PDA

View Full Version : Pause function doesn't work with USB stick

AndreK
01-27-2012, 06:38 PM
I have a 40PFL660H/12 television with software version Q551-0.14.93.0.
Philips advises the use of a USB HD with a capacity of at least 250GB if you want to record and/or pause programs.
Previously I had a Topfield PVR with a 160GB HD which translates to 80 hours of recording.
Since I don't want to keep recorded program indefinetly and I rather not use a separate hard drive I thought it would be a good idea to use a 32GB USB-stick. This would mean I could record up to 16 hours if the Philips TV uses the same compression as the Topfield.
When I plug the USB stick in the television and press pause, the television indicates that it needs to format the USB dirve.
At first the formating goes reasonably fast. However the formatting seems to stop just before it reaches the end.
It took so long that I didn't wait for it. When I returned to the television it showed the message again that it wanted to format the drive.

Why am I not able to use a USB-stick to record programs? The stick I use is a Lexar Echo ZX Backup Drive (http://www.lexar.com/products/lexar-echo-zx-backup-drive-0?category=207).

Toengel
01-27-2012, 07:46 PM
Hi,

you need at least 32 GB free space - if you format a 32 GB stick, you will never have 32 GB of free space - just check that on a PC...

Toengel@Alex

AndreK
02-06-2012, 05:33 PM
Thanks Toengel,

I bought a Patriot Extreme Performance Xporter XT Rage 64GB USB-stick with a write speed up to 25 Mbps. It works fine.

Thanks again.

AndreK