PDA

View Full Version : 46PFL9706M/08 in Spain?

oscarbcncat
02-01-2012, 10:16 PM
I've already asked this question in Net TV forum but nobody replied in 3 days. Sorry if asking again in another part of the forum is not welcome.

I'm about to purchase a 46PFL9706 in Spain. All the models offered here are H/10, as supposed. But today I have found that amazon.es is selling M/08 (supposed to be for italian market). From all that I've read about the differences between both models I understand that M/08 is more complete that H/10 because it adds DVB-S/S2 (MPEG4), MHP(Multimedia Home Platform) and MHEG (system used in Italy).

Am I wrong? Will the M/08 model work in Spain?

PS: And it's also the best price I've found!!

sngbcn
02-02-2012, 01:24 PM
Hi,

You are confused...

DVB-S/2 comes along with the "K/02" version.
MHP comes with the "M/08" version.

"H/12" version is DVB-T/C MPEG4 and HbbTV compatible. In Spain all broadcasters are activating HbbTV services. With the "M/08" model you won't have these services as in Italy they use MHP instead of HbbTV.

A "K/02" version would work in Spain but you can only use it with Free-to-air channels, this means that if you have, for example, Digital + you'll still need the STB to decrypt those channels. Therefore you'll pay more for something that you can't use (in the way you'd like to).

Regards,

oscarbcncat
02-02-2012, 02:11 PM
Thank you sngbcn for the explanation. The source of my confusion is:

http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?593-Net-TV-models&p=15273&viewfull=1#post15273

Anyway I didn't know anything about HbbTV and you made me see that "H/12" is the smart choice for Spain.