PDA

View Full Version : Hbb-TV

Philips - Mark
01-30-2012, 10:33 AM
Internet connected TV’s from 2011 and beyond will automatically show a red button indication in the right bottom of the screen, when zapping channels.
Pressing the red button will provide the Hbb-TV widget.
From there you can select and enter Hbb-TV websites.
Dutch example:

Models of 2009 & 2010 are not able to show the red-button indicator nor the Hbb-TV widget.
These TVs will directly enter the Hbb-TV website when pressing the red button.

In case of DVB-C usages: Some cable companies do not support the red button signal from the broadcaster because they already have defined other use for the red button on the remote control. (like Ziggo & UPC).
In most countries the red button for Hbb-TV is supported via DVB-T and DVB-S.
For DVB-C it depends on cooperation of the cable company.
If the broadcaster allows us, and if the Hbb-TV site is fully functional, we are adding Apps to our portal referring to Hbb-TV sites as well.

Hbb-TV sites are a direct responsibility of the broadcaster.
Please write you experiences with Hbb-TV sites here.

Toengel
01-30-2012, 11:01 AM
Hi,

Germany. 2010 TV.

- ARD -> Mediathek (some things are not working correctly)
- ZDF -> Mediathek (some things are not working correctly)
- other ARD stations -> some of them are opening the Mediatheken
- other ZDF stations -> ZDF Mediathek is opened, but not the specialized Mediatheken

- Sat1 -> nothing happens
- Pro7 -> nothing happens
- Kabel1 -> nothing happens
- Vox -> nothing happens
- RTL -> nothing happens

Toengel@Alex

DerShortyy
01-30-2012, 01:35 PM
Hi,

Germany. 2010 TV.

- ARD -> Mediathek (some things are not working correctly)
- ZDF -> Mediathek (some things are not working correctly)
- other ARD stations -> some of them are opening the Mediatheken
- other ZDF stations -> ZDF Mediathek is opened, but not the specialized Mediatheken

- Sat1 -> nothing happens
- Pro7 -> nothing happens
- Kabel1 -> nothing happens
- Vox -> nothing happens
- RTL -> nothing happens

Toengel@Alex

Hi,
on 46pfl9706k02 Sat1 Pro7 Kabel1 Sixx works.
But there is still this issue that HBBTV forces the TV or just the network connection to reboot

Toengel
01-30-2012, 01:48 PM
Models of 2009 & 2010 are not able to show the red-button indicator nor the Hbb-TV widget.
These TVs will directly enter the Hbb-TV website when pressing the red button.

Dear Mark,

I'd like to ask, how the direct connection to the Mediatheken are done? Does Philips provide the connection between the red button and the app or is this also somehow read from the "HBBTV-URL", if available?

Toengel@Alex

Philips - Mark
01-30-2012, 02:16 PM
The Hbb-TV URL is embedded in the broadcasted signal. That is why it needs to be passed through in the cable signal for cable users. Even the widget data is in there. After you make choices, you will enter the Hbb-TV website over IP.

Toengel
01-30-2012, 02:26 PM
Hi,

so, on 2009/2010 models the TV reads the Hbb-TV website url (from DVB signal if possible) and open the site over IP, right?

One other question - HbbTV is DVB-based. What happens with analog channels. In the past one could open the HbbTV website also one the analog channels. It was indicated in the IP-EPG by the red triangle - so it was some kind of correspondence made by Philips, right? For example, Sat1 and Pro7 worked in the past until they changed some code and the apps weren't working anymore. Why was the red triangle removed?

Best wishes,

Alex

Freddy
01-30-2012, 03:52 PM
Hello everyone, :)

here is my report from the Netherlands using a 2010 TV:

Seem to be working fine:
- Nederland 1 (Digital)
- Nederland 1/2/3 (Analog)
- ARD (Analog)
- ZDF (Analog)
- Arte (Analog)

Are reported not to offer interactive tv:
- RTL 4/5/7/8 (Analog)
- SBS 6 (Analog)
- Veronica (Analog)
- NET 5 (Analog)
- VRT (Analog)
- KetNet/Canvas (Analog)
- WDR (Analog)
- BBC 1/2 (Analog)
- EuroSport (Analog)

Chrissie18
01-30-2012, 06:31 PM
Hello everyone, :)

here is my report from the Netherlands using a 2010 TV:

Seem to be working fine:
- Nederland 1 (Digital)
- Nederland 1/2/3 (Analog)
- ARD (Analog)
- ZDF (Analog)
- Arte (Analog)

Are reported not to offer interactive tv:
- RTL 4/5/7/8 (Analog)
- SBS 6 (Analog)
- Veronica (Analog)
- NET 5 (Analog)
- VRT (Analog)
- KetNet/Canvas (Analog)
- WDR (Analog)
- BBC 1/2 (Analog)
- EuroSport (Analog)

Hmm... Also have a 9705 2010 model, also live in The Netherlands, but all Dutch channels give 'Error: no interactive TV'.
Also tried Germal ZDF, and that channel did provide a nice page with a small PiP screen and some options boudn to the color keys.

A while ago I did go to the program catchup ('uitzending gemist') when pressing the red button on the Dutch public channels, but I do not thing that is the 'Hbb-TV', right? (it was actually the same catchup widget as you would see as you when the NetTV).

All channels are digital cable and HD channels.
Broadcaster 'Caiway'.

Greets,
Chris

PS: Freddy, why the heck are you watching analogue?! :P

Erikrijnders
01-30-2012, 08:32 PM
When are the 2009/2010 tv's supported ??????? When WILL it work correct ?????

Freddy
01-30-2012, 08:48 PM
Hmm... Also have a 9705 2010 model, also live in The Netherlands, but all Dutch channels give 'Error: no interactive TV'.Have you setup Nederland 1/2/3 (HD) in the IP-EPG, i.e. does the IP-EPG show you the correct contents for those stations?...

Also tried Germal ZDF, and that channel did provide a nice page with a small PiP screen and some options boudn to the color keys.Yes, that one does look nice!

A while ago I did go to the program catchup ('uitzending gemist') when pressing the red button on the Dutch public channels, but I do not thing that is the 'Hbb-TV', right? (it was actually the same catchup widget as you would see as you when the NetTV).For Nederland 1/2/3 HbbTV shows you the same as the new "Uitzending Gemist"-app.

All channels are digital cable and HD channels.
Broadcaster 'Caiway'.

Greets,
Chris

PS: Freddy, why the heck are you watching analogue?! :PI'm not. ;) I just don't have digital channels (except Ned. 1) on the tv itself. I do on my digital cable box of course!

miro9000
01-31-2012, 06:22 AM
Hello, I hope somebody help me.
How the red button works?. When I press it, apears the menu with demos of PNM and more.
is it necessary to configure something else in the menus ?
Should I press the red button while watching a channel or in the ip-epg?
I have a 8605

Toengel
01-31-2012, 06:52 AM
Hi,

check if you TV is setup for use at home - not at shop site...

Press red button during watching a channel.

Toengel@Alex

el911wood
01-31-2012, 06:57 AM
and do not use the internal sat receiver ... :mad:

Toengel
01-31-2012, 07:13 AM
Hi,

right - on 2010 devices IP-EPG and red button does not work with the DVB-S tuner - it's nowhere written down, but it's a fact :(

Toengel@Alex

Philips - Mark
01-31-2012, 09:22 AM
For 2011 TV’s models; please turn on Hbb-TV, via the TV settings.

Erikrijnders
01-31-2012, 04:46 PM
For 2011 TV’s models; please turn on Hbb-TV, via the TV settings.
When is this option available for the 2010-models ???

Toengel
01-31-2012, 04:49 PM
Hi,

never? ;-) Eric, you know that some features of 2011 devices will not be backported. However, I would also be grateful if the integrated opera browser would be updated to support the HBBTV standard.

Toengel@Alex

smart
01-31-2012, 05:28 PM
I would also wish to have the TV updated to support HbbTV. I would even pay for it. It's a pity, my feeling says, the 2010 TV Set is not far away from supporting it.

miro9000
01-31-2012, 06:53 PM
I must be loosing something. Mark has said that the 2010 Tvs Will enter directly pressing the red button. It does not work for me.

Chrissie18
01-31-2012, 07:02 PM
So, if people are willing to pay for it, could then somebody explain me what the obvious extra-ordinairy added value if of this Hbb-TV that I do not see?
I do like the way you can quickly go to the cathup-TV by pushing the button (instead of pressing, Home, NetTV, browsing to the app).

Probably I'm to oldfashined and just pick up my laptop to do any browsing (imdb)...

I do have all NL channels correctly in the IP-EPG, but still 'no interactive TV functionality'
And freddy why not invest in a CAM?

Greets,
Chris

Toengel
01-31-2012, 07:28 PM
Hi

@Chris
see the example of ARD: http://www.ard-digital.de/Empfang--Technik/HbbTV/HbbTV (take a look at the picture and also the links on the bottom to ARD EPG and ARD TEXT).

@miro9000
Did you check, if the TV setting is setup to "home" and not to "shop"?

Toengel@Alex

Erikrijnders
01-31-2012, 08:22 PM
I would also wish to have the TV updated to support HbbTV. I would even pay for it. It's a pity, my feeling says, the 2010 TV Set is not far away from supporting it.

Well I think support is a must!!! I donot buy a tv for only 2 years, but for 10 years. I think Hbbtv will expand more and more in de the next 8 years, so support of this feature on my 2010-set is a must!
Why doesnot Philips update the opera--browser?? Simple as it is. Why donot we get any feedback if we ask for it ???

miro9000
01-31-2012, 08:38 PM
Hi

@miro9000
Did you check, if the TV setting is setup to "home" and not to "shop"?

Toengel@Alex
Hi Toengel. Yes, my tv is in Home mode.

Freddy
02-01-2012, 11:46 AM
I do have all NL channels correctly in the IP-EPG, but still 'no interactive TV functionality'
And freddy why not invest in a CAM?I would, if I then could record and especially pause live tv. Since that is not possible with a 2010 tv, I prefer a separate digital decoder box that does offer all those features... That's why.

But back to HbbTV. Hmmm... the fact that it doesn't work for you and it does for me is apparently what Mark meant with whether or not the cable company allows them to use the red button. Actually very strange, as I suppose the red button doesn't offer your cable company's function either, so this way both sides loose. Mark?... Is this really necessary?...

And regarding the ARD example: yes, that really does look nice. But then again, all of that functionality is offered on ours as well, one way or the other, so... I don't really care that much. But that's just me... and maybe Chris... ;) I guess.

But for those who do value a more slick look (and I sure wouldn't mind of course): I don't understand why it isn't offered on 2010 devices, as it is actually remarkably similar to the original widgets that were supported (but never used) up until firmware 140.11. So, how hard can it be, Mark?... :)

Toengel
02-01-2012, 11:52 AM
Hi

@Freddy

the on-screen widgets are mostly based on the HBBTV 1.1.1 web standard (together with CE-HTML 1.0). However, the 2010 integrated opera browser (which is the basis) does only support CE-HTML 1.0 and not HBBTV 1.1.1. That's the reason why the on-screen widgets of e.g. ARD are not functional/viewable on 2010 models and the mediathek is loaded instead of the "ARD Startbar on-screen widget".

Toengel@Alex

Freddy
02-01-2012, 12:02 PM
Thanks for the explanation Alex! :) Makes it sound all the more easy to update for Philips, doesn't it!?... ;)

miro9000
02-01-2012, 01:50 PM
Sorry Mark, could you explain this sentence ?

These TVs will directly enter the Hbb-TV website when pressing the red button

Watching a channel with the hbb-tv working in a 2010 tv, pressing the red button:
if everything is ok, I will see the site,
if there is some problem , i will see a failure warning.
But in any case, i´ll never see again the demo menu
Is it right?

Toengel
02-01-2012, 02:03 PM
Hi,

the quote of Mark is explained by me in post #25 - the TV is not able to show widgets/buttons on a transparent layer during watching TV.

toengel@Alex

miro9000
02-01-2012, 02:30 PM
Hi,

the quote of Mark is explained by me in post #25 - the TV is not able to show widgets/buttons on a transparent layer during watching TV.

toengel@Alex

Yes Alex, you are right. The 2010 tv´s owners dont see any red button on the screen. But if we push the red button in the remote, the website (hbb-vt homepage of the channel)must appears replacing the program on screen.

Toengel
02-01-2012, 02:38 PM
Hi,

right - but the HBBTV webpage is only a small part of the whole HBBTV offer - at least at some channels...

Toengel@Alex (Toengel@Alex)

Erikrijnders
02-01-2012, 03:31 PM
Hi

@Freddy

the on-screen widgets are mostly based on the HBBTV 1.1.1 web standard (together with CE-HTML 1.0). However, the 2010 integrated opera browser (which is the basis) does only support CE-HTML 1.0 and not HBBTV 1.1.1. That's the reason why the on-screen widgets of e.g. ARD are not functional/viewable on 2010 models and the mediathek is loaded instead of the "ARD Startbar on-screen widget".

Toengel@Alex

Again my question to Mark: When will we get an update to the browser that DOES support HBBTV 1.1.1 on the 2010-models ???????????????? Please an update!

bta
02-01-2012, 06:22 PM
Hi Mark,

please would you be so kind to give us some explanations how the hbbtv will work.

For 2011 models you already described that the start url and the data for the start widget are part of the broadcasted tv signal which is a down stream path only. All further data are transfered via TCP-IP which is an up- and downstream.

But for the 2010 and the 2009 models? Is really the url in the broadcast used? For me it seems that the broadcasted url is ignored and the philips IP-EPG server is asked for the url to open. So "red button" mapping in 2010 and 2009 can only be done by philips and not by our (cable) providers. I assume this because when I press the red button on a channel that is not mapped at the IP-EPG my TV opens the IP-EPG dialog where I'm asked to map the channel.

So I kindly ask you to give us an info how the "red button" function is realized for non 2011 and beyond models. Thanks in advance.

Enjoy your tv, it's fun.
bta

40pfl7605h/12 @ 140.46

Chrissie18
02-01-2012, 07:38 PM
Yes, I'm starting to understand...
Indeed I get directly into the 'Mediatheken' part when pressing the red button. The other thing does look nice and fun to have (kind of 'now and then' - to put some oil on the fire :D), but I agree what Freddy says, that I personally do not care that much.. It's a nice-to-have for me...
Actually I found the one for ZDF actually is much cooler as it supports a nice picture in picture.

I do not understand though, why my dutch channels don't work, while the German ones do... ?!

Whaha.. lol... Just tried the non-HD versions of the Dutch public channels and there it does work (goes straight into the catch-up service).. Really strange...

Finally, I would also like to join bta: Enjoy your TV! :D

Greets,
Chris

Adamo
02-01-2012, 08:51 PM
"..." But for those who do value a more slick look (and I sure wouldn't mind of course): I don't understand why it isn't offered on 2010 devices, as it is actually remarkably similar to the original widgets that were supported (but never used) up until firmware 140.11. So, how hard can it be, Mark?... :)

I agree with Freddy.

I think that the 2010 models should have full support to the HBBTV. Should be fair, given the lack of the "Widget" functionality (promised and then removed by Philips).

Sincerely,
Adamo

Erikrijnders
02-02-2012, 04:12 PM
I agree with Freddy.

I think that the 2010 models should have full support to the HBBTV. Should be fair, given the lack of the "Widget" functionality (promised and then removed by Philips).

Sincerely,
Adamo

Totally agree. So when will the 2010-models het the correct Opera-browser so the full Hbbtv-functionality is there ?? Please Mark or someone else from Philips an update on this issue!!!!!

Toengel
02-02-2012, 04:41 PM
Hi,

@Eric
try to start a poll for the support of HBBTV in 2010 TVs... maybe we can reach some descision makers ;-)

Toengle@Alex

Erikrijnders
02-02-2012, 07:41 PM
Totally agree. So when will the 2010-models het the correct Opera-browser so the full Hbbtv-functionality is there ?? Please Mark or someone else from Philips an update on this issue!!!!!

Poll is made, bu I really think Philips must wake up and aswer to questions asked by there consumers here!!!

watirofo
03-08-2012, 10:13 PM
Hi,

I have a 2011 model 37PFL7606 and I'm using DVB-C in Germany from the provider Kabel Deutschland. HbbTV shows the red button on my TV and works for all free tv channels (ARD, ZDF, ARTE, N3,...).

But I get no message on any encrypted channel and when I press the red button on any encrypted channel, I get a message saying that there is no hbbTV available. As far as I know that's not true. I know that RTL, PRO7, SAT1 and ... support hbbTV.

So I read, that the cable company is responsable for the red button signal. Ok, maybe! But I still ask myself why I can't get hbbTV for all these channels. Who has to do what? Do I have to blame Kabel Deutschland? Is is a bug in my TV (running newest software)? What can I do?

Thanks for you help,
Andreas

DerShortyy
03-09-2012, 07:41 AM
Hi,

I have a 2011 model 37PFL7606 and I'm using DVB-C in Germany from the provider Kabel Deutschland. HbbTV shows the red button on my TV and works for all free tv channels (ARD, ZDF, ARTE, N3,...).

But I get no message on any encrypted channel and when I press the red button on any encrypted channel, I get a message saying that there is no hbbTV available. As far as I know that's not true. I know that RTL, PRO7, SAT1 and ... support hbbTV.

So I read, that the cable company is responsable for the red button signal. Ok, maybe! But I still ask myself why I can't get hbbTV for all these channels. Who has to do what? Do I have to blame Kabel Deutschland? Is is a bug in my TV (running newest software)? What can I do?

Thanks for you help,
Andreas

Hi Andreas,
have you tried to test HBBTV on Pro7 SD? There it should work. RTL doesn´t provide a HBBTV Page. This might be a limitation of the Philips TV. All other strange behaviours with HBBTV are bugs of the TV.

ahasver
03-14-2012, 03:15 AM
First I'll try to clarify some remaining confusions on differences between HbbTV and CeHtml/NetTV. After that I have a question special to NetTV2011 devices.
Even if my 8404 doesn't support HBBTV I 've got some experiences with other devices...

* HbbTV is signalised in DVB-Data as so called DVB-URL and could only work, if channel is transmitting this data. Even if a station sends a DVB-URL via Satellite this signal is still missed in various cable networks. In Germany the big cable operators transmit HBBTV-Signal only fur public broadcasters, so on private networks (Pro7, RTL...) there isn't a HBBTV-Signal (some cable network operators like mine take signals direct from Satellite Astra and there the HBBTV on Sat1/Pro7 is working

* the HbbTV-Signal may show an widget (overlay or icon) and the entry into HBBTV-Application goes then via Red button and call the DVB-URL. Mostly this DVB URL guides to an internet adress that starts the App. But the App could alternatively be also transmitted by DVB-Data. Apps accessed via Internet works also on older devices, only special functions aren't working. Access to channel list an switching channels don't work when called the Internet URL directly. The whole ARD HBBTV App works including HBBTV-EPG on my 8404 when calling URL, only channel switching and running tv channel in background don't work.

* HBBTV works -if supported- independent from manufacturer, so all received services could be displayed - there is no need for an special deal whith portal. But here in Germany some Station limit access to only certified manufacturers for special DRM requirements. So RTL-HBBTV doesn't work on many devices, assume even not on Philips.

* Red button via NetTV/IPEPG works different. This way the URL from Philips data base in NetTV is called - and this URL is mostly different from the HBBTV-Internet URLs. So for ARD only the mediathek is accessible - the colour buttons are disabled, Tagesschau is accessed via different APP. The coloured Buttons to navigate between Tagesschau, Mediathek, Diggitext and HBBTV-EPG work correctly when called URL diffently via Internet APP. And many channels transmitting HBBTV signals aren't linked via NetTV red button.

So and now I come to some observations using a HBBTV enabled PFL7406 during Christmas holidays:

When pressing Red Button after Zapping before the HBBTV-Signal is recieved correctly it starts the URL linked by NetTV/IPEPG. This is a bit confusing.

And for radio channels transmitting HBBTV-Signals (all ARD Radio stations do) this seems to be suppressed by TV-Software and isn't handled properly: When Zapping from one ARD-Radio channel to an other some times the HBBTV-Widget of the station listened just before is displayed or is shortly diplayed during zapping but fast hided. But I couldn't call a HBBTV-App of any ARD radio station. Is this fixed by now?

DerShortyy
03-14-2012, 06:25 AM
Very nice clarification!!!

Lobster
05-07-2012, 06:47 AM
Hello,
the last Friday (4th May 2012), the state-supported public TV in the Czech Republic (CT) started HbbTV broadcasting on all of its channels via DVB-T. According to the instructions and presentations of the Czech television station, the red button indication should be displayed on the screen and everything should work similarly as in Germany. But the the red button indication is not displayed on my 32PFL6606H with the last firmware and with HbbTV switched on. It is a 2011 model, so it should work. What could be the issue? More people report the same problem on Czech forums.

jcl
05-08-2012, 09:27 AM
Can i expect my 42PFL7665H able to work with France5 HbbTV some day ?
thanks

Toengel
05-08-2012, 11:52 AM
Hi,

HbbTV is not supported on 2010 devices.

Toengel@Alex

jcl
05-08-2012, 01:13 PM
OK thanks for answer :(
Next buy I will try another brand ;)

Lobster
05-18-2012, 06:30 AM
To run the HbbTV applications in the Czech Republic, it is possible to put following URL to the Internet browser:
http://hbbtv.ceskatelevize.cz/teletext
From here, go to the main menu.
The special application for the Ice hockey championship also works well.

zircon
05-22-2012, 07:14 PM
hello,

HbbTV on, I tried on returning an address manually in the web tab NetTV (SmartTV):
1) cehtml.arte.tv
2) hbbtv.ceskatelevize.cz / teletext

and these two addresses on my work site HbbTV pfl8605.
The address. CZ, a computer with the buttons red, green ... do not appear, while on the tv, yes

Also on this photo HbbTV trials for Roland Garros, it's a 8605 TV that is used for the demo.
http://www.oezratty.net/wordpress/wp-content/WindowsLiveWriter/Le-lancement-dHbbTV-en-France_132E3/Demo-HbbTV-22_thumb.jpg

Basically, it lacks the means to call applications HbbTV to enjoy it.

Thank you!

text translated by google translator

Erikrijnders
06-02-2012, 09:30 AM
Philips in Holland UPC supports HbbTv on al lot of channels now. When can the 2010-models expect an update so they can use this functionality as it should work ????

Please an update on this. When will this be solved??? More and more channels in Holland (SBS e.g. is working on it) will have HbbTV. So please make an update the gives full support of HbbTV. The solution used tight now is not a full support of HbbTV and doesnot give all functionallaties.

Erikrijnders
06-24-2012, 10:14 AM
Another channel in Holland had HbbTV: TV Flevoland.
Onfortunatelly the 2010-sets cannot enjoy this feature while is isnot full implemented.
Please Philips solve this!

frgall
07-06-2012, 06:07 PM
Hi

In France, France television Group has launched two days ago HbbTV services called "Salto" That concerns 11 channel of the group. The services is available from 8:00 PM

Philips said "In most countries the red button for Hbb-TV is supported via DVB-T and DVB-S."

I have a 40PFL8605H12 TV a 2010 model, on DVB-T Channel France 2 for example, when i press the red button of the remote control nothing appears. I reach the demo functionality of the TV (HD demo, 200 HZ clear LCD démo, Perfect Natural Motion démo....) did i miss something ?

Another point France Télévision says : the TV should be compatible with HbbTV 1.1 and 1.5. Is It the case for my 2010 model ?

They also Said that the service will be available when you press the Blue Button of the remote control . Blue or Red ? who's right? When i press the Blue Button nothing appears

Then they said that the downrate should be at least 1,5 Mbps. i have 2,5 Mbps.

So what's wrong my firmware is the 47 version.
Thanks in advance for your Help

Regards

Toengel
07-06-2012, 07:20 PM
Hi,

you have a 2010 TV (xxPFLxxx5) and these TVs don't support HbbTV. They only support CE-HTML, which is only a small part of the whole HbbTV specification.

Toengel@Alex

Erikrijnders
07-06-2012, 07:56 PM
Yes, so when will the customers with a 2010-set get the update so they have HbbTV 1.1 or 1.5 ??

frgall
07-06-2012, 08:56 PM
Hi,

you have a 2010 TV (xxPFLxxx5) and these TVs don't support HbbTV. They only support CE-HTML, which is only a small part of the whole HbbTV specification.

Toengel@Alex

Thank you

So when philips says " Models of 2009 & 2010 are not able to show the red-button indicator nor the Hbb-TV widget.
These TVs will directly enter the Hbb-TV website when pressing the red button."

It means that these models can acces HbbTV's web site which are coded in CE-HTML only. In fact these models (2009-2010) have a very restrictive compatibility with HbbTV. That's what we should understand. And do i have to understand under these particularities that these models won't be updated to support The Full HbbTV spécifications

regards

Erikrijnders
07-07-2012, 08:46 AM
That indeed is a question that is asked for al long time of periode now. Philips should respond to this. I donot use a tv for two years, but for 10 years. So Philips should make an update to fully support HbbTV on 2010-tv's

klauzser
07-27-2012, 01:07 AM
I am not sure what seems to be the problem on their end, but Philips is know for now updating the old models. That's what I encountered for the past years. http://imagicon.info/cat/12-19/icon_smile1.gif

kober
08-01-2012, 11:52 AM
HbbTV worked on my 42PFL6007K/12 after update to FW v0.132.5.1 in for the Czech TV mentioned above. I use the past tense, because the red button worked only for the first run of the TV. After I switched it off and on again, there is only a menu for some demo functions. Too bad.

afmbilbo
08-04-2012, 10:00 AM
In Spain, the HbbTV still not working. TVE provides this service and the menu only appears on television to give the red buttons. We expect a solution in a future software revision.

I have the TV 37PFL6007 and the latest firmware version: 000,132,005,003

Toengel
08-04-2012, 10:10 AM
Hi,

which TV do you have and which firmware is installed?

Toengel@Alex

afmbilbo
08-04-2012, 10:23 AM
I have the TV 37PFL6007 and the latest firmware version: 000,132,005,003

Toengel
08-04-2012, 10:24 AM
Hi,

Philips is aware, that HbbTV problems exist with this firmware - see firmware thread in TV 2012 sub forum.

Toengel@Alex

Erikrijnders
08-10-2012, 04:03 PM
SBS6 had HbbTV now, my 2010-Philips tv still doesnot support it!

golvellius
08-14-2012, 02:02 PM
Hi ..

I have TV Model Serie 5500 - 40PFL5507H/12 . With latest upgrade software of july 30 .
In my country , Spain . There are two major Channels transmitting hbbtv .

La sexta : It is OK . Work FULL .
TVE : Not Working , Showing press RED button , but when appears the menus , after is automatically dissapearing ...

Can you check this , is a problem of the TV HBBTV version support ?

Thanks a lot

golvellius
08-14-2012, 02:03 PM
Sorry , Software firmware version is :
000.090.000.000 dated
2012-07-30

Bye

Erikrijnders
08-15-2012, 09:00 AM
The 2010-models only have an app-suppport via the red button. Now not all the apps are supported (e.g. SBS, ProSieben) I kindly request an update for full support of HbbTV!

miri
10-29-2012, 01:01 PM
I have a brand new 50PFL7956T with latest FW and have no HBB though it being broadcastet. There is no field in the menu where I can activate HbbTV. Support in Denmark says that HbbTV is not activated on scandinavian models from 2011(!) All manuals (even) the internal help function mention HbbTV as standard and this is also done in danish. I haven't tried yet, but will it be possible to get HbbTV if I install as fx I was in Germany? This will give me all sorts of other problems though:(....

Toengel
10-29-2012, 01:10 PM
Hi,

in the TV setup there is an option to enable/disable HbbTV. Also if you have a channel with HbbTV just press the option key, there is an item to activate/deactivate HbbTV. If not, you can try to setup your TV to Germany.

Toengel@Alex

miri
10-29-2012, 01:25 PM
in the TV setup there is an option to enable/disable HbbTVToengel@AlexBut thats the case!
This option is not enabled - its not even there! - so its not possible to activate/deactivate HbbTV!

Toengel
10-29-2012, 01:43 PM
Hi,

then try to setup your TV to Germany.

Toengel@Alex

Nachete
01-11-2013, 10:23 AM
Philips 42PFL7606H

With the latest firmware the HbbTV not work in Spain, do not open any content

The last firm:
http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpindex.pl?ctn=42PFL7606H/12&slg=es&scy=ES&mid=Link_Software

mrots
01-13-2013, 05:13 PM
TV: 55pfl8007T/12 fw 150.80 - wifi connection to internet.

In Denmark, DR is running some HbbTV experiements - and it works really well.

But there is a very annoying thing happening with HbbTV enabled: while watching DR1 channel, the TV suddenly shows a large popup which completely blocks the broadcast image. The pop-up says "Tilslutter ...." (= "connecting" in danish) and there is a STOP button at the bottom...

No matter how long I wait, this popup never disappears on its own - so I have to click the OK button on the remote to get rid of the popup - after which the broadcast returns to the screen.

It seems that the HBB data that should just show the "red button" popup casues the TV to try to connect to the DR server (or whatever) - and if it fails the large "Tilslutter..." pop-up is shown.

I guess it could be a local WiFi problem - but it happens also shortly after I've used SmartTV features (using WiFi) - and switches back to DR1 channel. And in any case, it shouldn't bother me with a popup -- at least not until I press the red button to actually utilize the HbbTV features.

If I disable the HbbTV feature on DR1, the "Tilslutter..." popup never appears.

Any ideas what's going on?

vanessa
01-19-2013, 10:43 AM
Hello,

I have one 42 PLF7676H. In Spain since two weeks ago, at TVE (all channels with HbbTV) it´s not posible
to reproduce any program. I can see the main menu of HbbTV but all videos appear in black. I have upgrade my software but the problems continue. One month ago I see everything on HbbTV, and have not
change anything on my tv ??

Anyone can help me?

vanessa
01-19-2013, 10:45 AM
Have same problem. All videos in black and not reproducing from TVE.

melri
01-16-2014, 09:26 AM
I have a new Philips 46PFL4908 and Hbb-TV does not work!
On german Channels like Das Erste (ARD), ZDF, arte... with Hbb-TV nothing happens.
No Symbol for Hbb-TV appears and pressing the red Button opens only always a menu with: "Digital Crystal Clear, Micro Dimming, Artefaktunterdrückung and Active Control Demos".

Please say me how I can use Hbb-TV or I will return the TV to the Shop.

Toengel
01-16-2014, 11:02 AM
Hi,

did you install the latest firmware? If yes, what is the exact firmware version?

Toengel@Alex

melri
01-16-2014, 11:06 AM
The TV finds no new Software (Firmware) to update.
Version: TPM1013E_002.030.000.001

Toengel
01-16-2014, 11:27 AM
Hi,

HbbTV is only supported from firmware version 3.0.0.1 and newer...

Toengel@Alex

melri
01-16-2014, 11:29 AM
Hi,

HbbTV is only supported from firmware version 3.0.0.1 and newer...

Toengel@Alex

But PHILIPS says in the TV Manual and on the Internet, that this TV has Hbb-TV!

More in the GERMAN Forum!

Marcel V
08-07-2014, 01:25 PM
Hi,

never? ;-) Eric, you know that some features of 2011 devices will not be backported. However, I would also be grateful if the integrated opera browser would be updated to support the HBBTV standard.

Toengel@Alex

'integrated opera browser'? NOT!!!

All NetTV comes from the cloud. The Philips TV's has no SmartTV integrated. They only display a terminal version of a cloud application at IBM servers.

Only the HbbTV function is supported by the TV itself.

Philips - Thomas
08-07-2014, 01:57 PM
Hi

thanks for putting up this old Thread, however, opera is installed on the TV.

so long
Thomas