PDA

View Full Version : SmartTV error message - no NetTV access

Oriel
02-03-2012, 11:18 PM
I am unable to access Net TV from my BDP5000 blu-ray player, and am also getting text popping up when I try to play a DVD. It reads:

SmartTV
Terms of Use Register
Temporarily deactivated
OK
This App is temporarily deactivated
Discontinued App
Unfortunately this App is no longer available
For this reason it will now be removed from your Home Page
OK

I have tried restarting, but to no avail.

Please advise. If I don't find a way to get rid of this message, I will need to return the player to Amazon for a refund next week.

Thanks.

slasher
02-04-2012, 02:53 PM
I am getting the same issue on my BDP5200/05 when connecting to my media server. Please help.

tony.mcclure
02-04-2012, 06:14 PM
Me too; I cleared all the net tv setting, and then went through the registration stuff again..
This worked ok, and the nettv front page now looks a little different.. Cant add bbc iplayer apps as it now says "Due to maintenance the requested page is not available.....

mytbyte
02-04-2012, 06:26 PM
Here too, Philips BDP6000!!! What't going on, are they changing the application? Could have informed us with some intelligible message and at least offer us an estimate when it will be available again!

tony.mcclure
02-04-2012, 08:02 PM
I have it working now; after waiting a while - In the app store I do not have the bbc iplayer app any more :(.... Lets hope this is only a temporary issue ....

marcelgl
02-05-2012, 08:01 PM
Same problem for me with a BDP 7600.. received a firmware update yesterday, after this same problem as the starter of this thread. Unplug power reboot dit not help. Tried today again, nettv is
still un-usable. Would like to see here an official statement from Philips, seems that many people suddenly have this problem with different products.

Philips - Remko
02-06-2012, 08:01 AM
Hi All,

We have noted your issue & are currently looking into it. We will update you as soon as we have more concrete information.

As a quick fix, you might remove your network connection (Wi-fi or Wired) to avoid getting into this scenario.

Kind regards

bulletproof1979
02-06-2012, 05:09 PM
Just to say, I'm having this problem too, using a BDP 5200, has been the same since Friday...

tony.mcclure
02-06-2012, 05:45 PM
Looks like its connected with the new format display of NetTv,
as shown in
http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?4312-New-quot-Smart-TV-quot-user-interface
as on my 5200 the screen looks some thing like this now...

Philips admin
02-07-2012, 09:38 AM
This thread is closed. Please look/post here (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?4312-New-quot-Smart-TV-quot-user-interface) for any issues with the new Net TV (Smart TV) portal.