PDA

View Full Version : Experience Thread - TPM177E_012.002.070.001 for 6162/12, 6262/12 and 6272/12

Caroline Philips
07-27-2017, 01:08 PM
Hello,

The latest software solves the below issues:

TPM177E_012.002.070.001 (Date published: 2017-07-25)
 Resolve favourite channel list reordering issue
 Open internet browser hint message translation issue
 Channel logo update

TheGuy
09-21-2017, 10:22 AM
Hi to all!
Nice to be part of the Philips community :)

Straight to the problem...
I just bought the 55PUS6162/12 ( one week purchase )
First think I did was to update the firmware ( I can't tell if this is firmware related )

What I noticed so far:
1) UI is slow ( some times when I plug in a usb the UI becomes even slower and very rare unresponsive )
2) TV froze just once, the menu just froze and I couldn't turn it off via remote, I even couldn't turn it off via the joystick from behind, I unplugged the power cord in order for the TV to reset.
3) Motion Interpolation does not work if I play videos from PC
4) Motion interpolation in some videos stutters every time on the same scenes, it is like I have it on standard for example and on the exact same scenes it turns itself off for 1 second and comes back on.
Those videos are H264 / 4.1 / AVC / DTS / MKV

Should I reflash the firmware? Maybe a downgrade?
Thanks for your time!

TheGuy
09-21-2017, 10:46 AM
Ok I just saw the new firmware, so I'll update to that and I'll post there if I'll have the same issues.

Is it ok to update it? cause I have 6162/12

connor84
09-22-2017, 01:25 AM
Since i have updated the firmware, the tv will no longer turn on via the remote control. The only resolution is to unplug and then it works when plugged in again. Have the Tv only 1 week. Seriously not good enough. Also Netflix is causing problems since and have reverted to using it on my PS4

Caroline Philips
09-22-2017, 12:25 PM
Ok I just saw the new firmware, so I'll update to that and I'll post there if I'll have the same issues.

Is it ok to update it? cause I have 6162/12

Hi,

/05 and /12 have different software!

TheGuy
09-22-2017, 04:40 PM
Hi,

/05 and /12 have different software!

Hi again!

So , something else that I can try?
Do you know if another firmware update is on the road?

Something new that came up, today for the first time I tried the Smart TV Feature, but I'm always getting
Connecting to the Philips server...
Philips server not found. Try gain later.

Internet connection is ok, firewall for the purpose of testing is off.

TheGuy
09-23-2017, 02:52 PM
Ok what I found so far:

1) Sometimes it does not recognize any usb via both usb inputs until you power off tv from wall to discharge.
(ex: plug in usb and watch something, then with usb plugged in if I switch off the tv and on again, the tv will never recognize again any usb from the two usb ports until I remove the power from the wall)

It looks like it has this kind of behavior with any kind of problem that may occur, another real example is if I listen to music through TV and have in the same folder .mp3 and some .flac when it comes to the moment that the tv will try to play a .flac, that is an unsupported format, it will display a message that this file is not supported then it will bypass it but the problem is that until I unplug from the wall, it will display for every .mp3 that is also unsupported.

As I understand, the problem with the two USB ports that they become unavailable happens when inside the usb is any kind of unsupported file. If I plug in my everyday external disk and would like to watch a movie and on some folder has something unsupported then the disk at some point will hang and after that, every other usb drive even a formatted one will not be available.

2) TV froze once and had to power off tv from the wall.
3) Natural Motion does not work via PC
4) Natural Motion on some video files stutters on exact same frames
5) UI is laggy and some times becomes very slow if you connect a usb ex: you swich channel on tv. ( Maybe it has something to do with the problem No1 )
6) Connecting to the Philips server... Philips server not found. Try gain later. ( Have the TV for two weeks give or take and I was never been able to connect to your servers. )
7) Couple of times I saw for just a second a green artifact while watching movies.
Yesterday suddenly the TV started to skip frames and the movie became like the attached images (https://imgur.com/a/H6BJq). Had to switch to TV and then to USB in order for me to fix it. Pause/Play didn't get the job done. ( Something to do with the TV player? Don't believe again it is hardware related )

Model: 55PUS6162/12
Purchase date: 11/09/2017

What I would like to know is, if you know those problems and is something you can address via a firmware update or if I bought a defective product and should RMA it.
(If you ask me, those problems can be fixed through software, I don't think they are hardware related)

Kind regards.

Draspi
09-26-2017, 02:41 PM
Hi I am also facing problem with my pus6262/12. I'm not able to stream or cast movies from android phone using third party app like Tubio-Cast (I have try others too) . TV is recognized by the app, conected, but when it comes to play only black screen is showing with spinner and tv seams to stop responding to remote. Is this a software isue? Or...
Also the web browser could be litle better or updatet, my wife have isue with polish site named ipla.tv (browser can't play movies from this site) the fact that she is unable to watch these series makes her so upset ;)
And last I hope SS-iptv smart ap is still in developmetnig stage? Because on my other tv (other producer) it works quite well.

Best regards.

TheGuy
09-28-2017, 04:40 PM
Updated my previous post to keep it concentrated.
See No7 for updates

Best regards.

Caroline Philips
10-06-2017, 12:40 PM
Hi I am also facing problem with my pus6262/12. I'm not able to stream or cast movies from android phone using third party app like Tubio-Cast (I have try others too) . TV is recognized by the app, conected, but when it comes to play only black screen is showing with spinner and tv seams to stop responding to remote. Is this a software isue? Or...
Also the web browser could be litle better or updatet, my wife have isue with polish site named ipla.tv (browser can't play movies from this site) the fact that she is unable to watch these series makes her so upset ;)
And last I hope SS-iptv smart ap is still in developmetnig stage? Because on my other tv (other producer) it works quite well.

Best regards.

Hi,

Unfortunately we cannot guarantee that casting 3rd parties apps will work correctly.
Philips TVs do not support Flash plugin. If the website uses flash, tv will not display it correctly. Only HTML5 websites will work correctly.

Caroline Philips
10-06-2017, 12:48 PM
Ok what I found so far:

1) Sometimes it does not recognize any usb via both usb inputs until you power off tv from wall to discharge.
(ex: plug in usb and watch something, then with usb plugged in if I switch off the tv and on again, the tv will never recognize again any usb from the two usb ports until I remove the power from the wall)

It looks like it has this kind of behavior with any kind of problem that may occur, another real example is if I listen to music through TV and have in the same folder .mp3 and some .flac when it comes to the moment that the tv will try to play a .flac, that is an unsupported format, it will display a message that this file is not supported then it will bypass it but the problem is that until I unplug from the wall, it will display for every .mp3 that is also unsupported.

As I understand, the problem with the two USB ports that they become unavailable happens when inside the usb is any kind of unsupported file. If I plug in my everyday external disk and would like to watch a movie and on some folder has something unsupported then the disk at some point will hang and after that, every other usb drive even a formatted one will not be available.

5) UI is laggy and some times becomes very slow if you connect a usb ex: you swich channel on tv. ( Maybe it has something to do with the problem No1 )
6) Connecting to the Philips server... Philips server not found. Try gain later. ( Have the TV for two weeks give or take and I was never been able to connect to your servers. )
7) Couple of times I saw for just a second a green artifact while watching movies.
Yesterday suddenly the TV started to skip frames and the movie became like the attached images (https://imgur.com/a/H6BJq). Had to switch to TV and then to USB in order for me to fix it. Pause/Play didn't get the job done. ( Something to do with the TV player? Don't believe again it is hardware related )

What I would like to know is, if you know those problems and is something you can address via a firmware update or if I bought a defective product and should RMA it.
(If you ask me, those problems can be fixed through software, I don't think they are hardware related)

Kind regards.

Hello,

Unfortunately we were unable to reproduce the USB playback issue that you are experiencing. We have tried the same kind of files but they play OK and TV skipps files not supported by the TV.

When it comes to connecting to server issue, this should be reported to your local Customer Services who will escalate this for you.

Caroline Philips
10-06-2017, 12:48 PM
Ok what I found so far:

Kind regards.

Hello,

Unfortunately we were unable to reproduce the USB playback issue that you are experiencing. We have tried the same kind of files but they play OK and TV skipps files not supported by the TV.

When it comes to connecting to server issue, this should be reported to your local Customer Services who will escalate this for you.

Solutor
10-11-2017, 10:13 PM
Hi,
I have just bought TV 6162, and I cant make it work in connection with PC in RGB 4:4:4. ? I am using HDMI 3 port, and the TV is set to 4:4:4/4:2:2. What can be the problem?

JamesBond
10-24-2017, 01:16 PM
Hi,
I have just bought the 43PUS6162/12 a few days ago and I am having the same issues as "TheGuy".

The biggest problem is, sometimes it does not recognize external usb hard drive. It is very annoying and have read other similar problems in user reviews in Hungarian language.
I am sure there are lot of people experiencing this problem.

The second biggest problem is, sometimes when I play a video file from an external hard drive, and I stop it, it goes back to the folder. Now when I want to play the video again, it says unsupported file format. For the same file that was played perfectly a few minutes before!!!

Please look into these problems. I am sure you could solve it with a software update!

Thank you!

juliancallan
10-25-2017, 11:21 PM
Having very bad input lag on all 3 HDMI ports for the 43" 6162 on this firmware. Gaming is totally unplayable on every mode except "Game" but even on that, there is very noticeable input lag.
Could you please advise?

juliancallan
10-25-2017, 11:23 PM
Having very bad input lag on all 3 HDMI ports for the 6162 on this firmware. Gaming is totally unplayable on every mode except "Game" but even on that, there is very noticeable input lag.
Could you please advise?

Caroline Philips
11-02-2017, 01:48 PM
Hello,

New software is available now so I'm closing this thread.