing it.

Freddy
02-29-2012, 01:55 PM
Why there are with Smart TV two different start windows? With
mean 32PFL9705 she is like on top and with mine 58PFL9955H / 12 is
they differently! (App's like before listed, no PIP, data weather on the top right and preview below) Giving it a reason for it? Please, around info!
What firmware versions are on both your tv's?... I guess it is because your 9955 has a really old firmware.

Harald
02-29-2012, 02:07 PM
Hy Freddy!

Firmware: 000.140.046.000 !

Freddy
02-29-2012, 02:59 PM
Hmmm... that's strange then. It shouldn't be that way. Philips?... Please help. :)

DerShortyy
02-29-2012, 04:04 PM
Hy Freddy!

Firmware: 000.140.046.000 !

Have you tried to clear the NET TV Memory?

Harald
02-29-2012, 04:33 PM
Have you tried to clear the NET TV Memory?

Yes I have. Already several times. The device has come back 2 weeks ago of the repair. The main platinum was exchanged. In the meantime, was the conversion on Smart TV. Now a lot does not function any more.

The hotline of Philips has said me the homepages different it of Smart TV give. Nevertheless, Toengel says me only one gives.

Please, around help!

DerShortyy
02-29-2012, 05:23 PM
Yes I have. Already several times. The device has come back 2 weeks ago of the repair. The main platinum was exchanged. In the meantime, was the conversion on Smart TV. Now a lot does not function any more.

The hotline of Philips has said me the homepages different it of Smart TV give. Nevertheless, Toengel says me only one gives.

Please, around help!

This is very strange indeed...
in general Toengel is right, but on the HTS and BDPīs the Smart TV looks just like on your one device...

Toengel
02-29-2012, 06:39 PM
Hi,

something seems to be wrong in the detection of your model by the SmartTV-portal servers. Maybe the serial number of your TV "says" something and the server think that this is a BDP or HTS.

Toengel@Alex

Harald
03-01-2012, 06:16 AM
Hi,

something seems to be wrong in the detection of your model by the SmartTV-portal servers. Maybe the serial number of your TV "says" something and the server think that this is a BDP or HTS.

Toengel@Alex

OK! What can I make?

Toengel
03-01-2012, 07:35 AM
Hi,

write a personal message to "Philips - Mark" and point him to your post with the images and ask him what to do... also mention your TV serial number and internet MAC address.

Toengel@Alex

Parker
03-01-2012, 10:07 AM
I am so pleased I brought a Philips led tv. One of the best and always looking to upgrade software. Cannot wait for the upgrade on the net tv.

I do hope they keep improving software options to fit in with apple products and other brand sound systems.

Toengel
03-01-2012, 10:32 AM
Hi,

two days ago my TV restarted again during using the new portal :(

Toengel@Alex

Freddy
03-01-2012, 01:31 PM
Just out of interest Alex, as I have never experienced a crash,

how long had you been using the portal when it crashed and
does this happen after using a certain app, or is that random?...

DerShortyy
03-01-2012, 01:34 PM
Hi,

two days ago my TV restarted again during using the new portal :(

Toengel@Alex

so itīs about time to exchange that old baby...

Toengel
03-01-2012, 01:51 PM
Hi,

it's not reproduceable - I had one situation this happend just after starting NetTV and press OK on Videociety...

Since I and some other users (BUT NOT ALL) have also a problem with non-loading images, I think this will be solved by a future update. And I'm confident, that Philips is working hard on it ;-)

Toengel@Alex

smart
03-02-2012, 07:47 AM
I could not reproduce the occasionally crashes also, but on my side, I would not say, they depend on the SmartTV portal. I had them also before.

smart
03-03-2012, 01:19 PM
I saw that the highlight focus disappear, when you follow a recommendation of videociety and you press back button to get back to SmartTV portal. Then after being back on SmartTV portal the highlight focus is missing...

Toengel
03-03-2012, 03:48 PM
Hi,

at the moment, I have no weather and date information at all...

Toengel@Alex

smart
03-03-2012, 03:53 PM
Hi Toengel,

on my side weather and date information is there. It is correct and stays after reload of the website...

Toengel
03-03-2012, 03:55 PM
Hi,

I also tried to reload the page - doesn't change anything... well - I'm waiting for a "repair"-release :-D

Toengel@Alex

Harald
03-03-2012, 07:05 PM
Hi,

write a personal message to "Philips - Mark" and point him to your post with the images and ask him what to do... also mention your TV serial number and internet MAC address.

Toengel@Alex

Hi Alex!

I sent Mark a message of my problems with Net TV. So far no response from him. My status with the 58PFL9955H \ 12 is still unchanged. One thing I have noticed yet! The App Videociety (Austria and Germany) we do not list with me. Is it just me with that? Request for Information. lg Harald

Toengel
03-04-2012, 09:27 AM
Hi,

if your TV is recognized as BDP/HTS (SmartTV GUI from BDP), you won't get Videociety, because it is not availalbe on BDPs at the moment.

Toengel@Alex

Toengel
03-04-2012, 12:15 PM
Hi,

I'd like so show you my experiences with the new portal:

No weather information

Missing images:

Toengel@Alex

Jag
03-04-2012, 02:32 PM
Hi,

The coloured buttons of my BDP5180/12 are not working in new NetTV (3. March 2012)! With the last version of NetTV it was working!

I'm using a Blue-ray Disk Player BDP5180/12 with the last available Firmware version 1.54 and the German interface of NetTV.

On my BDP5180 the coloured buttons are not working inside the new NetTV interface, therefore the functions for the red button: "remove app", green button: "move", yellow button: "block" (German: Sperren) and blue button: "feedback" are not available.
Furthermore inside apps like "ARD Mediathek", "ZDF Mediathek" or alike the coloured buttons also are not working. Other functions are ok!

Another problem on my BDP5180:
On my BDP5180 is an other version of the "Bild.de" app available as on my TV (PFL9604). This version of "Bild.de" app on the BDP5180 does not working!
"Bild.de" address on TV 9604: http://nettv.bild.de
"Bild.de" address on BDP5180: http://json.bild.de/tv/cehtml.cehtml

If I open via internet the address http://nettv.bild.de on my BDP5180 it is working fine. I want to get back the "Bild.de" app with address http://nettv.bild.de on my BDP5180.

Regards,
Jag

konik960
03-05-2012, 02:24 PM
Before Philips will improve their smart tv,
it's been outdated equipment
I greet strategists Phillips
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5aO48yjRdA

smart
03-16-2012, 10:07 PM
For me, the WAVI is not interesting. It just brings your PC to the TV screen. Also allows some USB control to be transferres wirelessly. You can also connect a MacMini or a tiny PC to your TV instead of bridging the display and control.
I want a seperate couch optimated user experience. I also want it fast, with nice UI and with easy control. I do not want just another PC in the living room.

But this are only my few cents...

But back to topic:

I had the darker background in SmartTV, the first time, today. And I really like it. The darker color in the evening looks good!

Toengel
04-15-2012, 11:46 AM
Hi,

I need again post something regarding the new portal, since I still have problems on my BDP9600:

First I want to state, that I cleared the NetTV cache and logged in successfully again. After starting NetTV I still have loading problems of images in the right panel (recommondation):

images are not loaded (the small rectangles in the first image - one can see that the small image isn't loaded in the second image, too)
if I click on the recommondation panel only a black page appears where I can see a blue "OK"
the loading bullet statusbar is visible continuesly - it never stops and consequently the whole NetTV is slow as hell

I'm wondering why the recommondation panel is available, since on BDPs I don't have the "online video" App (only TVs does have this app, right?).

Furthermore, I found a reproduceable bug on my 58PFL9955 with the new portal:

watch any HDMI resource (e.g. home screen of BDP)
press Home on TV remote
choose NetTV => PIP is black, since last source is HDMI = normal behavior
press Home on TV remote
choose TV => one can see the normal TV broadcast
press Home on TV remote
choose NetTV => PIP is black, even if last source was TV => not normal behavior => one can repeat that many times
PIP is back, if one starts an App and returns to the NetTV home screen.

Hope you can fix this soon.

Best wishes,

Alex

bta
04-15-2012, 09:13 PM
Hi together,

today I select a OnlineTV recommendation at SmartTV home.
The result was, that OnlineTV have been opened, but the recommended content was neither started nor listed at the opened OnlineTV page. So the recommendation is senseless, because I've to search the recommended video manually at OnlineTV.

There is still a lot of work to do at SmartTV although there are a lot of bugs are fixed the the new portal has been released.

Enjoy our TV, it's fun!
bta.

tomios
04-18-2012, 08:37 AM
Hi.

It would be great to access SmartTV from PC, so we can change options and arrange widgets. I think I would be much faster that way...

gaetano
04-21-2012, 07:00 PM
How do you did to apply the downgrade?

tinver
05-15-2012, 03:44 PM
My problem is solved.
I managed to downgrade to
140.34 . Set up net tv proces.
And upgraded to 140.46 again

My TV also do not recognize downgrade install file.
How have you managed o downgrade?? Help me please!

My TV is 32PFL8605H/60. I`ve get downgrade file from support service

matthias
05-16-2012, 08:09 AM
This is maybe of interest to the NetTV dev. team and for anyone who feels the SmartTV home page is/was too slow.

I'm still running FW14.93 and just used NetTV and was positively suprised with the reaction speed of the SmartTV home page!
It loaded within 4-5 seconds, after which I could start moving the cursor, which also reacted very fast - I'm impressed - this is the feeling of speed I'd like to have.

I'm not sure which "version" of SmartTV is active right now - the layout looks like this (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/attachment.php?attachmentid=898&d=1330863278), but with an empty upper right box, and unfortunately also without time & weather plugin.)

It seems, disabling the upper right box really resulted in a huge speed-up, so except the time&weather plugin, which I miss, please keep that UI speed, I like it!

Thanks,
Matthias

matthias
05-16-2012, 08:32 AM
Oh, I think, my previous post was too early :-(
I switched off an on the TV, and now, SmartTV is load as before, including time, weather and upper right box.
Also, it's as slow as it was before :-(

@NetTV team: Please include a way to switch off the upper right box. I'd really like to keep the UI speed I just experienced..

smart
05-16-2012, 11:43 PM
The possibility to customize is good. Not sure, how I would decide, cause I like the weather and time info. But to leave the decision to the users is good.

bta
05-24-2012, 06:55 PM
Hi together,

I have 36 Apps at my SmartTV home (what mean 3 full pages; each with 12 Icons)
When I Add an App out from the AppGallery, the App is somewhere where I can't see or accesses it.
When I Remove an other App I see new former added Icon.
At the End of the Day this mean I can't add the App number 37.
What I expected was that a 4th page with one Icon opens, but this doesn't happen and I cant find where to add a page manually.

Does anybody else have such A problem?

(40pfl7605h/12 @ 140.47)

Enjoy your TV, it's fun!
bta

BTW: The possibility to sort the Apps at SmartTV is Scrap!

Cheese
05-25-2012, 10:36 AM
I thought to be smart and increase the speed of Smart tv by removing the apps i do not use.. Which are most of them.. but after a restart all apps are back again..

-Smart TV is to slow
- Smart TV has not enough options to manually configure the lay out

+ Smart Tv look oke and the idea behind is really cool, it's only to bad that it's launched while Philips is clearly enough not capable to provide the optimal experience.. the same with the remote (other topic)

kikonen
06-02-2012, 09:30 AM
I don't know about old UI since I have never used, but at least this new UI is very slow in 7xxxx series tv.

My suggestion would be to optimize responsiveness of UI.

samunicolas
06-26-2012, 02:06 PM
Here in Brazil, the new line of Philips 2012 TV has the function of SmartTV Plus. What is the difference for the SmartTV line 2011?
It has a model 8606D/78 2011 and would like to have new applications and how Netfilix

pusaqall
07-12-2012, 02:58 AM
I would say that not all countries provide the same model for each brand. Unless you will be the specific model you want online, but it would be too risky. http://imagicon.info/cat/12-19/smile4.png

Toengel
07-23-2012, 08:41 PM
Hi,

again some problem with the SmartTV GUI (Q5551, FW 14.99)

Again missing images

only a placeholder could be seen
e.g. Spiegel TV app was almost empty (only image borders)

PIP window

original aspect ratio is not kept (black bars should be seen on the left/right => it's 4:3 content)

Toengel@Alex

smart
07-28-2012, 10:34 PM
I can confirm the missing picture issue. This is very often the case, meaning, it is very rare, that really all pictures are shown...

Also the scaling for the PiP can be confirmed.

Toengel
08-05-2012, 11:59 AM
Hi,

again a nice portal:

FW 14.99 on 2011 device...

Toengel@Alex

starterz
08-05-2012, 12:33 PM
Working fine at my side this morning, 0.99 on 40PFL6606H/12. No problems with any of the elements.

Toengel
08-05-2012, 12:55 PM
Hi,

after some manual reloads it's working also on my side... but I also have an empty IP-EPG now... it's really bad...

Toengel@Alex

Peer
08-05-2012, 02:50 PM
Last week the IP-EPG only showed a black screen for > 20 seconds followed by an "OK" in the upper left corner. Nothing else. Both IP-EPG and SmartTV are very slow again despite the maintenance a while ago. Why can't the IP-EPG and even the SmartTV do a little bit of caching ? As posted earlier, Philips doesn't care about the 2010 models anymore and also about the terrible IP-EPG/SmartTV. There old slogan was "Let's make things better", when they left that things got worse.....

40PFL9705

Toengel
08-09-2012, 07:34 AM
Hi,

yesterday the portal was almost unusable on my TV (2011, FW 14.99). Almost no app icon image were available - only the frame. Recommondation panel was empty. Reloading the page does not work. Sometimes when I tried to reload the page the message "This page is currently not available" appeared. No fun at all...

Toengel@Alex

starterz
08-09-2012, 07:36 AM
Just to compare experiences, same setup, NetTV was working fine throughout the afternoon and evening. Is this dependant on geographical location?

robertwm
11-05-2012, 05:55 AM
Superb!

pspacek
11-25-2012, 03:03 PM
Coming soon

Good day. It is possible to operate the user interface on my TV? And the model 32pfl9604. Whether so, please advice how to upload there. I've got the latest version of firmware and it's still a state user interface. Thank you for the info. starling

gdelfino
06-28-2013, 09:44 PM
how can i change the language of the smarttv app from portuguese to english i have english on the tv but the app keeps being in portuguese, the tv is a 32 5000 series

Earthling
06-29-2013, 04:30 AM
how can i change the language of the smarttv app from portuguese to english i have english on the tv but the app keeps being in portuguese, the tv is a 32 5000 series

Thanks for bringing up this issue, this certainly is something worthwhile asking!

I have also tried to change this App's language to English but had no succes.

I'm just taking a wild guess but I think the App's language is set according to the IP/region from where you have downloaded it (kind of like how Google sets the language on your search page). The thing is that it's easier to find out how to change the language on Google... I just can't seem to find how to change from Portuguese to English... Let's hope some generous soul helps us out ;)

I was wondering if you were facing the following issues that I posted here as well:

http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?12738-New-MyRemote-App-3-1-1-does-not-find-my-Streamium-MCI8080&p=58700&viewfull=1#post58700

Regards