PDA

View Full Version : YouTube not working

gceregatti
02-01-2012, 05:58 PM
Hi there!

People, can you please help me? I've recently bought a 40PFL5806D TV to use with the PS3 and to see Youtube in a larger screen. I don't care about TV programs, I just want it for the uses mentioned.

Well, since the first day the Youtube app didn't work, and hasn't worked since then. When you press the OK button on that, the loading bar appears, shows two of the blue balls and disappears. Nothing happens after.

I called Philips support service, they sent the technicians to my house and they said that it's probably a problem with my Internet router. They say that the "output" of the LAN ports aren't enough for the TV.

I checked that out on the net and the "output" of the ports are "100 Mpbs" (they are 10/100 Mbps Full ). So it doesn't sound reasonable that my router isn't providing enough output for the TV...

Any ideas of what might be happening? I didn't want to have the TV taken to the technical assistance...

And yes, I've updated the TV software. And the router is a D-Link D-524.

Thanks in advance!

Dudusat
02-03-2012, 08:45 PM
vou dizer uma coisa pra vc , hoje dia 03-02-2012
quando fui entrar no youtube na tv 40pfl6606d/78
a mensagem q veio era a seguinte esse app foi descontinuado e vai ser removido agora.
eu acho q vai ter mais esse app nos dispositivos.
flw

Philips - Mark
02-03-2012, 08:52 PM
Your message:
"I will say one thing for you today 03/02/2012 day when I go on youtube on tv 40pfl6606d/78 the message that came was the following app has been discontinued and will be removed now"

TIP:
Please go to the app gallery and re-install the YouTube App.

Dudusat
02-03-2012, 09:00 PM
I have tried to do that more does not have the youtube app on the list for installation

Dudusat
02-03-2012, 09:15 PM
ok resolved tks

gceregatti
02-03-2012, 10:55 PM
Hi!

Dudusat, you say you re-installed the app and then it worked? Well, I had tried to install all youtube apps available on the App Gallery to try and check if any of them would work but I wasn't lucky.

Then today, after reading your answer I opened the OnlineTV and what a surprise! The interface look had changed. For a moment I thought my problem could have been solved. I tried to open the YT app, but got the same behavior as before: two blue "loading" balls and no response again. Then I tried another YT app that I had tried to install and then I got the message you mentioned, 'bout the app being discontinued... But after all this nothing changed, still can't use youTube on the TV.

Have you, Dudusat, or has anyone else, ever heard anything about this issue between the TV and the router?

Dudusat
02-04-2012, 12:42 PM
a primeira coisa a fazer e remover todos os icones de youtube q vc tiver instalado
depois vc instala de novo s o do brasil.
ento remover todos os icones de app de youtube q vc tiver instalado. depois vc reinicia a tv e instala s app youtube brasil.
aqui eu fiz assim.
enquanto eu removi todos os outros youtube funcionou

sd177
02-14-2012, 10:10 PM
Dudusat, Why are you answering in Portuguese?! we all also want to benfit from this discusion.

Dudusat
02-15-2012, 09:22 AM
The first thing to do is remove all the icons you have installed youtube q
After you install only the new Brazil.
then remove all the icons of q youtube app you have installed. After you restart the app only installs TV and youtube Brazil.
I did so here.
while I removed all other work youtube