PDA

View Full Version : Your experiences with FW v0.14.95.0 for 8000, 9000 and 21:9 series (2011 models)

Philips - Thomas
02-01-2012, 12:24 PM
This thread is created to inform you about some changes with v14.95 software. Please read this post carefully before you upgrade.

NOTES:
- All hidden channels will remain hidden after the TV has been upgraded to software version 14.95!
- Alternatively if you want to have your hidden channels to appear again, you will need to search for the channels again (full channel search) in order to restore the missing channels.
- Please use, after the upgrade, the [Favorite list] feature to manage your channel list.

Regards,
Thomas

[Note: This thread can be used as Experience Thread]

Solved issues for v14.95:
- Added an option to disable the deletion of channels in background install. (Only applicable to K-models)
- Teletext is not working on some ZIGGO channels: txt is intermittent available and OSD 'no txt' keeps flashing. (Only applicable to country, Netherlands)
- Movie stops by itself when you watch a rented movie from an online video store (e.g. Videociety).
- Ambilight flashes intermittently.

Important: Please perform a COLD REBOOT after updating the firmware (plug out the power cord for 2-3 minutes)!

Affected models:

32PFL9606H/12
32PFL9606K/02
37PFL9606H/12
37PFL9606K/02
40PFL8606H/12
40PFL8606H/60
40PFL8606K/02
40PFL8606T/12
46PFL8606H/12
46PFL8606H/60
46PFL8606K/02
46PFL8606T/12
46PFL8686K/02
50PFL7956K/02
50PFL7956T/12
46PFL9706H/12
46PFL9706K/02
46PFL9706T/12
52PFL9606H/12
52PFL9606K/02
52PFL9606T/12
58PFL9956T/12
40PFL9606K/02
32PFL9606M/08
40PFL8606M/08
46PFL8606M/08
37PFL9606M/08
52PFL9606M/08
46PFL9706M/08
46PFL8686H/12
58PFL9956H/12
50PFL7956H/12

Toengel
02-01-2012, 01:02 PM
Hi,

for users which didn't use the favorite list in the past:

To have a right correspondence between the IP-EPG order and the favorite list you need to move your favorite channels also to the same order (and position) in the overall channel list - this means the IP-EPG always displays the order of the overall channel list - despite if you have chosen the favorite list.

At least, this is what I remember ;-)

But correct me, if I'm wrong.

Toengel@Alex

bluevoice
02-01-2012, 01:09 PM
@Philips - Thomas: can you tell us what bugs / issues will be addressed with the 14.95 firmware. Can you publish a change log to inform us what can we expect from this software? Thank you in advance.

bluevoice
02-01-2012, 01:25 PM
Hi

more Information's will be published as soon as the Software is out.

Regards
Thomas

@Philips - Thomas: why this secrecy? Given the fact that there are more than 11 pages full of issues on the 14.93 firmware thread don't you think Philips owes us just a little explanation about the things going on? If Philips really wants to stay in touch with its cutomers why doesn't it do so? Why so little info / feedback in this forum at all?

Can you at least tell us when you expect the new firmware to be released?

matthias
02-01-2012, 01:28 PM
To have a right correspondence between the IP-EPG order and the favorite list you need to move your favorite channels also to the same order (and position) in the overall channel list - this means the IP-EPG always displays the order of the overall channel list - despite if you have chosen the favorite list.

That's right - for me, the IP-EPG shows all channels, which are not hidden. The "Favourite" list has no influence on the IP-EPG.

So when Philips removes the Hide/Unhide button, and IP-EPG still shows the full list, this effectively requires the user to move all "Favourite" channels to the beginning of the list, which is a lot more work than just saying "hide".
Also, a "Favourite" mark is not necessary any more.

This makes the idea of having a "Favourite" list instead of having to move each "favourite" channels around pretty useless, or am I missing something?

Toengel
02-01-2012, 01:36 PM
Hi,

indeed - now you can say that the favorite list in not necessary/useful anymore since it does not influence the IP-EPG at all...

Toengel@Alex

matthias
02-01-2012, 01:54 PM
indeed - now you can say that the favorite list in not necessary/useful anymore since it does not influence the IP-EPG at all...

Or to say it the other way round:
For me, hide/unhide was useful, but it will disappear, so I'm losing this feature.
And the Favourite list I've never actually used because IP-EPG ignores it.

Seriously, I'm getting more and more curious what is going on behind the scenes at Philips and what actually is the reason of how priorities concerning bugs and features are assigned. Anyone able/allowed to share any insights? ;-)

21_9_78
02-01-2012, 02:10 PM
hi everyone

wow! this might mean we soon wil see another firmware release. I wish the new solutions included :) maybe stupid to promise improvements that come after all. aslong it comes soon and solves the
big issues.

Espen000
02-01-2012, 02:50 PM
I would become SO happy if the local dimming issue would be fixed :cool:

Crossing my fingers! ;)

21_9_78
02-01-2012, 02:55 PM
I can`t agree more with Espen000 if the local dimming is finnaly solved I am super happy. so far
I havent invited home cinema friends over because they are plasma tv users and they will just laugh.
so hoping philips very soon will prove my friends wrong :)

so also crossing my fingers !!!!

ps2aich
02-01-2012, 07:45 PM

With 14.95 we will delete the "Hide" and "Unhide" Option in the Channel List.
Means:
You will not be able to Hide Channels in the List anymore.
To have a personal Sorting please use the Favorite Option.
This also means that all Channels, which are hidden after the Update will remain hidden.
Only way to get a Full Channel List again ist to run a full Channel Search!

Dear Philips,

why do you do this? I need the hide function, because I have over 100 encrypted channels I don`t want to have in my channel list nor in the epg?
Why should I use a favorite list, when the IP-EPG ignores the favorite list?

I don`t understand this. Has any user requested to remove the feature?

The software is buggy enough, why do you not fix the bugs instead of removing features?

WHY!!!!!

DerShortyy
02-01-2012, 08:16 PM
Dear Philips,

why do you do this? I need the hide function, because I have over 100 encrypted channels I don`t want to have in my channel list nor in the epg?
Why should I use a favorite list, when the IP-EPG ignores the favorite list?

I don`t understand this. Has any user requested to remove the feature?

The software is buggy enough, why do you not fix the bugs instead of removing features?

WHY!!!!!

I fully agree wich your opinion. There are a lot oft other bugs which need to be fixed. what is the background of changing this feature?

Philips
02-01-2012, 08:55 PM
I fully agree wich your opinion. There are a lot oft other bugs which need to be fixed. what is the background of changing this feature?

Sorry to be unclear about the background: This is a legal issue.

Regards,
JuAn

bluevoice
02-01-2012, 09:02 PM
@JuAn: can you at least give us an ETA for the new firmware and also tell us what other issues does this firmware addresses, besides removing the "Hide channel" and "Unhide all" options.

02-Feb: Reply JuAn: SW is released.:)

Toengel
02-01-2012, 09:02 PM
Hi,

well - this is a satisfying reason... better to remove the feature than not being allowed to sell TVs ;-)

Does this also apply to older series? Will you provide also an update which removes this feature on e.g. 2010 TVs?

Toengel@Alex

DerShortyy
02-01-2012, 09:08 PM
Background: This is a legal issue.

Regards,
JuAn

thanks for your reply Juan. This is of course a understandable background

banjeep
02-01-2012, 11:16 PM
Sorry to be unclear about the background: This is a legal issue.

Regards,
JuAn
philips if it takes us to what a surprise? add the channel info bar?

p4u
02-02-2012, 07:56 AM
I'm sorry to disagree here but as far as I know software patents are still (and will stay) illegal in Europe.

Isn't it a better solution to create a crippled firmware for these poor souls living in countries where software patents are legal but leave us happy Europeans with the helpful feature of hidding all these "." channels?! At least provide a sufficient alternative or I'm sure that someone might just publish a tool to fix crippled future firmware versions Philips provide ...

matthias
02-02-2012, 08:24 AM
That's understandable, but I think a different way how Favourites are handled would be helpful. For example, add a function to add and remove a range of channel numbers.

And: Selecting the Favourites list should have effect on other functions as well, such as the Channel list provided for IP-EPG and Jointspace.

battleangel
02-02-2012, 11:17 AM
I've been lurking these forums for some time now, in preparation for possibly buying an 8606 TV. I have to say though, the more I read the less eager I am to try a Philips TV.

I'm also one of those people who only use four or five channels (because they're free) and don't want to see the rest in the channel list or the DVB-EPG / IP-EPG.

Will we ever see the famed new Net TV platform? Or has LG dropped out of the collaboration now that they've opted for GoogleTV in the long run?

abekain
02-02-2012, 11:29 AM
it's curious how quickly you resolve these legal requirements.
it would have been nice if you would have had the same urgency listening and solving the important issues reported by many users.
Anyway, i give you the benefit of the doubt and we hope this firmware solved at least the most critical issues and not generate more complaints removing current features.

Regards.

matthias
02-02-2012, 11:34 AM
I've been lurking these forums for some time now, in preparation for possibly buying an 8606 TV. I have to say though, the more I read the less eager I am to try a Philips TV.

Just a comment from my side on this: There are a lot of emotions coming up here, so things might seem worse than they actually are. Some of the bug reports of the type "my TV always reboots when I do this and that" - a lot of them I don't experience personally.

So, my suggestion would be: try it out in a shop extensively, or buy it online and just return it (in Germany, you can do this within two weeks) if your personally experience firmware restrictions and they outweigh Ambilight and picture quality.

Concerning the channel list, there's a workaround: It's a little tedious to sort each "favourite" channel to the beginning, but you can enter the destination using number keys, so even with 50 channels, this can be done in one hour. And it's sufficient to do it once.

Adamo
02-02-2012, 01:57 PM
Hi,

here the firmware info for 7606 models:

Regards,
Adamo

02-Feb: Reply from Philips - JuAn: Sorry Adamo, text removed, as this is a 8000 - 9000 models thread not for 7000. The release notes for the 8000 and 9000 models are added in the firts post of this thread.

21_9_78
02-02-2012, 05:06 PM
woho new firmware is here excited :) for the 58pfl9956

21_9_78
02-02-2012, 05:37 PM
sorry to say local dimming is not fixed in this firmware on the 58pfl9956 :( maybe 14.096, talked to a technician 5min ago and he said philips is working on fixing this problem :) so hopefully soon :)

Toengel
02-02-2012, 06:25 PM
Hi,

new version, new bug:

http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/1166/p1070198l.jpg

Source: Comment in my blog
Toengel@Alex

DerShortyy
02-02-2012, 06:32 PM
Hi,

new version, new bug:

http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/1166/p1070198l.jpg

Source: Comment in my blog
Toengel@Alex

new bugs, old bugs still there, so i will not update...

Cinema 21:9
02-02-2012, 06:51 PM
The known problems are still there.
The image is pumping light / dark, the picture flash sporadically, Perfect Natural Motion is on standby for, although off the menu!
Very sad!: (

bluevoice
02-03-2012, 08:17 AM
I installed the 14.95 firmware version yesterday on my 21:9 Cinema Gold TV. No improvements yet. Maybe we should make a bug list for Philips, so here it comes:

1) Perfect Natural Motion (PNM) always on
2) Resets / reboots when using a CI+ module from UPC in the Netherlands
3) Resets / reboots when a "channel update is available" is displayed
4) Easylink problem: reboots when HTS starts, HTS is never properly added to the TV menu, seing multiple multi-view options instead of the HTS menu entries
5) Text on multi-view page displays wrong information - applies for Cinema Gold tv (is known by Philips in a previous thread)
6) Local dimming problem (I don't have this problem, but I'd like to make the list as complete as possible)
7) Duplicate entries in Channel option screen (the "Sortieren" bug)

Let me know if you miss anything and I'll add it to the list.

bluevoice
02-03-2012, 09:22 AM
Users with HTS do you also see wrong entries in the TV menu, like on this screenshot?

http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/2934/screenshotwwv.jpg

There's no way to change it, I tried a factory reset, but it did not help. :(

If I disconnect the HDMI cable of the HTS the TV menu goes back to normal, if I plug the HDMI cable back in, I see the multiple "multi view" options. This is related to the Easylink bug named at #4.

P.S. does anyone know how I can delete previous attachments form my attachment folder? I see I reached the max of 2 MB and I can't upload anything on the forum anymore.

Fitness-Boy
02-03-2012, 10:13 AM
Dear Philips’ developers!

I bought a new 46PFL9706K TV for 2300 € last week. And what can I say after testing one of philips' best TV-products yet?

The picture is amazing! The sound (for this very flat TV) is very good! Ambilight is one of the best innovations philips ever made!

!!!!!BUT!!!!! the software is rediculous! It's a piece of sh*t - not more! NetTV has so much bugs and is so slow - I'll not even think about to use it. The USB connection is just crap -> here an example:

I tried to watch some movies from my USB Harddrive, but it’s not possible!? With a f***ing 2300 € TV!?
More than the half of my movies can't be read because of a missing DTS audio codec. Missing codec which is so common - in a 2300€ TV? You have this codec in your 100€ BluRay Players. Why it is not possible to put this codec in this hyper-expensive TV?

Ok. No codec - I'll try to watch an other movie - with an AC3 codec:

1. movie works fine, the quality is good - I was really happy

2. After 40min I had to make a 2min break and pressed the "Pause ||" button

3. But after I pressed the Play Button the movie started from the beginning again ;-(

4. Than I tried to fast-forward the movie, but after 3min I had a frozen picture on the screen and couldn't do anything!!!

So tell me: why should your customers pay more than 2000 Euros for a TV which they cannot use because of the worst software on earth?

I’m glad that Germany has a "you can give a product back within 14 days" law. Cause I will use it and get my 2300 Euros back. And then I'll buy a 46D8090 Samsung TV (1600 €) which has (maybe) a less good hardware - but it'll be possible to use it!

Oh, and I hope that TPV has better SW-developers and will fix your messed up-software after buying Philips’ TV business branch in march ’12.

matthias
02-03-2012, 10:58 AM
Understandable - maybe Philips should bundle every TV over 2000 with a free BDP/HMP.
Ask your dealer, maybe he gives you one for keeping the TV and let us know the outcome ;)

If you take the Samsung instead, please let us know what you think of it in direct comparison.
I think there are not soo many users who did a 1:1 comparison and tests regarding "under-the-hood" features and bugs.

(And, if we're lucky, some developer at TPV leaks toolchain/keys/sources/... to finally allow us to give our favourite TVs the software it deserves - or at least give shell access like AVM with Fritzbox ;) )

Contour66
02-03-2012, 12:14 PM
[U]...The picture is amazing! The sound (for this very flat TV) is very good! Ambilight is one of the best innovations philips ever made!

!!!!!BUT!!!!! the software is rediculous! and get my 2300 Euros back.....

And then I'll buy a 46D8090 Samsung TV (1600 €) which has (maybe) a less good hardware - but it'll be possible to use it!.....

Okay, so then you will buy a TV with (maybe) good software, but worse picture and sound quality and without Ambilight! That would not be my choice.... Software can be improved during the lifespan, hardware not!

ali54
02-03-2012, 01:02 PM
softwear on philips tvs will never improve becuse they fix one thing and break some thing alse look at 9705 the only thing it had going for it was the pictuer quailty now thats missed up how can philips change the pictuer quilty of such high tv for worse i dont no.this is my last time im buying any thing made by philips

meme80
02-03-2012, 01:06 PM
Okay, so then you will buy a TV with (maybe) good software, but worse picture and sound quality and without Ambilight! That would not be my choice.... Software can be improved during the lifespan, hardware not!

I buy a TV that is made of HW and SW now.
I want to use it now, I do not know what to do witha promise: buy and we will fix...

The money are good, so the sf must be good as well.

I'm a sw developer and I know that a early release of sw without bugs dosn't exist but in this case we have a lot of bugs with a small portion of sw!

Fitness-Boy
02-03-2012, 03:29 PM
I buy a TV that is made of HW and SW now.
I want to use it now, I do not know what to do witha promise: buy and we will fix...

The money are good, so the sf must be good as well.

I'm a sw developer and I know that a early release of sw without bugs dosn't exist but in this case we have a lot of bugs with a small portion of sw!

Yes, that's the thing. I don't need a TV with super good HW and a "we'll fix the SW"-promise, "so you will be able to use your HW, one day"!

Software can be improved during the lifespan

Are you serious? Look at the SW-Updates of the last 2 years and tell me: Do you really think they'll ever fix this piece of ***(SW)?

ivo0123
02-03-2012, 04:14 PM
Some good news, PROBLEM FIXED :)

Maybe it helps some of you but I had a few issues with my 40PFL8606H/12 TV. When using usb connected devices (external hard disks) or when I streamed data via LAN or WLAN (NAS, laptop, internet, online video services) the TV frequently spontaneously rebooted itself. Last week a mechanic came by and preventively replaced the motherboard but this did not solve the problem.
Strangely enough after it turned out this did not help I got the comment that probably 1 of my external devices was causing these disturbances. I proofed this was not the case and again a mechanic came by yesterday, also he stated he did not have the impression the problem was caused by the TV, nevertheless he installed the new (not yet released in NL) firmware v0.14.95.0 .. and guess what, my TV does not spontaneously reboot anymore!

On this forum I read more about spontaneous reboots and other issues, the only thing I do not understand why the helpdesk does not confirm they are aware of such problems and that PHILIPS are working on fixing these in a future firmware release .. I would feel much more relieved knowing I'm not the only one .. and next to this there would not have been a need to send over a mechanic twice and no need to replace my motherboard.

I really like the TV but I hope that future firmware releases are tested more thoroughly before they are being released.

centpede
02-03-2012, 07:12 PM
I tried to watch some movies from my USB Harddrive, but it’s not possible!? With a f***ing 2300 € TV!?
More than the half of my movies can't be read because of a missing DTS audio codec. Missing codec which is so common - in a 2300€ TV? You have this codec in your 100€ BluRay Players. Why it is not possible to put this codec in this hyper-expensive TV?

I for myself don't know any TV which supports DTS through USB. Even the 3.500 € Technisat TV from my father-in-law does not support this feature. Don't ask my why, it's the fact. Guess why tools like "mkv2ac3" are so popular?

2. After 40min I had to make a 2min break and pressed the "Pause ||" button

3. But after I pressed the Play Button the movie started from the beginning again ;-(

4. Than I tried to fast-forward the movie, but after 3min I had a frozen picture on the screen and couldn't do anything!!!

So tell me: why should your customers pay more than 2000 Euros for a TV which they cannot use because of the worst software on earth?

Most of the media features of all LC TVs I know are a bad compromise only. Due to this situaton, I decided to buy a powerful mediaplayer (IconBit XDS1003D) for my 55PFL7606 TV. This mediaplayer uses the new Realtek 1186 chipset, supports all known formats and codecs, even BluRay ISO container with HD 3D framepacking content. Now let us do a short calculation: 1600 Euro for the 55PFL7606 TV, 200 Euro for the IconBit MP and 130 Euro for a 2 Terrabyte HDD, makes a total of 1930 Euro for a combination, you would be happy with.

Vic Vega
02-03-2012, 07:53 PM
the software is rediculous! It's a piece of sh*t - not more! NetTV has so much bugs and is so slow - I'll not even think about to use it.

This.

I'm also frustrated. In fact, Philips software are useless crap. Philips need to hire professional software developers and fire all ignorant students they currently have. :mad:

mk81
02-04-2012, 06:43 AM
- Obviously unpossible to fix an issue within 3 ! months ! which is that serious like this :

Still a

- "Control /Hbb-TV - Issue":

The RC control led on the TV is blinking, but the TV reacts only to the Volume and On/Off-Buttons
- without on-screen information;
( TV Connections: HDMI Philips bdp7600, MCD909 as external amplifier and DVD-Player via HDMI and Head-Phone-Out/Aux in, Ci+ Unitymedia TV-card and module/ Same situation with an other RC: Prestigo)

After restarting the TV everything works fine again for minutes up to hours -

but this happens several times a day!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIgyzK2oMSc&feature=youtu.be

So I still have to restart the TV several times a day -

Problem is present with my third 9956 and I didn't have this problem with three 9955 before in combination with the same ext. devices (all from Philips: see above)
!!!

When I (only) deactivate "HbbTV" the problem doesn't appear!!!

- Using a Ci-Module the "encrypted channel" -problem is also still unchanged !!!

- Flashing Ambilight in certain areas from time to time in wrong colours !

Please fix these issues -
it becomes to be an impertinence,
since (I have to complain about the "control-issue" since october : Hotline and here / even with videos)
concerning these issues we are not talking about maybe debatable complains about "pictuce quality opinions"

!!!

limpitakis
02-04-2012, 09:31 AM
A quick remark for the new help file released to update the internal help option of tv(s)
Well tried to install the .upg file from the support philips page then put the unpacked file to a usb stick as usual and pluged it onboard the tv. The tv refuses to see the file and returns a message that the usb stick is empty.
Tried it several times but every time have had the same result.
Did anybody try to update the internal help file to inform us with his or her experience on the subject?
Thank you
Nick

PS My tv is the 58PFL9956H with the new .95 firmware installed

Toengel
02-04-2012, 10:15 AM
Hi,

the help file is installed differently: http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/4/46pfl7605h_12/46pfl7605h_12_min_eng.pdf

(the instructions are from a 2010 TV, but it's the same procedure)

Toengel@Alex

kookaburra
02-04-2012, 04:00 PM
I bought the new x104 xpand universal glasses, and I can not sync with my tv 58pfl9956 (model 2011). I tested with a 9955 TV (model 2010) from a friend and synchronized without any problems. Any user of the 2011 models have these glasses have had this problem?. I have read in other forums that people with Philips model 2011 is having this same problem.

Best Regards

limpitakis
02-04-2012, 05:26 PM
Hi,

the help file is installed differently: http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/4/46pfl7605h_12/46pfl7605h_12_min_eng.pdf

(the instructions are from a 2010 TV, but it's the same procedure)

Toengel@Alex
Thank you, it turned out that I had the file installed. A technician put the 0.93 before it was released online and another file which now I assume it was the help file.
Tried to downolad the help file for the 58PFL9955H but it seems it is corrupted. I am refering to the help file from the greek support page.
Nick

limpitakis
02-04-2012, 05:30 PM
I bought the new x104 xpand universal glasses, and I can not sync with my tv 58pfl9956 (model 2011). I tested with a 9955 TV (model 2010) from a friend and synchronized without any problems. Any user of the 2011 models have these glasses have had this problem?. I have read in other forums that people with Philips model 2011 is having this same problem.

Best Regards

Do not be alarned I am experiencing tha same problem. I have both the 58PFL9955H and 58PFL9956H and the Xpand X104 glasses.
So I have contacted the Xpand support and I am quoting their reply
Nick

Thank you for choosing our product with regards to your question this might have something to do with the firmware compatibility of the glasses and the TV since 2010 model Philips Cinema Platinum 58PFL9955H works with X104. The firmware upgrade might be one of the factor to resolve the issue with the compatibility and synchronization of both the glasses and the Philips Cinema 2011 Model 9956H and with regards to the release of the XPAND X104 Software Download for iphone and android we expect it to be live mid February of this year. Should you need further assistance don’t hesitate to give as a call at 1-888-906-1190 or email us again.

kookaburra
02-05-2012, 11:18 AM
Thank you very much for your help limpitakis. This means that Xpand launched an update to make compatible the nuestra9956 x104 or refer to a firmware update of the TV 9956.

Best regards.

google translator

limpitakis
02-05-2012, 11:48 AM
Thank you very much for your help limpitakis. This means that Xpand launched an update to make compatible the nuestra9956 x104 or refer to a firmware update of the TV 9956.

Best regards.

google translator

Your welcome,
My horses on the latter which is that Xpand will launch un update to make X104 glasses compatible with the new platinum 9956. However it is unclear whether this update will be a part or not of the new aclaimed software we all have been waitiig for.
So I do not think that philips has anything to do with this compatability issue. It is up to expand only to modify/add additional drivers to its product to meet new 2011 requirements such as the new 2011 philips tv family.
Nick

Fitness-Boy
02-05-2012, 01:32 PM
I for myself don't know any TV which supports DTS through USB. Even the 3.500 Technisat TV from my father-in-law does not support this feature. Don't ask my why, it's the fact. Guess why tools like "mkv2ac3" are so popular

Look at Samsung TV's. Almost all of them supports DTS through USB. And their SmartTV browser supports flash contents - which seems to be also a big problem for Philips. That makes me sad :( and angry :mad:

kookaburra
02-05-2012, 02:15 PM
Your welcome,
My horses on the latter which is that Xpand will launch un update to make X104 glasses compatible with the new platinum 9956. However it is unclear whether this update will be a part or not of the new aclaimed software we all have been waitiig for.
So I do not think that philips has anything to do with this compatability issue. It is up to expand only to modify/add additional drivers to its product to meet new 2011 requirements such as the new 2011 philips tv family.
Nick

Thank you very much for the clarification. Not to do with the glasses, or return to stay with them until you exit the update.

Best Regards

Google translator.

centpede
02-05-2012, 06:25 PM
Look at Samsung TV's. Almost all of them supports DTS through USB. And their SmartTV browser supports flash contents - which seems to be also a big problem for Philips. That makes me sad :( and angry :mad:

In the datasheet of my Philips TV (http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/5/55pfl7606k_02/55pfl7606k_02_pss_deu.pdf) DTS is not listed in the supported audio formats and I'm sure, an identical information can be found in the datasheet of your TV. So I ask you, why did you inform yourself not better on beforehand? I spent near to 2 months to check technical data and compare datasheets. My priority is Passive 3D technology, which is not available for Samsung TVs, so I decided me for a Philips environment and I don't rue my decision. I guess you did the wrong decision because you have yourself not informed enough on beforhand. But this is not the fault of Philips, but yours. In addition, I have a small Samsung TV (UE22D5000) in my work room and this TV even does not play all mkv formats. I've tested this for fun a few weeks ago, but this doesn't bother me, because this is not the priority I've bought the TV for.

meme80
02-05-2012, 07:55 PM
IU don't believe here the point is: Philips has never said/wrote that TV support DTS.
The point here is:

1) if you support mkv
2) and you are a high level or medium level TV
3) Then it is strange that DTS is not supported!

My small Samsung TV for UE26C4000PW does support DTS on MKV and, moreover, it does support more mkvs then the Philips.

centpede
02-05-2012, 09:38 PM
IU don't believe here the point is: Philips has never said/wrote that TV support DTS.
The point here is:

The point is: WHEN this feature is so important for you, why the hack do you spent not only a short look into the datasheet of the product before buying it? What would you say, if I buy a Samsung TV and then complain afterwards, why passive 3D is not possible even though Philips does on the same price/product level? Furthermore, the media capabilities of all LC TVs are not sufficient from my point of view. I strongly recommend to buy a Mediaplayer in addition based on the 1186 Realtek chipset which is able to stream any content from ISO containers as well (including real3D) and supports really *all* mkv formats (e. g. IconBit XDS1003D, eGreat r300 pro etc.).

BjornRuud
02-05-2012, 10:26 PM
I have a 46PFL9706T/12 and I'm still having the following problems:

- Sound output via optical out gets an occasional crackle. It's a a digital noise, similar to what a small error in a MP3 file sounds like. It happens rarely, about once or twice an hour. I have 3 HDMI inputs in use, and they all transfer stereo PCM audio. All inputs are affected.

- Local dimming behaviour is strange sometimes. I watched an episode of Mythbusters in HD, and in one of the intro scenes there was a good mix of bright and dark areas on the screen. The dimming algorithm then decided to dim horizontal bands on the top and bottom. The bands crossed the whole screen, there was nothing "local" about it.

- Local dimming sometimes creates blue/purple tint in bright areas when they move quickly over the screen. The easies way to test it is with a Xbox 360 and opening the Xbox guide menu by pressing the Xbox button in the center of the controller. Watch the animation as the menu rapidly expands and you will observe that the white color of the menu has a blue tint during the animation. In the game Fallout 3 this is sometimes very visible. This is not visible with local dimming turned off.

I also have some feature requests:

- The menu system is bad. The structure makes it slow to navigate, but it's made even slower by the slow and ugly animations. If you can't make the animations feel like they enhance the user experience, just remove them. When calibrating, access to settings need to be quick and easy.

- The smart picture settings are currently global for all inputs. I would like to have them local for each input. For instance, I often have 2, sometimes 3, calibrated settings for one input. Let's say I calibrate both ISF settings for one input. Then I can't use those for a different input which needs to be calibrated differently. It would be great to be able to use the ISF settings for all inputs, with different settings for each.

Finally, I think I may have a hardware issue. The leftmost side of the screen has a column of about 1 cm width that is slightly brighter than the rest of screen, almost as if there is pressure along that side of the panel. Is this a known issue?

Jantrummel
02-06-2012, 09:48 AM
Hallo,
as Joerg78 and mk81 , my TV had the same problem:

As mk81 already stated in the posting above, the CI+-bug still exists. I'm using a CI+-module from "Kabel Deutschland"; the CI+-Module is from SMiT, model 1660, Software-version 3.3.3.2, L12. According to the CI-menu I'm using a Smartcard version 3, CA-Version 3.159.201.28. Sometimes (but not every time) switching to an encrypted channel results in the message "encrypted channel" - switching back and forth (or just selecting the same channel again) fixes that problem temporarily (for that channel!).
Please look into that bug, it's very annoying.

Please help us...!!!!!

bluevoice
02-06-2012, 09:49 AM
Hallo,
as Joerg78 and mk81 , my TV had the same problem:

As mk81 already stated in the posting above, the CI+-bug still exists. I'm using a CI+-module from "Kabel Deutschland"; the CI+-Module is from SMiT, model 1660, Software-version 3.3.3.2, L12. According to the CI-menu I'm using a Smartcard version 3, CA-Version 3.159.201.28. Sometimes (but not every time) switching to an encrypted channel results in the message "encrypted channel" - switching back and forth (or just selecting the same channel again) fixes that problem temporarily (for that channel!).
Please look into that bug, it's very annoying.

Please help us...!!!!!

I also see this behaviour on my Philips Cinema Gold TV (50PFL7956H/12) and CI module from UPC, Netherlands.

german_gyu
02-06-2012, 04:50 PM
Also in FW 95, sometimes videotext is not working. Switch to another channel and then back to the first one fix the problem. Additionally it is bad that the videotext does not remember the last page. If i want have a short look the the TV-picture (it is not possible to have the TV-screen as small picture inside the VT) then the page is gone and you must select the page again.

Toengel
02-06-2012, 04:52 PM
Hi,

as far as I know you can make the videotext transparent. Just press the option button during you are in videotext mode.

Toengel@Alex

HD-MAN
02-06-2012, 08:55 PM
Installed 1.4.95 on my Cinema Gold and I cannot help myself, but after power switch for 2 Minutes, I find the picture "color" fidelity is somewhat different to what I saw before on 1.4.93. Either color decoder has shifted a bit or the picture is a tad darker. Wish I had measured my unit through to check and compare now.....Yellow colors look a tad more orange and blue a bid more pronounced in deep saturated blue colors. Also the picture looks to have less punch.....as the up-date was done still fresh, will reboot once more or twice and watch some more film. Maybe I got twisted eyes...hopefully :)

HD-MAN
02-06-2012, 09:08 PM
Think I found it, had by accident Clear LCD "on" in 1.4.95 vs. 1.4.93 and that appears to alter the picture "a tiny bit" in brightness....so pls ignore my post above, thought I posted it too early anyway :cool:

Basel
02-06-2012, 10:59 PM
1) Perfect Natural Motion (PNM) always on

I confirm, this is so annoying!

After I turn PNM OFF in the picture menu, I switch the tv off and on again, PNM is back ON although the menu still says its OFF.

Please fix this!

I have a 52PFL9606K

vdjong
02-08-2012, 10:17 AM
Yesterday i found a new issue on my 46PFL9706/H12. Latest 14.95.0 firmware.

I noticed that the audio synchronisation was completely of.

I had noticed this problem before, but it was never this bad. There was like a 2 seconds delay on
audio. (The picture came before the voice) Switching to other channels did not fix this problem.

The strange thing is that i was listening to the build-in speakers of the TV. There was no external
audio device connected.

A cold reboot fixed the problem, but it seems like sometimes the TV has trouble to sync the audio to the picture.

banjeep
02-08-2012, 03:13 PM
I confirm, this is so annoying!

After I turn PNM OFF in the picture menu, I switch the tv off and on again, PNM is back ON although the menu still says its OFF.

Please fix this!

I have a 52PFL9606K
I also confirm this annoying problem
Philips,please fix this!and soon
I have 37-9606M

zlatko
02-08-2012, 06:59 PM
BUG noticed: after using Net TV portal I can not switch to the HDMI input that I use for watching my satellite receiver. When I select it via "Home"=>"My input"=>OK nothing happens. I do not get even message with the input's name on screen. Actually I can not switch to any of the inputs I have configured. What I notice that when pressing "Home" button the cursor resides on "Watch TV", when usually it is over the last selected input. I do not have any DVB-H/C or analogue channels installed on TV itself.
That happens half of the times when I use Net TV portal(I mainly use the web browser).

kookaburra
02-09-2012, 08:44 AM
Your welcome,
Nick

For Your Information. I copy literally.

I am so sorry that you have experienced problems with our glasses. I can ensure you that a firmware that we are releasing will take care of the problem. The initial date of the release is February 9th.I have already contacted appropriate people to confirm the date of release and I will update you ASAP.
I can also insure you that if after the firmware upgrade your glasses will experience further problems, WE will replace it (no matter what the return policy of the seller is).

Thanks and our apologies

21_9_78
02-10-2012, 12:32 AM
i know just about everyone has including me has talked about this, but local dimming is a big problem. i have now owened my philips 58pfl9956 since before around xmas. and still there is no firmware fix for this or any date of when they hope to fix this. i have registerd a service case with philips. had a technician they use. and he said is not anything wrong physicaly with my tv. he was aware of the problem and he said that he had spoken with philips technicians in holland. and they said they are aware of the problem. but again they couldent say to company they use in norway when the fix will come. its jsut very disapointing when one uses thousends of euros on a top of the line tv and it doesent do what is advertised it can when you turn it on. i have spoken with allot of people who have diffirent and they have not had this kind of problem from day 1 with their flatscreen tvs. makes me miss the days one bought a tv in the store and it was ready out of the box and even did all the brochure said it would. if someone from philips came out in these forums and just talked to us and said when the hope to have this fixed so people dont take good tvs back to the store. its to bad this should happen. but it seem like no one knows or the only people who know about this are the ones not saying a word. a think AW products should just work I dont want a TV that is like a windows xp computer that need updates all the time. anyway i hope someone inn philips is readding this and can atleast post a response. it think with so many customers putting the trust and hard earnes money in their products its the least philips can do. i hate having products that make me think i maybe shouldent have bought or they give the beta product feeling. thats my and i think many many other users thoughts too.

bluevoice
02-10-2012, 08:04 AM
@21_9_78: Can you check one thing, the 2011 tv's have a weird behaviour when Dynamic Backlight and Light Sensor are both on. Can you turn out the Light Sensor and test if the local dimming problem persists?

bluevoice
02-10-2012, 08:57 AM
To all: I have one more question, I still experience 3 to 4 resets every evening with this new firmware 14.95. Do you experience this too or is your SW Event Counter still on 0? I'm trying to get a grip on these, in which conditions do you experience resets?

You can check the number of resets by pressing 123654 on the remote. The CSM (consumer service menu) will be displayed, go to page 3 and check SW (software) event count and H (hardware) event count.

Thank you for your reply.

DerShortyy
02-10-2012, 09:05 AM
Hi,

in my opinion, local dimming problems and all the other issues with bad visual effects are caused by the source material itself. i.e. the TVs are built for HD content like from blu rays or HD channels. With standard digital quality they have their "problems" because the the source material is still too bad.

DerShortyy
02-10-2012, 09:08 AM
To all: I have one more question, I still experience 3 to 4 resets every evening with this new firmware 14.95. Do you experience this too or is your SW Event Counter still on 0? I'm trying to get a grip on these, in which conditions do you experience resets?

You can check the number of resets by pressing 123654 on the remote. The CSM (consumer service menu) will be displayed, go to page 3 and check SW (software) event count and H (hardware) event count.

Hi blue,
i can confirm. my event counter has still entries, i.e. occasional reboots, particulary while using network based functions like HBBTV, DLNA are still present. Nevertheless the reboots has become much less than before!
best regards

LaForge
02-10-2012, 09:11 AM
CI Problem, Dropouts

TV: 32PFL9606k/02
FW: v0.14.95.0

Hello!
On my TV with Alphacrypt Classic CI Module, V3.23, and Unitymedia Smartcard UM02 there are still dropouts on encrypted channels, the device turns off several seconds and then displays a message box with no content.

BYE
Michael

zlatko
02-10-2012, 09:14 AM
@DerShortyy
You are completely off target with your assumptions - read carefully whole thread. All the issues are present on HD content, that's what everybody who bought 40"+ TV set is watching. I watch predominantly(85%) HD content and I can confirm local dimming glitches. Also DSE which is infesting Philips high-end TV sets is a HARDWARE issue, it is not connected with source quality in any way.

Toengel
02-10-2012, 09:16 AM
Hi,

for CI(+) problems, see also: http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?4477-Problem-with-CI-module

Toengel@Alex

21_9_78
02-10-2012, 10:02 AM
have tried turning off the lightsensor @bluevoice, but that unfortunatly doesnt fix a thing, and @DerShortyy the problem with dynamic backlighting is present all the time no matter the source material i mostly use blu-ray films on a philips bfp9600 with my 58pfl9956 as you still see it on good quality movies. it is depressing , because frienda of mine have topp of the line models from sony,samsung and they have not close to as big problem as my 58pfl9956. it makes me wish i stayed with plasma tv. i form before have a pioneer and inn som way wished they still made tvs. i panasonic is still not quite the same. and hardwarein 2011 has no problem keeping up with the action in the picture on others brands. sp i am hoping for a soon fix. in every other case of simmilar problems i am used to reading in the press that the brands be it sony or microsft go out and are sorry about the problem . and will have it fixed before a certain date. there is nothing more important then respecting customers. and philips not saying anything to its customers at all is plain rude. it gives me the feeling they dont care and all they want it my money. when it comes to the asian companies there will usually be a CEO bowing and bowing and saying how sorry they are :) so PHILIPS should wake up!!! :mad::mad:

DerShortyy
02-10-2012, 10:16 AM
have tried turning off the lightsensor @bluevoice, but that unfortunatly doesnt fix a thing, and @DerShortyy the problem with dynamic backlighting is present all the time no matter the source material i mostly use blu-ray films on a philips bfp9600 with my 58pfl9956 as you still see it on good quality movies.

Hi,

on which level do you have your dynamic backlightning?

21_9_78
02-10-2012, 10:23 AM
i have tried all 3 diffirent settings on the 58pfl9956 standard,best power and best picture. but they all have problems keeping up with movement in the picture. and they keep missing by darkening the wrong areas and lighting up. plus their is the problem of backlighting everyone now and then giving flash like blinks. i live in also live in a country where there is allot of subtitles on tv and the philips keeps reacting to this too.

21_9_78
02-10-2012, 10:28 AM
like a i said i talked last week with a technician with philips service partner in norway and he was aware of the problem. and he said philips also knew about this, but they havent even toled him when the firmware fix will be released. but how many months should this take. it should have been working when they released the tv. its not very good control from philips part to release a product that is a beta product.

bluevoice
02-10-2012, 10:29 AM
i have tried all 3 diffirent settings on the 58pfl9956 standard,best power and best picture. but they all have problems keeping up with movement in the picture. and they keep missing by darkening the wrong areas and lighting up. plus their is the problem of backlighting everyone now and then giving flash like blinks. i live in also live in a country where there is allot of subtitles on tv and the philips keeps reacting to this too.

Can you turn the Dynamic Backlight and the Light Sensor both completely off and see if it helps?

Also what setting do you use for Dynamic Contrast?

21_9_78
02-10-2012, 10:34 AM
i use 50% for dynamic contrast have setting low. i use settings that i have got form profesionals when they tested the tv in a norwegian magazine. turning it off ofcourse solves the problem, but the point i want is a working local dimming system not one i have to just turn off because it doesnt work. all the other tv brands manage to get it to work. if philips cant get it work they shouldent include they function and put such a high price on the tv.

02-10-2012, 03:46 PM
I use 99% of HD +, Sky HD and Bluray.
The artifacts are Localdimming only be repaired by turning off the dynamic backlight.
I have for weeks tried every possible settings, testing the internal tuner and multiple external HD receiver.
The sparkle and wrong belongs darkening of image areas, changing your settings can not be eliminated!
People do not see these problems should not automatically conclude that it is generally not the problem!
It certainly knows only Philips, whether different hardware was installed on the TV, or wherever else these errors come from!

(Google Translator)

DerShortyy
02-10-2012, 06:54 PM

This evening i played around with the new myremote app 2.0 and the TV crashes it was a reboot without philips logo. after that crash the network connection was lost until the internal network elements has been started again (after 1-2min).

21_9_78
02-10-2012, 07:39 PM
@Cinema 21:9 you are right, when i spoke to the philips representative or technican it is something in hollans knows about and they rekon the can fix it in a firmware update. no settings will fix this and all settings are testet so people do not need to wonder what settings we are using. no matter what we do only firmware or worst case scenario hardware will fix the problem. i find it very depressing that philips did check that this worked before the started sending the tvs to stores around the world. it is very amateur and irresponsible.

german_gyu
02-14-2012, 04:41 PM
Hi,

as far as I know you can make the videotext transparent. Just press the option button during you are in videotext mode.

Toengel@Alex

Yes, you are right, but this option is not stored. So with each activation of videotext it must be enabled again.

frankie
02-15-2012, 11:55 PM
SEVERAL ISSUES with 46PFL9706H/12 :(

1) Still sometimes TXT issue using Ziggo CI+, this supposed to be fixed in this latest release

2) Sometimes, when switching channels, it states decrypted channel. If I then switch channel, which then works and then switch back, the problems is solved.

3) The local diming is realing causing a "ghost" effect. Especially in darker areas in slow moving images. Very annoying

4) When I watch TV broadcasts where the camera turns from left to right and vv. and the backgound does not move/change. For example soccer fields during a football match, it looks like their is vertical "fog" or "smudges" behind the LCD screen that move along with the camera. As if you are watching through dirty glasses/window

5) I have also another issue open on this forum, with regards to wifi media connect, with also strange behaviour.

6) Sometimes the screen does not turn on while the ambilight comes on with white led. A power off is the only solution

7) Sometimes the HDMI 1 ARC channel does not activate the amplifier

I have a 46PFL9706H/12. This is supposed to be top of the bill LCD TV (the price is) with moth eye filter but since I have bought it I have still not been a happy user as it just has to much anoying little and bigger issues.

It was already returned to Philips for repair for nearly 3 weeks within 2 weeks after I bought it.

I bought in December 3D glasses PTA516 on Philips.com. Turns out they make a BUZZ sound. New ones were promissed. I had to wait 2 months before I finally received 1 replacement. The other ones are still to be received.

I have always been a big fan of Philips TV's but I am really starting too loose faith ....... unfortunate...... :-((

PHILIPS please fix the issues but moreover communicate what is being worked upon to be fixed, manage our expectations. As your customers I belief we deserve it.

Thank you

I really hope that the Philips Engineers can get these issues finally fixed or offer a good deal on the 2012/2013 model if this is without any issues. Could you imagine if this was a CAR .........

Nomercy
02-16-2012, 09:20 AM
HI All

Have the same issues (all of them + two more) as frankie described in previous post - 46PFL9706K/02, called customer service few times, they let me wait on the phone with no answers, sent them an email, no response yet (more then 2 weeks). Few issues with HTS 8562 home cinema, same process at customer service. Both bought just before X-mass. Does anybody have any contact to escalate this upstairs in Philips organization ? I am really fed and bought this high cost products with expectation of high quality

bluevoice
02-16-2012, 09:24 AM
HI All

Have the same issues (all of them + two more) as frankie described in previous post - 46PFL9706K/02, called customer service few times, they let me wait on the phone with no answers, sent them an email, no response yet (more then 2 weeks). Few issues with HTS 8562 home cinema, same process at customer service. Both bought just before X-mass. Does anybody have any contact to escalate this upstairs in Philips organization ? I am really fed and bought this high cost products with expectation of high quality

@Nomercy: are the issues with the HTS8562 similar to what I described here:

http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?3762-PHILIPS-PLEASE-HELP-HTS8562-12-crashing-Philips-Cinema-Gold-TV-(50PFL7956H-12)

Do you also experience resets and bad Easylink compatibility (i.e. no or wrong Easylink menu items on the TV menu)?

Nomercy
02-16-2012, 09:48 AM
Yes bluevoice and I tried to fix, it worked just for while and now is issue back + very, very, very noisy blueray player

bluevoice
02-16-2012, 09:59 AM
Yes bluevoice and I tried to fix, it worked just for while and now is issue back + very, very, very noisy blueray player

@Nomercy: There is no fix, so join the club of waiting people. I'm waiting for 4 months for a fix now and still nothing... I do not know any way to escalate this or I would do it.

I talked to the Customer Service of the Philips Online Shop (the place were I purchased both my tv and HTS) and they told me they have no direct line with the development team. So if there is a problem a repair service process is started (so that they can start swapping components and stuff) but there is no direct feedback to the people who make / test the software of these products. Do you see a flaw in the Philips R&D flow?

I'm affraid that Philips is switching development to TVP, and we are left out in the cold in this transition period and we'll never see a fix for our cripled devices. Of course bugs will be solved in the newer products... I wonder how the current situation will impact the already not so great TV sales. This is bad advertising for Philips!

Nomercy
02-16-2012, 10:12 AM
I feel the same, friend of my bought Samsung, had issue with channel switching, reported this to customer service, they sent technician, who fixed everything for him, including filling the papers at his home...

BTW - I still wait for promised wireless module for rear speakers, wall mount of rear speakers and PTA516 2 pairs of glasses, so .....

bluevoice
02-16-2012, 10:18 AM
I feel the same, friend of my bought Samsung, had issue with channel switching, reported this to customer service, they sent technician, who fixed everything for him, including filling the papers at his home...

BTW - I still wait for promised wireless module for rear speakers, wall mount of rear speakers and PTA516 2 pairs of glasses, so .....

The home repair service from Philips is ok, I had 4 different technicians visit me at home, all of them told me they've never seen this problem before so they have no solution for it. Last one told me that the hardware should be good now (after replacing both SSB board of the TV and the digiboard of the HTS) and that there's nothing else to do but wait for a software update.

21_9_78
02-16-2012, 10:52 AM
same here, firmware fix. atleast it isnt a hardware problem with my 58PFL9956. But hard to wait for
firmware when we all have spent loads of money on expensive TV`s.

bluevoice
02-16-2012, 10:56 AM
I agree, my TV is 6 months old now and still not all bugs have been fixed... What does Philips think, what is an acceptable period to fix the major bugs?

21_9_78
02-16-2012, 11:06 AM
agree @bluevoice its wonder why other brands can release new tv`s that work as advertized. friends of mine have sony pro led tv`s and panasonic tv`s and they all do what they advertize they can. whats the point of selling a tv on the basis that it has working new 1200hrz dynmaic backlghting and charging more money for this tv because of that. and it doesnt work !!!!! like saying a tv is a color tv and when you get home and find it doesnt display colors yett. frustrating!! and philips themselves says nothing I got the new form the nice repairman whos has contacted philips in holland and they say yes we are aware of this. when we fix we cant say , but we are gonna fix it. they should stop advertizing about their tvs having expensive functions that dont work.

Sofus
02-16-2012, 02:12 PM
Does the ARC or audio-passthrough from Philips BDPs (to HDMI or coax out) work with 5.1 on the 2011 9000 and 8000 etc TVs? Or does the TV tell the BDP to "go stereo only" like eg the 2010 PFL9705 when connected to a BDP7500 (and other Philips 2010 BDPs). What about 2011 TVs/2010 BDPs or 2010 TVs/2011 BDPs. See http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?4532-Only-stereo-on-HDMI-what-TV-BD(DVD)-models-Why.

nnay07
02-19-2012, 07:44 PM
How long has it been since the last "Hello we are still here!" from Philips on this post/forum?

02-20-2012, 10:36 AM
What you should always write the same thing?
The errors are known, Philips does not answer anyway.
Wonder why the forum here makes sense at all?
The people have paid much money for a half-finished product, the manufacturer does not care who got his money and leaves and even in the rain!

(Google Translator)

GPDawes
02-20-2012, 11:46 PM
Users should unite summarize and go for a class action.

mk81
02-21-2012, 05:55 AM
The ambilight still flashes sometimes in a certain area in wrong colours -
it seems to happen more often after the TV is already working for a longer time (some hours) ...

(58pfl9956)

bluevoice
02-21-2012, 07:31 AM
Users should unite summarize and go for a class action.

That would be a good idea. I wonder if a class action is the only thing that would move Philips into solving all ther software flaws / bugs.

I just filed an official complaint with Philips asking for a better software / firmware for the 2011 tv's. I would also advise everybody to do so, I hope this is a signal to Philips. Philips claims that it wants to have the best support but in reality they don't even care to answer simple questions like what problems they are working on and how long will it take to solve them. This is totally unacceptable.

CrisRoda
02-21-2012, 10:38 AM
Hello to everyone this is my first post, and i want to say that my Philips 40pfl8606H/12 have a great image, but it could be better, i notice and in this parte im a little sad is that philips software can deal very good with subtittles and logos of the channel or movies, a i dont now the correct terms like shadowing, etc... but around them logos and subtittles it creates a blur image and a little big that every one notice for shore, i have almost every option deactivated, thats another thing.I think you could improve this. 2) there should be two configurations for SD and for HD, they toghether dont work well, every options in 2 or 3 types of information standart definition (SD) or high definition (HD) or even 3D.
Another bug the backlight is always brigther or deactivated like when the monitor when we dont move the mouse, its better to change that or improve its a little bit anoyning.
Thanks im using the last update.

02-21-2012, 05:38 PM
The ambilight still flashes sometimes in a certain area in wrong colours -
it seems to happen more often after the TV is already working for a longer time (some hours) ...

(58pfl9956)

For me it is only since the software 14.95.
Before that Ambilight has always worked properly!
Wonder why Philips have wasted his time doing things that works where?
Take care of some important things about how the picture flashes or brightness pumps.

(Google Translator)

mk81
02-21-2012, 07:32 PM
For me since .93 - but with .95 is seems to appear more often...

Fitness-Boy
02-22-2012, 09:12 AM
SEVERAL ISSUES with 46PFL9706H/12 :(

I have a 46PFL9706H/12. This is supposed to be top of the bill LCD TV (the price is) with moth eye filter but since I have bought it I have still not been a happy user as it just has to much anoying little and bigger issues.

I have always been a big fan of Philips TV's but I am really starting too loose faith ....... unfortunate...... :-((

PHILIPS please fix the issues but moreover communicate what is being worked upon to be fixed, manage our expectations. As your customers I belief we deserve it.

It's the same for my 46PFL9706K/02 :( I'm so angry about that. It's a shame that Philips doesn't care about their "non-working" high-price products.

kookaburra
02-22-2012, 03:38 PM
Please Philips (Thomas), you could confirm if there is solution to the buzzing of PTA516 glasses. At Philips Spain are driving me crazy, is the 3rd time in a month I give the glasses in the service for me to replace it by a hum, and I always get glasses with tinnitus, Today again I have deposited for me again the change, and I'm sure I delivered with the same problem. My last record in Philips Spain is the 50-942683000
Thank you very much for your help.
Google translator

banjeep
02-23-2012, 02:12 PM
philips, you're trying to solve these problems, or are you washing your hands?

kookaburra
02-23-2012, 03:07 PM
Please Philips (Thomas), you could confirm if there is solution to the buzzing of PTA516 glasses. At Philips Spain are driving me crazy, is the 3rd time in a month I give the glasses in the service for me to replace it by a hum, and I always get glasses with tinnitus, Today again I have deposited for me again the change, and I'm sure I delivered with the same problem. My last record in Philips Spain is the 50-942683000
Thank you very much for your help.
Google translator

Please philips, could answer this question. No longer to turn. Nobody gives answers in philips? To serve this board?

Google translator

pjoslo
02-23-2012, 09:56 PM
My 46pfl9706 arrived yesterday. I can confirm that PNM is living a life of it's own! Although it is off in the menu (both in Personal for Sky HD and Cinema for BluRay) it is most definitely on. Star Wars on BluRay looks atrocious....as does any HD Tv programme. Philips-fix it!!!

pjoslo
02-24-2012, 10:27 AM
Just got off the phone to Philips Support in Norway and well..you have to laugh...
Apparently the fact that PNM comes on again on after turning off the 46PFL9706 TV is "a default setting due to it being a high quality TV"!

So stop complaining everyone - this is a feature that you've all paid a premium for!!

PJ

bluevoice
02-24-2012, 10:37 AM
Just got off the phone to Philips Support in Norway and well..you have to laugh...
Apparently the fact that PNM comes on again on after turning off the 46PFL9706 TV is "a default setting due to it being a high quality TV"!

So stop complaining everyone - this is a feature that you've all paid a premium for!!

PJ

This is such a bullshit, if the TV can remember all other personal settings, why doesn't it remember the PNM option being turned OFF? If it's on by default, why bother implement a setting for PNM?

02-24-2012, 11:32 AM
Meanwhile, I think it's all just ridiculous.
Philips should be ashamed! I have my unit now 5 months and it is every day a disgrace to what the so-called Platinum Cinema for software fault!
PNM is always on.
Flashes the image.
The picture Pumps.
The image shows dark gray with a pattern like an ass antlers.
Since I now have 14.95 software also a flash of Ambilight and sporadic false colors.
This unit you can really put you into the museum, because you have your masterpiece delivered Philips!

(Google Translator)

kookaburra
02-24-2012, 11:36 PM
Meanwhile, I think it's all just ridiculous.
Philips should be ashamed! I have my unit now 5 months and it is every day a disgrace to what the so-called Platinum Cinema for software fault!
PNM is always on.
Flashes the image.
The picture Pumps.
The image shows dark gray with a pattern like an ass antlers.
Since I now have 14.95 software also a flash of Ambilight and sporadic false colors.
This unit you can really put you into the museum, because you have your masterpiece delivered Philips!

(Google Translator)

I confirm all the problems in my 21:9 Platinum
Google Translator

stefanox
02-25-2012, 07:24 AM
Philips shame we pay so much money for a good television with nothing but trouble.
With each update, promises us that the problem is solved, but not so.
I personally think about the television to exchange it for another brand.

Do you have the problem with the 46PFL9706 that after cleaning the screen here white bars appear on the screen?

google translator

mduran
02-25-2012, 10:22 AM
And then Philips sells it's TV division to TVP Taiwan, why? Because it isn't lucrative anymore. Why do you think this happens?

Let me tell you something about marketing, the best marketing is mouth-to-mouth! If someone, let 's call him X, likes a TV, it will tell it to friends, these friends will tell someone who is looking for a TV. Buy a Philips, X got one and he is full of it. This way the word spreads.
Why is samsung so big, yes mouth-to-mouth, everybody who ownes one, will tell, cheap and full off functions, they don't know what half the functions do, but yet!

Everyone with a Philips, I am one of them, will spread this around: Don't buy, too expensive, lousy support and not enough features. So I guess I stopped maybe 1 or 2 people from buying a Philips.

Count all the people who is not satisfied, multiply by 2 and there is your loss. But if someone from Philips would say on this forum, we know of the problems and are trying to fix, even if you are not fixing this, even if you are focusing on the 2012 models! People would say, buy a Philips it has some flaws BUT!!!!! they are going to fix it!

This can help 1 or 2 years, after that nobody would believe you anymore, but that is a different issue! ;-) haha.

e60
02-25-2012, 11:18 AM
While I was searching for some helpful informations regarding to some really annoying bugs with my 37PFL9606K, I found this thread here. My TV has the newest Firmware 000.014.095.000 and "features" ;) the following bugs:

- Perfect Natural Motion (PNM) permanently on
- CI+ "encrypted channel" issues with Unitymedia's HD module manufactured by SmarDTV (SmarCAM-3) - also described by Joerg78 and other users in this thread (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?4477-Problem-with-CI-module)
- sometimes videotext is not working
- "Remote Control" issue as mk81 (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?4389-Your-experiences-with-FW-v0.14.95.0-for-8000-9000-and-21-9-series-(2011-models)&p=24968&viewfull=1#post24968) described in his post
- extremely slow channel switching. It takes up to 6 seconds!!!
- sometimes the TV reboots itself without any influence

So Philips, please take care of your customers! We paid a lot of our hard earned money for a product that isn't working well! Is this really the service you want to provide to your customers?

02-25-2012, 02:12 PM
Please Philips, let us know if there's any hope?

Espen000
02-26-2012, 08:49 PM
I hope Philips begin to understand the frustration from the customers with the premium models now.

It seems that there are an increasingly larger group of people waiting for a fix now and the patience from those who are already waiting is about to run out.

I ask you Philips to at least give us an indication/update on what you are working on and when we can expect to get an update?

Espen

21_9_78
02-27-2012, 09:39 PM
i agree again with @Espen000 I am really anoyed that this is stil not fixed, makes me wish i bought a diffirent brand tv. maybe they again will release a firmware upgrade for the 58pfl9956 01.03 . that they stil not give any note of where they are in their progress or if they are doing anything at all.

local dimming has to bee fixed this time or I am gonna return it and get something else.

kookaburra
02-28-2012, 12:05 PM
ERROR LOCALDIMMING WITH FIRMWARE 14.95

PHILIPS THINK WHEN GIVING A SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM?
GOOGLE Traslator

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaRHeh9vkIU

Eliot
02-28-2012, 12:19 PM
Thomas / JuAn at Philips,

Could you please take just a couple of minutes to reply to this forum?

All we want to know is that the issues being widely reported here (such as problems with the local dimming algorithm and PNM always being enabled) are being worked upon, even if a solution has yet to be identified or efforts have had to be postponed whilst other priorities are being addressed.

I appreciate that some of the posts on this forum have bordered on the abusive, but I think it has been the lack of a response that has unfortunately frustrated your customers to such a degree.

We can all be patient with just a modicum of information, just so long as we know you guys are on the case and we are, as customers, valued and therefore are being listened to.

Thanks in advance for your response,

Eliot

02-28-2012, 03:29 PM
I get to see every day!

Picture flashes intermittently:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXu4IYrNxPU

Image pumped into horizontal strips above and below:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNn3iho3uGY

Picture shows in dark gray spradisch a pattern like ass antlers:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTqnNpmsmAI

The pattern as ass antlers, you can adjust with this video file directly to the USB on the TV: http://www.w6rz.net/irefield10.zip

Philips - Thomas
02-28-2012, 03:59 PM
Hi Guys,

yes we are working on it.
But unfortunately we can not give you any Dates or promises at all.

Regards
Thomas

kookaburra
02-28-2012, 04:29 PM
Hi Guys,

Regards
Thomas

Thank you very much for the confirmation.
Google translator

02-28-2012, 04:48 PM
Thank you, that gives us all hope!

Eliot
02-28-2012, 05:51 PM
Hi Guys,

Regards
Thomas

Thank you Thomas.

Acknowledgement of the issues and reassurance they are indeed being worked on is all we needed.

Eliot

Gerrit
02-29-2012, 09:01 AM
OK Thomas, feel it as an encouragement: I still want to buy the 9956 as soon as the flashes and dimming problems are gone!!!

regards, gerrit

Espen000
02-29-2012, 09:03 AM
Thank you very much for your acknowledgement Thomas!;)

bluevoice
02-29-2012, 09:08 AM
Hi Guys,

Regards
Thomas

Hi Thomas, can you be more specific about what specific issues the development team is working on?

I'd like to know if issues like CI+ dropouts (also known as "Encrypted channel" issue), reboots as a result of unstable network connection and defective Easylink functionality and menu's will also be addressed in future firmware upgrades.

2funky
03-01-2012, 05:03 AM
I upgraded my 46PFL9706K today to 14.95 and I have the same problem others mentioned, where the picture goes 'blank' for few seconds for no reason. This happened twice today (twice late night while watching the football matcg).
So the problem is not gone, actually is worse because this "crash" of the software seems longer than previous firmwares, it takes good 10 seconds before the TV is back.

What shall I do? Any hint ?

Polderboy
03-01-2012, 05:11 AM
I also have that my 46PFL8606H switches off automaticly for about 10 seconds and then turns on again. There is still so much wrong with the software of Philips today. How can they ever expect us to buy a Philips TV again ?

bluevoice
03-01-2012, 11:38 AM
I also have that my 46PFL8606H switches off automaticly for about 10 seconds and then turns on again. There is still so much wrong with the software of Philips today. How can they ever expect us to buy a Philips TV again ?

Those automaticly off switches are in fact resets / reboots of the TV's operating system. In these forums, users have identified 2 different causes for these resets:

1) network related dropouts that cause the network interface to crash (Router or DLNA related)
2) "automatic channel update" resets. You see this message displayed on your screen followed by a reset.

I'm not sure but 1 and 2 could be related. I learned that the tv can close different processes in order to protect hardware components. This seems to be happening here.

So could it be that the TV identifies the packages of information as potentially harmfull and closes thet network interface causing a reset of the system? No way to know, Philips is not giving any feedback or sharing their thoughts with us. If Philips would, that would mean accepting the fact that the firmware still has some flaws, and that these must be addressed. So ignorance is bliss...

Warrex
03-01-2012, 07:00 PM
Those automaticly off switches are in fact resets / reboots of the TV's operating system. In these forums, users have identified 2 different causes for these resets:

1) network related dropouts that cause the network interface to crash (Router or DLNA related)
2) "automatic channel update" resets. You see this message displayed on your screen followed by a reset.

My 46PFL9706K is not connected to any DVB-S/-C/-T, analogue or network source. It is only connected to a PS3 and a PC via HDMI and I still get picture dropouts for a few seconds every few hours.

I don't care if this is due to resets/reboots because of firmware bugs! I do not have this problem on my 40PFL9705k and 32PFL9705k models and I certainly do not want have it on a new 2500 Euro TV. It is annoying and embarrasing when watching Blu-Ray with firends and it is lethal when playing online!

PHILIPS, FIX THIS ALREADY!

e60
03-01-2012, 07:45 PM
@Warrex
Try to deactivate HbbTV. This was the reason why my TV had random freezes and reboots.

Teddy63
03-02-2012, 02:02 PM
I have problems of vertical banding which is not resolving with this new fw...

This problem appears only when there's a clear background ( especially in football games, skiing, ...)

I'm very disapointed ... Because in movies it's very high quality of pics....

Please help me !! Find a solution !!! Else i bring back the Tv to the shop ....

mk81
03-03-2012, 06:53 AM
FW .96 is online

Espen000
03-03-2012, 08:08 AM
FW .96 is online

Where? on the support page for my screen I can only see .95 ?

bluevoice
03-03-2012, 08:14 AM
Where? on the support page for my screen I can only see .95 ?

I also see it on the downloads page for my Philips Cinema Gold TV. Seems that it takes some time until the cache is cleared and you can see it on the support page.

Wonder what issues the new firmware addresses.

Espen000
03-03-2012, 08:24 AM
I do not think it fixes the local domming. If they were this close of releasing the fix, Thomas would probably mentioned this is his last post which were a few days old..

bluevoice
03-03-2012, 08:27 AM
I opened a new thread to continue the discussion about the new firmware v14.96

http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?4860-Your-experiences-with-FW-v0.14.96.0-for-8000-9000-and-21-9-series-(2011-models)

DerShortyy
03-03-2012, 08:56 AM
I also see it on the downloads page for my Philips Cinema Gold TV. Seems that it takes some time until the cache is cleared and you can see it on the support page.

Wonder what issues the new firmware addresses.

i can also see it on the support page for my 46pfl9706/k02

Warrex
03-03-2012, 06:09 PM
@Warrex
Try to deactivate HbbTV. This was the reason why my TV had random freezes and reboots.

Hey, thanks for trying to help me out! However it did not make any differnce.

Philips - Thomas
03-05-2012, 07:33 AM
Hi

please go on in this Thread (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?4860-Your-experiences-with-FW-v0.14.96.0-for-8000-9000-and-21-9-series-(2011-models)).

Regards
Thomas
[closed]