PDA

View Full Version : TV 32PFS6401/12 turns on automatically

cervelo
09-21-2017, 05:46 PM
I've seen similar topic but for different model so I wanted to check if somebody can help.

In last two months I had several cases of this strange TV behavior. Last night I even checked my watch and it was 04:00 am. Only sound, no image. TV can't recognize remote and I have to unplug TV in order to sleep. Otherwise, TV would reboot and then remote will work again but by that moment I would be totally awaken and no sleep till morning.

Is there any solution to this? This is extremely annoying.

Caroline Philips
09-22-2017, 12:39 PM
Hi,

Press Settings button>All settings>Channels>Antenna/Cable installation>Automatic Channel update>OFF

and

Antenna/Cable installation>Channel Update Message>OFF

cervelo
09-26-2017, 08:23 AM
Hi,

I want to report after I turned off both functions you suggested just above (I also updated TV to the latest firmware) the problem still persist and just this morning same thing happened.

Is there any other solution to this issue? Unplugging TV each night would be really pathetic move.

SilentShadow85
09-26-2017, 09:17 AM
I have the tv starting by itself problem (tv model 55pus6401/12) as well along with all the other problems (this problem is well documented and yet the "brilliant" software engineers who work on tv software did not fix this kind of problem in the philips tvs since 2015 apparently (google search of this problem)

I fall asleep with my tv usually so when I'm waking up in the middle of the night to turn the tv off after a few minutes the tv sound starts by itself this shenanigans with my tv turned into a parody at this point, I need to wait for my TV to turn on (when you press the power button after the sound is on the android tv logo is coming up on the screen and i need to wait for the entire system to reload) before I fall back to sleep in order to shut it off AGAIN for the rest of the night, does this sounds normal to anyone?! it's freaking ridiculous.

I've already forgot of all the other problems with my tv like miracast not working and so on since MY TV IS TURNING ON BY ITSELF FOR GOD'S SAKE! this people at phillips got 0 idea what they are doing it's crazy! bunch of muppets! I'm tired of dealing with my TV every day I want it to just work, not trying to figure out fixes all long day to problems with it.

Needless to say I did all of the forum suggested fixes by the philis representatives like turning auto channel updates off, channel update message off, and auto software update off nothing helps.

P.S.
If it was really a Philips company TV and not just a brand name used under the current manufacture things like this would have never happened, shame the good reputation of phillips is being destroyed like that.

Caroline Philips
09-26-2017, 02:39 PM
Hi,

I want to report after I turned off both functions you suggested just above (I also updated TV to the latest firmware) the problem still persist and just this morning same thing happened.

Is there any other solution to this issue? Unplugging TV each night would be really pathetic move.
Could you please tell me what's the software version installed on your TV?

cervelo
09-26-2017, 02:42 PM
First time I experienced this issue was few months ago (I guess in spring this year or early summer). Before that it was all OK. I also googled a bit and saw that even other brands have sort of similar problems. This could be related to the funny term of "smart" TV. (hehehehehe)
Yeah, I guess this is software issue and if the problem is noted back in 2015 then I am sure they have no idea what's the core problem. Meh... I believe one or two geeks involved in android coding would easily find the solution in less than two-three nights for decent reward.

At the moment I can only try to perform factory reset hoping the problem will disappear or get socket timer as a last chance. But this all would be needless if they would only invest some money/effort which is obviously not the case/plan. Maybe the number of people that report this or know how to report it is not enough for Philips to react properly. This surely tells a lot about brand...

cervelo
09-26-2017, 03:00 PM

Version: QM164E.0.1.15.197
Release notes: QM16XE_F-user 5.1.1 LMY48N eng release-keys
Creation date: Thu Jul 13 01:40:34 IST 2017

SilentShadow85
09-26-2017, 03:03 PM

Thanks alot for ignoring me caroline and not asking me for my software version, anyways mine is the latest version available for my tv using the update menu QM163E_U_0.10.77.2

@cervelo
Please let me know if factory reset helped you!

Like you said I am too sure that a real software engineer or even an android hardcore geek could solve this in no time, if you ask me? it seems like phillips got around 10 people max who are working on all the tv lines they have, no men power and probably unqualified people on that job and the results speak for themselves.

I'm pretty sure the low reports on this are because people probably just return the tvs to the shops, most people will not agree to mess with a tv on a daily basis for anything other than just watching it, my tv for example is very nice IMO (HUE integration etc') and so i suffer with bugs but as I said most people will not tolerate it, I can only imagine the return rate on philips tv's it must be super high.

Caroline Philips
10-06-2017, 01:04 PM
Thanks alot for ignoring me caroline and not asking me for my software version, anyways mine is the latest version available for my tv using the update menu QM163E_U_0.10.77.2

@cervelo
Please let me know if factory reset helped you!

Like you said I am too sure that a real software engineer or even an android hardcore geek could solve this in no time, if you ask me? it seems like phillips got around 10 people max who are working on all the tv lines they have, no men power and probably unqualified people on that job and the results speak for themselves.

I'm pretty sure the low reports on this are because people probably just return the tvs to the shops, most people will not agree to mess with a tv on a daily basis for anything other than just watching it, my tv for example is very nice IMO (HUE integration etc') and so i suffer with bugs but as I said most people will not tolerate it, I can only imagine the return rate on philips tv's it must be super high.

Hello,

I would suggest contacting your local Customer Services to book TV for a repair.